TedTAce
Topic Author

The Future... Your Prognostications. 'Retirement'

Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:32 am

So I was watching the Dennis Hopper Amerprise finanacial Commercial where he says 'you aren't going to bingo night' and something along the lines of 'we have to re-define retirement'.

Then the thought struck me: I know one of the things I'll want to do is play first person shooters all day long. THEN I realized in horror I'm probably going to suck because my reactions will eventually be slowed.

Now I know I'm not as  old  as ANC or Andy, and I know they are still sharp as tacks (well on most days anyway) so I know I'll have a few good years hammering the punks online in whatever version of FPS is legal at the time.

But it did get me to thinking.. What is my retirement going to look like? Will I be in an old folks home Pwning the other cogers for my last few years? Are we going to spend endless days pontificating about how good Clinton was compared to Bush and vice Versa? Maybe it will be a moot point as I'm convinced I'll get Alzheimer's, but if I don't  scratchchin 
This space intentionally left blank

AsstChiefMark

RE: The Future... Your Prognostications. 'Retirement'

Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:38 am

I'm going to die long before retirement.

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

HAWK21M

Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:12 pm

Eat Well
Sleep Well
Exercise Well
Plan for your Retirement Now by using a Retirement Investment plan.
Mediclaim should be in place.
Keep a few Friends in touch.

regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

ShyFlyer

Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:11 pm

Retirement? Hell, I just want to make it through next week.  crazy 
I lift things up and put them down.

AsstChiefMark

Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:23 pm

Quoting TedTAce (Thread starter):
What is my retirement going to look like?

It's going to be awful for people our age. The Cash Cow and Goose-Golden Egg retirement plans will disappear quicker than we anticipated. We won't be able to afford the housing and luxuries that we planned for. There will be too many of us Baby Boomers for the less-populated younger generations to care for. Our access to health care will be rationed. Add the upcoming energy crises and expensive cost of basic needs to the mess and it's obvious. We're fucked.

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail