aloges

On Whose Graves Will You Dance?

Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:27 am

The question is obvious, and addresses avid supporters of the death penalty. Now that we can all read how much rejoice and happiness the killing of Saddam Hussein has sparked, I was asking myself who else was on the internet "tough guy" elite's shit list.

So: If you had the opportunity, whose graves would you dance on after putting on clean trousers?
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Thomson735

RE: On Whose Graves Will You Dance?

Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:38 am

hmm Osama? i woudlnt piss on him if he was on fire, in fact i would piss my self laughing at him

TedTAce

Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:53 am

OBL is #1 with a bullet, or two or three or four....THOUSAND.
This space intentionally left blank

ANCFlyer

Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:55 am

None, no matter how big an asshole the person might have been, "dancing on someone's grave" just doesn't ring as respectful or decent. Whether that be respect for the dead or self-respect, either/or.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

SlamClick

Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:57 am

None.

I'd be honored if I could bring an end to some lives out there but I would feel no celebration in order.

As someone said when the Lincoln conspirators were executed: "We want to know their names no more."

I wish that people could get that today.
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

overlander

Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:37 am

Although some people may find pleasure 'kicking a man when he is down', for myself it is not the done thing.

To paraphrase a bit from Rudyard Kipling -

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!
It is better to travel hopefully.............but, always be prepared for the worst!

bravo45

Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:02 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 3):
None, no matter how big an asshole the person might have been, "dancing on someone's grave" just doesn't ring as respectful or decent. Whether that be respect for the dead or self-respect, either/or.

hmmm I agree on this one too. Though I will restate, you totally lost it this once today (or was it yesterday?).
Is this post about to be deleted too?

AirCop

Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:10 pm

None, no matter how big an asshole the person might have been, "dancing on someone's grave" just doesn't ring as respectful or decent.

Quite agreed; once they are dead who cares..

Quoting SlamClick (Reply 4):
"We want to know their names no more."

Just move on, no reason to dwell in the past.  eyebrow 

Duff44

Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:22 pm

I'm with ANC on this one...

Someone else's death is something nobody should take pride in, for one day you might be the one being danced on.
I'll rassle ya for a bowl of bacon!

miamix707

Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:25 pm

Dancing around Saddam's dead body only shows some cultures have progressed little.

Also, it's not hard to imagine those people who were rejoicing/dancing had no class.

deltagator

Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:41 pm

Quoting Aloges (Thread starter):
The question is obvious, and addresses avid supporters of the death penalty.

Your question is flawed. You are asking who would be disrepfectful, juvenile, and downright uneducated but it has nothing to do with the death penalty. Just because someone supports the death penalty doesn't mean they are disrespectful of others though I'm sure you'll make that leap of judgement.

Now that we can all read how much rejoice and happiness the killing of Saddam Hussein has sparked

I suppose you're saddened by it? Are you saddened because you don't support the death penalty or you think he wasn't evil incarnate?

Am I glad to see him gone? Yes.
Am I rejoicing and dancing a jig? No
Are some Iraqis joyful and dancing with glee? Of course but who could blame them.

You and I have lived relatively peaceful lives and never had to undergo the torture of his regime. You and I could never understand what happened to people there despite whatever we read or see. Therefore you and I can never understand the true feelings of the Iraqi people at this time or understand their reaction to the news. You make a mockery of their lives under his dictatorship with your questioning of their rejoicing.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

RobertNL070

Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:09 pm

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 2):
or two or three or four....THOUSAND

Surely one or two are enough. Why waste good ammunition?

Robert  bouncy 
Youth is a gift of nature. Age is a work of art.

gkirk

Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:15 pm

EWS
Signed, people who have been victims of his photoshopping...
 duck 
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

MYT332

Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:24 pm

See if Aloges asked me the question personally, then I would just list people I wanted to see dead. I wouldn't actually goes as far as to think of what song to play whilst I hypothetically danced on the grave.

It's obvious most don't understand the true question. Down off your high horses all.
One Life, Live it.

Thorben

Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:37 pm

Gee, ANC, what's wrong with you? Did you have ... last night? I actually find myself agreeing with you.
France 1789; Eastern Germany 1989; Tunisia 2011; Egypt 2011

aloges

Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:57 pm

Thanks for the replies, good to read them in contrast to them "Saddam Is Dead Let's Celebrate!)" threads.

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 10):
Just because someone supports the death penalty doesn't mean they are disrespectful of others though I'm sure you'll make that leap of judgement.

You're sure? Well, you are mistaken. If you're an avid supporter of the death penalty but despise dancing on graves, you're welcome to say it as you did. But on the other hand, how many opponents of the death penalty do you notice dancing?  Wink

I suppose you're saddened by it?

That's putting it mildly. I was pissed off by the lack of respect for basic human rights when I started this thread. We have discussed this over and over in this forum, and I wanted a bit of reassurance there's some people in here who agree that every human should get a minimum of respect after his death.

Are you saddened because you don't support the death penalty

That's the one.

or you think he wasn't evil incarnate?

Saddam and his ilk are my definition of evil. The world's peoples need to be protected from brutes who enjoy themselves torturing and killing others.

You make a mockery of their lives under his dictatorship with your questioning of their rejoicing.

That's some logic that I don't quite agree with. But I guess your opinion is that once you've been the victim of inhumane crimes, you have the right to resort to the same as a form of vengeance?
_____

What I have a problem with is civilised people turning into savages. I can find myself almost agreeing with the death penalty in some extreme cases, but I'm still alarmed by the venomous hatred spewn by some. Not because of who it's spewn at, but by the mindsets that allow for the hatred in the first place. It doesn't take much to turn a hate-filled man into a murdering idiot.

baroque

Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:09 am

Quoting Aloges (Reply 15):
Saddam and his ilk are my definition of evil. The world's peoples need to be protected from brutes who enjoy themselves torturing and killing others.

Both true. However, I draw attention to the errors associated with assuming that the likes of Saddam, Stalin, Mao, Hitler, Pol Pot, Idi Amin and many others are exceptional cases. All the evidence suggests that they are all too common, and unexceptional. This holds a major lesson that is largely being ignored.

Queso

Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:48 am

The question is obvious, and addresses avid supporters of the death penalty. Now that we can all read how much rejoice and happiness the killing of Saddam Hussein has sparked, I was asking myself who else was on the internet "tough guy" elite's shit list.

I am as big a supporter of the death penalty as you'll find anywhere and your assertion makes me sick. There is no correlation between support of the death penalty as such and the wish that a particular person would be put to death to fulfull someone's satisfaction at seeing them dead.

The death penalty is a stark and somber punishment. You are trying to make it appear to be something trivial and insignificant by using an example totally out of context.

Quoting MIAMIx707 (Reply 9):
Dancing around Saddam's dead body only shows some cultures have progressed little.

Also, it's not hard to imagine those people who were rejoicing/dancing had no class.

Very good post, right to the point and completely accurate.

ANCFlyer

Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:03 am

Just because someone supports the death penalty doesn't mean they are disrespectful of others though I'm sure you'll make that leap of judgement.

You're sure? Well, you are mistaken.

Hmm, I take exception to that. I am, as you know, a death penalty supporter. That doesn't not mean I am disrespectful of others - in life or in death.

Just because I support the death penalty, doesn't mean I'm going to run out to the grave of the latest person so disposed of and do the hoochie-coochie on their headstone. THAT is disrespectful - both to the dead person and to myself.

I was pissed off by the lack of respect for basic human rights when I started this thread.

I see you point - but I think you mistook the fact people were glad Saddam's finally met his maker (whomever that might be), with their lack of respect for human rights. Clearly an oversight on your part.

Looking at this info:

Quoting Baroque (Reply 16):
. However, I draw attention to the errors associated with assuming that the likes of Saddam, Stalin, Mao, Hitler, Pol Pot, Idi Amin and many others are exceptional cases.

It would not sadden me, upset me, nor cause me grief to see any or all of these scum bags executed - harshly - but that does NOT mean I disrespect human rights. These scum have summarily forfeited their rights as a human based on their treatment of thousands of victims.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

aloges

Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:19 am

Having read this another time, I'm not quite sure I got you right on the first. Did you mean "you'll surely agree that supporters of the DP don't necessarily disrespect others"? I read it as "you'll certainly claim they do" at first, so what you actually meant to say was probably lost in translation.

baroque

Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:31 am

Quoting Aloges (Reply 19):
Having read this another time, I'm not quite sure I got you right on the first. Did you mean "you'll surely agree that supporters of the DP don't necessarily disrespect others"? I read it as "you'll certainly claim they do" at first, so what you actually meant to say was probably lost in translation.

Hmm, perhaps we need to pass this over to the grammar thread. I can see what both of you thought it meant. This probably suggests that the sentence structure could be improved.

halls120

Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:21 am

Quoting SlamClick (Reply 4):
None.

I'd be honored if I could bring an end to some lives out there but I would feel no celebration in order.

As someone said when the Lincoln conspirators were executed: "We want to know their names no more."

I wish that people could get that today.

Well said by both.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

ME AVN FAN

Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:04 am

people who were rejoicing/dancing had no class.

THIS here is from the WEBsite of "Fox" : """ the hanging of Saddam Hussein � an execution the president called a milestone on Iraq's road to democracy ""
-
AND that in my view IS "rejoicing" !
------------------------------------------------------------------

Quoting Queso (Reply 17):
who were rejoicing/dancing had no class.
-
Very good post, right to the point and completely accurate.

-
sure! accurately describing the president of the USA
-

deltagator

Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:18 am

Quoting Aloges (Reply 19):

My grammar was probably lacking in that sentence. ANCFlyer puts it into better English than I was capable of doing with his response I've quoted below.

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 18):
I see you point - but I think you mistook the fact people were glad Saddam's finally met his maker (whomever that might be), with their lack of respect for human rights. Clearly an oversight on your part.

You make a mockery of their lives under his dictatorship with your questioning of their rejoicing.

That's some logic that I don't quite agree with. But I guess your opinion is that once you've been the victim of inhumane crimes, you have the right to resort to the same as a form of vengeance?

My opinion is that now that Saddam is dead and there is no chance of return (however slim it was it still existed) the Iraqis that were persecuted under his dictatorship can rejoice and try to get some of their lives back knowing he will not be able to commit any more crimes. Again, you and I are not in their shoes and have had family members murdered by him so we'll never understand.

I think that if someone close to me was murdered I would do everything in my power and within the law to see them executed. Call it barbaric, call it vengeful, call it whatever the Hell you want but I'll call it just punishment for their crimes.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

Queso

Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:19 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 22):
sure! accurately describing the president of the USA

Were you trying to make some kind of point? Until you can supply some kind of proof that he was dancing and rejoicing, you are reading something into the situation that is NOT there.

an execution the president called a milestone on Iraq's road to democracy ""

A milestone, a marker, a piece of history.....

It is quite fortunate that your view of "rejoicing" is the exception.

Rj111

Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:30 am

I wouldn't dance on anyone's grave. That's very low if you ask me.

ME AVN FAN

Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:30 am

Quoting Queso (Reply 24):
kind of proof that he was dancing and rejoicing

I never said he was dancing, but that he IS rejoicing is hearable and visible on the media. The way he spoke about that "milestone on the road to democracy" and HOW he said it to me clearly IS rejoicing .
-

Quoting Queso (Reply 24):
A milestone, a marker, a piece of history.....

a piece of history most certainly, but NOT a milestone for anything.
-

AirframeAS

Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:37 am

On Whose Graves Will You Dance?

You're kidding, me..........................right??
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

express1

Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:24 am

why have a court case in the first place,everyone knew it was him,so why didn't;t anyone shoot the shit while he was down that hole he was hiding in!!!!

having a court case was a utter waste of tax payers money and a total waste of time,as he lied all the way through the case.

dave
David.S cavanagh since 1961,if you can do better,then show me.

deltagator

Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:21 am

Quoting Express1 (Reply 28):

why have a court case in the first place,everyone knew it was him,so why didn't;t anyone shoot the shit while he was down that hole he was hiding in!!!!

Because we are above that and wanted to present him for a trial. We all knew the outcome of the trial before it started but it proves that we are not a bunch of savages unlike Saddam.

I also imagine he was cowering like a little scared bitch in that hole when he was found. Had he held a weapon or made any suspicious move they would have taken him out right then.

kmh1956

Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:03 am

whose graves would you dance on

Not a soul's. No matter how much of a bastard someone was in life, that ground they are buried in is sanctified. I would never dance on someone's grave.
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

aloges

Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:34 am

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 27):
You're kidding, me..........................right??

I wish I was. Read through "Saddam Is Dead" parts one and two to understand why I'm asking.

AirframeAS

Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:39 pm

Quoting Aloges (Reply 31):

Forgive me for saying.....but yer sick!  vomit   redflag 
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

tbar220

Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:35 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 18):
These scum have summarily forfeited their rights as a human based on their treatment of thousands of victims.

Aren't human rights universal? Aren't they granted to anybody who is born? A human being in the flesh recieves the same rights as anybody else, criminal or not. The law in this country and international law says so.
NO URLS in signature

turbo7x7

Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:10 pm

Well, as long as you can accept an enemy of yours dancing on YOUR OWN GRAVE, then I guess it's okay to imagine doing the same to someone you hate.

n229nw

Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:29 pm

I would like to invite you all to dance on my grave when I die (one day in the very distant future I certainly hope.) Have a big party and enjoy yourselves! However, no one shall be drinking mountain dew on my grave. It is just gross, and therefore utterly disrespectful...  vomit 

Oh yeah, happy new year everyone!
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!

baroque

Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:56 pm

Quoting Tbar220 (Reply 33):
Aren't human rights universal? Aren't they granted to anybody who is born? A human being in the flesh recieves the same rights as anybody else, criminal or not. The law in this country and international law says so.

checkmark  Of course you are 100% correct. The interesting thing is why some continue to assert that some have forfeited human rights. Is it a lack of being able to express strong feelings without resort to a contradiction of something that is stated pretty clearly? So we can see what, and we can agree that the person is not at all pleasant, but why such palpably inappropriate denial of an important concept?

aloges

Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:59 pm

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 32):
Forgive me for saying.....but yer sick!

You didn't get the point at all, did you?

That's what I mean.

rammstein

Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:44 am

Fred Phelps.

Filler Filler Filler.
He who wishes to be rich in a day will be hanged in a day. --Leonardo Da Vinci

cedars747

Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:48 am

Good answear ANCFlyer,know you sound like a Moderator  Wink
Alex!!
Tengo una pasion por la aviacion /لدي شغف للطيران / I have a passion for aviation /Jeg har en lidenskap for luftfart/ J'ai une passion pour l'aviation.

L-188

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:11 am

I take it then you never participated in the pee on Soapy Smith's grave tradition?
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

ANCFlyer

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:37 am

Quoting Baroque (Reply 36):

Of course you are 100% correct. The interesting thing is why some continue to assert that some have forfeited human rights. Is it a lack of being able to express strong feelings without resort to a contradiction of something that is stated pretty clearly?

I'll get a two-fer here with Baroque and TBar.

Yes, TBar, everyone is born with basic Human Rights. No question. Saddam was as well. He then proceeded to strip those he came in contact with - that didn't tow his party line - of theirs.

Baroque, asserting Saddam and others, have forfeited their human rights is my opinion. Just like asserting they have not is yours.

I thought my "strong feelings" were quite adequately expressed when I smiled as Saddam swung. He got his just reward. I do rather wish he could have sat through the remaining trials he's facing . . .

I know nothing would ever justify such a punishment in your eyes - and the eyes of others here . . . fine by me. It certainly isn't going to keep me up nights.

Quoting L-188 (Reply 40):
I take it then you never participated in the pee on Soapy Smith's grave tradition?

Nope, never did . . .

767Lover

Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:25 pm

I would NOT dance on their graves, but here are a few worthless pieces of crap that are using up valuable oxygen in our prison system:

Russell Henderson and Aaron McKinney: Killed gay man Matt Shepard in Wyoming. Henderson avoided the death penalty in a plea deal to testify against McKinney; Shepard's parents requested McKinney's life be spared.

Lawrence Russel Brewer, John William King, and Shawn Allen Berry: Dragged an African American man, James Byrd, behind a vehicle, killing him, in Texas. Berry was the only one of the three to not get a death sentence.

Ironically, both of these horrific hate crimes were committed in 1998.

miamix707

Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:18 am

THIS here is from the WEBsite of "Fox" : """ the hanging of Saddam Hussein � an execution the president called a milestone on Iraq's road to democracy ""
-

You are trying to excuse a barbaric custom, and you don't succeed because, with all due respect, your argument is lame. The only thing that does is expose your bias even more.

It wasn't Bush who was DANCING AROUND a human that had been excecuted. Celebrating this way, hitting a body with shoes etc, are pretty medieval and barbaric arab customs. Now if instead of making an excuse you had said: a moderate, modern arab like myself would never do such a thing! ..that would've been a lot better.

ME AVN FAN

Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:43 pm

Quoting MIAMIx707 (Reply 43):
Celebrating this way, hitting a body with shoes etc, are pretty medieval and barbaric arab customs.

-
to put it simply, such things are NOT "customs" .
-
And what I found bad was how triumphant GWB is about this execution. An execution is a punishment for "mis-deeds" but an execution is NOT a "milestone". This is NOT 'bias', it is reality. And while he was NOT physically "kicking" he was verbally doing so.
-

miamix707

Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:43 pm

ME AV, I also agree it's debatable whether it's a "milestone" or not, but either way it's historically significant. The important thing is that 4 years ago nobody could have thought Saddam would be sentenced for all his crimes in Iraq AND hanged; almost ironic.

By the way, I just read the first post of this thread again, what a question..  sarcastic 

ME AVN FAN

Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:03 pm

Quoting MIAMIx707 (Reply 45):
the first post of this thread again, what a question..

-
a strange question, as not even that bunch of executioners would VIRTUALLY do so. And in case of an Arab country, it was clear that he WAS TO GET a real normal burial. To cremate and deposit somehow, as it was done in Nuernberg was out of the question.
-

Quoting MIAMIx707 (Reply 45):
nobody could have thought Saddam would be sentenced for all his crimes in Iraq AND hanged;

-
I for many years expected him to be toppled in a coup-d-etat and he being hanged or shot. NO, it was the famous Sword-of-Damocles over his head.
-

DAL767400ER

Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:13 pm

Only one person, namely that bAstard who screwed my family's business out of €150.000 and as such has made our life hell since then. And to be honest, I'd probably also p!ss on his grave as well. Yes, sounds radical and/or primitive, but that's what I would do. That guy has created too much hate in me. Though I won't be the one to put him in that grave, because that SOB is not worth going to jail for for homicide.

HKA

Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:40 am

I don't know if I would trust your media, they can show whatever they want to prove a point. Maybe the clip of rejoicing was from something else and the media linked it to saddam' death.

And even if its true, 99.99% of the muslims didn't rejoice or dance on saddam's death.

ME AVN FAN

Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:28 pm

-
A) WHO danced around Saddam's dead body ? I have seen the video, but NOTHING like this
B) almost nobody was rejoicing/dancing . There was ONE scene, brought by CNN, which presumably is the one which was broadcast around the globe, and of which I think it was people paid by the reporters to do the "action" so that they had something for their clients . And forget the "anti-American" thing, as also European, Arab and Asian media are eager to get such stuff.
-

Quoting HKA (Reply 48):
And even if its true, 99.99% of the muslims didn't rejoice or dance on saddam's death.

true, and I was surprlsed to see how calm the Shi'ites in Iraq in reality were. Even people who had suffered under that tyrant did not feel like jubilating
-