dc-9-10

Question About FLL And Rental Cars

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:18 am

I am traveling to FLL for Spring Break/Look at a law school and I have a quick question about the airport and one about rental cars.

First I am not renting a car right away when I arrive in FLL but later in that week (Sunday) I will be renting a car and I was wondering if it is possible to come back to the airport and get a rental car and if it is, how do you go about that. The one thing I know is that FLL has a common rental car area.

Secondly I am a "young" driver (22) and all rental car companies had an additional charge for drivers under 25. The only rental car company that gives me the rate right up front is Enterprise and there rate is an extra $30 for the whole rental (not daily) does any one know if the flat charge is normal for companies or is a daily charge more of the industry norm.

Thanks

JBLUA320

RE: Question About FLL And Rental Cars

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:22 am

As for the first question... you'd just go to the central area to the company for which youve made your reservation (specifying pick up and drop off at FLL) and you'll be fine. The cars are all accessible in an adjacent garage to the company counters; its really easy, and has easy access to US1.

JBLU

futuresdpdcop

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:26 am

Most companies charge the under age fee everyday. You might want to look at Enterprise off the airport property. The neighborhood locations usually have better rates. As far as the underage fee, I don't get charged (and I am 24, been renting since 21) at the neighborhood locations, but the Enterprise airport locations want to charge for the underage fee.

dc-9-10

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:32 am

Yeah, I looked at all the city location areas but none of them but one are open on Sunday and the one that is doesn't open early enough in the morning on the day that I leave. But I am going to tinker around the webpage and if all else fail I will call them to see if I can't pick up at the store and leave at the airport. Thanks to all.

Dc-9-10

TransWorldSTL

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:35 am

Quoting Dc-9-10 (Thread starter):
First I am not renting a car right away when I arrive in FLL but later in that week (Sunday) I will be renting a car and I was wondering if it is possible to come back to the airport and get a rental car and if it is, how do you go about that. The one thing I know is that FLL has a common rental car area.

Secondly I am a "young" driver (22) and all rental car companies had an additional charge for drivers under 25. The only rental car company that gives me the rate right up front is Enterprise and there rate is an extra $30 for the whole rental (not daily) does any one know if the flat charge is normal for companies or is a daily charge more of the industry norm.

You should definitely be able to go to the new car rental facility whenever you want... But, a lot of companies won't rent to people under 23 (company policy, and sometimes it's because of the law), so make sure you call ahead.