PanAmOldDC8
Topic Author

Hospital Van Drops Man Off In Skid Row

Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:56 pm

A hospital van from Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center dropped a sick man off on skid row, with only a dirty hospital gown and a broken colostomy bag. A passer by took the number and reported it to police
It is a shame that money is the begin all and end all of hospitals. This poor man will suffer because of some person inability to care about another human being
Barbados, CWC soon, can't wait

aloges

RE: Hospital Van Drops Man Off In Skid Row

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:06 pm

Quoting PanAmOldDC8 (Thread starter):
It is a shame that money is the begin all and end all of hospitals.

Not just of hospitals... do you have a link, btw?
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

KaiGywer
Crew

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:08 pm

Paraplegic allegedly 'dumped' on skid row
L.A. police say man was dropped off in front of dozens of witnesses by van linked to Hollywood Presbyterian hospital.

A paraplegic man wearing a soiled hospital gown and a broken colostomy bag was found crawling in a gutter in skid row in Los Angeles on Thursday after allegedly being dumped in the street by a Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center van, police said.

The incident, witnessed by more than two dozen people, was described by police as a particularly outrageous case of "homeless dumping" that has plagued the downtown area.

Source: Los Angeles Times
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

ltbewr

Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:47 pm

This is an example of the terrible state of medical care in the USA today. This man apparently came from a hospital that is controlled by a religious organization and like many such hospitals, they are probably being overwhelmed financially with the health care needs of the poor and illegals. This man should have been transferred with dignity to a governmental (city, state, county) run hospital or nursing facility not just dumped onto a city street. I do hope the Los Angeles County Prosecutor goes after the hospital and their managers for their act here.

AsstChiefMark

Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:56 pm

Like other strange stories, there has to be more to this one. I'll bet the untrained van driver was offended by the odor of the broken colostomy bag. I'm sure we'll find the driver was "affected" in some way.

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

PanAmOldDC8
Topic Author

Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:45 am

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 3):
I do hope the Los Angeles County Prosecutor goes after the hospital and their managers for their act here.

One of the bosses at the hospital said that this is not their policy and they are going to have a full investigation into the matter. It was probably the decision of the driver to do what he did. As mentioned by AsstChief Mark above a lot of things could have caused it, so let's wait for the police to do their investigation before we jump all over the hospital. If it is them than they should feel the weight of the law. Most staff in hospitals are very caring and helpful, I know from all my visits there for Radiation and all things related to cancer, however there are some in hospitals that are not so nice, but few and far between
Barbados, CWC soon, can't wait