fca767

Getting From Geneva Airport To Geneve Eaux Vives

Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:49 am

Well i have my train tickets booked from geneve eaux vives to annecy oh yeah and offcourse the flights from MAN to GVA offcourse. And when i get to GVA at 9:30am i have 3 hours until my train so how do i get to geneve eaux vives and what could i do while i wait  Smile . This is my first time to switzerland, 2nd time on jet2 and first time flying back on EZY so a trip report will be called for. And you know what i have a camcorder with sound so no more shakira music although i do love her and her music Big grin

ANother

RE: Getting From Geneva Airport To Geneve Eaux Viv

Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:01 pm

Here's a link (mostly in French) to the public transport site http:www.tpg.ch . Basically you can take the #10 from the (Aeroport) to downtown, and the #17 tram to the (Gare Eaux-Vives). Or, if you don't have too much stuff there are a number of bus/trams that do go to the station but stop on the Route de Chene - not even a 2 minute walk. However you need swiss coins to pay for your ticket. Don't think you can use a credit card in the machine.

I just noticed that there is an English tab too.

What to do? St. Pierre Cathedral in the old town. Climb the stairs to the tower, fabulous view. Visit the site underneath, thousands of years history. Visit your money at one of the private Swiss banks.

Unless you are very rich - do not take a Taxi. It would be at least CHF50 from the airport to Eaux-Vives! Probably more than your plane ticket.

[Edited 2007-02-12 09:03:19]

BA

RE: Getting From Geneva Airport To Geneve Eaux Vives

Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:12 pm

Don't expect too much from Gare des Eaux Vives. It's a pretty small and rundown neglected station that does not even come close to following Swiss standards.

It's infact not a Swiss station. It's owned and operated by SNCF and is only served by SNCF regional trains.

The station will be redeveloped in the future together with SBB CFF FFS as part of the CEVA link project (Cornavin - Eaux Vives - Annemasse) that will allow thru trains going from Cornavin station (Genève's main station, owned and operated by SBB CFF FFS) all the way to Annemasse and beyond (such as Annecy and Évian-les-Bains).

Annecy is a cute little town with some very nice medieval architecture.

Genève is a beautiful city known for its very cosmopolitan character due to its many ethnic groups and its many international organizations (such as the UN European headquarters and Red Cross).
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

fca767

RE: Getting From Geneva Airport To Geneve Eaux Vives

Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:26 am

Thanks both of you  Smile Can i walk to geneve eaux vives but then again i can just get a few swiss francs. I'll try climbing the tower thanks  Smile