JeepBoy
Topic Author

Sydney No#1 Again!

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:10 pm

Sydney tops world cities in recognition
Thursday Jan 25 00:02 AEDT
A survey ranking Sydney at the top of the world's cities when it comes to brand recognition is a boost to Australian exporters, Austrade says.

The survey by Anholt GMI City Brands Index, based in Seattle, Washington, ranked Sydney as the best city brand in the world, and Melbourne ranked eighth.

Sydney knocked last year's winner, London, off its perch.

The index is said to demonstrate how people respond to city brands, in exactly the same way as when they are shopping for cars or clothing brands.

The index surveyed 17,502 people worldwide about how they judged 30 cities' culture, people, appeal as a place to visit, work and live, and international status.

Austrade's chief economist Tim Harcourt said the survey was a boost for Australian exporters who could utilise the growing recognition with global consumers.

"The new polls suggest it's not just Australia Day here but all over the world with Australia as a brand in global business getting stronger every day," Mr Harcourt said in a statement.

"Australia's sound economy is widely admired and Australia is regarded as a place that works - a good place to travel to and do business with."

JeepBoy
Topic Author

RE: Sydney No#1 Again!

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:21 pm

The listing isn't just about brand recognition:

The Results:

The Presence
Familiarity/perceived standing
Sydney -- 11th out of 60
Melbourne -- 36th out of 60

The Place
Beauty/climate
Sydney -- 1st out of 60
Melbourne -- 6th out of 60

The Potential
Economic/educational opportunities
Sydney -- 3rd out of 60
Melbourne -- 10th out of 60

The Pulse
Urban lifestyle
Sydney -- 5th out of 60
Melbourne -- 16th out of 60

The People
Acceptance in the community
Sydney -- 1st out of 60
Melbourne -- 3rd out of 60

The Pre-requisites
Accommodation/public amenities such as schools, hospitals, transport
Sydney -- 1st out of 60
Melbourne -- 2nd out of 60
*yay*

kiwiinoz

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:25 pm

Where did Adelaide and Hobart come?

rotfl 

Banco

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:30 pm

Quoting KiwiinOz (Reply 2):
Where did Adelaide and Hobart come?

Just above Wellington, Auckland and Christchurch.  Wink
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

JeepBoy
Topic Author

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:40 pm

1 Sydney
2 London
3 Paris
4 Rome
5 New York
6 Washington DC
7 San Fransisco
8 Melbourne
9 Barcelona
10 Geneva
11 Amsterdam
12 Madrid
13 Montreal
14 Toronto
15 Los Angeles
16 Vancouver
17 Berlin
18 Brussels
19 Milan
20 Copenhagen

*yay for Sydney*

jb
*yay*

Banco

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:42 pm

It can't possibly be only conducted amongst those who've been to these places. Not with Brussels in the top 20.  grumpy 
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

JeepBoy
Topic Author

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:54 pm

Just a couple of pics I took recently. Testing the new camera.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h189/jeep_buggy/PICT0079Large.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h189/jeep_buggy/PICT0070Large.jpg

*yay* for Sydney.

jb
*yay*

aussie18
Crew

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:04 pm

Is survey fixed?

Quoting JeepBoy (Reply 1):
The Place
Beauty/climate
Sydney -- 1st out of 60

Number one with drought,over populated Urban city without much water.....
Plenty of Pollution and rubbish around the area,polluted waterways....

The Potential
Sydney -- 3rd out of 60
WTF!

The Pulse
Urban lifestyle
Sydney -- 5th out of 60
Lifestyle isnt that good,All overworked stressed unhappy people!

The People
Sydney -- 1st out of 60
Sydney siders dont accept people,race riots,brawls,hatred,

The Pre-requisites
Sydney -- 1st out of 60

Overcrowded Hospitals with good chance of still coming out worse off than what you went in.
Schools are way overcrowded in Sydney area and plenty of racial violence/tension there.

Transport,Public transport is f*cked,Old Ferries/jetcats always slow,breaking down or having accidents,Trains are usually slow unless at night,Buses are always slow cause of peakhour traffic and shit roads.

Roads are shithouse,motorways are 20years behind where they should be today,Tunnels are deathtraps and we fork out the money for failed projects.

VHVXB

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:27 pm

Quoting Aussie18 (Reply 7):
over populated Urban city

true. There is plenty of space elsewhere but everyone comes to Sydney

maybe plenty but compare it to the cities surveyed

Overcrowded Hospitals with good chance of still coming out worse off than what you went in.

caused by overpopulation and ageing population

Trains are usually slow unless at night

I can speak for this and it usually depends on the type of service you catch, but its quite annoying as they do neglect some lines

Kunoichi

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:36 pm

Quoting JeepBoy (Reply 4):
20 Copenhagen

grumpy   snooty 

1 Sydney

... and it isn't even the country's capital!  sly   duck 
"Do you speak fluent Canadian?"

aussie18
Crew

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:51 pm

Quoting VHVXB (Reply 8):
I can speak for this and it usually depends on the type of service you catch, but its quite annoying as they do neglect some lines

Best place to get flu/sick is on Sydney trains,Only good time to catch them is at beginning of the run,usually 5 stations along and its already packed,dont service all the lines as you said.

Quoting Kunoichi (Reply 9):
... and it isn't even the country's capital!

Canberra is as much part of New Zealand as Tasmania is.....
 crazy   eyepopping 

Kunoichi

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:13 pm

Quoting Aussie18 (Reply 10):
Canberra is as much part of New Zealand as Tasmania is.....

Hey, I'll be the first foreigner to say, loud and proudly- Canberra is AWESOME!  cloudnine 

Unfortunately, I come from a country where at least 60% of the population (if not more) really do believe that Sydney is the capital... including my teachers during highschool...  cry 
"Do you speak fluent Canadian?"

JeepBoy
Topic Author

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:41 pm

Is survey fixed?

Quoting JeepBoy (Reply 1):
The Place
Beauty/climate
Sydney -- 1st out of 60

The Potential
Sydney -- 3rd out of 60
WTF!

The Pulse
Urban lifestyle
Sydney -- 5th out of 60

The People
Sydney -- 1st out of 60
Sydney siders dont accept people,race riots,brawls,hatred,

The Pre-requisites
Sydney -- 1st out of 60

Schools are way overcrowded in Sydney area and plenty of racial violence/tension there.

Transport,Public transport is f*cked,Old Ferries/jetcats always slow,breaking down or having accidents,Trains are usually slow unless at night,Buses are always slow cause of peakhour traffic and shit roads.

Roads are shithouse,motorways are 20years behind where they should be today,Tunnels are deathtraps and we fork out the money for failed projects.

Are you a melbournian? Have you travelled overseas and seen what other major cities of the world are like? Have you seen the people in other major world cities complain and bitch about?

We are lucky in Sydney town despite the problems that we face everyday now, no more or no less than any other major urban centre in the world.

js
*yay*

VHVXB

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:50 pm

Quoting Aussie18 (Reply 10):
,Only good time to catch them is at beginning of the run,usually 5 stations along and its already packed

yes when only a single line is serviced

Gman94

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:10 pm

I don't want to start an argument as I known you guys pick on each other a lot regarding your respective cities but when I was Down Under recently I preferred Melbourne to Sydney.
British Airways - The Way To Fly

Aaron747

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:45 pm

Not a single city in Asia on that list. What a worthless and pointless survey.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

VC10BOAC

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:32 am

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 15):
Not a single city in Asia on that list. What a worthless and pointless survey

I agree. I don't see Baghdad, Kabul or Pyongyang on the list. Worthless!
Joking aside, I was wondering why Tokyo, Hong Kong or Singapore did not make the list.

rootsair

Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:23 am

10 Geneva

wow happy to see a city the size of Geneva be in the Top ten, and ahead of Zürich !

however I don't know how Rome can come 4th !
A man without the knowledge of his past history,culture and origins is like a tree without roots

ClassicLover

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:52 am

Aww, Aussie18... I just have to reply...

Not really. They're reopening some old lake out near Parramatta somewhere because it's now cleaner than it has been in 50 years. Cooks River also has fish in it again which couldn't be said 20 years ago.

I'm from there and never thought people were overworked, stressed or unhappy - are you from Launceston by any chance?

Australian hospitals are some of the best in the world. Anyway, get private health insurance, it's only $50 a month.

No they're not overcrowded at all... sure there's racial violence and tension, just as there were bullies in the "all white" Australian schools of the 1950s and 1960s. Only now because there are many races, it's put down to racism when it's just teenagers being teenagers.

Trains aren't slow, I used to get the trains back and forth to work every day and there were major delays maybe twice a year. Peak hour traffic (southside over the bridge and back) is not that bad either if you're smart with your driving.

Yes, I see you're jaded.

Come to Dublin where I live - you'll see how different things are. They don't have EFTPOS (I know!), so you need cash to shop all the time. They don't have enough ATMs so there are long lines. The hospitals are deplorable. It costs $100 a throw to see a doctor - to SEE one! Foreigners here travel back to their own country to see a dentist. The traffic is gridlocked from 7am to 9pm daily due to poor road planning. Some tram lines don't meet up with the main train stations. Some train lines aren't connected to others. The airport is a complete joke with the only transport being by road.

I could go on... but things are good in Australia, believe me... (and before the Irish lynch me, I love Ireland despite the issues!).
I do quite enjoy a spot of flying - more so when it's not in Economy!

aussie18
Crew

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:48 am

Quoting JeepBoy (Reply 12):
Are you a melbournian? Have you travelled overseas and seen what other major cities of the world are like? Have you seen the people in other major world cities complain and bitch about?

No i am from Sydney,i have seen some of the other countries and know there would be better cities out their than Sydney

Quoting ClassicLover (Reply 18):
Not really. They're reopening some old lake out near Parramatta somewhere because it's now cleaner than it has been in 50 years. Cooks River also has fish in it again which couldn't be said 20 years ago.

Contaminated Fish in cooks river,Parramatta River is much better off but compared to places in Africa and Middle East sure there better.

No they're not overcrowded at all... sure there's racial violence and tension, just as there were bullies in the "all white" Australian schools of the 1950s and 1960s. Only now because there are many races, it's put down to racism when it's just teenagers being teenagers.

Schools are overcrowded,Government keeps saying some schools are overcrowded in Sydney Area and time to build new ones,Also Media always bitching about finding a new school where its overcrowded......Sure being in Ireland you wouldnt be aware of this!

Trains aren't slow, I used to get the trains back and forth to work every day and there were major delays maybe twice a year. Peak hour traffic (southside over the bridge and back) is not that bad either if you're smart with your driving.

Trains are slow,overcrowded,Using old trains which still shouldnt be in service cause the new ones their building are delayed because of safety issues etc.....

Im familiar with the train system aswell as i have had to catch them many times to work and the services are pathetic,Regular things i experienced were urgent track works which disrupted peak timetable,overhead cable failures,trains breaking down due to poor maintance and weather.....Lets not bring up the story of the Marathon runner who raced a city bound service and actuallt beat it.
Most people refer to Cityrail as Snailrail or Shittyrail.

VH-KCT*

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:05 am

Quoting JeepBoy (Reply 12):
Are you a melbournian?

That'd be right    Obviously one thing they didn't include in their survey was arrogance - if they did, Sydney would be down there with the worst of them.

For a city where everybody seems to think that they are the only example of real Australians, it's pleasing for the rest of us to see that they are ever more disparate to the rest of the country. Full scale race riots, ethnic ghettos, gang violence, dodgy police, extreme talkback radio to fuel it all... only in Sydney.

Edit: Just realised it's Australia Day! And what better way to celebrate than a bit of a whinge and some Sydney-Melbourne abuse  Smile

[Edited 2007-01-26 00:06:47]
I am The Stig

kiwiinoz

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:56 am

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 15):
Not a single city in Asia on that list. What a worthless and pointless survey.

Agree

There are about 10 of these surveys that come out every year. Some are more credible than others but in general most are BS, this one included.

Although some of the "placegetters" on this list I do agree with, (including the top 3), there is no way that HK, Tokyo, and a few others are not in the top 10 cities in the world.

I would say the voters are from a group of not very well travelled people

VHVXB

Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:05 am

Quoting Aussie18 (Reply 19):
weather.....

an uncontrolable force which can't be managed

egular things i experienced were urgent track works which disrupted peak timetable,overhead cable failures,trains breaking down due to poor maintance

I guess you live in the inner west??

ordryan28

Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:47 pm

Quoting JeepBoy (Reply 6):
Just a couple of pics I took recently. Testing the new camera.

Beautiful pictures, JeepBoy! I've never been to SYD  Sad

one day, though!  Big grin
Whoever said winning is not everything never fought cancer.

melpax

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:00 pm

Quoting VH-KCT* (Reply 20):
Edit: Just realised it's Australia Day! And what better way to celebrate than a bit of a whinge and some Sydney-Melbourne abuse

Our main role as Melburnians is to put Sydneysiders down a peg or two  Smile
Essendon - Whatever it takes......

QFA380

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:41 pm

old trains

Don't forget the buses, some of which have more than a million kilometers on them.

Quoting Gman94 (Reply 14):
I preferred Melbourne to Sydney.

eek 

How Sydney can rank number 1 though is beyond me.

JeepBoy
Topic Author

Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:12 pm

Quoting QFA380 (Reply 25):
old trains

Don't forget the buses, some of which have more than a million kilometers on them.

Quoting Gman94 (Reply 14):
I preferred Melbourne to Sydney

How Sydney can rank number 1 though is beyond me.

Sydney ranks number one because it is an iconic city. The world knows Sydney and people want to come and see the place and live here.
!
As for Melbourne, ha! All the major airlines are pulling out because there is no reason to be there. *yawn* city.

js *yay for sydney*
*yay*

VHVXB

Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:34 pm

Quoting JeepBoy (Reply 26):
Sydney ranks number one because it is an iconic city. The world knows Sydney and people want to come and see the place and live here.

As for Melbourne, ha! All the major airlines are pulling out because there is no reason to be there. *yawn* city.

adding fuel to the fire. For me as long as I live in Australia whether it be in Melbourne, Sydney, Darwin, Broome or Perth I will still be happy. Nothing beats it IMO

Adam T.

Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:10 am

Sydney is just like any big city.......it has problems with overcrowding, crime, etc. However, Sydney I have to say is one of the most beautiful cities i've ever been to.....the waterfront is just gorgeous. If I won the lottery i'd buy a house or a condo right on the harbor.

comorin

Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:17 am

Where the Bloody Hell is Sydney?  Smile

aussie18
Crew

Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:33 am

I'd never leave Sydney for another state but as for ranking it Number 1 in those things i certainly wouldnt agree based on what ive seen......

Quoting JeepBoy (Reply 26):

We cant afford to have anymore people living here,Okay tourists are fine but overpopulated city as it is,we dont have enough resources like power,water etc and infrastructure,Roads,public transport are"nt capable to handle more people living here.

VHVXB

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:29 am

Quoting Aussie18 (Reply 30):
We cant afford to have anymore people living here,Okay tourists are fine but overpopulated city as it is,we dont have enough resources like power,water etc and infrastructure,Roads,public transport are"nt capable to handle more people living here.

True not unless a MAJOR upgrade occurs throughout the whole state.

Milesdependent

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:34 am

Sydney has it's issues, but no way I would want to live anywhere else permanently. Having said that, I have often considered moving to London or New York for a few years with work... But will always come back to Sydney.

As for Melbourne, I've spent a lot of time there. It is more of a cultured city, with its cafes, restaurants, shopping, festivals etc. Also more laid back and some say more sophisticated. People seem friendlier in Melbourne compared to Sydney.

Sydney is without any doubt a more beautiful city than Melbourne - anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves. But Melbourne is probably a more comfortable city in which to live.

Choosing to live in Sydney is like having a super model girlfriend - comes with its problems but definitely worth it. Melbourne is like going out with a chubby but really nice girl next door - definitely a more stable existance but without the excitement  Smile

NAV20

Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:28 am

Quoting VHVXB (Reply 27):
For me as long as I live in Australia whether it be in Melbourne, Sydney, Darwin, Broome or Perth I will still be happy. Nothing beats it IMO

Couldn't agree more - and I can still say that despite having visited almost all the cities covered by the survey, and a lot more besides (and lived in some of them).

However, there's a looming snag.......

Quoting Aussie18 (Reply 30):

As it happens, my career was spent basically planning and building everything from city precincts to entire new towns. It has always been generally accepted in that field that the optimum size for a city is a population of around five million. A city that size can afford 'big city' amenities and services - universities, major hospitals, airports, major retail, live theatre, 'big' industry etc. - while still remaining at a manageable size. Above that size, amenities and services become increasingly over-stretched and that opens to door to social tensions of all kinds, plus inequalities in wealth distribution etc.

Sydney's metropolitan region is already well past the five million point; Melbourne's just reached it. The problem in Australia (South-East Australia, anyway) is that there is nowhere for any further growth to go. The coastal climate is ideal, but the moment you go even a hundred miles inland it begins to get harsh; besides which, the whole Australian lifestyle is based on 'maritime' cities, very few people would want to live too far from the sea or in a small town or city. And the ONLY big maritime cities with temperate climates in the South-East (which is where more than half the Australian population lives) are Sydney and Melbourne.

There is no 'safety-valve' to relieve the pressure on both cities. I fear that they are destined to grow to the point where social/economic problems become endemic, just like almost all 'over 5 million' cities worldwide.

Years back I was part of a professional/academic group which made an effort to persuade the powers-that-be in Canberra to face this problem by planning and starting a new city. Trouble was, a new city requires certain thnigs, including a reasonably level site, reasonable proximity to other large cities to provide the services it will need before it grows to a viable size, a deep-water harbour for trade, good communications all round....

There IS such a site in South-East Australia - the Eden/Bega/Merimbula area. But that happens currently to be a retirement mecca, a holiday area, and one of the most 'radically-conserved' areas in Oz, in terms of national parks etc. Of course, with modern non-polluting industry and rapid-transit systems, the 'multiple roles' - retirement, tourism, and commerce - could be successfully 'managed.' But the local residents would have been about 80% opposed to any such proposal.

Quite a few pollies saw the sense of what we were advocating, but the political difficulties frightened them off, and we got nowhere in the end. I'm too old, and enjoying retirement too much, to re-open the issue now. But I decided to put our longlost idea on here, in case - when the developing 'urban pressures' in Sydney and Melbourne reach even more serious levels - younger people may pick it up and run with it.
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards.." - Leonardo da Vinci

JeepBoy
Topic Author

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:45 am

No i am from Sydney,i have seen some of the other countries and know there would be better cities out their than Sydney

Do you live in the poor part of Sydney? Name the cities?

Contaminated Fish in cooks river,Parramatta River is much better off but compared to places in Africa and Middle East sure there better.

Probo Koala.. google it. Oh can you drink the tap water in these palces?

Trains are slow,overcrowded,Using old trains which still shouldnt be in service cause the new ones their building are delayed because of safety issues etc.....

Slow? Name me any other car based city in the world that has a comprehensive public transport network like Sydney does.

I walk outside my appartment block and there are air conditioned *new* buses every 7 minutes.

jb
*yay*

JeepBoy
Topic Author

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:50 am

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h189/jeep_buggy/cockle%20bay/PICT0121Large.jpg
*yay*

JeepBoy
Topic Author

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:57 am

Melbourne doesn't look like this..

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h189/jeep_buggy/DSC01481Medium.jpg
*yay*

JeepBoy
Topic Author

Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:06 pm

Quoting VH-KCT* (Reply 20):
For a city where everybody seems to think that they are the only example of real Australians, it's pleasing for the rest of us to see that they are ever more disparate to the rest of the country. Full scale race riots, ethnic ghettos, gang violence, dodgy police, extreme talkback radio to fuel it all... only in Sydney.

We never claim to be anything more than *Sydneysiders* we might not give a shit about the rest of Australia, but the rest of Australia is in our wake.

Food for thought eh?

*Lets send western Sydney to Melbourne or Brizvegas, they deserve it*

jb

*yay*
*yay*

aussie18
Crew

Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:21 pm

Quoting JeepBoy (Reply 37):

How about we just deport you....sounds like a better idea!

Quoting JeepBoy (Reply 36):

Million dollar view blocked by palm trees.....

Quoting JeepBoy (Reply 34):
I walk outside my appartment block and there are air conditioned *new* buses every 7 minutes.

Who really gives a stuff what buses you get,Most are still 20+ years old have over Million kms already stated,breaking down in peak times etc.....Same as trains,Millenium trains were full of faults and maintanence problems,Same as the new OSCAR trains being heavily delayed.

JeepBoy
Topic Author

Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:51 pm

Quoting Aussie18 (Reply 38):

How about we just deport you....sounds like a better idea!

Oh so obviously you live in the McMansion suburbs.. Western suburbs, poor areas, westyfield far flung nasty towns..

Every major city in the world has them, we just hide ours via the toll gates on the M5, M4 and M2.

*yay*

jb
*yay*

JeepBoy
Topic Author

Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:54 pm

I just can't help myself.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h189/jeep_buggy/general/awesomesydney2.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h189/jeep_buggy/general/awesomesydney.jpg

And one that I took myself..

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h189/jeep_buggy/general/twintowers.jpg
*yay*

VH-KCT*

Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:00 pm

We never claim to be anything more than *Sydneysiders* we might not give a shit about the rest of Australia, but the rest of Australia is in our wake.

Food for thought eh?

Well nowhere in Australia has there been, nor would there be, racial brawls on such a massive scale like you managed. Nowhere else in Australia is there a requirement to be of certain race in order to go to a public beach. Nowhere else in Australia features such strong ethnic elclaves. Nowhere else in Australia would tolerate such a crooked police force. Nowhere else in Australia is consumerism so strong, and nowhere else in Australia would tolerate such radical media as the Sydney talkback radio stations.

So yeah, we're not like you, and that's something for which we're very thankful. Food for thought, no?
I am The Stig

aussie18
Crew

Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:08 pm

Quoting VH-KCT* (Reply 41):
Nowhere else in Australia would tolerate such a crooked police force.

All that statement is quite true but NSW police force isnt corrupt....okay always few bad cops out there,But media blows it all out to make it seem all corrupt.

Quoting JeepBoy (Reply 40):
I just can't help myself.

With what,posting pics or dribbling crap!

JeepBoy
Topic Author

Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:14 pm

Well nowhere in Australia has there been, nor would there be, racial brawls on such a massive scale like you managed. Nowhere else in Australia is there a requirement to be of certain race in order to go to a public beach. Nowhere else in Australia features such strong ethnic elclaves. Nowhere else in Australia would tolerate such a crooked police force. Nowhere else in Australia is consumerism so strong, and nowhere else in Australia would tolerate such radical media as the Sydney talkback radio stations.

Melbourne had race riots at this years tennis open...

As for talkback radio, only the servants from the western suburbs listen to that rubbish. And we have the tollgates to keep those people in place.

jb
*yay*

aussie18
Crew

Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:21 pm

Quoting JeepBoy (Reply 43):
As for talkback radio, only the servants from the western suburbs listen to that rubbish. And we have the tollgates to keep those people in place.

Haha you keep dribbling more crap,Not being a AM fan myself unless listening to ABC for Live cricket as prefer FM stations but their are plenty of Sydney Siders who listen to talkback and are all the tollgates in the West?Heard of Harbour Bridge??????

VHVXB

Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:29 pm

,Millenium trains were full of faults and maintanence problems

M-set faults have been rectified a long time ago. Work is being carried out throughout the entire suburban network which will allow all these trains to operate on every single line.

Same as the new OSCAR trains being heavily delayed.

OSCAR are already running on the southcoast lines and should start service from Wyong/Woy Woy to Springwood/Richmond mid year or earlier. Other than that CityRail's train are in good working condition in particular K, C, T and M sets. Both K and C sets will see many more years than the current tangara fleet

Quoting Aussie18 (Reply 42):
But media blows it all out to make it seem all corrupt.

True they don't really help the situation they just make it worse.

Nowhere else in Australia features such strong ethnic elclaves

if so where are they??

JeepBoy
Topic Author

Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:31 pm

*yay* sydney

*yay*

JeepBoy
Topic Author

Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:52 pm

*yay*

QFA380

Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:33 pm

Quoting JeepBoy,reply=:

You really don't have to post pictures of Sydney. It's a glamorous city and all but if people want to look at pictures of Sydney they can find them very eaily themselves. Not to mention there's much more to Sydney than the CBD.

kiwiinoz

Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:54 pm

Quoting QFA380 (Reply 48):
You really don't have to post pictures of Sydney. It's a glamorous city and all but if people want to look at pictures of Sydney they can find them very eaily themselves. Not to mention there's much more to Sydney than the CBD.

Yeah. We also don't have to post any pics of aircraft on this site as people should go and find them themselves.

What have you got against pics of Sydney in a Sydney thread???