OU812
Topic Author

Pelosi Swears In Corrupt [Cold Cash] Democrat!

Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:08 pm

Pelosi pushed aside Jefferson due to an on going investigation. Yet, did not have a problem endorsing ethically challenged John Murtha for House Majority leader!

HHmm,
I thought the new Congress was supposed to be free of Corruption?

NOT!

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpa...news-7/1167979234225830.xml&coll=1

Pelosi takes the gavel, makes history
Initial duties include swearing in Jefferson

Pelosi swears in Jefferson

It was Pelosi who engineered Jefferson's ouster from the Ways and Means Committee last year, citing FBI affidavits that said agents had recovered $90,000 in marked money from a freezer in the congressman's home. Yet on Thursday, she was forced to swear him in for a ninth term in a one-on-one ceremony.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...le/2006/11/12/AR2006111200762.html

Pelosi Endorses Murtha as Next Majority Leader

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Murtha

The FBI videotaped Murtha as saying, "I'm not interested...at this point. [If] we do business for a while, maybe I'll be interested, maybe I won't" to $50,000 cash right after Murtha had offered to provide names of businesses and banks in his district where money could be legally invested.[10

See FBI Video with Martha!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2131539854655700584

[Edited 2007-01-06 04:16:22]

jpetekyxmd80

RE: Pelosi Swears In Corrupt [Cold Cash] Democrat!

Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:14 pm

Great thread like usual.

Not.

What is the point of this?
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

OU812
Topic Author

Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:21 pm

Quoting JpetekYXMD80 (Reply 1):
What is the point of this?

To point out that the Democratic party is not free from corruption!

jpetekyxmd80

Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:24 pm

Quoting OU812 (Reply 2):

No shit sherlock, they're politicians.

This is just another lame attempt to slander Pelosi by tying her into something completely unrelated. Good job. Is that really the best you can do?

bushpilot

Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:31 pm

Yeah and Bush endorses all sorts of sketchy GOP members.
Both parties are more crooked than a question mark. It is time to clean out DC from the strangle hold both these parties have on the system.

OU812
Topic Author

Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:38 pm

Quoting JpetekYXMD80 (Reply 3):
This is just another lame attempt to slander Pelosi by tying her into something completely unrelated. Good job. Is that really the best you can do?

Easy there fella,
Since the dems ran on the Culture of Corruption theme for the mid-term elections, it is only fair and need I said appropriate to demonstrate their hypocrisy. It was just days after the election that Pelosi tried to install Murtha as House Majority Leader, a move which did not pan out.

Agreed,
Again, I am simply pointing out that our new Dem. Congress is not as perfect as some want to believe.

bushpilot

Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:43 pm

Quoting OU812 (Reply 5):
Since the dems ran on the Culture of Corruption theme for the mid-term elections

I dont think that to be the case really. At least not in the races I followed. Most of them were "Hey we arent the GOP!" but I guess that might fall under the anti-corruption theme regardless. Also I think Iraq had a ton....2 tons to do with how the election turned out.

OU812
Topic Author

Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:43 pm

Quoting Bushpilot (Reply 4):
Both parties are more crooked than a question mark. It is time to clean out DC from the strangle hold both these parties have on the system.

I know how you feel Bushpilot. But we keep voting them back in. William Jefferson is under investigation by the FBI. They found $90,000 in marked bills in his Freezer and he still got re-elected!!! banghead 

boggled 

jpetekyxmd80

Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:45 pm

Quoting OU812 (Reply 5):
It was just days after the election that Pelosi tried to install Murtha as House Majority Leader, a move which did not pan out.

Ok..but what's with the title and prevailing issue of the thread? What is Pelosi supposed to do, refuse to swear in a democratically elected congressman or something?

OU812
Topic Author

Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:50 pm

Quoting Bushpilot (Reply 6):
I dont think that to be the case really. At least not in the races I followed. Most of them were "Hey we arent the GOP!" but I guess that might fall under the anti-corruption theme regardless. Also I think Iraq had a ton....2 tons to do with how the election turned out.

Bushpilot,
Can't say I disagree with you there. I'm sure most of the election was local. However, I vividly recall Pelosi, Reed and many other dems. consistently referring to the Republican party as the " Culture of Corruption ".

Confuscius

Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:53 pm

"Pelosi swears in Jefferson"

IIRC, he won.

[Edited 2007-01-06 04:55:05]
Ain't I a stinker?

OU812
Topic Author

Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:55 pm

Quoting JpetekYXMD80 (Reply 8):
Ok..but what's with the title and prevailing issue of the thread? What is Pelosi supposed to do, refuse to swear in a democratically elected congressman or something?

To stir up debate!

It was not inaccurate. But thought provoking. Again, to point out hypocrisy.

AsstChiefMark

Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:57 pm

Someone please open a window. There's an annoying little mosquito buzzing around in here.

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

jpetekyxmd80

Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:04 pm

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 12):
Someone please open a window. There's an annoying little mosquito buzzing around in here.

?

Care to contribute anything?

TedTAce

Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:05 pm

Murtha eh whatever... gimme a conviction and I'll flame him Senseless.

Jefferson deserves to be shot conviction or not. only diference being without conviction, shoot him in the leg, convict him shoot him in the head..

I think Pelosi is obligated to swear him in so in short this thread is  redflag 
This space intentionally left blank

OU812
Topic Author

Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:19 pm

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 14):
I think Pelosi is obligated to swear him in so in short this thread is

TedTAce,
Where did I state that Pelosi was wrong for swear in Jefferson? I didn't. And I agree, she was obligated to do so. But..., com'on it is a tad bit funny that the Democrats had to swear in a soon to be convicted congressmen just after winning the mid-term elections while running on their "Culture of Corruption" theme.

Boeing4ever

Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:21 pm

So is this what we're gonna see on A.net now for the next two, maybe six years depending on election '08?

Right-wing whiners starting threads like this crying foul over Congress?

And of course the ever present left-wing Bush bash threads.

How fun.  Yeah sure

Here's some advice to both sides...your pussies wouldn't hurt so much if you'd stop trying to shove so much shit in them. Think about it.

airplane B4e-Forever New Frontiers airplane 

OU812
Topic Author

Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:32 pm

Boeing4ever,
I don't see anyone whining here.

Quoting Boeing4ever (Reply 16):
Here's some advice to both sides...your pussies wouldn't hurt so much if you'd stop trying to shove so much shit in them. Think about it.

The only $hit see is the above quote. This debate was civil from both sides until you came along. If you can only contribute garbage, like you did above. Please steer clear of thread.

Thank you very.

[Edited 2007-01-06 05:33:58]

Boeing4ever

Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:37 pm

Quoting OU812 (Reply 17):
The only $hit see is the above quote. This debate was civil from both sides until you came along. If you can only contribute garbage, like you did above. Please steer clear of thread.

Yeah, real civil so far.

Boeing4ever,
I don't see anyone whining here.

Really now...

Quoting OU812 (Thread starter):
Pelosi pushed aside Jefferson due to an on going investigation. Yet, did not have a problem endorsing ethically challenged John Murtha for House Majority leader!

HHmm,
I thought the new Congress was supposed to be free of Corruption?

NOT!

You and SATX should get together for a play date. May I suggest you guys bring your Midol and Vagisil?

co7772wuh

Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:46 pm

So is this what we're gonna see on A.net now for the next two, maybe six years depending on election '08?

Right-wing whiners starting threads like this crying foul over Congress?

Excuse me,
No one is whining in this thread. And what on earth have many democrats been doing for years??? Whining about everything, even going so far to make false claims about our troops!!! So in your world it's OK for your guys bitching and moaning about everything, even when they are irrelevant. But, pointing hypocrisy is unjustified??? If you are only capable of making biased and insulting remarks in this thread for only selfish reasons, then please spear us from your rude attitude.

AsstChiefMark

Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:50 pm

God damn mosquito.

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

FlyDeltaJets87

Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:52 pm

Quoting OU812 (Reply 5):
Again, I am simply pointing out that our new Dem. Congress is not as perfect as some want to believe.

Sorry to tell ya this:
Those who would already believe this aren't going to be swayed by this story. The rest of us were smart enough to realise this in the first place; long before this story hit the press.

Quoting OU812 (Reply 7):
They found $90,000 in marked bills in his Freezer and he still got re-elected!!!

Certainly gives a new meaning to the phrase "cold-hard cash".

your pussies wouldn't hurt so much if you'd stop trying to shove so much shit in them. Think about it.

"But sometimes pussies get so full of shit that they become assholes themselves, because pussies are only an inch and a half away from assholes."
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

Boeing4ever

Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:53 pm

Quoting CO7772WUH (Reply 19):
Excuse me,
No one is whining in this thread. And what on earth have many democrats been doing for years??? Whining about everything, even going so far to make false claims about our troops!!! So in your world it's OK for your guys bitching and moaning about everything, even when they are irrelevant. But, pointing hypocrisy is unjustified??? If you are only capable of making biased and insulting remarks in this thread for only selfish reasons, then please spear us from your rude attitude.

That's politics. Clinton got a shit-storm for his eight years, Bush will get his. When you're a politician, you need thick skin. This thread is nothing more of a knee-jerk anti-Democrat reaction. They've had Congress for two days now...and already to some they've ruined the country.

Yes, we get it, the Dems are hypocrites...and the Reps are too. Everybody needs to learn the phrase, "Those who live in glass houses should not cast stones."

Call it cynicism, but there's gonna be a lot of bullshit flying, and little getting done for the next two years.

But I'll let you all get back to wringing each others' necks.

OU812
Topic Author

Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:06 pm

Quoting Boeing4ever (Reply 22):
But I'll let you all get back to wringing each others' necks.

Boeing4ever,
Thanks for finally contributing to this thread. However, if you read the thread, you may realise it was quite civil until you came alone. Yes, I was pointing out left hypocrisy. However, it turned out to be a bi-partisan effort putting down all politicians. I ain't saying the right is perfect, that much is very very obvious. But the right is not as bad as claimed.

AsstChiefMark

Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:12 pm

Quoting OU812 (Reply 23):
But the right is not as bad as claimed.

Boeing4ever

Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:19 pm

Thanks for finally contributing to this thread. However, if you read the thread, you may realise it was quite civil until you came alone. Yes, I was pointing out left hypocrisy. However, it turned out to be a bi-partisan effort putting down all politicians. I ain't saying the right is perfect, that much is very very obvious. But the right is not as bad as claimed.

Oh it's still civil...for A.net anyways.

But any opportunity to slag a politician is worth it. Not as bad as claimed...that's a good one.

FlyDeltaJets87

Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:25 pm

Quoting Boeing4ever (Reply 25):
Oh it's still civil...for A.net anyways.

And yet a.net pales in comparison to the myspace forums in terms of a lack of civility.
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

Boeing4ever

Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:32 pm

Quoting FlyDeltaJets87 (Reply 26):
And yet a.net pales in comparison to the myspace forums in terms of a lack of civility.

Speaking of legislative branches, we're still more civil than some...

I like the music in that one...  Wink

I hope CSPAN is paying attention...this is a great way to boost ratings...

lnglive1011yyz

Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:07 am

I'm just waiting for the "it's because she's a woman" argument to come out.

Whoever starts that one, may God Bless your carcass.

1011yyz
Pack your bags, we're going on a sympathy trip!

speedbird747BA

Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:17 am

I think what has already been pointed out here, and what needs to be pointed out again, is that politicians, either left or right, are still politicians.

The difference is........

REPUBLICANS ARE BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wink

Cheers,
Kyle
How long do I have to climb, up on the side of this mountain of mine?

ANCFlyer

Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:19 am

Until proven guilty, he's got every right to his job. Until indicted he can sit in the House.

It's still baffling that the politicos screamed and moaned and pissed and whined when the PBI raided the guy, I mean - what are they gonna do give him a couple years til he's out of office to get rid of the evidence. Bull . . . .

Hit him now. Politicians should NOT be above the law.

ANd still no explanation from Mr. Jefferson on how over US$90K wound up in his freezer? AND the (probably guilty as all hell) man was re-elected. Says a lot about the constituency doesn't it . . . sorta like DC re-electing that dope smoking mayor of theirs.

LOSERS - the lot of 'em.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Blackbird

Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:50 am

The more people learn this, the better.

Because of lobbyists and financiers, both Democrat and Republican are controlled by the same groups of people. It's just like looking at different sides of the same coin.

Ironically, the Democrat / Republican issue does provide lots of divisiveness, but basically, both parties are controlled by the same people, and as a result will have somewhat similar intentions.

jpetekyxmd80

Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:53 am

Quoting Blackbird (Reply 31):

Ironically, the Democrat / Republican issue does provide lots of divisiveness, but basically, both parties are controlled by the same people, and as a result will have somewhat similar intentions.

Let me guess...the Jews, right?  Silly

TedTAce

Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:55 pm

Quoting OU812 (Reply 15):
Where did I state that Pelosi was wrong for swear in Jefferson? I didn't.

You inferred it with:

Pelosi Swears In Corrupt [Cold Cash] Democrat

Don't forget to send ASF a thankyou card; for if not for him, you'd be getting LOTY honors (if not just my vote) on the 'other' site

Quoting JpetekYXMD80 (Reply 32):
the Jews, right?

yes 

I guess it's really the freemasons. But any way you cut it both parties have screwed themselves sensless. Why either of them got ANY votes last fall was a commentary on the decline of our society.
This space intentionally left blank

srbmod

Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:23 am

Quoting OU812 (Reply 7):
William Jefferson is under investigation by the FBI. They found $90,000 in marked bills in his Freezer and he still got re-elected!!!

What do you expect, he's from Louisiana, the state that has a history of electing crooks (Edwin Edwards, some of the Longs).

Pelosi had no say in whether to swear him in, as that's a required duty of the Speaker of the House.

And OU812, are you so desperate in finding ways to bash the opposition, that you have to go back to the Abscam Scandal which was over 25 years ago? What's next, dragging up Chappaquiddick? And Wikipedia isn't exactly the paragon of accuracy, so perhaps you may want to reconsider the use of it in the future as a reference.

halls120

Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:48 am

Quoting Bushpilot (Reply 6):
Quoting OU812 (Reply 5):Since the dems ran on the Culture of Corruption theme for the mid-term elections
I dont think that to be the case really.

Well, it was the case.

As CNN noted in commenting on the re-election of Rep. Jefferson, "His presence in Washington could be embarrassing for Democrats, who won control of Congress on a platform of cleaning up corruption."

Because of lobbyists and financiers, both Democrat and Republican are controlled by the same groups of people. It's just like looking at different sides of the same coin.

checkmark  Instead of self-serving republicans in charge, we now have self-serving democrats in charge.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

ctbarnes

Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:12 am

OTOH, it may be newsworthy that she swore in only one...  duck 

Charles, SJ
The customer isn't a moron, she is your wife -David Ogilvy

halls120

Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:24 am

Quoting Ctbarnes (Reply 36):
OTOH, it may be newsworthy that she swore in only one...

One that we know of, of course.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

Falcon84

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:15 am

Quoting OU812 (Reply 2):

I don't think there's ever been a political party free of corruption. With any power, comes corruption.

rotfl 

Quoting JpetekYXMD80 (Reply 13):

?

Care to contribute anything?

I think it was the best line of the thread.  Big grin

Quoting OU812 (Reply 15):
TedTAce,
Where did I state that Pelosi was wrong for swear in Jefferson?

Only in your title: "Pelosi Swears In Corrupt (Cold Cash) Democrat."

That was meant to raise the specter of corruption from the get go. And, if you deny it, you're just lying thorugh your keyboard.

Agreed. As smart as I think B4e is, he always sits on the fence, and hurls tongue-lashes to both sides, instead of taking a stance himself.

Quoting CO7772WUH (Reply 19):
Whining about everything, even going so far to make false claims about our troops!!!

What false claims? And if there are any, is that any different than false claims about a former Democratic President-like the deaths of Vince Foster and Ron Brown? White Water? Travel Gate? Remember those?

But the right is not as bad as claimed.

Then you do one thing-get rid of the fucking lobbyists, and the money pushers. Ban them, completely, I don't care who they are. THEY are the corrupting influence.
Work Right, Fly Hard

ctbarnes

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:20 am

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 37):

Touche!

Charles, SJ
The customer isn't a moron, she is your wife -David Ogilvy

OU812
Topic Author

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:31 am

Quoting Srbmod (Reply 34):
Pelosi had no say in whether to swear him in, as that's a required duty of the Speaker of the House.

As noted before & now again. The significance of my reference to Pelosi has nothing to do with Pelosi being required to or not to swear in Jefferson. But, as noted before & now again. It has all to do with the fact that she is swearing in a CORRUPT DEMOCRAT, which proves hypocrisy on their part since she, Reed & others referred to the Reps. as a culture of corruption.

Can you see that?

Quoting Srbmod (Reply 34):
And OU812, are you so desperate in finding ways to bash the opposition, that you have to go back to the Abscam Scandal which was over 25 years ago? What's next, dragging up Chappaquiddick?

You & others are the ones desperate not me, since you guys appear to be incapable of seeing their hypocrisy and there by only resort to bogus accusations against me in an attempt to dodge the issue at hand.

Also, it appears you condone Murtha's & Jefferson's corrupt behavior. Are you saying since Murtha's scandal happened 27 years ago it never happened?

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 37):

http://mediamatters.org/items/200610150001

After ignoring Hastert land deal, Time highlighted Reid real estate controversy

OU812
Topic Author

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:49 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 38):
What false claims? And if there are any, is that any different than false claims about a former Democratic President-like the deaths of Vince Foster and Ron Brown? White Water? Travel Gate? Remember those?

Yes they are, since we are at war. It thwarted our efforts & aided in propaganda for our enemy. What an A-hole Dick Durbin is. The US military/Western nations treats POWs far better than other nations.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...le/2005/06/21/AR2005062101654.html

Durbin Apologizes for Remarks on Abuse
Senator's Comparison to Actions of Nazis and Soviets Had Drawn Wide Condemnation

By Shailagh Murray
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, June 22, 2005; Page A06

Sen. Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) yesterday offered a tearful apology on the Senate floor for comparing the alleged abuse of prisoners by American troops to techniques used by the Nazis, the Soviets and the Khmer Rouge, as he sought to quell a frenzy of Republican-led criticism.

checkmark   checkmark   checkmark 

Then you do one thing-get rid of the fucking lobbyists, and the money pushers. Ban them, completely, I don't care who they are. THEY are the corrupting influence.

Falcon84

Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:09 am

Quoting OU812 (Reply 41):
Yes they are, since we are at war. It thwarted our efforts & aided in propaganda for our enemy. What an A-hole Dick Durbin is. The US military/Western nations treats POWs far better than other nations.

Criticism of one's government, when you think it's wrong, is the highest form of patriotism, numbnut. It isn't treasonous; it isn't giving aid and comfort to the enemy. It's showing the enemy that we are BETTER than they are, and have values they don't subscribe to, or understand.

And yes, we do treat POW's better, but you cannot whitewash things like Abu Gharib, because it's a stain on our national character.

Unfortunately, you're one of these fools who believe the "either support us or shut up" syndrome, which is, in effect, what our enemies are like.
Work Right, Fly Hard

srbmod

Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:31 am

Quoting OU812 (Reply 40):

Also, it appears you condone Murtha's & Jefferson's corrupt behavior. Are you saying since Murtha's scandal happened 27 years ago it never happened?

I never said I condoned their behavior. Jefferson shouldn't have been re-elected, but his constituents thought he should. Louisiana has long had a reputation of electing corrupt politicians. Murtha was never indicted during the Abscam scandal, and some retired FBI agents involved felt as though he was only stringing the "businessmen" some of the FBI agents were portraying just to see if they really were legitimate. Nowhere on the entire surveillance tape does Murtha accept the money being offered to him. While his "I'm not interested...at this point. [If] we do business for a while, maybe I'll be interested, maybe I won't," statement on the tape when being offered $50,000 gives the impression he could potentially be bought, it really is an inconclusive statement, as it could have gone either way.

Quoting OU812 (Reply 40):

You & others are the ones desperate not me, since you guys appear to be incapable of seeing their hypocrisy and there by only resort to bogus accusations against me in an attempt to dodge the issue at hand.

We're the desperate ones?

You're the one dragging up something that occurred over 25 years ago and the person in question was never indicted or put on trial. That reeks of desperation.

I'm surprised you haven't brought up the Keating Five. Oh wait, Sen. McCain was one of those five.........

Boeing4ever

Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:51 am

Agreed. As smart as I think B4e is, he always sits on the fence, and hurls tongue-lashes to both sides, instead of taking a stance himself.

I could jump down, blow up the fence, and take both sides with it. Then it'll be all mine. That'd a side.  Smile

As long as the interest rate on student loans is cut I'll be happy. But if I see more of the same, then it's just more of the same. It's been a week now. I'm still going to wait and see what this Congress does about energy independence, Iraq, homeland security, and the environment first. At least for a few months.

OU812
Topic Author

Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:46 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 42):
Criticism of one's government, when you think it's wrong, is the highest form of patriotism, numbnut.

You're on medication.  hypnotized 

How in the world can you condone Durben's actions??? There is a difference when being critical of ones nation & down right slandering our military. What those few, very few soldiers did to the POW's is nothing compared to what other nations would have done to them. I've also been told by a few friends that are & have served in the military that they were treated worse while going through basic training. What Durben said was down right outrageous, as is your defence of him !

Unfortunately, you're one of these fools who believe the "either support us or shut up" syndrome, which is, in effect, what our enemies are like.

Another hypocritical, completely unfounded and callow statement by Falcon84.

I see, this how you react when you cannot defend the actions of one of your cronies. Instead of blasting Durben for his outrageous comments towards our troops, you defend him and his BS, then resort to making completely bogus statements at me and are even so low you make personal insults at me as well.

Care to debate this topic civilly Mr Durben t43#$% oops...., I mean Falcon84 or do you want to continue you with your immature little hissy fit.

Grow up & stop being such a hack!

Quoting Srbmod (Reply 43):
While his "I'm not interested...at this point. [If] we do business for a while, maybe I'll be interested, maybe I won't," statement on the tape when being offered $50,000 gives the impression he could potentially be bought, it really is an inconclusive statement, as it could have gone either way.

Oh good lord!

I see,
Murtha actually voted for the $50,000 dollars before he voted against it!!!

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

Falcon84

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:06 am

Quoting OU812 (Reply 45):
Criticism of one's government, when you think it's wrong, is the highest form of patriotism, numbnut.

You're on medication.

How in the world can you condone Durben's actions???

I don't recall condoning Durbin's actions, and what he said you used to paint anyone as opposing the war as somehow treasonous. Durbin was wrong, and he apologized, not that it matters to the likes of you.

But again-the highest form of patriotism, and being critical of one's government is one of the great freedoms that separate us from our enemies, even though you don't think so.

Quoting OU812 (Reply 45):
What those few, very few soldiers did to the POW's is nothing compared to what other nations would have done to them.

I don't care what other nations do, to be honest: I care what OUR soldiers do. And while 99.999999% of our soldiers serve in an honorable, dignified manner, those few who did what they did at Abu Gharib, and who slaughtered those Iraqi's in that city who's name escapes me right now, did something that is against the honor and traditions of our nation, and to try and downplay it doesn't wash. It was criminal, and it should be condemned as such.
Work Right, Fly Hard

OU812
Topic Author

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:52 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 46):
I don't recall condoning Durbin's actions,

That must be some good stuff you're smoking there Falcon84, since you condoned his actions just a few replys back! You referred to Durben's actions as: Criticism of one's government is the highest form of patriotism And you did not say anything negative tawords Durben's outragious statement until I confronted you on it!

See below:

Criticism of one's government, when you think it's wrong, is the highest form of patriotism, numbnut. It isn't treasonous; it isn't giving aid and comfort to the enemy. It's showing the enemy that we are BETTER than they are, and have values they don't subscribe to, or understand.

and what he said you used to paint anyone as opposing the war as somehow treasonous.

Here we go again.

I did not say anything of the sort. I [as you can see above] quoted Durben specifically!

But again-the highest form of patriotism, and being critical of one's government is one of the great freedoms that separate us from our enemies, even though you don't think so.

Oh boy,
You just don't stop with BS now do you? Where did I state that Mr Falcon84??? If some knucklehead like Durben makes a slanderous statement against our nation/troops or anyone for that matter. I have every right to be critical of his or her actions!!!

So what you are insinuating here is that it's OK for some A-hole politician to make bogus accusations about our troops, but I am forbidden to point out how off the effing wall he is!

Wow,
That's real convenient for you I see! You flying high Falcon84, but the question is,.... on what?

hypnotized 

OU812
Topic Author

Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:13 am

Also Falcon84,

Dick Durben was not being critical of the US. He was lying about our troops in an effort to score cheap partisan political points at the expense of the fine young men and women fighting the war on Terror. Which in my opinion is disgraceful & extremely counter productive to say the least. I have no issue with anyone expressing their opinion. However, when they resorts to lies, as Durben did, then it is appropriate to call them up and confront them for what they are, political partisan a-holes!

Falcon84

Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:24 am

Quoting OU812 (Reply 47):
That must be some good stuff you're smoking there Falcon84, since you condoned his actions just a few replys back!

Quoting OU812 (Reply 47):

I don't see where I condone Durbin at all. Maybe I should have cut off my quote of what you said before you got to Durbin, because your quote before that part was a bunch of bull cookies. And you were spot on about Durbin. I would never, ever condon anyone going overboard like that.

But you seem to want to sweep under the rug that there ARE some very bad apples in the military, and what they did was not consistent to the honor and the integrity of this nation, and they should be roundly condemned tried, and convicted, if guilty.
Work Right, Fly Hard