Coal
Topic Author

Best Clubs In Sydney

Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:07 pm

Hello,

I'll be in Sydney on Friday Feb 9th and Sat Feb 10th and would like to know what some of the best clubs are. I'm mostly into electronic music, but otherwise am open to the usual hip-hop/rnb/top 40 scene.

Any other "must-do's" wrt to clubbing in Sydney would be good to know.

Also, how expensive are cabs over there? (a comparisson to the US or Singapore would be good).

Cheers,
Coal
Nxt Flts: MI RGN-SIN | SQ SIN-RGN-SIN | CX SIN-HKG-PVG | SQ PVG-SIN

JeepBoy

RE: Best Clubs In Sydney

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:18 pm

Lots of clubs to for that kind of music. And taxi's (as we call them) are cheap compared to most cities. An inner city taxi fare across town wouldn't be more than 10$ AUD.

http://www.arqsydney.com.au/specialevents.htm

http://www.themidnightshift.com/index.php?id=2

http://www.homesydney.com/

Hoo roo!

jb
*yay*

FlyboyOz

Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:37 pm

Hmm...These are clubs for gay and lesbian but you can go there and have a look if you want to. They have got the best music/DJ. There are still other clubs for everyone somewhere in the Oxford Street, Darling Harbour and Sydney downtown.
The Spirit of AustraliAN - Longreach

JeepBoy

Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:09 am

Quoting FlyboyOz (Reply 2):
Hmm...These are clubs for gay and lesbian but you can go there and have a look if you want to. They have got the best music/DJ. There are still other clubs for everyone somewhere in the Oxford Street, Darling Harbour and Sydney downtown.

The clubs I listed are both gay / lesbian and straight. We don't really have that much of a distinction between "gay / straight" anymore with clubs here in Sydney.

There are still some "heavy duty" gay clubs around but even those are mixed and welcome anyone.

jb
*yay*

EasternSon

Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:38 am

My vote would be Home in Darling Harbour.

Otherwise, there are some clubs right next to each other, and maybe somebody with a better memory can tell you exactly where they are, called Sugar Reef and Liquid - maybe in King's Cross?

Lots of good dance/house music going on down in Oz. I'm not that into it, but the music in the clubs that I did go to definitely got me dancing.

But be warned, if you're carrying any, you'll have to check your homophobia at the door.
"The only people for me are the mad ones...." Jack Kerouac

aussie18
Crew

Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:08 am

Quoting Coal (Thread starter):
Hello,

I'll be in Sydney on Friday Feb 9th and Sat Feb 10th and would like to know what some of the best clubs are. I'm mostly into electronic music, but otherwise am open to the usual hip-hop/rnb/top 40 scene.

Any other "must-do's" wrt to clubbing in Sydney would be good to know.

Also, how expensive are cabs over there? (a comparisson to the US or Singapore would be good).

Cheers,
Coal

Also Pj' Gallaghers at Parramatta is good place to visit,20-40yr old club/pub,Roxy is good place to visit at Parramatta as well.

Darling Harbour itself has some nice restruants that turn into some full raving clubs which go off especially on Saturday nights.

But than their's the clubs through Sydney,Kings X is good spot just watch out for the Druggo's,Prostitutes and dickheads at night.

JeepBoy

Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:30 pm

Quoting Aussie18 (Reply 5):
Also Pj' Gallaghers at Parramatta is good place to visit,20-40yr old club/pub,Roxy is good place to visit at Parramatta as well.

Don't go to Parramatta. Ewwww. Thats a part of Sydney that we like to hide.

jb
*yay*