S12PPL
Topic Author

Tony Dungy: We Did It Right As Christians

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:27 pm

Am I the only person who finds it sickening that Tony Dungy accredited the Colts win to being a good Christian????

I am getting sick and damn tired of players, coaches, and owners saying God, or Jesus allowed them to win. Being Christian has nothing to do with winning the damn Super Bowl!!!!! How about the simple fact that your team was better on this particular day???
Next Flights: 12/31 AS804 PDX-MCO 2/3 AS19 MCO-SEA QX2545 SEA-PDX

D L X

RE: Tony Dungy: We Did It Right As Christians

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:31 pm

Yes.
Religion And Its' Role In Sports (by D L X Jan 22 2007 in Non Aviation)

Thank you for posting this. I was expecting him to say it again, as did Irsay. I was a bit surprised that they both amped up their god-talk.

I'm Catholic, and it bothered me. I think it's the wrong message.

Mir

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:31 pm

Got any quotes? There's a difference between thanking God that you won, and saying that the reason that you won is because you were good Christians.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

D L X

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 3):
There's a difference between thanking God that you won, and saying that the reason that you won is because you were good Christians.

It's in the thread title. That was a good characterization of his statement. He didn't say "thank God we won" or anything like it.

EWRCabincrew

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:37 pm

If a team loses, do they blame Jesus or God, then? I didn't realise that God and/or Jesus took sides in sporting events. Do they place bets then, since they know the outcome? They'd do great in Vegas or Macau for betting.

So, if a team wins, then actually doing better, being the better team, performance, the practice before the actual game doesn't matter. It was God's or Jesus' will for that particular team to win.

I never knew that.
You can't cure stupid

L-188

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:37 pm

Quoting S12PPL (Thread starter):
Am I the only person who finds it sickening that Tony Dungy accredited the Colts win to being a good Christian????

Yes, you are.

Like it or not but a persons belief system often has a major effect on how they operate.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

padraighaz

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:38 pm

No.

fr8mech

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:42 pm

OK, so what?

If he truly believes it was his 'good Christianity' that led to the win, so what? You're offended, why?

I'm a eastern Orthodox Christian, and I could give a darn whether he thinks his team won because of his pious faith or because the Bears are a bunch of Satanists. It was a good game, up until the last 10 or so minutes.

[Edited 2007-02-05 06:44:55]
When seconds count...the police are minutes away.

Coz

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:44 pm

I am getting sick and damn tired of players, coaches, and owners saying God, or Jesus allowed them to win. Being Christian has nothing to do with winning the damn Super Bowl!!!!! How about the simple fact that your team was better on this particular day???

They won the superbowl, let them say what they want.

It's a free country and if you don't like what someone says on the TV, change the channel or turn it off.

jpetekyxmd80

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:46 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 7):

Yes, you are.

With numerous people echoing his sentiment in this thread, how could you even say that...?

I do find it a bit sickening when they take it to that next level of not only thanking God for the opportunity, but acreditting him with the outcome!
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

Coz

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:47 pm

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 10):
When he said that crap...EVERYONE in the room at the party I was at groaned and rolled their eyes.

Well that's a fair survey.  Yeah sure

S12PPL
Topic Author

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:49 pm

What I want to know....

How much do they get for accrediting a win to God or Jesus by the church? It's like they have some incentive for saying it...

Or they think they'll get into heaven for thanking God for the win...

Then they go out to the bar and do a line of cocaine off a strippers ass. I guess that's gonna get them into heaven, too.

padraighaz

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:51 pm

Quoting Fr8mech (Reply 10):
If he truely believes it was his 'good Christianity' that led to the win, so what? You're offended, why?

My guess is there are Christians who object to this because it suggests the following issues:

1. the losers were less christian in some sense

2. that the divine gets involved in picking sides in american entertainment

3. all the while sitting idly by while people starve in Darfour (sp?) etc.

and so on.

kalakaua

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:58 pm

No.

How about the simple fact that their team were better on this particular day because of their positive faith.
Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion.

D L X

Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:05 pm

Quoting Kalakaua (Reply 13):
How about the simple fact that their team were better on this particular day because of their positive faith.

So, the Colts were better because they believed, while the Bears didn't?

This would be particularly offensive if Rex Grossman is Jewish.

kalakaua

Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:19 pm

Well, it's psychological. I'm not saying you have to have the Christian faith. Faith and religion are different, bud.
Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion.

dragon-wings

Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:26 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 2):
Got any quotes? There's a difference between thanking God that you won, and saying that the reason that you won is because you were good Christians.

-Mir

Not specifically saying they won is because you were good Christians but he did say...........

"I'm proud to be the first African-American coach to win this," Dungy said during the trophy ceremony. "But again, more than anything, Lovie Smith and I are not only African-American but also Christian coaches, showing you can do it the Lord's way. We're more proud of that."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6...ontentId=6441002&MSNHPHCP>1=9131
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

EA CO AS

Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:34 pm

Quoting Dragon-wings (Reply 16):
Not specifically saying they won is because you were good Christians but he did say...........

"I'm proud to be the first African-American coach to win this," Dungy said during the trophy ceremony. "But again, more than anything, Lovie Smith and I are not only African-American but also Christian coaches, showing you can do it the Lord's way. We're more proud of that."

OH HORRORS!  sarcastic 

There are things in this world far more worthy of being offended by. Let it go.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

S12PPL
Topic Author

Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:43 pm

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 17):
OH HORRORS!

There are things in this world far more worthy of being offended by. Let it go.

Probably...But this is another example of Christian nut jobs who think that because they have a strong faith, nothing bad can happen to them, and they will be rewarded with crap. It's ridiculous.

D L X

Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:44 pm

OH HORRORS!

There are things in this world far more worthy of being offended by.

Would you say that if you were Jewish or Muslim? There were Jewish and Muslim players on the field that day that probably would be offended by a coach saying "we're going to do things here as Christians."

They're probably very surprised, thinking that they were going to a football game, not church.

san747

Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:05 pm

Are you kidding? Dungy actually said that? Geez, I already hate him and the Colts...

America- get it straight. Sports and sports events are not and should not be religious in nature. They are recreational and are a pastime for us, not a ritual of some kind in which being more "Christian" will give you an advantage and God will be proud if you thank him for the win.

Take sports as they are- entertainment and organized competition. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm sorry if that offends people, but sports are a purely secular concept.
Scotty doesn't know...

davestanKSAN

Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:14 pm

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 18):
Probably...But this is another example of Christian nut jobs who think that because they have a strong faith, nothing bad can happen to them, and they will be rewarded with crap. It's ridiculous.

Uhm Mr. Dungy has had plenty bad things happen to him. He's said his faith in God has helped him overcome them.

I don't think he meant "we won because we are Christian" but he was saying that he was proud that he stuck to his values and still attained success. Mr. Dungy and Mr. Smith are two of the most classiest coaches you will find, not because they are Christian, but because of the way they carry themselves on and off the field.

I'll say this. Everybody's relationship with God is different.

Quoting D L X (Reply 19):
Would you say that if you were Jewish or Muslim? There were Jewish and Muslim players on the field that day that probably would be offended by a coach saying "we're going to do things here as Christians."

I am half Jewish and I wasn't offended by Mr. Dungy's remarks. I'll bet you some players on the Colts aren't Christians. Does that mean he wants to kick them off the team?? Look what he said: "but also Christian coaches, showing you can do it the Lord's way. We're more proud of that." He is saying he is proud he stuck to his morals and values. I can see how one can interpret that literally but IMO I think he meant it differently.

Didn't we already have this thread, D L X?? haha  silly 

Dave
Yesterday we've sinned, today we move towards God. Touch the sky....love and respect...Safe Star!

EA CO AS

Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:43 pm

OH HORRORS!

There are things in this world far more worthy of being offended by.

Would you say that if you were Jewish or Muslim?

I think ANYONE - regardless of religion or ethnicity - could agree that there are far worse things in this world to complain about than a coach citing his religion on TV.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

jaysit

Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:43 pm

Quoting DavestanKSAN (Reply 21):
I'll bet you some players on the Colts aren't Christians.

And I bet you that you aint gonna find one Buddhist, Hindu, Jew, Muslim or Taoist on the team.

They're probably all Christian, unless if by Christian one means the born again holy rollers who've hijacked that term for themselves.

In any case, who cares? If this dude believes that he won because God took sides, then let him believe what he wants to believe.

I mean, Tom Cruise believes that aliens from the planet Xenu arrived on earth in DC-8s; Dungy believes that God was on his side; Pat Robertson talks to God. They're all nuts. At least Dungy hasn't (as yet) jumped on Oprah's couch or claimed to predict major weather patterns in the US.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

QXatFAT

Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:35 pm

Get over all of yourselfs. You guys are so quick to shoot down any Christian who gives glory to OUR God. You guys are the ones that sicken me with your over blown ego selfs. Let the man say what he wants to say. He at least shows humility in that its not just himself that can make things happen. If you were in his shoes you would probably be self gloating because you are self centered people. Get over it!

I respect both coaches very much for expressing their faith without worrying about what people like you guys say. Its people like you guys who make the problems. Not us Christians. If you only let people speak what they wanted without having to always bicker about he cant say that or im fed up with it, then the world might actually be a better place. You dont see us Christians bashing you guys all the time when you guys like to say "thats all me...Im the bomb...gotta look out for number one." Its your self-centerdness that brings the people around you down.

Thank you Tody Dungy for showing humility and giving praise to God.
Don't Tread On Me!

kalakaua

Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:25 pm

Being Christian is a lifestyle!

Discrediting someone's faith is like taking away the paintbrush away from a painter.

Thanks for the double-standards, folks.

deltagator

Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:09 pm

Perhaps my Bible history is wrong but I swear I remember something attirbuted to Jesus about just going on with your daily business leading a Christian life and not tooting your horn about it all in the way some other faith at the time, perhaps the Jewish folks or some other group (again, my history is foggy here) did with their temples and oppulent lifestyle. I'm all for a simple kneel down in the endzone and a quick prayer but going on about how God helped you win just grates on me a little bit.

Quoting D L X (Reply 14):
So, the Colts were better because they believed, while the Bears didn't?

Well his dad is a doctor so you do the math.  Wink Just kidding. I don't believe he is Jewish but it wouldn't matter if he was.

I'm suprised he brought up the whole black coach thing given how he and Lovie both downplayed it during the 2 week buildup. I've had an assload of every damn sportscast going into great detail about the coaches being black. Who gives a rat's ass? How about they got there because they were just good coaches...not good coaches who also are black? There's a crazy idea.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

rammstein

Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:15 pm

I don't find it sickening, in my opinion any person that thinks "We won because we are good Christians":
1) Didn't understand anything about Christianity;
2) Is an idiot.
He who wishes to be rich in a day will be hanged in a day. --Leonardo Da Vinci

vikkyvik

Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:29 pm

Wasn't it Tony Dungy's son who died last year (or sometime recently)?

I'm sure that wasn't a good thing for him.

Quoting QXatFAT (Reply 24):

Damn, take it easy man. And nice generalizations.

If there are, they are more than welcome to speak out and present their side of the story, just as Tony Dungy presented his.

~Vik
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

Pope

Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:58 pm

Just one more example that the only religion that the left seeks to destroy is Christianity. Heck if Dungy had praised Allah (peace be upon him) any S12PPL had posted the same thread, he'd be banned for a year from this forum.

He's entitled to his own opinion. If you find it sickening, that says more about you than anything else.
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

D L X

Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:03 pm

Get over all of yourselfs. You guys are so quick to shoot down any Christian who gives glory to OUR God. You guys are the ones that sicken me with your over blown ego selfs. Let the man say what he wants to say.

Well, that's a broad BS statement. I let any man say what they want to say, including you, and if that man says something offensive or incorrect, I tell them that. Why don't you just "let me say what I want to say?" The answer is because you have an opinion about what I said, just like I have an opinion about what Dungy said.

And what's with this "OUR" God thing?

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 28):
If there are, they are more than welcome to speak out and present their side of the story, just as Tony Dungy presented his.

That would be just great! What would Mushin Mohammed say? "As a Muslim, I'm personally offended when Dungy and Irsay suggest that being Christians is what brought the Colts a win. Is he trying to suggest that if I were Christian, I'd have had a better game?"

Quoting Kalakaua (Reply 25):
Discrediting someone's faith is like taking away the paintbrush away from a painter.

Thanks for the double-standards, folks.

I have no idea how this is a "double standard", nor have I any idea how this is discrediting Dungy's faith.

If a person said "I'm a Christian, and so I believe that Christ died on a square while traveling through China," I am going to say something to correct him. That statement is a mischaracterization of the faith. That's obvious enough right? So, why is it not allowed that I not allowed to say something when I believe he is mischaracterizing the faith in other ways?

gunsontheroof

Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:11 pm

Quoting Pope (Reply 29):
Just one more example that the only religion that the left seeks to destroy is Christianity.

Yeah...because "the left" is so much more of a driving force in the world than Christianity...I think you're confusing the goal of destruction with the challenging of conventions.

It's always interesting for me to hear people whose world view is predicated on the belief that God has some kind of "divine plan" limiting their praise to situations in which they've succeeded. I seriously doubt that Dungy would have made a similar comment (i.e. "we lost because it was the lord's will and it is good") had the Colts not won the Superbowl. Surely, as a "good" Christian he gives praise to his God every day regardless of what how favorable its outcome was to him as an individual, but it's nonetheless interesting to note the selective public praise.

rammstein

Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:25 pm

Quoting Pope (Reply 29):

Just one more example that the only religion that the left seeks to destroy is Christianity.

The left is trying to "destroy Christianity"?  Yeah sure I have to take note about this  Wink

Instead of "the left" (what is "the left" by the way? Congratulations for the generalization), I would be more suspicious about people putting words in God mouth, e.g. "God wanted this", "We are acting in the name of God", "God bless this", "God bless that".

God has better things to do than bless sport matches.  Yeah sure
He who wishes to be rich in a day will be hanged in a day. --Leonardo Da Vinci

nkops

Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:44 pm

You are aware what happened to Dungy's son, right??
:evil:

dl021

Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:47 pm

Probably not.....but who cares?

I am getting sick and damn tired of players, coaches, and owners saying God, or Jesus allowed them to win

OK...then stop watching.

Being Christian has nothing to do with winning the damn Super Bowl!!!!!

How do you know?

Quoting D L X (Reply 1):

That's fair. I don't know if I agree or not, but that's a fair comment.

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Reply 4):

If a team loses, do they blame Jesus or God, then?

Probably not, but that's how religion works. If you do it right then it's God's allowing you to do it, if you do it wrong then it's because you did it wrong in spite of God helping. Sort of like with my ex-wife.

Quoting L-188 (Reply 5):
Like it or not but a persons belief system often has a major effect on how they operate.

True that.

Quoting Fr8mech (Reply 7):
OK, so what?

precisely...

Quoting Fr8mech (Reply 7):
If he truly believes it was his 'good Christianity' that led to the win, so what?

even more precisely....

Quoting Coz (Reply 8):
They won the superbowl, let them say what they want.

Hell yeah!!! It's their party and they'll proselytize if they wanna!

Quoting Coz (Reply 8):
It's a free country and if you don't like what someone says on the TV, change the channel or turn it off.

Damned skippy....all the people who want raunch and violence on television are always saying that....why don't they let the Christians or whoever say what they want as long as they aren't inciting riot or murder.

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 11):
How much do they get for accrediting a win to God or Jesus by the church? It's like they have some incentive for saying it...

probably nothing....and it's sort of asinine to suggest that they're getting paid for it. I'll bet you'd never say that to the face of any of those men.

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 11):
Then they go out to the bar and do a line of cocaine off a strippers ass.

That's your own fantasy. I'd bet that fewer than 10% of the players went and did that last night.

Quoting Padraighaz (Reply 12):
My guess is there are Christians who object to this because it suggests the following issues:

1. the losers were less christian in some sense

2. that the divine gets involved in picking sides in american entertainment

3. all the while sitting idly by while people starve in Darfour (sp?) etc.

Those actually crossed my mind. To be fair the divine is invoked in most places around the world, it's not just America.

Quoting D L X (Reply 14):

Well, since he was a Gator and most of the Auburn and Georgia nations despise him it'd be ok. Wow...what a trouble seeking statement. If he was a transvestite pre-op would it be even more offensive? How about if he was Martian? Let's look for reasons to be offended by people expressing their religious sentiment.

I'm surprised that you did not bring up Musin Muhammed's name and express that he was probably offended by that because God picked the Colts over the Bears because he's Muslim....or did you forget him because he's black?  Wink

I think that's a man expressing his pride and happiness at being a winner on his own terms. There's nothing wrong with saying you are happy to show that you can win doing things in what you consider to be the right manner, especially when you don't hurt anyone doing it.

Besides...how many of you have had the same last 14 months this guy has? It would be no surprise that, if he wasn't already that strongly associated with his religion, he would grow closer to help him and his family deal with the fallout from his son's suicide.

Tony Dungy deserved that win. Peyton Manning deserved that win. The Irsay family deserved that win.

They can all say what they want, whether I agree with any of it or not. Same goes for the Bears....

hell, same goes for S12PPL....even if he's trying to express his rage that they're expressing their happiness.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

Superfly

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:12 am

Church, sports, it's all entertainment.
Bring back the Concorde

Falcon84

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:13 am

Another big waster of bandwith by people who can't stand people who acknowledge their faith and their God.

Get a life, people.
Work Right, Fly Hard

MSYtristar

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:27 am

Oh no, a coach who lost his son to suicide last year got emotional after winning the Super Bowl and mentioned god! The horror! The shock!

You people who take offense to that need to go get a CAT scan or something. Seriously.

It was an emotional time for him, and I applaud him for saying what he believes. Is someone saying "doing it the Lord's way?" really that offensive? If it is, that's sad.

Everyone can believe what they choose to, obviously. But this here is much ado about nothing. Sorry.

N666FU

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:34 am

Listen let's just end this nonsense right now. God likes the Colts and the Bears. The only team that God doesn't like is the Eagles.  Wink

Quoting D L X (Reply 1):

I'm Catholic and it didn't bother me at all. Get over it.

Quoting Pope (Reply 29):

Fix your tinfoil hat, it's tilting to the side.  Yeah sure

If this is the kinda thing that bothers so people, then this country is in sad, sad shape.

He was thanking God for his blessings. After everything that man has gone thru, I think he's entitled to it.

A lot of you need to knock this crap off and get a life.
KEPT DELTA OUR DELTA! Ask USAirPlatinum about it!

ltbewr

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:40 am

To credit a belief in Christian faith for your win is taking a very narrow view of the world. I am quite sure there are a number of non-Christians on both teams, (like Mushin Muhammad, Chicago WR who I suspect is a Muslim) and such comments may be insulting to non-Christians. Having a strong faith belief can help one, but it cannot be a crutch, nor an excuse or reason for what happens. God has more important things to be concerned about. I agree that one can say their faith helps them in their lives, but when you overplay your faith beliefs, that is a sin too, as saying your better than non-believers.

You also have many players who may be non-practicing in their faith, rarely go to services, or not religious at all. Then you have players who abuse their bodies with drugs to keep playing, abuse women sexually and physically, drink excessively or use illegal drugs, drive drunk/drugged, are violent off the field (like the one Bears players facing gun and related charges) and so on, yet we cheer them on the field.

Tom in NO

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:46 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 35):

I betcha I can come up with a few Jehovah's Witnesses and regulars at Harrah's Sports Book whose opinions might differ  wink  ...

Quoting N666FU (Reply 38):
He was thanking God for his blessings. After everything that man has gone thru, I think he's entitled to it.

Precisely...

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

IFEMaster

Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:16 am

My word...this again? This was discussed ad nauseum in another thread a couple of weeks ago. Some people just can't let it go, can they? Really, if you don't like what the coach has to say, switch off, turn over, or wear ear muffs so you can't hear. There are much greater things in life to get your panties in a knot over than an NFL coach being unashamed about his beliefs. Get over it.
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

jaysit

Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:56 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 29):
Heck if Dungy had praised Allah (peace be upon him)

Allah watches football???

Dude, you got it all wrong. Jesus watches football, Allah watches soccer.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

PanAmOldDC8

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:17 am

am getting sick and damn tired of players, coaches, and owners saying God, or Jesus allowed them to win. Being Christian has nothing to do with winning the damn Super Bowl!!!!! How about the simple fact that your team was better on this particular day???

That his right whether you like it or not, freedom of speech I believe it is called, if someone told you, you couldn't speak your mind as you are doing now, how would that feel?
Barbados, CWC soon, can't wait

S12PPL
Topic Author

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:57 am

Dude...does your pussy hurt?

Quoting Pope (Reply 29):
Just one more example that the only religion that the left seeks to destroy is Christianity. Heck if Dungy had praised Allah (peace be upon him) any S12PPL had posted the same thread, he'd be banned for a year from this forum.

Holy crap...You've managed to generalize everything. Very nicely done...

Quoting MSYtristar (Reply 37):
Oh no, a coach who lost his son to suicide last year got emotional after winning the Super Bowl and mentioned god! The horror! The shock!

You people who take offense to that need to go get a CAT scan or something. Seriously.

It was an emotional time for him, and I applaud him for saying what he believes. Is someone saying "doing it the Lord's way?" really that offensive? If it is, that's sad.

Everyone can believe what they choose to, obviously. But this here is much ado about nothing. Sorry.

Wow...And you and QXatFAT are the reason I can't stand born again Christians. You think everyone is out to "destroy" "your" religion. Get a clue. Get a life.

QXatFAT

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:18 am

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 44):
Wow...And you and QXatFAT are the reason I can't stand born again Christians. You think everyone is out to "destroy" "your" religion. Get a clue. Get a life.

You cant stand them because we take a stand for what we believe in? Dont set a double standard. You stand up for what you believe in so who cares! And reality check, Christiany is one of the most descriminated religeions. It is done by most other religions as well as everyone who is not part of a religion.

Quoting D L X (Reply 30):
Well, that's a broad BS statement. I let any man say what they want to say, including you, and if that man says something offensive or incorrect, I tell them that. Why don't you just "let me say what I want to say?" The answer is because you have an opinion about what I said, just like I have an opinion about what Dungy said.

And what's with this "OUR" God thing?

First off, OUR God is refering to all of us who are Christians and God is the center of our lifes.

Say what you want to say. I responded in what I wanted to say. Did I tell you to shut up and never talk again because your opinion is invalid? No.
Don't Tread On Me!

PanAmOldDC8

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:20 am

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 44):

Grow up, you are spitting a lot of garbage. His right is to say what he wants is protected under the Constitution and it is called FREEDOM OF SPEECH. I t seems that when anyone says something you people want to jump all over them , but you can say what you want and no one has the right to say anthing. That is where you are wrong and that is where your arguement will fail, because you deny people their rights, but that is fine, as long as you have yours is that not so? You remind me of my 5 year old grand daughter, when she can''t get her way she pouts and carries on, maybe we should treat you like her and send you to your room. I don't mean this in anyway as an insult, but to show you that people are entitled to their beliefs and the right to state them if they feel so desired. Just as you and I have done,
Barbados, CWC soon, can't wait

HeavyMX1

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:29 am

Do you know what I'm sick and tired of?

People always complaining about what other people say and believe.

You do your thing and I'll do mine.

Why do people think thier way is always the right one and have to complain about the other.

Everyone just needs to get over themselves and move on.

Let everyone be thier own person.

I'm done ranting now.
I am better than you because I live on an Island

mbmbos

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:39 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 35):

LOL!

Now if we could only get Christians and lions into the same sport stadium...

Superfly

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:40 am

Quoting MBMBOS (Reply 48):
Now if we could only get Christians and lions into the same sport stadium...

..and all other religious zealots.
Bring back the Concorde