jafa39

Do The War Supporters Also Support Bush?

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:33 pm

Ok...clearly a.net is not the place for my usual direct line of questioning, I really do want to know what the relationship is between support of GWB and support for the Iraq war.

So, possums, with as much dignity and decorum as this nest of vipers can sustain  Smile

Answer me this, do you support GW AND the war?

You can even say that you don't support either but I would like to know whether (in general) support for one indicates support for the other...or vice versa.

All set? Let's be nice to each other or the mods will pull the thread and then none of your opinions will get heard  Wink

Note to ANCFlyer......I am prepared...delete at will  Wink
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

RichPhitzwell

RE: Do The War Supporters Also Support Bush?

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:39 pm

Jafa, I made the mistake last time of answering more than yes or no... Im not sure where the thread went or why it was deleted as I left immediately after...But what do you think? We have discussed this so many times that I believe you are just trying to flame bait this forum.
Nonav.com kinda like Whiners except the lights are on and the pimps been paid

airtran737

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:42 pm

I support the war and the president. Flame away.

filler.
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever

T773ER

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:45 pm

I support GWB and the war with 110% Unlike some ther people, or wish us failure in Iraq, for some reason I can't even begin to understand.
"Fixed fortifications are monuments to the stupidity of man."

MDorBust

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:49 pm

This thread will probably go away again as the hardliners on either side won't admit anything other than their dedicated positions and will promptly resort to flaming anyone who doesn't say that A) All things related to Bush and the war are complete failures -or- B) All things related to Bush and the war are completely great.

Those in the middle will sigh again, and wish for better days.
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

jafa39

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:51 pm

Quoting RichPhitzwell (Reply 1):
We have discussed this so many times that I believe you are just trying to flame bait this forum.

You might have done but i haven't, this isn't flamebait, it is a genuine inquiry as I have yet to meet an American (face to face) who supports either and I wanted to know if you can like the war but not Bush....simple question from a simple guy, try not to be so touchy, you can ask me anything you like on any subject.

Officially NZ supports neither.

jafa39

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:52 pm

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 4):
Those in the middle will sigh again, and wish for better days.

Ah yes....the middle path...I remember those far-off days....before I was an a.netter that was  Wink

GQfluffy

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:53 pm

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 4):
This thread will probably go away again as the hardliners on either side won't admit anything other than their dedicated positions

I gave my positions. I'll admit, I've supported Bush on quite a few things, yet I think he dropped the ball hella far on quite a few others. Could someone have done a better job? Most likely.
This isn't where I parked my car...

ANCFlyer

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:55 pm

I support the President and the War in Iraq.

And I fully support our Troops.

Support for one or the other doesn't constitute support for both or neither. Does that make sense.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

AsstChiefMark

Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:01 pm

Someone deleted the Bush/War thread? I give up. It seems like my good posts just get tossed in the shitter.

How the hell can I answer this? I don't support the war. And I don't support Bush.

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

GuitrThree

Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:10 pm

Quoting Jafa39 (Thread starter):
Ok...clearly a.net is not the place for my usual direct line of questioning, I really do want to know what the relationship is between support of GWB and support for the Iraq war.

What do you exactly mean by "support of GWB?" I'm asking, because:

I SUPPORT GWB in his:

War Policy
Supreme Court Nominations
Tax Cuts
Stem Cell Research
Other things...

I DO NOT SUPPORT GWB in his:

Boarder control policy
Spending History
Other things...

I'm reading your thread as "how many people simply support Bush because of his war..." or "how many people simply support the war because they support Bush.."
I'm not sure you will find many people at all to agree to either of those statements..
As Seen On FlightRadar24! Radar ==> F-KBNA5

NWA742

Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:21 pm

I support the President and I support the war.

If you have any derogatory or lame shit to say - please direct it to this:

If you want to ask me why, I'll be glad to answer.

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

FlyDeltaJets87

Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:21 pm

Quoting GQfluffy (Reply 7):
Could someone have done a better job? Most likely.

The better question to ask is "Was anyone else willing to do the job?"

As the question at hand.
Yes I support the war. Yes, overall, I support Bush. The two do not necessarily go hand in hand. One of our neighbors down the street (well, at least at my home in Greensboro) is Bush supporter, but is strongly opposed to the war in Iraq.

I support Bush on his tax cuts (and that's because I've benefited from them. Oh wait, how could I have benefited from them? They were only for the rich people and oil companies.  sarcastic  ). The economy on a national scale is very strong, regardless of what others what some want to say. The success of my family's investments is a reflection of that.

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 10):

Boarder control policy
Spending History
Other things...

checkmark 
Spending would get under control if Congress would ever pass the Balanced-Budget Amendment.
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

MDorBust

Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:25 pm

Quoting FlyDeltaJets87 (Reply 12):
Spending would get under control if Congress would ever pass the Balanced-Budget Amendment.

Yeah, that'll happend right after they pass congressional term limits and salary caps.
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

ANCFlyer

Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:30 pm

Keep this on track ladies and gents or I'll can this one as well. Answer Jfa's questions please - without the flame fest. If it turns into another flame fest with personal attacks and a lot of  redflag  this thread'll disappear quicker than a glass of scotch after a long week at work.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

jafa39

Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:11 pm

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 10):
I SUPPORT GWB in his:

War Policy
Supreme Court Nominations
Tax Cuts
Stem Cell Research
Other things...

Boarder control policy
Spending History
Other things...

I'm reading your thread as "how many people simply support Bush because of his war..." or "how many people simply support the war because they support Bush.."
I'm not sure you will find many people at all to agree to either of those statements..

is Bush supporter, but is strongly opposed to the war in Iraq.

Now we're getting somewhere! but the simple Q is....can you love one and not the other, I know some Poms who support the war but don't want Blair to get the Kudos if there is a positive result.

Some good info coming through.

NeilYYZ

Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:20 pm

Even though a Canadian opinion is probably useless...

I support Bush and the War in Iraq.
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

AeroWesty

Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:03 pm

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 15):
the simple Q is....can you love one and not the other,

Well I see two questions in there, but it's probably because it's late.

I do not support the majority of the positions of this current administration. I do not support the changing targets in the war. I will always support brave men and women who volunteer to put their lives on the line in service to their country. The current president's poll numbers are the lowest since Pres. Nixon resigned from office. That says to me that I'm pretty much in step with the majority of my fellow countrymen.

That is all.
International Homo of Mystery

QXatFAT

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:01 pm

I support President George W Bush

I support the "War In Iraq" (The troops have my prayers and full support)

I do not understand "War On Terror" because it is to broad of a term that does not have an end.
Don't Tread On Me!

AirCop

Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:57 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 14):
this thread'll disappear quicker than a glass of scotch after a long week at work.

Now that's a crime in itself..

Now to the question at hand; Do I support the war in Irag,NO! (please note I do have family in Iraq as I type so I willing to give the military everything they want to clean up the mess and get our men and women home safe)
The other war that seems to be forgotten: YES

Do I support GWB. No.

Pope

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:11 am

I support the intent of the war in Iraq but not how it's been carried out. I think he ignored Stormin Norman's advise after GW I where he said that the difference between Desert Storm and Vietnam is that we fought it Desert Storm with an eye on protecting coalition lives and not everyone else's. War is a violent act and has to be fought violently. Sometimes more violence in the short term results in less total violence in the long-run. Big mistakes have been made, but they can't be undone. We can only look at decision that can be made from now going forward.

I completely support the troops because it isn't their call. They just carry out the order given to them by the chain of command.

On somethings I support the President (tax cuts post 9/11, using all means possible to hunt terrorist) and on other I do not (in ability to veto runaway spending from the GOP controlled Congress and his administration's position on Padilla).

I think he's in a situation that even he doesn't believe he can get out of. IMO he needs to admit he's made mistakes and go to the world community and ask for help in fixing it. It will be a bruise to the ego but it's the only way this situation is going to be resolved.
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

jafa39

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:16 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 20):
I think he ignored Stormin Norman's advise after GW I where he said that the difference between Desert Storm and Vietnam is that we fought it Desert Storm with an eye on protecting coalition lives and not everyone else's

I agree, the job should have been finished there and then.

Pope

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:18 am

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 21):
I agree, the job should have been finished there and then.

Do you remember the cries from the left after the highway of death? How much of this could have been avoided if the first war lasted a couple more days?

speedbird747BA

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:26 am

Yes, I support Bush on some issues, and I totally support the war. Note, there is a difference, IMO, between me supporting the war, and thinking that the war could have been done better, as I think both.

Cheers,
Kyle
How long do I have to climb, up on the side of this mountain of mine?

T773ER

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:33 am

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 16):
Even though a Canadian opinion is probably useless...

Only if you don't agree with the war!

PanAmOldDC8

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:34 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 20):
think he's in a situation that even he doesn't believe he can get out of. IMO he needs to admit he's made mistakes and go to the world community and ask for help in fixing it. It will be a bruise to the ego but it's the only way this situation is going to be resolved.

Great post Pope, couldn't agree with you more. I supported your President when he made the call, however it ha been totally screwed up by incompetent people. I think that he should say I screwed up and lets get the job done. I know about war as I was in Nam and a democratic President screwed up, a lot of people today forget that Johnson was the one that escalated that war. Again he had bad advice
Barbados, CWC soon, can't wait

AirCop

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:38 am

Quoting PanAmOldDC8 (Reply 25):
a lot of people today forget thatrnJohnson was the one that escalated that war. Again he had bad advice

I haven't forgotten, lost a couple of classmates over there (thats one reason I joined the Air Force) . Domino theory, didn't happen did it, you're right bad advice..

IFEMaster

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:41 am

I support the war.

I also support the President on most but not all of his policies.

And, let's face it, like him or not, when he talks he sounds like a boob.
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

searpqx

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:43 am

I voted for Bush in 2000, and came to regret that decision.
I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on Iraq and came to realize I was wrong again.
I did and still do support the decision to go into Afghanistan, as well as the ongoing NATO effort.
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity"

Falcon84

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:46 am

Quoting AirTran737 (Reply 2):
I support the war and the president. Flame away.

Sorry. I for one won't give you the satisfaction. I can only say I'm on the other end of the answers to both.

Quoting T773ER (Reply 3):
I support GWB and the war with 110% Unlike some ther people, or wish us failure in Iraq, for some reason I can't even begin to understand.

I think there's very few Americans who earnestly want to see us fail in Iraq. You have your far left extremists who put their ideology over the good of the nation, but those are relatively few and far between.

As for me, I do not support this president on the overwhelming number of things he stands for, or has done. I agreed on him dumping Kyoto; and not subscribing to this Kangaroo World Court; I support his view on drilling in the ANWR, on which I had a chance of heart.

Other than that, I can't find much I back him on.

I have never been a proponent for the war in Iraq. It was a mistake to start with, and events have made that clear. But I have also made clear I do support continuing the conflict, simply because the consequences of simply pulling out now are even worse, and we owe it to the Iraqi people, and those Americans who have died in this conflict, to make the best of the situation there.

Despite my opposition to the war, I have never not supported the men and women serving there, or anywhere else, for that matter. As Pope correctly said, they're not there by choice, and simply following the chain of command, and doing what they signed up to do. And supporting them but not supporting the political decision to send them there is easily separated, if one simply looks at it objectively.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Pope

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:36 am

Quoting PanAmOldDC8 (Reply 25):
Great post Pope, couldn't agree with you more. I supported your President when he made the call, however it ha been totally screwed up by incompetent people. I think that he should say I screwed up and lets get the job done. I know about war as I was in Nam and a democratic President screwed up, a lot of people today forget that Johnson was the one that escalated that war. Again he had bad advice

Though I'm glad we agree on principle, Bush needs to accept the responsibility himself. The same way we hold captains of ships responsible for everything that goes on during their command (whether or not they were on watch) the same sort of accountability needs to be placed on the President.

We're not talking about holding the POTUS responsible for some mid-level bureaucrat's error. We're dealing with the decision to mobilize our armed forces into battle. With power comes responsibility and I believe his political polls would rise if he came out and said, "I'm responsible, the mistakes were mine." The American people are willing to forgive but they don't like finger pointers.

Not only is it the right thing to do, W would give a lot of GOP Members of Congress political cover going forward.

One of my biggest criticisms of the President is that he is too forgiving when his subordinates fail him. I've always held that on September 12, 2001 he should have had the Director of the CIA, the Director of the FBI and the Director of the NSA in his office and asked for their resignations. Whether or not it was possible to stop the attack, it was their job to do so. They failed at it and 3,000 people died. That sort of failure cannot be tolerated.

Tom12

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:39 am

I'm ot an American, but i support the War in Iraq and i support G W Bush. Going to Iraq was the right thing to do, just not for the right reasons at the time if you get me?!

Tom
"Per noctem volamus" - Royal Air Force Bomber Squadron IX

NWA742

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:45 am

Quoting Tom12 (Reply 31):
I'm ot an American, but i support the War in Iraq and i support G W Bush. Going to Iraq was the right thing to do, just not for the right reasons at the time if you get me?!

I most certainly understand you. I agree with Bush's goals in the War on Terrorism and Iraq - but I disagree, in many ways, how it has been managed by our policitians in Washington these past few years.

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

DrDeke

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:50 am

I think that part of the reason this question receives such vitriolic responses is that it is extremely vague. For example, when asked "Do you support the war?," one person might think something along the lines of:

"No, I think this war was a horrible idea and we should never have invaded,"

While another person might think:

"Hell yeah, I support the war! How can you not support our soldiers in a time of war??"

All in response to the same question. In order to elicit more considered responses, I would recommend phrasing the question more along the lines of:

"Do you think that the Iraq war was a good idea? Do you think that President George W. Bush is doing a good job? Or do you think one of these but not the other?"

Finally, to answer your question, I think that starting the Iraq war was a bad idea and I think that President Bush has done and is doing a bad job as President.

-DrDeke

EDIT: I accidentally typed 'was' instead of 'war' the first time.

[Edited 2007-01-25 22:57:13]
If you don't want it known, don't say it on a phone.

jafa39

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:02 am

Quoting DrDeke (Reply 33):
I think that part of the reason this question receives such vitriolic responses is that it is extremely vague.

Please bear in mind that this thread is a result of a previous thread that got pulled, it has been posted with advice from the mods, the direct line of questioning i initially took got derailed as i did not take into account the outrage I would cause by asking for Yes/No answers.

I did not ask if you supported the soldiers serving in Iraq, I asked if you supported the war per se and that is all I wanted to know as I want to know if you can support Bush and not the war or the war and not Bush.

This is because I see heaps of threads bashing Bush and heaps supporting the war and wonder if there were two vociferous camps on a.net one lot supporting the war and one bashing Bush....or are they the same people??

Plenty of people want to answer the question they think i should have asked but as the asker I reserve the right etc, etc.....

alaskaqantas

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:22 am

I do not support our president or the war. that is not to say that I don't want the soldiers to come back safley, I know many people in Iraq right now.

Quoting T773ER (Reply 3):
or wish us failure in Iraq

...problem with saying that is that it is hard to say that we are winning right now in Iraq. It is true that we can't just pull out right now, that would be stupid. (we just should have made a big deal out of this)

???
???
There are LOADS of people that would have been willing, and would probably have done better

People say things like "it is a hard job." "i feel bad for him" etc... well yes, it is a hard job... but its also a hard job fighting over in the war. and the whole deal with feeling sorry for him doesn't make sense, if some one screws up and then does the same mistakes again and again you shouldn't feel sorry for him when he has a country that he is suppose to be representing. and when you are below 30% approval rating... I would call that "non-representative"
(Sorry I don't have the time at the moment to check on his exact current ratings, as I have to leave)

I respect every ones opinion 100%, but we all have our own thoughts!
~Cheers-
~~Kyle H.
to some people the sky is the limit, to aviation enthusiasts, its home!

PanAmOldDC8

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:27 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 29):
have never been a proponent for the war in Iraq. It was a mistake to start with, and events have made that clear. But I have also made clear I do support continuing the conflict, simply because the consequences of simply pulling out now are even worse, and we owe it to the Iraqi people, and those Americans who have died in this conflict, to make the best of the situation there.

You know I was thinking, you guys have not had an attack since 9/11, wonder why. Do you suppose that a lot of the terrorists are tied up in Iraq, just a thought. They want to win Iraq so badly that they may be using their people there
Barbados, CWC soon, can't wait

Falcon84

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:30 am

Quoting PanAmOldDC8 (Reply 36):
You know I was thinking, you guys have not had an attack since 9/11, wonder why. Do you suppose that a lot of the terrorists are tied up in Iraq, just a thought. They want to win Iraq so badly that they may be using their people there

Not all the terrorists are in Iraq. Far from it.

And I don't know what that has got to do with what you quoted me on in any event.
Work Right, Fly Hard

AGM100

Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:58 am

President Bush has the only solution ... fight and win it. The admin may have made many mistakes , but I do not believe they did them to make the US lose. They were miscalcualtions or bad intel or whatever , but the goal has always been the same... Beat the ideals of Al-Qada. The other side wants to give the enemy a victory on a silver platter .. this is no option at all.

I do believe you can back the president on the war and not completly support him. The problem is the options that the Dems give you to vote for..so far not so good (IMO)
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

DrDeke

Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:55 am

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 34):

I did not ask if you supported the soldiers serving in Iraq, I asked if you supported the war per se and that is all I wanted to know as I want to know if you can support Bush and not the war or the war and not Bush.

Err, yes, that was rather my point. I know you didn't ask if people support the soldiers serving in Iraq; my point was that a lot of people around here jump to conclusions and that is the first thing that comes to their mind when they read the question of "Do you support the war in Iraq," even though that isn't what you were asking.

-DrDeke
If you don't want it known, don't say it on a phone.

102IAHexpress

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:17 pm

Iraq had lost its rights to sovereignty under international law. It is said that if a state meets any one of the following four conditions, that state has sacrificed its sovereignty; including participating in regular acts of aggressions against neighboring states or occupying their territory, violating the sprit or the letter of the terms of the non proliferation treaty, violating the genocide convection and lastly acting as a host to international terrorists. Iraq met all four of those conditions. On more than one occasion.

Thus I supported President Bush and his plan for a regime change in Iraq. But I’m not an idiot, nor are the American people idiots; the regime change war and the Iraqi civil war are not the same thing.

We got rid of Saddam, and for that I applaud President Bush. But now it’s time to let the Iraqi’s sort it out.

Say what you want about Vietnam, but at least during Vietnam we all knew who the enemy was. I mean, who’s our enemy in Iraq? Furthermore what is our current mission in Iraq? If you have to think to answer that, then I think you’ve answered what ever doubts you may have had about whether to stay or pull out.

As far as his non war policies; he’s not much of a conservative, he spends like there’s no tomorrow, he failed on his promise of being a uniter not a divider, his social security reform was a bust, his energy policy is a joke, and his response to Katrina was almost criminal.
Would I have a beer with him? Sure, I mean I don't hate the guy.
I just don't think he's a good POTUS.

[Edited 2007-01-26 05:28:34]

jafa39

Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:32 pm

Quoting DrDeke (Reply 39):
even though that isn't what you were asking.

Good point, it does get a bit confusing here sometimes...

FlyDeltaJets87

Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:55 am

Quoting Alaskaqantas (Reply 35):

There are LOADS of people that would have been willing, and would probably have done better

Okay. Who is included in this list of LOADS of people? And once you answer that question, you can answer how they would have carried out this mission differently. After that, you can then explain where the authority and resources to carry out the plane and successfully execute the war would come from and how they would obtain the resources and authority.
You also wrote:

Quoting Alaskaqantas (Reply 35):
I respect every ones opinion 100%, but we all have our own thoughts!

Well, let's see if you can back up your own thoughts.

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 15):
Now we're getting somewhere! but the simple Q is....can you love one and not the other, I know some Poms who support the war but don't want Blair to get the Kudos if there is a positive result.

One thing to set straight here. People don't "love the war". Some of us view it as something that needs/needed to be done. Others think it should never have started in the first place. Most people don't like, yet alone love, the idea of going to war, but some will do so if necessary.
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

jafa39

Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:04 am

Quoting FlyDeltaJets87 (Reply 42):
Most people don't like, yet alone love, the idea of going to war, but some will do so if necessary.

I know how you feel...everytime The Hormones brings home another drippy boyf!  Wink

turbo7x7

Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:55 am

One big national tyrant has been replaced with hundreds (perhaps thousands?) of smaller local ones.

Nope, don't support the war, at least not the current way it's being fought. Most people gave Dubya the benefit of the doubt at the beginning (as I did), but have now soured on this Pres. Just take a look at the most recent poll numbers and what happened to the GOP in Nov. 2006; they even suffered at the state assembly level, which is irrational and unfair if you think about it. Have to admit though, even I'm surprised at just how low the support for this escalation idea is.

Just a brief anecdote: a friend of mine who's a loyal Republican voter confessed to me he voted Democrat this past Nov. After congratulating him  Wink, I asked him how it felt. He said, and I quote, "Liberating, and NOT the Iraqi kind!" Big grin

Never really supported Dubya going all the way back to 2000. Simply do not agree with most of his policies. I think few of them will be sustainable for the long run so he will not have much of a legacy.

[Edited 2007-01-26 22:59:04]

WellHung

Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:05 pm

I support the Office of the Presidency, but I don't support the bumbling clown and cronies currently occupying it or the unmitigated disaster of a war in Iraq 'decided' by said leader.

T773ER

Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:11 pm

Quoting WellHung (Reply 45):
I support the Office of the Presidency, but I don't support the bumbling clown and cronies currently occupying it or the unmitigated disaster of a war in Iraq 'decided' by said leader.

But yet your party resorts to cheap shots at the president on a daily basis.

Aaron747

Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:46 pm

The Democrats aren't the only party making such comments.

REP. ROHRABACHER: Today is a day of infamy and disgrace. The policies set down by this president are sending the defenders of our borders to prison while rewarding illegal alien drug smugglers.

Shame on you, President Bush. You have betrayed us and our defenders...

I don't remember where there was ever a time when the president of the United States was so out of sync with the national security interests of the American people.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0701/17/ldt.01.html
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

T773ER

Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:48 pm

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 47):
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0701/17/ldt.01.html

I'd stay away from the clinton news network if I were you. Watch Sean Hannity, and you just might become hannitized.

Remember, just because it's not liberally biased doesn't make it wrong.

Aaron747

Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:12 pm

So because it was on a network without a conservative bias it wasn't said? Mr. Rohrabacher is a staunch conservative and he was speaking on Lou Dobbs Tonight...and he is anything but a liberal as well.

You've proved my point, thanks.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty