ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Battlestar Galactica Season 3 .5 - 1 Week

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:06 am

Next SUNDAY 3.5 of Battlestar Galactica hits the SciFi Channel. Looks like 9pm Alaska time.

And heads up Galactica Fans, A Battlestar Galactica Marathon on Sci-fi on Sunday Jan 15th. I'm not sure of the time. I'll get the regular 4 hours delayed from the East Coast feed here.

So . . . . where are we going in Season 3.5? Overcrowded Galactica, Food Shortage, this Planet with the Cave, the Cylons in orbit also, Herra? So much to look forward to, so much to answer. . . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

RichardPrice

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:09 am

Oh god, not another BSG thread  Wink

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:19 am

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 1):
Oh god, not another BSG thread  wink 

Easy there Killer, or I'll post 73 of them one for each ship in the fleet, each member of the crew, each raptor aboard and every episode! We'll have a regular A380 Galacticathon going right here in Non-Av!

rotfl 
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

kmh1956

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:20 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Thread starter):
Sunday Jan 15th

Unfortunately,according to scifi.com it's Monday the 15th...not Sunday. I'm pissed..I really wanted to watch this.
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:23 am

Quoting Kmh1956 (Reply 3):
Unfortunately,according to scifi.com it's Monday the 15th...not Sunday. I'm pissed..I really wanted to watch this.

You're right, my bad . . . Monday, Jan 15, Battlestar Galactica Marathon on Sci-FI . . .

Thanks for the catch there KMH . . .

No worries here though, I'm off until Tuesday, 1800.  bigthumbsup  Want I should give you a blow by blow? We could do like Aerospacefan with Pres. Ford's funeral.

"OK, Adama said . . . "

laughing 

kmh1956

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:28 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 4):
No worries here though, I'm off until Tuesday, 1800. bigthumbsup Want I should give you a blow by blow?

You lucky bugger...I have to work.
Thanks for the offer, but I'll just wait until the DVD comes out. Watching the new episodes now wouldn't makae much sense to me now, as I only just finished watching seasons 1 and 2 after I caught a few minutes of the next to last show of season 3 before they went on hiatus.

Of course, if you just want to piss off RichardPrice...be my guest!! Lots of detail!!!

[Edited 2007-01-14 01:29:38]
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

Go3Team

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:34 am

I'm glad you said something, time to program the DVR...
Yay Pudding!

zanl188

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:36 am

Anybody know why SciFi buried it at 10PM EST Sunday nights? Makes it tough for us working folk to watch it live. I'll DVR it but watching it monday nights after work won't be the same....
Legal considerations provided by: Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:57 am

Quoting ZANL188 (Reply 7):
Anybody know why SciFi buried it at 10PM EST Sunday nights? Makes it tough for us working folk to watch it live. I'll DVR it but watching it monday nights after work won't be the same....

Doesn't seem smart to me. First two seasons, at 9pm Eastern (and 9pm AK time) it was kicking. Best ratings on Sci-Fi. Then they move it to 1pm EA/AK and viewers dropped off. Should ahve set off an alarm . . .and it did, but 10pm EA/AK on a Sunday . . . WTF are they thinking. That'll kill the show for certain.

I anticipate Season 3.5 or at the latest Season 4.0 the end of the run. I'll blame it on the time slot.

allstarflyer

Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:13 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 2):
not another BSG thread

Easy there Killer, or I'll post 73 of them one for each ship in the fleet, each member of the crew, each raptor aboard and every episode! We'll have a regular A380 Galacticathon going right here in Non-Av!

Rule #5 . . .
Do not re-ignite inflammatory threads by creating new threads on the same topic.  Wink

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 8):
I anticipate Season 3.5 or at the latest Season 4.0 the end of the run. I'll blame it on the time slot.

Ooh. That would not be cool. Whatever happened to SciFi Friday?

Maybe they'll reach Earth this season  eyebrow  . But then . . . maybe there are Cylons already among us  scared  .

-R
Living the American Dream

zanl188

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:13 pm

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 9):
maybe there are Cylons already among us

Maybe we are the Cylons and don't know it yet.....

kmh1956

Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:54 pm

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 9):
maybe there are Cylons already among us

Ssshhh...don't tell anyone.

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:14 am

http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/index.php3?date=15-JAN-2007&feed_req

Here's a link to Sci-Fi.coms schedule for tomorrow.

Appears as though 8am Eastern (7am Alaska Time for the feed) the Battlestar Episodes start - all the Season 3.0 Episodes will be played.

And, for those "Enterprise" fans, appears as thogh 7pm Eastern (6pm Alaska time for the feed) tomorrow there are four "Star Trek: Enterprise" Episodes immediately following Battlestar.

Other than a short break for news I won't have to touch the remote tomorrow at all . . . .SciFi day all the way.  bigthumbsup 

Season 3.5 premiers at 10pm Eastern, 1/21. (9pm Alaska time).

zanl188

Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:52 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 12):
Appears as though 8am Eastern (7am Alaska Time for the feed) the Battlestar Episodes start - all the Season 3.0 Episodes will be played.

ARRGH!! They've started that interactive crap like what G4 does with Star Trek 2.0... Yuck!! If I want interactive I'll come here...

Interactive Crap get thee from my screen....

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:09 am

Quoting ZANL188 (Reply 13):
They've started that interactive crap l

Quite distracting IMO . . .  irked 

I just saw a preview for Sunday's episode . . . the only part of it that caught me ear was . . . . "One will Find out they're a Cylon" . . . .

Well that's interesting. We're about to see another Cylon? We're about to see a new character entirely? Or is Baltar about to be outted? Starbuck?  scratchchin 

I'll have to hope to see the blurb again, this time watch it rather than listen to it, see who they show on the screen.

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:30 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 14):
I just saw a preview for Sunday's episode . . . the only part of it that caught me ear was . . . . "One will Find out they're a Cylon" . . .

OK, finally saw another preview . . .

Here's the verbiage. "This Season, One will die, one will find out he's a Cylon and one will find earth."

The pictures didn't matter, the panned through Gaeta, Adm Adama, Pres Roslyn, Starbuck so quikcly it couldn't have a meaning . . . .

Anywhay - there fodder for the theorists . . .

zanl188

Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:30 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 15):
Anywhay - there fodder for the theorists . . .

I was catching up on podcasts yesterday during the marathon. There was one with Moore and several of the actors, including some actors we haven't met yet...

My personal best guess is that Kat is a Cylon -- got swapped out running wetbacks...  Smile

comorin

Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:58 am

Guys, in order to prove my 'cred' on this thread I settled in and watched all the episodes of the original series ('79-'80). It was so much fun! I think the show eventually ran out of shampoo and blow dryers, finally getting canned. It's interesting to see how the characters got mapped in the 're-imagined' series: Starbuck changes gender, Baltar still a Brit (best villains!), Boxie still unstrangled by rest of cast, and many little things that pay tribute to the original.

The new space sequences (CGI) are really beautiful, and the laws of Physics (no aerodynamics in outer space, please!) finally apply.

OK, now to crawl back into my cave and catch up with seasons 2.0, 2.5 and 3.0 ...

ANCFlyer, thanks for reminding us about season 3.5  Smile

zanl188

Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:14 am

Quoting Comorin (Reply 17):
Boxie still unstrangled by rest of cast

Boxie has been missing in action for sometime on the reimagined series... He may well have been done in....

greasespot

Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:51 am

Ths sucks. (Actually i like the reason that i am away for) I am away and cannot watch it....guess i am going to have to do the same as last year and buy the season...

GS
Sometimes all you can do is look them in the eye and ask " how much did your mom drink when she was pregnant with you?"

greasespot

Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:10 am

Ths sucks. (Actually i like the reason that i am away for) I am away and cannot watch it....guess i am going to have to do the same as last year and buy the season...

GS
Sometimes all you can do is look them in the eye and ask " how much did your mom drink when she was pregnant with you?"

comorin

Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:10 am

Quoting ZANL188 (Reply 18):
Boxie has been missing in action for sometime on the reimagined series... He may well have been done in....

crossfingers 

Hopefully the 'Daggit' got fried to a crisp...

It looks like 3.5 is being run on Universal HD a week later. So please everyone, get UniHD, the show just looks amazing on it!

zanl188

Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Anybody else catch Tricia Helfer on Letterman last night? She said she was "discovered" while standing in line outside a local movie theatre out side of Alberta. ...and no she doesn't know if Six is a figment of Baltars imagination, or chip, etc....

...and oh, yeah, there was something about a cover on some magazine, eh Playboy I think, yeah that's the ticket...  Smile

http://www.triciahelfer.com

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:04 am

Quoting ZANL188 (Reply 22):
Anybody else catch Tricia Helfer on Letterman last night?

irked  Dangit, no . . . she is a hot number that's for certain . . . didn't know she had done (or will do) Playboy. Knew she was a Victoris Secret's model though.

Sunday, 6pm Alaska Time episode 1, Seaason 3.5.

Question: Anyone know if they released Season 3.0 on DVD likst they did last year?? I haven't seen it advertised.

comorin

Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:01 am

Question - In Season One, Apollo gets a field promotion to 'Captain' - Is this an Army or Navy Captain? Since he reports to an Admiral, I would assume it's a Naval rank, equal to a full Colonel (Staff Officer?)

This is confusing regardless of fUK or US convention being followed.

In an other episode, Adm Adama refers to either his XO or Apollo as 'Colonel' while on the Bridge - surely a Naval command chain? Thanks for any explanations, and apologies if discussed before.

zanl188

Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:26 am

Quoting Comorin (Reply 24):
Question - In Season One, Apollo gets a field promotion to 'Captain' - Is this an Army or Navy Captain? Since he reports to an Admiral, I would assume it's a Naval rank, equal to a full Colonel (Staff Officer?)

I think Apollo ought to be putting his rank on with velcro... he's been promoted/demoted (and one trip to the brig) so often it's hard to keep track.

The use of the term "Captain" is not necessarily in reference to rank, it could also refer to a position of responsibility i.e. "Ships Captain".

Also the use of Army ranks aboard ship has real world precedent. Common aboard USN amphibious and command ships, and in fact any USN ship with a Marine detachment aboard. Though I'm not sure I'd trust the shiphandling skills of a Marine Col XO. (Any jarheads reading this please correct me if I'm wrong)

edit for ANC: Any chance you could correct spelling in thread title? Thanks

[Edited 2007-01-21 18:27:01]

comorin

Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:57 am

Quoting ZANL188 (Reply 25):
Also the use of Army ranks aboard ship has real world precedent.

Thanks for clearing that up!

BTW, I've been trying to catch scenes that are 'hommages' to other Space shows.

There are clear tributes in the original series to Star Wars (John Dykstra was FX supervisor in both), as well as to 2001 in the EVA activity in the last episode.

In Season One, there are references to 'Alien' (the slimy innards of the captured Cylon ship), '2001' (the 'PANAM'-style stew uniform aboard the shuttle).

zanl188

Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:40 am

Quoting Comorin (Reply 26):
BTW, I've been trying to catch scenes that are 'hommages' to other Space shows.

I've heard (can't remember where though) that the rapid fire opening montage is a salute to "Space: 1999"

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

RE: Battlestar Galactica Season 3 .5 - 1 Week

Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:43 pm

Question - In Season One, Apollo gets a field promotion to 'Captain' - Is this an Army or Navy Captain?

It's "Colonial Fleet Rank".

A Captain in the US Navy is an O-6, directly subordinate in rank to a Rear Admiral (Lower Half)*. A Captain in the Colonial Fleet is somewhere in the general vicinity of a Captain in the US Army or a Lieutenant Junior Grade in the US Navy.

In an other episode, Adm Adama refers to either his XO or Apollo as 'Colonel' while on the Bridge - surely a Naval command chain?

Not in the US. A Colonel in the US Army, Marine Corps and Air Force is an O-6, the same pay grade as a US Navy Captain. Again, it's Colonial Fleet Rank.

Seems to me the Colonial Fleet Officer Ranks run pretty much as below. A mixture of rank names between the US Army, Marines and Air Force and the US Navy.

Example:

Admiral (Adama)
Commander (Adama at the beginning)
Colonel (Tigh)
Major (Apollo Now)
Captain (Starbuck Now)
Lieutenant (Sharon [Athena] Now)

No real correlation between anything real, just using the names of the ranks.

*Don't ask me why the Navy uses such a ridiculous term = Lower Half, they should just stick with Commodore and leave it at that. But that's the US Navy . . .

northstardc4m

Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:02 pm

whew.... ok:

This is going to be interesting.

Baltar is back on Galactica... along with his girlfriend
D'Anna is Boxed after seeing the face of 1 of the remaining 5...
Maya is Back with Mom...
And the Eye of Jupiter is the Ionian Nebula...

however no one found earth, and no one found out there were a Cylon... so the preview was a dud... but someone did die... actually if you count Cylons... a whole bunch died... Plus all the poor lifeforms on the planet of course.

Yet another round of Questions answered with more Questions... oh well, it was interestging at least and it did re-arrange everyone... AGAIN.
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:05 pm

Quoting NorthStarDC4M (Reply 29):

Dangit!!!!

Next time give a SPOLIER WARNING!!

irked 

wink 

I won't get to see the episode til I'm off shift at 0600 . . . .

So the preview was bogus . . . heopfully, they have Baltar locked away securely.

Still, plenty of unanswered questions.

actually if you count Cylons... a whole bunch died

I guess this answers the question of who will fly away from this planet . . . . apparently, the Cylons did not . . .

biggrin 

northstardc4m

Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:14 pm

sorry ANC... my bad... footinmouth 
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

RichardPrice

Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:26 pm

however no one found earth, and no one found out there were a Cylon... so the preview was a dud..

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 30):
So the preview was bogus

Didnt the preview tag line apply to Season 3.5 as a whole rather than just the first episode?

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 15):

Here's the verbiage. "This Season, One will die, one will find out he's a Cylon and one will find earth."

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:19 pm

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 32):
Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 30):
So the preview was bogus

Didnt the preview tag line apply to Season 3.5 as a whole rather than just the first episode?

Musta been . . . in that case, no big deal. That would make sense then.

I'll get to watch the episode over breakfast in about two hours . . .

Interesting "one will find out he's a Cylon . . . HE'S a Cylon. Wonder who???

Lemme ask again: Anyone heard anything about Season 3.0 DVDs?

RichardPrice

Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:47 am

Well that was a pretty good episode, answered a few questions.

northstardc4m

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:49 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 33):
Interesting "one will find out he's a Cylon . . . HE'S a Cylon. Wonder who???

Indeed, lets see the candidates:

Baltar: too obvious, but also most likely... preview of next episode seems to indicate he's gonna get executed so it'll be a short wait to find out...
Adama Sr: errr... nah
Apollo: unlikely
Tigh: ... that would be out of left field alright...
Helo: can't think of reason not actually? He did fall for a Cylon...
Gaeta: ... nah
Tyrol: again, any reason not? cept Cally of course...

So Baltar, Helo, or Tyrol... thats my short list.

[Edited 2007-01-22 23:49:49]

zanl188

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:07 am

Quoting NorthStarDC4M (Reply 35):
Helo: can't think of reason not actually? He did fall for a Cylon...

Can't be Helo... If he's a Cylon then Hera isn't a hybrid....

Fokker Lover

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:26 am

I would also add Starbuck to that list. She seems to be the chosen one for a reason.

I've been saying that Baltar is a Cylon for a long time. I'm sticking with that one.

This was a really good episode. Have you noticed that the longer the Cylons are exposed to us, the more they act like us and pick up our bad habits?
They lie to each other, they keep secrets, have their individual agendas, and the big one. The first Cylon on Cylon violence was in a parking garage on Caprica. Now they go around killing each other all willy nilly. It seems that they are evolving again.

Another observation. When Dee was on that ridge trying to rescue Starbuck, she was with a lone soldier. I'm thinking gee, I've never seen this guy before. All he needs now is a red shirt. Then bam, deader than shit. Who didn't see that coming?
10,000 years ago we would have eaten you. Today, we drag you along and allow you to pollute the gene pool.

northstardc4m

Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:08 am

Quoting ZANL188 (Reply 36):

Can't be Helo... If he's a Cylon then Hera isn't a hybrid....

oh dang, didnt think of that, ok scratch Helo...

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:56 pm

Quoting NorthStarDC4M (Reply 35):
So Baltar, Helo, or Tyrol... thats my short list.

I'd take Tyrol off the list . . .

Baltar - possible. Helo - Possible. Gaeta - possible.

Adm Adama - definite nope. Maj Adama - definite nope.  scratchchin  Doc Cottle? Manages to do alright treating Cylons doesn't he . . . had to pick up that knowledge somewhere didn't he?

Quoting Fokker Lover (Reply 37):
Another observation. When Dee was on that ridge trying to rescue Starbuck, she was with a lone soldier. I'm thinking gee, I've never seen this guy before. All he needs now is a red shirt. Then bam, deader than shit. Who didn't see that coming?

rotfl  Yup . . . you kinda knew that guy was history from the get-go. Red shirt notwithstanding.

Let me ask this. Do you folks ever - when watching an episode (or rewatching it as I do) look at the background to "check for Cylons" in the crowd. I mean, watching the primary characters in the scene is fine the first go 'round, but what about later - when watching again. Check the faces in the crowd for known Cylons? For UNKNOWN Cylons? I mean, who knows - there are five unknowns thus far. Could be anyone.

RichardPrice

Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:43 am

*** POTENTIAL SOILER ALERT ***

Well, the next episode should be ..... interesting  Smile

lindy field

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:07 am

I think the most intriguing aspect of this episode is that Number 6 is on Galactica. What's she up to, exactly? Why did she decide to accompany Athena back to Galactica? Was it a snap decision she made because she broke Boomer's neck? Or was the drama between Boomer, Athena, and Six pre-planned by Boomer and Six with the intention of getting Six aboard Galactica for some other purpose? And seeing as Six has been betrayed by Baltar, might she provide evidence against him to the Colonials now that they're both captive on Galactica?

Fokker Lover

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:51 am

It looks like they want you to believe that Baltar is in a resurrection tub. He's not naked though. Even though I believe that Baltar will someday be outed as a Cylon, I don't believe it will be this time. This may be a shot from one of his dream sequences.
10,000 years ago we would have eaten you. Today, we drag you along and allow you to pollute the gene pool.

kmh1956

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:50 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 39):
Maj Adama - definite nope

If Lee Adama IS a Cylon, then he's one of the best constructed Cylons they've assembled.

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:59 am

Quoting Kmh1956 (Reply 43):
If Lee Adama IS a Cylon, then he's one of the best constructed Cylons they've assembled

rotfl 

I believe you'd said something similar before!!

par13del

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:30 am

Well here's my take on who the cylon is, when D'Anna saw the face of the cylon, she acted as if it was a person who should be respected, so, my pick is Roslyn the former school teacher turned President.

The previews of the next episode seems to be more of the love quadrangle, how much play can this get? I really thoought they would "kill off" Dee on the rescue mission to resolve the issue, I was wrong, my bad.

Klaus

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:56 am

Quoting Fokker Lover (Reply 42):
It looks like they want you to believe that Baltar is in a resurrection tub. He's not naked though. Even though I believe that Baltar will someday be outed as a Cylon, I don't believe it will be this time. This may be a shot from one of his dream sequences.

Looks like it, indeed. He's more haunted than welcome apparently, and those seem to be human kids in bad shape (ghosts in his dream?) instead of our well-known cylon friends.

Okay episode so far - although the function of the temple still remains somewhat vague...

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:02 am

Quoting Klaus (Reply 46):
although the function of the temple still remains somewhat vague...

Agreed. he entire destruction via the nova and the whole "Star Trekish" ending didn't sit well with me.

So there was a Nova 4000 years ago, and the 13th colony knew it, set up that whole Temple thing on the off chance the original 12 colonies invented Cylons, they had a war and off went the Galactica in search of Earth???

redflag 

Klaus

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:09 am

No, I think they're indeed following the mythical time loop concept they had introduced earlier... so their ancestors probably just remembered where to leave what (the beacon, the temple, ...?)

RichardPrice

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:39 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 47):
So there was a Nova 4000 years ago, and the 13th colony knew it, set up that whole Temple thing on the off chance the original 12 colonies invented Cylons, they had a war and off went the Galactica in search of Earth???

When you move house, you give your friends and family the new address (or directions), dont you?

Expecting a Cylon war were you? Expecting your friends and family to have to suddenly relocate while being persued by murderous machines?

Point is, the 13th Tribe just wanted the other colonies to be able to find them, regardless. Up until now, theres been no reason for the 12 colonies to even consider the fact that the 13th colony wasnt a legend, it wasnt hard to find Kobal and it wasnt hard to find the trail of clues to Earths location, they just didnt bother to even look.

The 13th tribe didnt know where they were going to end up, but they knew which way they were going next - and thats what these markers are for.

I think the temple was there to cause the nova when certain conditions were met, it wasnt a coicidence.

I still have my theories regarding the Cylons and the 13th Colony, I thin kwe are going to have a shock there.