AeroWesty
Topic Author

Iraqi Pm Asks For More Weaponry From U.S.

Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:24 am

Seemingly, in his response to the "troop surge", Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki has a plan of his own. Have the U.S. honor a deal to give Iraqi forces more equipment, despite concerns U.S. military hardware could end up in the hands of militias and insurgents.

"Under a new strategy announced last week, US President George W Bush plans to send 21,500 additional troops to Iraq, the majority of them to Baghdad, in an attempt to improve security and end sectarian clashes.

But Mr Maliki said more equipment was what was really needed."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6273603.stm

My question is simple and direct. If we're to eventually hand over a greater role in the security of Iraq to the Iraqis, what have we promised them in the way of arms that we haven't delivered, and when do we expect to start shipping them over?
International Homo of Mystery

speedbird747BA

RE: Iraqi Pm Asks For More Weaponry From U.S.

Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:47 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Thread starter):
If we're to eventually hand over a greater role in the security of Iraq to the Iraqis, what have we promised them in the way of arms that we haven't delivered, and when do we expect to start shipping them over?

Probably none. I surely didnt expect 15% (I cant remember the exact figure) of the weapons we gave to them to turn up missing a couple months back. If they need more now, they shouldnt have lost those then.

More US taxpayers dollars down the drain. ( in reference to the weapons lost)

Cheers,
Kyle
How long do I have to climb, up on the side of this mountain of mine?