f.pier

Air Berlin: Is It Possible To Use Firefox?

Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:34 am

I've just tried to book, but after I put my data (credit card number included) everything stops.

I use Firefox. Does this mean that site requires IE?

HT

RE: Air Berlin: Is It Possible To Use Firefox?

Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:41 am

Quoting F.pier (Thread starter):
Does this mean that site requires IE?

Works okay with my Opera 9.10.

Never tried to book on it via Firefox though.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

mhodgson

Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:43 am

I've never had a problem with Firefox - possibly just a temporary server issue?
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

f.pier

Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:47 pm

Yes, now it's OK. I booked.
But I have to say that Ryanair booking procedure is better. I don't like waiting the next day to have my booking confirmation.

mhodgson

Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:20 pm

I agree - I got really worried when I failed to receive confirmation of a booking once - I thought I had typed in my email wrong!
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

HT

Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:38 pm

One negative thing on AB's web site still is, that one needs to start a (false) booking in order to be able to see arrival & departure time on a connection flight.
Just recently they added the info to the search results list, if and where a connection will be ...

Sofar e-mails as booking confirmations always have arrived within minutes in my inbox; have had more problems (up to never receiving an e-mail) on other airline's websites. Therefore I write down the confrmation number as soon as it is displayed and then print the screen into a PDF-file - have saved me a number of times ...

When I booked an award flight on AB over the phone last Thursday, the confirmation arrived the very moment I put down the receiver, keeping in mind that it had been forwarded from my private mail adress to my business adress in that few seconds.  checkmark 

Off-topic:
Sofar I can only praise the service I have received from AB's helpdesk. They always have been efficient and quick when re-confirming flights, booking award flights, re-booking flights etc. Plus they answer calls instantly and w/o having to enter the FF-number etc. into the phone's keyboard and then listen for minutes to announcements about new regulations for hand luggage ...
I had to endure all that stuff twice when the call center of a different major european airline dropped the phone-line in the middle of rebooking an award flight  Sad
At least the second agent I got quickly was able to continue the previously discontinued rebooking - and he told me that they had tech´ difficulties with their phone lines.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !