LHMark

Study Finds College Kids Are Self-centered Gits

Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:13 am

Another study confirms what we've all known for years.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/EDUCATION/02...lf.centered.students.ap/index.html
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

AsstChiefMark

RE: Study Finds College Kids Are Self-centered Gits

Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:24 am

I'll bet membership in the Young Republicans is way up, too.  Silly

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

searpqx

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:29 am

Hmm, they obviously read a.net as part of their research! Big grin (yes its a joke for the humor challenged)
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity"

davestanKSAN

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:35 am

Quoting Searpqx (Reply 2):
Hmm, they obviously read a.net as part of their research!

Source please.

Oops.

Dave Big grin
Yesterday we've sinned, today we move towards God. Touch the sky....love and respect...Safe Star!

TedTAce

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:53 am

Damn, and we thought the likes of Paris et al are narcisistic. Oh well. hopefully there will be a biright light in the next few months and it will all be over.
This space intentionally left blank

CaptOveur

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:23 pm

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 1):
I'll bet membership in the Young Republicans is way up, too.

At my school (UT San Antonio) the college democrats outnumber the college republicans by 10 to 1.. And we haven't even touched on the communist organizations (yes, plural)

I really don't think political affiliation has anything to do with it. I attribute most of it to helicopter parents who turn their kids into whiney little bitches who can't think for themselves and go through life with an Ipod shoved in their ears. They got everything they wanted growing up, so when it's time to be an adult and not always get their way it really causes problems.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

bill142

Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:43 pm

I keep telling everyone, generation Y should be renamed named the Me me me generation, but no one listens.
You're all forgetting it's about me.

N231YE

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:12 am

Quoting CaptOveur (Reply 5):
I attribute most of it to helicopter parents who turn their kids into whiney little bitches who can't think for themselves and go through life with an Ipod shoved in their ears. They got everything they wanted growing up, so when it's time to be an adult and not always get their way it really causes problems.

I agree with that big time. At the high school I grew up with, there were the helicopter mom "cliques" that always had their nose in the air, thought being a member of the PTA was important, and had the "oh, my child would never do that" sort of attitude.

Here in college, those snobs are nothing.

...Maybe one could add how spanking and real discipline has gone by the wayside, in favor of the slap on the wrist, promoted by so called "psychologists."