Vio
Topic Author

Have You Met Someone From Your Past On Internet?

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:49 am

Hi... Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and any other holiday wishes you can think of...

I have some photos on a website and I get a message from a very very cute young lady in Romania. It turns out she recognized me after (14 years) and we used to be classmates in grade 1 through 4. That's really amazing. I can't really say that I remember her. She certainly looks much different now, mind you when I was in grade 1, my number one priority was soccer and swimming, not girls  Smile They were #3 :P

Have you met anyone from your past through the internet? I find this fascinating!

Cheers,

Vio
Superior decisions reduce the need for superior skills.

Braybuddy

RE: Have You Met Someone From Your Past On Internet?

Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:08 am

Not quite the same as meeting someone, but I discovered an incredible connection on this site.

One of the members, whom I had exchanges with on here and who was also on my RU list, turned out to be the younger brother of one of my friends' best friend. She knew him since he was born, but it took probably a year for the connection to become apparent as he now lives in France.

SlamClick

Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:11 am

Oh yes.

I occasionally go looking for people I knew - and find them in all kinds of places from briefing the President to going to jail.

I look for historical background on people I knew. One fascinating person with whom I was friends for forty years is un-googleable. Her first name and last name are two of the most common HTML words there are. I would get a hit on every single website on the entire internet looking for her. Pretty funny.

This spring I am planning on looking up a good friend from 51 years ago. Found him on the internet and apparently he is still as good a guy as he was back then.
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

D L X

Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:39 am

Yes. A somewhat cute classmate of mine in high school turned into a HOT-ASS woman that I ran into 10 years later on the internet. It was strange when I figured out who it was.

Aaron747

Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:44 am

Other than horny ex-girlfriends? No.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

jamesbuk

Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:47 am

Quoting SlamClick (Reply 2):

Ahhh you got to tell us her name!!

Me, nope not yet, still to young to have lost touch with many people that i know.

Rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

searpqx

RE: Have You Met Someone From Your Past On Interne

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:31 am

Yep, one of the girls from my 'gang' in high school saw my entry into an artists comment book, and managed to trace me from that. We've since reconnected and renewed our friendship.
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity"

HAWK21M

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:00 am

A few old School Friends.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)