WellHung
Topic Author

The Day The Music (Almost, Damn) Died

Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:14 am

Like graffiti 'artists' (vandals), a capella groups, glee clubs, harmony singers - whatever you may call them - are a scourge on society. Spreading joy, glee, harmony, they have no place in our modern world. Noise pollution. Rather they should be preaching guns, violence, murder and most important... retribution. Modern values. Those who do not capitulate will get their just desserts. I will urinate on their graves.

Such 'art' invades the eardrums of private citizens and echoes ceaselessly for days. How dare they spread joy while I wallow in self-pity and the misery of others. Until they confine their melodies to their own property and insure nary a sound wave escapes into the public domain, I will fight for an end to them and their felonious acts. Anyone found willfully engaging in the production of gleeful harmonies in the presence of a United States citizen (illegals need not apply) will be punished by 10 years hard labor, removal of the vocal cords and a red-hot poker to seal the rectum.

In the absence of law enforcement, a private citizen (revenger) may exact revenge on the glee-spreading offender (revengee). To what extent is determined solely by the revenger. The revenger cannot subsequently be tried, convicted or punished by law for such retribution and a constitutional amendment will be passed to insure no interference by state or federal judiciaries.

Why this took over a week for the AP to pick this up is unknown. But leave it to those unabashed fascists to paint these polluters as victims. The 'Star Spangled Banner'... yeah, like that song even exists.

A willful, intentional, and premeditated damaging of SOMEONE ELSES brain with no thought or respect whatsoever given to the rights of said brain owner.

Signed,
Matt D

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070110...fp/afpentertainmentus_070110163008

Members of a close-harmony group from Yale University are recovering after being ambushed and beaten up while on tour in California.

Members of the a cappella Baker's Dozen were performing at a party in San Francisco at the new year when their rendition of the "Star Spangled Banner" apparently sparked taunts and threats from fellow partygoers.

LHMark

RE: The Day The Music (Almost, Damn) Died

Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:02 am

Barbershop quartets have their uses.

"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

WellHung
Topic Author

Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:00 am

Quoting LHMARK (Reply 1):
Barbershop quartets have their uses.

Dude - that's a QUINTET!! THIS is a quartet:

AeroWesty

Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:04 am

Quoting WellHung (Reply 2):
Dude - that's a QUINTET!! THIS is a quartet:

Eh, details, details!

Signed by,
777236ER
International Homo of Mystery

deltagator

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:12 am

Quoting WellHung (Thread starter):
Members of the a cappella Baker's Dozen were performing at a party in San Francisco at the new year when their rendition of the "Star Spangled Banner" apparently sparked taunts and threats from fellow partygoers.

As much as barber shop quartets and glee clubs bug me I have to ask if this action is what Nancy Pelosi's "San Francisco" values are to her.  Wink
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

LHMark

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:19 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 4):

As much as barber shop quartets and glee clubs bug me I have to ask if this action is what Nancy Pelosi's "San Francisco" values are to her.

Yeah, she probably called ahead and but the hit on. Jesus.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

deltagator

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:37 am

Quoting LHMARK (Reply 5):
Yeah, she probably called ahead and but the hit on.

I knew she was trouble. And it's a little thing called sarcasm...you can look it up if you still don't understand.  Wink
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

LHMark

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:43 am

Wow. You are to sarcasm what Alanis Morrisette was to irony.  Wink

WellHung
Topic Author

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:43 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 4):
I have to ask if this action is what Nancy Pelosi's "San Francisco" values are to her. Wink

I believe she had something more like this in mind...

deltagator

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:58 am

Quoting LHMARK (Reply 7):
You are to sarcasm what Alanis Morrisette was to irony.

Now you're just being passive aggressive. Don'tcha think?  Wink

Quoting WellHung (Reply 8):

Funny! They make a cute couple.