FighterPilot
Topic Author

Anyone Here From Sault Ste. Marie Canada?

Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:28 pm

Anyone here from Sault Ste. Marie Canada, or going to Sault College? I'm planning on taking their aviation course next fall.

Cal  airplane 
*Insert Sound Of GE90 Spooling Up Here*

A346Dude

RE: Anyone Here From Sault Ste. Marie Canada?

Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:41 pm

Well, I'm not from the Soo but I have been there a few times (nice little town, IMO). One of the guys in my engineering program went through the aviation program at Sault College before coming to my school. If I understand correctly, you can get a full CPL for around $10,000?
You know the gear is up and locked when it takes full throttle to taxi to the terminal.

FighterPilot
Topic Author

RE: Anyone Here From Sault Ste. Marie Canada?

Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:08 pm

Quoting A346Dude (Reply 1):
nice little town, IMO

Yeah nice town, I've been through a couple of times.

Quoting A346Dude (Reply 1):
If I understand correctly, you can get a full CPL for around $10,000?

I think it's a little more, factoring in residence, food etc. But around there.

I'm pretty excited, it's either Sault, or Confederation College that I will be going to. With Sault it's a 3 year course and I grad. with my CPL and Multi-IFR. With Con it's a 2.5 year course where I'd get my CPL and Float endorsement. I'm still deciding where to go, but I'm leaning towards Sault as I know someone I can take a 50hr float course from for a reasonable price. And yeah, once I grad. the Milti-IFR will be kinda useless because I'll have so few hours but i'll have it and probably be taking the float course anyway.

Cal  airplane 
*Insert Sound Of GE90 Spooling Up Here*