planespotting

Finding Old H.s. People Via Myspace And Facebook

Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:51 am

For those of you with the aforementioned social networking sites, I'm sure you have run across this at some point. You're bored, going around looking at friends pages, and somehow you come across people you knew in high school and see what they've been up to.

Most of the people I've found are up to about what I figured they'd be doing...some have stayed in the hometown and never went to college, and others of course have done the college thing, I haven't really found any surprises, but I'm not really looking that exhaustively for old high school people I wasn't really friends with. It still is kind of neat to find people you've forgotten about just to satisfy the "i wonder what they're up to now" thing.

Anyone else have similar experiences or interesting stories about people they've found on myspace or facebook?
Do you like movies about gladiators?

TedTAce

RE: Finding Old H.s. People Via Myspace And Facebook

Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:48 am

I would try reunion.com
This space intentionally left blank

ShyFlyer

Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:07 am

Quoting Planespotting (Thread starter):
Anyone else have similar experiences

Well, using MySpace, I've reconnected with a couple of high school friends and one of my former CFIs.
I lift things up and put them down.

USAFHummer

Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:32 pm

Yep...through it Ive found out all kinds of stuff about my HS classmates...how at least 3 of them are already engaged (including the girl I had a crush on during HS, which I found amusing for some reason)...aside from that, not a huge amount of suprises from what Ive seen, though once we all graduate college in the coming months (we are the college class of '07), it will be interesting to see where everyone heads off to...
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

adopim88

Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:48 pm

facebook

Facebook=EVIL!
I got a death threat on that site, scared me nearly to death! I try to keep as far away from that site as I possibly can!
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

BlueElephant

Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:42 am

Facebook is really good for finding people from High School.

I find it interesting to see whats going on with people you haven't see in a while.

For Example, one of my friends someone who i thought was a pretty simple person, joined NROTC and has been flying Prowlers around off of Aircraft Carriers. Pretty Cool!

2H4

Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:28 am

It's also interesting to search the FAA Airman Database to see what type ratings your long-lost buddies have earned over the years.

2H4

Intentionally Left Blank

KaiGywer
Crew

Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:30 am

Quoting Adopim88 (Reply 4):
facebook

Facebook=EVIL!
I got a death threat on that site, scared me nearly to death! I try to keep as far away from that site as I possibly can!

Which isn't too far  Smile
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an