Boeinglover24
Topic Author

Desperately Need Help A.net!?!

Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:42 pm

ok so here's our situation

Four months ago my parents move out of their old house and decided to rent it out, yesterday morning the leasers moved out because we kicked them out owing us $2,500 dollars. Here's how it went down Saturday afternoon my mom told me to come down to come with them to the old house (her and my sister) a good hour's drive from my apartment, I dismissed it saying it was unnecessary and thinking what's the worse that can happen and I met the leasers thinking they're generally ok people pigs not thugs and I just said I'll see how the day goes (not planning on going at all). My dad the asshole that he is thinks he got better things to do than try and you know make my mom feel secure decided he got better things to do 'angrily'. Ok, so that night I got a call from my sister crying telling me how it went. Apparently they met them at the parking lot (the leasers) so my mom got off and talk to the head bitch (the whore who pays the rent) and gave her the keys to the house (not sure if it was all of them). Ok so when my mom asked for the rent she goes she didn't have it and she'll sign whatever. This has been going on for a couple of months and tired of it my mom kinda raised her voice my sister told her to calm down, then her idiot son popped out and started cussing at them (english is not the first language for both of them so this probably was a one sided affair). This exchange went on for a minute or two and they began to drive away saying meet her lawyer (she can't even afford her rent much more a lawyer that bitch crack me up). My sister kinda frustrated kinda hit the car with her purse (no damage to the car), they stopped and the gay ass sissy son got off and threatened to hurt them. When he got closse my mom reached for her cell and yelled out he's calling 911 he walked back toward his car. So after I heard this we (my sister's bf and I) was about to borrow a gun and stop at walmart for some lighter fluid, fortunately we calmed down when we reached the house. and someone say we can go about this legally...

And ah the following day we went to the house and it was a complete mess, dog shit on my room apparently they used it as their dog's room and they let them shit everywhere and didn't even bother picking it up (I almost threw up). Son's room was a mess beer bottles everywhere )he's 17, and obviously they just moved and didn't even bother to clean up.

I guess how do we get the money that we are owed (I don't care much about the money as I do them trying to figure out the way to pay it)? How do small claims court work? Lawyer?

Here's what we are suing for three months of rent, water bill, and maybe carpet cleaning?

and here's what we got.

the term's of lease agreement signed by her and my mom with empty starting and ending months, but it says $15,000 something on the amount 1,300 every month clearly, but my mom kinda wrote over the copy and she said the renter signed it after the writing over it part and she did so with the same pen you know those ones that writes on bold. and the bitch has a copy and one realtor too

a handwritten note with both of them's signatures saying that she owes 2,600 dollars

a bounced check

if this counts the renter looks like a complete whore, tattoos everywhere, noserings and stuff. and my mom is just your typical little old lady (and i bet everyone she meets will say she is a good honest person).

And i'm sure the bitch has some really bad credit history and other stuff.
Uhhh What?

AeroWesty

RE: Desperately Need Help A.net!?!

Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:50 pm

Quoting Boeinglover24 (Thread starter):
a bounced check

Take the bounced check to the district attorney's office, and go from there.

The cost of hiring a lawyer to try and recover anything from obviously dodgy paperwork would probably cost more in expenses and headache than just cleaning the place up and renting it out right the next time.
International Homo of Mystery

PlymSpotter

Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:51 pm

if this counts the renter looks like a complete whore, tattoos everywhere, noserings and stuff.

Sorry to pick out just one point, but no I'm afraid that doesn't count actually  Yeah sure Judging by appearances like that is silly and naive, I have many perfectly decent friends who are covered in tattoos, have multiple piercings etc... and believe me they get fed up of being branded like you just did.

I do though hope that you get your rent back, certainly here in the UK the process is to go through the small claims court, so good luck in retrieving your money.

Dan Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

jafa39

Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:57 pm

Sell the house, there is probably a heap of people ahead of you in the queue to claim back money from these people.

If you don't have your own private security force and the house isn't in a "good" neighbourhood where you can get high rents and have an agency handle it...don't do the rental thing.

If you do, make sure you get references and credit checks, plus, meet the people, would your mom have rented to this "whore" if she'd have met her?

Renting houses requires you to be highly discriminatory, anally retentive about pre-checks and a hard bastard to boot.

Sell it, invest the money and forget this experience, there are too many of these scenarios happening every day.
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

kmh1956

Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:58 pm

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 1):

The cost of hiring a lawyer to try and recover anything from obviously dodgy paperwork would probably cost more in expenses and headache than just cleaning the place up and renting it out right the next time.

Westy's probably right. If the original paperwork was a bit off, there's probably not a lot you can do. Get the place cleaned up (or do it yourselves), get a standard lease form to use for your next renters (it maybe worth the expense of a lawyer to draw one up for you) and do a background check on your next tenants. Ensure that the new lease isn't written all over, do an inventory before they move in...basically cover your asses next time.
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

Boeinglover24
Topic Author

Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:00 pm

Quoting PlymSpotter (Reply 2):

Sorry to pick out just one point, but no I'm afraid that doesn't count actually Yeah sure Judging by appearances like that is silly and naive, I have many perfectly decent friends who are covered in tattoos, have multiple piercings etc... and believe me they get fed up of being branded like you just did.

I do though hope that you get your rent back, certainly here in the UK the process is to go through the small claims court, so good luck in retrieving your money.

Dan Smile

Well sorry for that, i have a couple of friends that do so, and uh I guess I just needed to get out a shot or two...
Uhhh What?

Boeinglover24
Topic Author

Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:04 pm

Quoting Kmh1956 (Reply 4):
Westy's probably right. If the original paperwork was a bit off, there's probably not a lot you can do. Get the place cleaned up (or do it yourselves), get a standard lease form to use for your next renters (it maybe worth the expense of a lawyer to draw one up for you) and do a background check on your next tenants. Ensure that the new lease isn't written all over, do an inventory before they move in...basically cover your asses next time.

My realtor (the person who sold us our new house not at all involved in this transaction) and the renter has a copy that doesn't have stuff written over it....I guess what I'm concerned about is the from and til months.
Uhhh What?

Boeinglover24
Topic Author

Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:07 pm

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 3):
Sell the house, there is probably a heap of people ahead of you in the queue to claim back money from these people.

If you don't have your own private security force and the house isn't in a "good" neighbourhood where you can get high rents and have an agency handle it...don't do the rental thing.

If you do, make sure you get references and credit checks, plus, meet the people, would your mom have rented to this "whore" if she'd have met her?

Renting houses requires you to be highly discriminatory, anally retentive about pre-checks and a hard bastard to boot.

Sell it, invest the money and forget this experience, there are too many of these scenarios happening every day.

I told my mom to just sell it but she figures she can finish the mortage knowing she only needs a year to do so.....and my mom really did messed up on this on really really did.....
Uhhh What?

halls120

Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:11 pm

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 1):
Quoting Boeinglover24 (Thread starter):a bounced check

Agree, with one additional suggestion. If you have a signed document from the former renter that acknowledges she owes you money, your mom should send the former renter a demand letter asking for the amount owed, and the clean up costs. After 30 or 60 days - depending on your locale, file an action in small claims court. You don't need a lawyer, there is a nominal filing fee, and if the respondent doesn't show up in court, you get a default judgment.

You might not be able to collect initially, but a unsatisfied judgment will make it difficult for the other party to rent other places in the future.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

AeroWesty

Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:11 pm

Quoting Boeinglover24 (Reply 6):

My realtor (the person who sold us our new house not at all involved in this transaction) and the renter has a copy that doesn't have stuff written over it....I guess what I'm concerned about is the from and til months.

If you sue, you have to produce your documents. That's where the dodginess of it all will be revealed. You need to have a clear-cut case one way or the other.

The lady I used to rent a house from was an incredibly bad landlord. She had two nice homes, and then a bunch of crap. The crap houses she rented to less than qualified individuals, demanded large deposits upfront, and then kicked them out rather quickly, keeping the deposit, I later found out.

She was so used to dealing with deadbeats, when I ended my lease, she never even bothered to send my deposit back. Ooops, state law allows for 2x damages if the deposit or a statement of damages isn't produced within 30 days. Guess what I collected?  Big grin

S12PPL

Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:05 pm

Welcome to the world of managing rentals!

My dad has several himself, and manages my Aunt's for her(She lives in Berkeley, CA). There are some real winners out there. People are all generally on HUD assistance that are renters, so they don't have to fork out a whole lot every month. And the process of evicting is a pain in the ass for the land lord. At least in Oregon it is.

Two recent renters of my aunt's places were so bad, I almost puked when we went in. Bot had to have the carpets completely replaced. Their dogs were filthy, and trashed the walls, etc. We had to completely re-paint two houses inside because the walls were such a disaster. One renter let her kids just go to down on the walls with markers in their room. The smell was god aweful.

Of course you can go after these people. And if they're on HUD assistance, you can report them, and it will be revoked. But are you ever going to get your expenses re-captured? Sometimes yes. Sometimes no. Sometimes not for a very long time. You can do all sorts of things. Some of these people are dumb enough to use you as a reference at the next place they rent from.

One of my Aunt's tennants right now is awesome. He weeds out all the whack jobs for my dad when he's screening them. He'll make their life a living hell if they're pigs, and trash the place. One guy in the neighborhood was a registered sex offender, and he's got I think a teenage son, and two daughters. He made his life a living hell so much so, that he moved out. He's reported to my dad that tennants were doin drugs, or selling out of the house, etc. The trick, and hard part, is finding good renters. And it can be very hard to do. I don't know if I ever want to get any...Some people are just horrible in how they treat their place of residence.
Next Flights: 12/31 AS804 PDX-MCO 2/3 AS19 MCO-SEA QX2545 SEA-PDX

AeroWesty

Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:45 pm

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 10):
People are all generally on HUD assistance that are renters

Ridiculous.

KiwiTEAL

Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:03 pm

This sort of thing goes on in Aussie all the time - simply because the "leasor", wants to do it all on their own, and not go through a "realtor", and pay a nominal sum to ensure its done properly.

If your rental home is trashed by a tenant when its "managed" by a liscensed realtor...... "you" have a come-back on them, if they have not managed your property to the best of their "so-called" qualifications.

In this day and age, the average individual has "NO" rights due to our "do-gooder" governments/councils/municipalities etc:

For the pain of a realtor's managing fee (which also means you can increase the rental to cover fees etc) - it's worth it to know that even if your home is trashed, you will have a more likely chance of some form of compensation - and probably insurance also.

Sorry it happened to your family though..............  Sad

Good Luck,

John
KiwiTEAL

CastleIsland

Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:40 pm

How freaking eloquent. Been renting since 1985. Never a penny of assistance. Try buying in this market. Check yer facts. In BOS, some people rent their whole lives having worked a good paying job, but unable to crack the market dominated by people who have already made a killing with rental properties.
"People don't do what they believe in, they just do what's most convenient, then they repent." - Dylan

KiwiTEAL

Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:57 pm

Quoting CastleIsland (Reply 13):
some people rent their whole lives having worked a good paying job, but unable to crack the market dominated by people who have already made a killing with rental properties.

Totally agree CastleIsland........... I have rented in Sydney, Australia for the last 19 years, and even though I am married and am heading towards 50, I know damn well that if i want to remain close to my business and my clients, I have to live in the "big smoke", and being a 'sole trader' - I simply cannot afford to buy my own place where I "prefer" to live.

To buy a place in Sydney means I would have to move almost 40 miles out of the city. There is certainly a difference in the types of people who "rent" - and I'm sure you and I share that situation.

4pm on New Years Eve, all the toilets blocked up on our side of the apartment block. I mobilised a team of 7 different tennants to get stuck in and start the clean-up with me, before the emergency plumber arrived. We all got working, and the ladies bought down beers and champagne............. Jeez, we had a party shovelling shit!!!!!!! it really was fun (other than the smell!). We got it done, and as a result we have met about four new couples!!!! What more could you ask for?

John

Queso

Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:55 pm

My sister kinda frustrated kinda hit the car with her purse (no damage to the car), they stopped and the gay ass sissy son got off and threatened to hurt them. When he got closse my mom reached for her cell and yelled out he's calling 911 he walked back toward his car. So after I heard this we (my sister's bf and I) was about to borrow a gun and stop at walmart for some lighter fluid

I'm going to approach this from a different angle. You need to be very careful what you say in public forums such as this. If anything were to happen to these people, you could be looked upon as (at the very least) a suspect because of this small part of your statement. And because of the way you said it, any charges could be upgraded to "hate crime" status.

Your family made several mistakes along the way, but that's what life's all about. Just do the right thing from here on out, make the best of it and follow any legal recourse you have.

Renting a house is just a business, like any other, and whatever emotional attachment you or your family might have with the house needs to be broken or it will never work out. Take a big enough deposit to account for damages and insist on frequent inspections of the property so the situation doesn't get out of control. Insure the property correctly to cover losses. Yes, it cuts into the profit, but loss of the investment in the property cuts it even more!

Engage a reputable attorney and even if you sue them and they don't have any money you can get, at least you can get a judgement against them. Funny how things work out as life goes on, someday you might see them on the front page of the local newspaper after they win the lottery, then you can get the judgement plus interest.

miamiair

Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:55 pm

People are all generally on HUD assistance that are renters, so they don't have to fork out a whole lot every month.

What have you been smoking?

As for the rest of the problem, Queso posts some good advice. Your best bet should be Small Claims Court.
Molon Labe - Proud member of SMASH

KaiGywer
Crew

Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:12 am

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 3):

Definately. Some people I know rented out their farm while they lived away for a year. The first renters were shitheads who decided to attempt to cook meth in the basement. Luckily (for my friends) they got a call from the sheriff about an attempted murder that happened out there, and when the deputies got there, they found all the meth ingredients in the basement, but luckily not started yet. Decided not to rent out after that and just let the house sit there empty instead.
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

IFEMaster

Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:06 am

A similar thing happened to some friends of mine. They rented out their house, it got trashed and the renters left owing about $3700.

My friends filed small claims and used www.legalzoom.com to do that. It was resolved within a couple of months - all back rent plus damages for the stuff they had trashed.
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

F9Animal

Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:14 am

Serve them with a notice to vacate the premisis. Contact your housing authority and find out how the laws are in the area you live in. In some states you can give a 5 day, followed by a 3 day, followed by a constable yanking them out.
I Am A Different Animal!!

S12PPL

Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:27 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 11):
Ridiculous.

Is it? Most of the renters in my dad's/Aunt's places are on HUD assistance.

How freaking eloquent. Been renting since 1985. Never a penny of assistance. Try buying in this market. Check yer facts. In BOS, some people rent their whole lives having worked a good paying job, but unable to crack the market dominated by people who have already made a killing with rental properties.

Ohhhhhhhh...So Boston is the model for the entire country. Do some research.

Quoting Miamiair (Reply 16):
What have you been smoking?

Nothing, thank-you.

Guys, just because YOU aren't on HUD, doesn't mean the vast majority of renters aren't.

KaiGywer
Crew

Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:36 am

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 20):
Guys, just because YOU aren't on HUD, doesn't mean the vast majority of renters aren't.

Can you please back that statement up with a credible source?
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

luv2fly

Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:44 am

Also photograph the damages, it will help in your case. Buy a disposable camera keep the receipt, develop them and keep the original envelope and also the receipt, the receipt has a date and time stamp.
You can cut the irony with a knife

S12PPL

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:23 am

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 21):
Can you please back that statement up with a credible source?

I would ask you, and them, to show me stats for the entire country that show a bunch of renters aren't on HUD assistance....

But because I know very few will try, I'll try and find out.

KaiGywer
Crew

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:38 am

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 23):
I would ask you, and them, to show me stats for the entire country that show a bunch of renters aren't on HUD assistance....

You were the first one to provide "stats", so that burden is on you  Smile

I guess it does depend on locale, as where I used to live, the majority of the renters were college students.

S12PPL

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:43 am

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 24):
You were the first one to provide "stats", so that burden is on you

No...I was the first one to give first hand knowlage, being related to a land lord/property manager/realtor...And having helped with these rentals personally. I've stated what I know. Now if people are going to call me out as a liar, they need to back up that claim.

AeroWesty

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:49 am

Is it? Most of the renters in my dad's/Aunt's places are on HUD assistance.

I don't mean to be crass, but you're in a relatively non-urban area of the state where housing is lower in cost in relation to more urban areas. The price range of the homes in that area attract what's affordable under HUD, most likely.

There are 271 units where I live now. Last I heard, only 5 units were eligible for low-income renters, which give the owners some sort of tax break for offering "low-income housing", where the renters pay 30% of their income, and the state picks up the balance. (I'm not fully versed in the details, this is what was told to me by the management when myself and a couple of neighbors had one tossed out for barking dogs.)

The deal is, though, if the HUD or Section 8 renters are bad, you have an easy way of dealing with them--turning them over to the agency who supplements their rent, complete with documentation of before and after pix, written complaints from neighbors, and your record of rent received, then get them tossed off the roles. A good place to start is with the local housing authority.

Only those who are respectful of the assistance they receive should be benefiting from taxpayer-financed housing.

Like I mentioned before, when I rented a single-family home, my landlady had a bunch of crap houses where she literally raped the tenants financially. I was in one of the two nice homes she had, where she was very picky about who rented them, because she knew they were in nice areas and realized she'd make a lot in the appreciation over the years if they were well-maintained, while having renters cover her cost of the mortgage.

Queso

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:49 am

S12PPL, be careful what you wish for.

http://www.huduser.org/periodicals/rrr/diverse.html

Excerpt:

"In 1993, 4.1 million households lived in HUD-assisted rental units in the 50 States and the District of Columbia. Subsidized households thus make up a full one-fourth of the 15.8 million U.S. rental households whose incomes make them eligible for assistance -- an indicator of the large role that HUD plays in helping low-income families obtain housing.

Of the total number of subsidized households in 1993, 28 percent lived in public housing units, 30 percent received housing vouchers or certificates, and 42 percent lived in units assisted by various private, project-based HUD rental subsidy programs. Those programs included Section 8 new construction, Section 8 substantial or moderate rehabilitation units, Section 202 elderly housing, and other programs."

KaiGywer
Crew

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:55 am

Quoting Queso (Reply 27):
Subsidized households thus make up a full one-fourth of the 15.8 million U.S. rental households

Hmm...  footinmouth 

Thanks for the link Queso!

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 25):
Now if people are going to call me out as a liar, they need to back up that claim.

Nobody called you a liar, simply asked for you to provide the proof of your asinine statement

AeroWesty

Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:16 am

Quoting Queso (Reply 27):
In 1993, 4.1 million households lived in HUD-assisted rental units in the 50 States and the District of Columbia. Subsidized households thus make up a full one-fourth of the 15.8 million U.S. rental households whose incomes make them eligible for assistance -- an indicator of the large role that HUD plays in helping low-income families obtain housing.

If I read this right, only 1/4 of those "eligible" for HUD housing receive assistance, not 1/4 of all renters, correct?

Queso

Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:21 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 29):
If I read this right, only 1/4 of those "eligible" for HUD housing receive assistance, not 1/4 of all renters, correct?

Of those households eligible, 1/4 receive HUD assistance. So that's an even smaller percentage of the overall base of those renting housing.

planespotting

Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:09 am

No...I was the first one to give first hand knowlage, being related to a land lord/property manager/realtor...And having helped with these rentals personally. I've stated what I know. Now if people are going to call me out as a liar, they need to back up that claim.

You made an incredibly broad, ignorant and offensive statement about an entire category of people based on your experience in one small area of the country and only a few actual houses. Just because your aunt and your father rent to many HUD subsidized renters does not mean that the MAJORITY OF RENTERS IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY get subsidized by HUD.

That would be like saying that the majority of all dogs in the entire country are golden retrievers because my dad has two of them.

It is best to not ever make sweeping generalizations about any certain class/category/race/whatever of people to begin with, but if you do, it might be wise to get some more evidence other than a few examples in one specific area.
Do you like movies about gladiators?

S12PPL

Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:20 am

Quoting Planespotting (Reply 31):
That would be like saying that the majority of all dogs in the entire country are golden retrievers because my dad has two of them.

Sorry, but that's an assinine statement. This area is full of HUD renters. I know of other areas that are as well.

I never accused everyone of being on HUD. I said a lot of renters are on HUD. There is a difference.

Queso

Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:28 am

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 32):

I never accused everyone of being on HUD. I said a lot of renters are on HUD.

Actually, what you said was.....

....then you jumped KaiGywer's shit when he asked you for stats to back up your assertion....

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 21):
you please back that statement up with a credible source?

When you couldn't do it, you became defensive and told him....

Then Kai tried to be conciliatory....

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 24):
I guess it does depend on locale, as where I used to live, the majority of the renters were college students.

And you jumped him again and continued to persue an argument you had no facts to back up....

And then......the argument was "put to rest" shall we say by hard statistics.

AeroWesty

Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:31 am

I never accused everyone of being on HUD. I said a lot of renters are on HUD. There is a difference.

The internet is an interesting place, isn't it?

I would ask you, and them, to show me stats for the entire country that show a bunch of renters aren't on HUD assistance.

S12, you even came out and said "the vast majority" of renters receive HUD assistance, and now are trying to weasel out once the facts have been shown to you that only 1/4 of those "eligible" receive assistance. You made outlandish claims that now in the face of evidence to the contrary, you're still trying to claim that you weren't mispoken. Unbelievable.

S12PPL

Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:34 am

Quoting Queso (Reply 33):
Actually, what you said was.....

No fricken difference. I said the same thing, just used a different word. What's your problem?

....then you jumped KaiGywer's shit when he asked you for stats to back up your assertion....

Because I am related to a person who deals with this shit on a daily basis. I'm stating facts as they are around here. I'm saying what I've heard from people I trust in other areas. You're jumping my shit now. Get off my fuckin back.

When you couldn't do it, you became defensive and told him....

Ya know...I do have a job, and work. I tried finding statistics on the HUD website when I wasn't working for my CLIENTS, who are more important to me than you.

And lastly...A lot of the low life's, such as the one's Boeing's family rented to, if they aren't on HUD, they're constantly behind in their rent. I can't count on my fingers and toes how many times my dad has had to bitch because renters are months behind in rent. So if they rent in a shitty part of town, you have to deal with that crap, too.

And before someone tries to jump my shit about what I just said, I'M NOT ACCUSING EVERYONE OF BEING BEHIND IN THEIR RENT. So don't even go there. Just because you're the perfect renter, doesn't mean everyone is. And the facts are simple: The crappier the part of town, the more likely you are to find someone who won't ever be current on their rent.

Boeinglover24
Topic Author

Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:35 am

Thanks for the help everyone....
Greatly appreciated....

We still haven't decided whether or not to sell the place because fact is that there is a major population rush in the place coming next year...i guess we can just keep it and keep paying the mortage without anyone living there...

And as for the gun and stuff, no that was a mistake on my part I really was just emotional at that time....I really wasn't planning that at all, i wanted to at that point in time but really my head cooled off..I really am not capable of those things... the truth is I don't know anyone with a gun..I may have came over there and nudged him a little bit but that was as far as I was willing to go...Imagine yourself in that situation though someone threatning to hurt your family, you feel that rush, animal insticts to just you know hurt somebody, it feels so overwhelming, you feel like you just want to rip a head off somebody. I don't give a damn about the rent but for that bastard to just threaten the people I love and being that close to laying a hand on them, it makes me angry just thinking about it.

So everyone been to this type of court, any tips? is it generally the same thing as Judge Joe Brown? And I really am interested in your experiences and more tips on how to go about this in the future..

And uh try and cool off people please....

[Edited 2007-01-03 21:38:21]

[Edited 2007-01-03 21:42:57]
Uhhh What?

vikkyvik

Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:44 am

This:

This area is full of HUD renters. I know of other areas that are as well.

sounds an awful lot like this:

In BOS, some people rent their whole lives having worked a good paying job, but unable to crack the market dominated by people who have already made a killing with rental properties.

to which you responded with this:

Ohhhhhhhh...So Boston is the model for the entire country. Do some research.

confused 

P.S. Logan - sorry to use your statement as an example
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

planespotting

Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:39 am

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 35):
Ya know...I do have a job, and work. I tried finding statistics on the HUD website when I wasn't working for my CLIENTS, who are more important to me than you.

I would hate to be one of your clients if your attitude on a-net is any indication of your professional aptitude...

you were obviously wrong and refuse to admit it. You have made no logical argument, nor even a semantical one.

I think you just like to say things...
Do you like movies about gladiators?

S12PPL

Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:36 am

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 37):
sounds an awful lot like this:

Then that's a sad statement on your ability to compare what people say. It does no such thing as compare Boston to any other area. All I did was say there are other areas I know of that are full of HUD assisted renters.

It's sad, really. You don't get it.

Quoting Planespotting (Reply 38):
I would hate to be one of your clients if your attitude on a-net is any indication of your professional aptitude...

Too bad.

Quoting Planespotting (Reply 38):
you were obviously wrong and refuse to admit it. You have made no logical argument, nor even a semantical one.

I think you just like to say things...

And with an attitude like that...Why would I ever want to work for you. You don't quite get it, and that's ok.

NIKV69

Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:36 am

Matt please. It is bad enough you made the most horrible generalazation but now you just continue to spew out things after most of them have been blown out of the water. Look, your right there are a lot of renters that are on some sort of government assistance but there are also many that are not. Being a landlord has it's ups and downs and deadbeats are part of the game. Sounds to me your like your father needs to screen his tenants a little better. I implore you to let this go. It's getting ugly to watch.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!