Jaws707
Topic Author

Interesting Post About Why Girls Are Weird...

Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:47 am

So about 3-4 weeks ago I met this girl at a bar. We hit it off pretty well, so exchanged phone#'s. I called her up after a couple of days, and we have been talking pretty frequently since. She actually calls me or text messages me more often then I contact her. The only problem is that we have not gone out yet. I asked her out of few times, but each time she claims to be busy with work. She works as a social workers "family counsler" and I realize the hours are unpredictable and she is busy, but I find it insane we have not been able to get together for a couple of hours, I wouldn't mind doing something low key like going to Starbucks for a cup of coffee. I was even telling her the other night that I am forgetting what she looks like (havent seen her in 3.5 weeks.) She seems nice and I think we have a lot in common, but I don't think there is anything else I can do.
I am busy as well as I work full time and go to grad school part time, but I still have plenty of time to hang out. I find it incredible that we have not been able to go out. Today I sent her a text asking what she's doing later, but probably will not hear back till late tommarow night. She has this weird tendency to call me on Sat nights, after not talking on Thur/Fri, she'll call me Sat and during the course of the week.
I never knew it was so difficult for 2 people to go out on a date. The theory is quite simple, if they like each other, they go out again, if not, at least they tried and moved on. No big deal, or at least theoretically shouldn't be a big deal.

Cadet57

RE: Interesting Post About Why Girls Are Weird...

Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:53 am

Quoting Jaws707 (Thread starter):
The theory is quite simple,

Exactly. Its like this:

duck   Wink
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

desertjets

Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:06 am

I've been in a similar situations before with women.... and while there maybe mutual interest, this girl simply doesn't have the time to be involved or is not into you as much as you think she is.

Simple answer is it is time to give it up and move on.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

rammstein

Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:18 am

but each time she claims to be busy with work.

I suggest to just ignore her for a while and don't ask her to meet or go out anymore. I know it will be difficult, if you are somehow involved. But plenty of girls are attention seekers and if it will work correctly, it will have the opposite effect: when she will understand you lost somehow interest, she will start to worry  Smile

I don't give any warranty, but for me worked many of times.  Wink

Quoting DesertJets (Reply 2):
Simple answer is it is time to give it up and move on.

Exactly, if she doesn't want to meet, I suggest to simply give up. DON'T LOSE TIME!
He who wishes to be rich in a day will be hanged in a day. --Leonardo Da Vinci

ZKSUJ

Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:08 am

The theory is quite simple, if they like each other, they go out again

Theory and practical as we all know can be very contradicting of each other. All I'm saying is that there may be other reasons why she is resisting thus far.

N864DA

Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:14 am

Yep. The more you are into her, the less she is into you. Likewise, the less you become into her, the more she becomes into you. This is true for any women. Let it go for a while and, if she's interested, she'll do things to try to get you back. Trust me, that's always the case. If she doesn't try to reach you, then she wasn't into you in the first place. The most common mistake is that guys force things to happen when they shouldn't be forced to begin with.

N864DA

WellHung

Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:10 pm

If she wanted to see you, she would have made time. She most likely gave you her number because she didn't want to seem like a bitch. She calls you on Saturday nights because she knows you'll waste your time giving her attention when it would be better spent meeting new girls who are actually interested. Delete the number from your phone promptly and move on. If you think it's her calling, do not answer and do not call her back.