GOTbound
Topic Author

NFL Regular Season Review,

Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:16 pm

The closing round of the season mirrored the season so far this year. DEN loosing in OT home against SF and misses play off, I liked that. Also I'm impressed by J-E-T-S finish 10-6 and coming in to the wildcard game with a 3 game wining streak, in the wild card game they face NEP (12-4) on Gillete Stadium, interesting matchup! IN the other AFC wild card game KC (9-7) travels to IND (12-4), also interesting matchup. Superchargers finishes with a 10 game winging streak, that's good, they will probably represent AFC in MIA, but do not forget about BAL (13-3) or NEP (12-4).
AFC:
SD 14-2
BAL 13-3
IND 12-4
NEP 12-4
MIA 10-6
KC 9-7

In NFC, the weaker division, we saw CHI (13-3) loosing to DET (3-13), a win that took DET from last spot to second last spot, loosing the no 1 pick to OAK (2-14). PHL (10-6) finished with a 5 game wining streak, and the hyped up DAL (9-7) finished with a 2 game losing streak! NYG (8-8) escaped with go for the wildcard game, that makes it 3 teams from NFC East, that's embarrassing from the other NFC Divisions. NO (10-6) getting the second first round bye in NFC, that's a score that would barely take them to the wildcard round in AFC. In NFC I say go for PHL (10-6), with NO (10-6) and CHI (13-3) as contenders.

NFC:
CHI 13-3
NO 10-6
PHL 10-6
SEA 9-7
DAL 9-7
NYG 9-7

We will see some interesting wildcard games containing long time rivalry, AFC East NYJ @NEP, NFC East, NYG @PHL, the other two games, KFC @IND and DAL @SEA.

EK

piercey

RE: NFL Regular Season Review,

Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:25 pm

Quoting GOTbound (Thread starter):
DEN loosing in OT home against SF and misses play off

Yay! hey, Walker, shut up, sit down, and stop b!tch!ng about trades.

In NFC, the weaker division, we saw CHI (13-3) loosing to DET (3-13)

uhh.... Chicago lost to GB, Detroit beat Dallas.

Either way, NE, KC, PHL, and SEA move on to the next round.
Well I believe it all is coming to an end. Oh well, I guess we are gonna pretend.

GQfluffy

Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:41 pm

Miami sucked...again...  sigh  ... at least they whopped up on Chicago and New England. Big grin Here's to next year...  pray   goodvibes   crossfingers 
This isn't where I parked my car...

piercey

Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:46 pm

Quoting GQfluffy (Reply 2):
again...

Hey, @ least you have Joey Harrington (wow, who knew I'd say that in a good way?)

Quoting GQfluffy (Reply 2):
at least they whopped up on Chicago

and won me $40!  Smile

Either way, Green Bay wins NFC North next year, calling it right now.
Well I believe it all is coming to an end. Oh well, I guess we are gonna pretend.

GOTbound
Topic Author

Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:29 pm

Quote:
uhh.... Chicago lost to GB, Detroit beat Dallas.

My bad, ofcourse I knew that CHI lossed to GB, I guess I can blame New Years Eve for that  .

EK

[Edited 2007-01-01 12:29:32]

nkops

Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:10 pm

Quoting Piercey (Reply 3):

And SF wins the West!!!!
:evil:

KaiGywer
Crew

Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:18 pm

Quoting Piercey (Reply 3):

rotfl 

Yeah,it'll be a race between the Minnesota Vikings and the Green Bay Packers....right  Wink

We'll be fighting for 4th place again  Smile
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

Falcon84

Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:30 am

Biggest dissapointments had to be the Steelers, Bengels Panthers and Broncos, although with the Broncos, football was put in perspective with the tragic death of Darrent Williams.

As for our local spin, as usual the Browns go in with so many holes, and so many questions. A mediocre team was absolutely devistated by injuries-16 guys on the IR list by years' end, and they could only dress 47 players for the last game.

Romeo Crennel may not have a job; Brady Quinn has said he wants to play for the Browns-although I'm against getting a QB till the OL is fixed.

Another season on the outside looking in.....
Work Right, Fly Hard

fxramper

Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:45 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 7):
Romeo Crennel may not have a job;

His good ole coaching buddy Herm Edwards gave him that win that might have saved his job...Herm got a present himself with the playoff berth.

I was pleasantly surprised with the positive seasons my two teams had - Titans and the Texans. Can't wait for the playoffs to start!

Traindriver

Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:02 am

Falcon, I'd add the Jaguars to that list of disappointing teams. They
played some games where they looked like the best team in the NFL,
and others where they looked like the worst. How do you lose two games
to Houston?

So sad to read about Darrent Williams, my condolences to his family
and the Bronco organization.

AirCop

Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:43 am

Well how about this the Arizona Cardinals had the best division record (4-2) yet finsihed last..Only the Cardinals.

Thats really sad news out of Denver, what a waste of a life.

KaiGywer
Crew

Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:23 am

Quoting AirCop (Reply 10):
Thats really sad news out of Denver, what a waste of a life.

Definately. Hope the shitheads get caught
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

LTU932

Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:41 am

I've been most disappointed with the Steelers. First they win the Superbowl, and now they botch this season. Anyway, I guess the best team this regular season has to be San Diego. I'm putting my money on them winning Superbowl XLI.

I'm sad to hear about Darrent Williams getting shot this morning. I hope the bastards responsible for his death will be cought and locked up.

My deepest condolences to his family and to the Denver Broncos for the loss. May he rest in peace.

piercey

Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:38 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 7):
Brady Quinn has said he wants to play for the Browns

No! (shoves Quinn out of the way of speeding bullet)

CLE is death for young QBs (but life for vets, who knew?)

fxramper

Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:49 am

Fox Sports reported,

Jim Mora Jr fired as Falcons head coach

Dennis Green fired as Cardinals head coach

So sad...

Anyone else gonna get the axe?

L-188

Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:55 am

Seattle made the Playoffs despite some long injuries in key positions.

I was really disapointed they lost to both SF and Arizona, both of which should be considered minor league teams.

Hopefully the TB win will get them motivated for the playoffs. At least they are taking on Dallas at home.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

AirCop

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:12 am

Quoting FXramper (Reply 14):

Everyone knew this was going to happen when the Cardinals open the season at 1-4. Of course his performance after the Chicago game didn't help either.

GuitrThree

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:18 am

First off,
what a sad way to end the season with Darrent Williams. I just have to wonder, if Denver won last night, would he be alive today, instead of out "Celebrating" the end of the season?

That being said, my Titans absolutely blew the record setting chance of the first team ever starting 0-5 and making it to the playoffs. Going into yesterday, the Jaguars had to lose, and they did. The Bengals had to lose, and they did, in OT. Finally, the Broncos had to lose, and they did also in OT. All that had to happen was the Titans to beat the Patriots in a game that really didn't matter to the Patriots, but they didn't pull out the win, which would have been their 7th straight.

On to next year, WAY under the salary cap, and they need to go WR shopping BAD.

Look out for the Titans next year. I'll now be spending the next 6 months hoping for a Stanley Cup visit to Music City with the Predators!
As Seen On FlightRadar24! Radar ==> F-KBNA5

Falcon84

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:36 am

Quoting Piercey (Reply 13):
CLE is death for young QBs (but life for vets, who knew?)

Which is why you build the line, then see if Fry or Anderson can do the job, and if not, THEN go after a QB in the '08 draft.
Work Right, Fly Hard

srbmod

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:54 am

Looks like Daddy Mora was correct when he referred to Vick as a "coach killer", especially since this is coach #2.

The problem wasn't the coach, it's Mike Vick. Watch the Falcons fail to re-sign Schaub, and he ends up the starter on another club and haunts us (Case in point, Brett Favre.). The Mike Vick Experiment needs to be ended. We could easily get a few first rounders for him.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Dennis Green is the next head coach of the Falcons.

halls120

Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:03 am

Quoting Nkops (Reply 5):
Quoting Piercey (Reply 3):Either way, Green Bay wins NFC North next year, calling it right now.
And SF wins the West!!!!

Beat me to it. I loved how the 49'ers stuck it to Denver yesterday. They played with heart in a game that meant nothing to them.

Quoting Srbmod (Reply 19):
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Dennis Green is the next head coach of the Falcons.

The Falcons can't be that stupid, can they?
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

fxramper

Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:41 am

Quoting AirCop (Reply 16):
Everyone knew this was going to happen when the Cardinals open the season at 1-4. Of course his performance after the Chicago game didn't help either.

Would love to see Pete Carrol coach Leinhart again.

The problem wasn't the coach, it's Mike Vick

checkmark 

halls120

Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:57 am

Quoting FXramper (Reply 21):
Quoting AirCop (Reply 16):

Pete Carroll would be insane to leave USC for the Arizona Cardinals. He writes his own ticket there, and I can't believe AD Mike Garrett and the SC alumni would get outbid by the Cardinals.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

fxramper

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:00 am

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 22):
Pete Carroll would be insane to leave USC for the Arizona Cardinals. He writes his own ticket there, and I can't believe AD Mike Garrett and the SC alumni would get outbid by the Cardinals.

Insane? Okay, lets keep coaching a college team and never give another go at the NFL.

AD Mike Garrett and the SC alumni would get outbid by the Cardinals.

I've only seen it happen about 30 times in my 25 years.  yes   bouncy 

srbmod

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:05 am

Everyone has a price. Why do you think Bama is trying to throw all that money at Nick Saban to get him to leave the Dolphins?

fxramper

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:24 am

Quoting Srbmod (Reply 24):
Everyone has a price. Why do you think Bama is trying to throw all that money at Nick Saban to get him to leave the Dolphins?

checkmark   dollarsign   checkmark   dollarsign 

halls120

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:38 am

Quoting FXramper (Reply 23):
Quoting Halls120 (Reply 22):Pete Carroll would be insane to leave USC for the Arizona Cardinals. He writes his own ticket there, and I can't believe AD Mike Garrett and the SC alumni would get outbid by the Cardinals.
Insane? Okay, lets keep coaching a college team and never give another go at the NFL.

Maybe at some point Pete Carroll will want to give the NFL another shot. But next year, he's got a team that will be ranked in the top 5 preseason, if not #1. You really think he's going to walk away from that?

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 22):Pete Carroll would be insane to leave USC for the Arizona Cardinals. He writes his own ticket there, and I can't believe AD Mike Garrett and the SC alumni would get outbid by the Cardinals.

I think it is much more likely that Nick Saban leaves the NFL for college next year than Pete Carroll leaving college for the NFL. No spoiled millionaires to deal with at the college level/ Among the players, at least.  Wink

piercey

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:26 am

Atlanta proves they don't know what they're doing. Vick should be gone, not Mora. He'll get another head coaching job in the NFL.

No surprise. Green can't coach. Bring in Mora.

Coughlin is gone if he doesn't win this week. Cowher and Gibbs will both retire. Crennel, Shell, and Gruden are up in the air.

The problem wasn't the coach, it's Mike Vick. Watch the Falcons fail to re-sign Schaub, and he ends up the starter on another club and haunts us (Case in point, Brett Favre.)

checkmark 

The Mike Vick Experiment needs to be ended.

checkmark 

We could easily get a few first rounders for him.

Send him to Oakland  stirthepot 

You'd be seeing the end of a franchise if that happened.

Quoting FXramper (Reply 21):

Not happening. He had a shot, he couldn't do it. It takes a certain type of coach for college (kids-->men) and the pros (contain egos)

halls120

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:30 am

Quoting Piercey (Reply 27):

Coughlin is gone if he doesn't win this week. Cowher and Gibbs will both retire. Crennel, Shell, and Gruden are up in the air.

I doubt Gibbs will walk away after a 5-11 season. One more dismal year, the Danny will show him the door.

Gunships

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:36 am

Why do you think Bama is trying to throw all that money at Nick Saban to get him to leave the Dolphins?

As a Dolphins fan, can I contribute to the cause?

fxramper

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:51 am

Quoting Piercey (Reply 27):
No surprise. Green can't coach. Bring in Mora.

Excellent thought. I like it!  checkmark 

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 28):
I doubt Gibbs will walk away after a 5-11 season

Agreed.  checkmark 

Actually, I'd give Gibbs a few more years if he wanted. He's earned it and Dan would agree I'm thinking.  yes 

FlyDeltaJets87

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:26 am

NYG 9-7

Moot point, but the Giants finished the season 8-8, not 9-7.
Even though I am a Giants fan, seeing them get past the 1st round against PHL would be a huge shocker.

Sucks that in the AFC, the Special Teams (particularly, the field goal unit) on the Bengals managed to blow two games in a row. A win in either game would have put the Bengals in the Playoffs (All the cards fell into place on Sunday, except for the Bengals winning  mad  ). Instead, they finished the season 8-8.
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

GQfluffy

Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:03 pm

Quoting Gunships (Reply 29):

I'd like to give him one more year. That way he'll (hopefully...  crossfingers   grumpy  ) get Culpepper up to snuff on the offense, and he'll have Ricky I'm not a pot-smoker Williams back. Now whether or not the defense will hold together one more year is beyond me...  pessimist  I guess we'll all know by 10:00 ET tomorrow...
This isn't where I parked my car...

graphic

Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:04 pm

In all fairness to Denver (and I'm a diehard fan) they didn't deserve a playoff spot the way they've played over the season, but the refs at the game on sunday really f*cked up in the 4th quarter, they didn't blow whistles when whistles needed to be blown, and they ruled a fumble recovery that happened AFTER the whistle was blown (players and THE FRIGGIN UMPIRE helping people up).

The season was lost, but Cutler has led some impressive 90+ yard drives during his time on the field, I have some good feelings about next season.

And I think it goes without saying R.I.P. Darrent Williams. He was doing so well, and had the privelage of learning the position with the greatest Defensive player in the NFL today. Such a waste, and such a fucking stupid act.
Demand Media fails at life