brettbrett21

Going To American Sports On My Holiday

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:37 am

Hey hey hey

I'll be in San Fran/Seattle/Toronto/New York during March and would love to go to a couple of sporting events, maybe NFL or baseball?

Can anyone give any recommendations during this period, I know very very little about American/Canadian sports so any help would be good!

brett
i'm so excited i wish i could wet my pants!

CastleIsland

RE: Going To American Sports On My Holiday

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:44 am

Quoting Brettbrett21 (Thread starter):
I'll be in San Fran/Seattle/Toronto/New York during March and would love to go to a couple of sporting events, maybe NFL or baseball?

Quoting Brettbrett21 (Thread starter):
I know very very little about American/Canadian sports

Apparently.  Wink

The NFL winds up its season in a week and a half with the Superbowl, and as for baseball, March is time for spring training, so you'll have to head to either Florida or Arizona to catch that.

The NHL is in full swing, however, and that other league where you throw a silly ball through a silly hoop.  Wink
"People don't do what they believe in, they just do what's most convenient, then they repent." - Dylan

beefstew25

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:05 am

You can catch an NBA game. Also, March Madness (NCAA hoops) should be in full swing. You sound like you could be in some areas that will be hosting games.
MLB: Where you are always number one for takeoff.....

ORFflyer

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:22 am

I don't know if you can get to these locations, but here's the start of this year's NASCAR schedule. They're a hell of a lot of fun, and looking at your profile, you'll enjoy yourself for sure.  Big grin

02/10/07 Budweiser Shootout Daytona International Speedway

02/15/07 Gatorade Duel 1 Daytona International Speedway

02/15/07 Gatorade Duel 2 Daytona International Speedway

02/18/07 Daytona 500 Daytona International Speedway

02/25/07 TBD California Speedway

03/11/07 TBD Las Vegas Motor Speedway

03/18/07 TBD Atlanta Motor Speedway

03/25/07 TBD Bristol Motor Speedway

04/01/07 TBD Martinsville Speedway

FlyKev
Crew

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:28 am

I'm going San Fran in early April, and will be hoping to see the Oakland A's (they are at home that week)
The Oakland A's will be playing home games through march 9according to their schedule http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NAS...ule/index.jsp?c_id=oak&m=3&y=2007)

I hope that helps.

Kev.
The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only

fumanchewd

Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:06 am

Quoting FlyKev (Reply 4):
I'm going San Fran in early April, and will be hoping to see the Oakland A's (they are at home that week)
The Oakland A's will be playing home games through march 9according to their schedule

Yes! And you can even take the BART train to the Coliseum from San Francisco to avoid traffic and parking.

But make sure that you enjoy the ambiance of the ecletic and sophisticated atmoshpere surrounding the stadium! It really is a beautiful neigborhood.  Wink

Seriously though...

http://www.bart.gov/stations/quickPlanner/quickPlanner.asp#
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey...