DTManiac
Topic Author

Is There A Way To Watch College Sports Online/free

Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:22 am

Hello College Sports Fans,

I was just wondering if there is any way to watch college sports events for free via internet. Via cable or satellite you can only receive NASN here in Germany and they only show some selected games here.
I would really like to see the Holiday Bowl. I could pay for the game on ESPN.com, but I wouldnt consider 15$ to be very cheap and I am afraid that it might not work since I am living overseas.
I already tried to google something up, but I couldnt find a solution to that problem. I tried a program called TVUplayer that should be able to show ESPN live streams, but it didnt work for me.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

GIG 'EM AGGIES!!!

Frederik
Gig 'em Aggies!!!

KaiGywer
Crew

RE: Is There A Way To Watch College Sports Online/free

Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:27 am

Do you have any sportsbars around where you live? They might show something
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

DTManiac
Topic Author

Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:30 am

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 1):
Do you have any sportsbars around where you live? They might show something

Hmm, good idea, but I dont know any in my area. Furthermore, considering the game is during the week and we have a 9h time difference most bars will be closed by then anyway.
Gig 'em Aggies!!!

stlgph

Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:39 am

if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

GOTbound

Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:47 am

TVUplayer works like a charm! I've be using it for the entire NCAAFB and NFL season so far.

EK

DTManiac
Topic Author

Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:47 am

Quoting GOTbound (Reply 4):
TVUplayer works like a charm! I've be using it for the entire NCAAFB and NFL season so far.

Do you get ESPN with that player? I think the game tonight is only televised on ESPN, right?
Gig 'em Aggies!!!

GOTbound

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:20 am

You sure do! Try to download here, or send me PM with your e-mail and I'll e-mail you the program.

EK

KaiGywer
Crew

Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:10 am

Quoting GOTbound (Reply 4):

Never heard of this. Does it do the same the other way? As in showing Norwegian TV in the US?  Smile
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

deltagator

Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:42 am

You can watch some stuff via CSTV.com online though you do have to subscribe to their XXL package (I think that's what it is called) for $9/month or so. You get tons of other college sports as well beyond football.

I subscribed to it while I was in Manchester so I could listen (sadly not watch) the OSU-Michigan game. A couple of weeks later when I was back in Manchester I got to watch my Gators play in the SEC Championship Game on it.

I'll have to check out this TVU player though. It sounds interesting.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

DTManiac
Topic Author

Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:18 am

Yesterdays game could indeed be watched with that TVUplayer. Theoretically. I found the game, connected to the channel, but the connection was so bad that it was more like a slideshow.

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 8):
You can watch some stuff via CSTV.com online

Good alternative. Thanks!
Gig 'em Aggies!!!