futuresdpdcop

Have You Ever Experimented With Drugs?

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:14 pm

I have. I have smoked weed 4 times, 3 times in high school and once in freshman year in college.

I'm hoping that when I apply to the police department, they don't deny me for that reason. It was only done as experiencing it. Have no desire to do anything else, or hang out with those that do.

[Edited 2007-03-02 04:45:17]

WellHung

RE: Have You Ever Experienced With Drugs?

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:17 pm

Pot is just a starter drug. Come back when you've tried some 'real' stuff.  Wink

AirCop

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:31 pm

No,just one of life experiences that I chose to pass on. I saw an article in the SF Chronicle earlier this week, that Canada was now denying entry to individuals that have been convicted of possession of marijuana (the article example was someone who was busted 30 years ago and individuals convicted of DUI). Just go to show you one error in judgment can cause problems for you years down the road.

ANCFlyer

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:35 pm

Nope.

Unless you count standing a tad too close to a burn barrel behind the station warehouse.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

WestJetYQQ

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:42 pm

Not at all! I am almost 100% positive I am the least experienced with drugs than almost every user of this site. If you want to go for the technical term of a drug, which is anything that alters the sate of your mind or body, I have only done things like Pain Killers and Tylenol. I have never even gotten drunk off my ass!

Hehe,..............I suck  Wink

Cheers
Carson
Will You Try to Change Things? Use the Power that you have, the Power of a Million new Ideas.

allstarflyer

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:43 pm

Quoting AirCop (Reply 2):
Just go to show you one error in judgment can cause problems for you years down the road.

eyepopping 

It pays to think ahead.

No for me, as well. Thankfully not much of a desire, ever. After I read some of Larry Elder's points, it makes sense that someone who does drugs doesn't believe in him/herself.

-R
Living the American Dream

AeroWesty

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:43 pm

Did you mean "experimented"?  Smile

I don't know if it was luck of the draw, or what, but drugs seemed to have passed me by unless they came in an amber bottle. My sister was a few grades ahead of me, and all her friends were dropping acid like crazy (don't know if she ever did), and those who came after me used to smoke up a storm of pot behind the backstop. When coke came around, I was too busy shoveling money into airline tickets to be distracted with something so mundane as white powder.

Nowadays, I get enough of the fun stuff to hold a week-long party every month, but I'm never tempted to do more than prescribed, it just isn't important. Yeah, I get a better high than others when I drink, but that just goes with the territory. They're gonna have to lock me in a room like in Trainspotting if I ever come off this stuff, but can't for the life of me understand why anyone would consider it fun.
International Homo of Mystery

futuresdpdcop

RE: Have You Ever Experimented With Drugs?

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:46 pm

Yeah, that word. Maybe I was on some drugs when I typed that.

EWRCabincrew

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:46 pm

Pot. Yeeeears ago (20+). Just got more affectionate towards others. With random drug tests, nada now. Not worth my career.
You can't cure stupid

futuresdpdcop

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:47 pm

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Reply 8):
Just got more affectionate towards others.

Define that. Or just PM me if you so desire. Inquiring minds want to know.

LTU932

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:50 pm

I tried pot twice. The first time it made me sick to my stomach and I puked for at least 5 minutes, and the second time it gave me tachycardia, and a real bad case of it. I had to lie down for like an hour before I was back to normal.

That still doesn't change my opinion that marihuana should be legalised. After all, smoking cigarettes does more harm than smoking a joint.

NWA742

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:54 pm

Quoting FutureSDPDcop (Thread starter):
I have. I have smoked weed 4 times, 3 times in high school and once in freshman year in college.

I'm hoping that when I apply to the police department, they don't deny me for that reason. It was only done as experiencing it. Have no desire to do anything else, or hang out with those that do.

Did you get caught? Is it on your record? If not, and they ask if you've ever tried any illegal drugs - it's really your choice to be honest. I think either way that you'd be okay - they'd probably appreciate the honesty.

As for your question - not really. I have never smoked a cigarette or done any illegal substance - I smoked two cigars to date. I also very rarely drink - I hate most beers.

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

stlgph

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:59 pm

i'm just gonna let out a big sigh on this one.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

futuresdpdcop

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:01 pm

Nope, not caught, not on the record. From the rumors I hear, anything under 10 times is considered experimental, and as long as you are honest, it shouldnt disqualify you from the job.

NWA742

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:05 pm

Quoting FutureSDPDcop (Reply 13):
Nope, not caught, not on the record. From the rumors I hear, anything under 10 times is considered experimental, and as long as you are honest, it shouldnt disqualify you from the job.

Yeah - you should be fine. If anything, they'll thank you for your honestly. Glad you have the goal of getting into law enforcement by the way - honorable career.

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

futuresdpdcop

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:06 pm

Thank you very much for those kind words. How is Round Rock. My good friend lives in Pflugerville.

stlgph

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:08 pm

it's not a matter of getting caught

it's a matter of knowing the right people.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

NWA742

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:09 pm

Quoting FutureSDPDcop (Reply 15):
Thank you very much for those kind words. How is Round Rock. My good friend lives in Pflugerville.

You bet.

I'm enjoying it so far - this the new neighborhood I'm currently at, it's very nice:

http://www.teravista.com/

-NWA742

WellHung

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:09 pm

as long as you are honest, it shouldnt disqualify you from the job.

Not to say just smoking weed will disqualify you, but...

A friend of mine took the LAPD test. Dude grew up in Pittsburgh and apparently there was little else to do but drugs. He tried pretty much everything you don't put in a needle. Crack  checkmark  PCP  checkmark  Ice  checkmark  etc... There's no point in on the application since you take a lie detector anyway, so he wrote it all down. Why he even bothered applying, I don't know. A few weeks after the exam he got a letter saying he was eliminated because of prior drug use and listed all the drugs they found objectionable - about 8-10 of them. It's now framed on his wall. Classic stuff.

futuresdpdcop

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:16 pm

Wow!! That looks like a nice place to lay your head. When I come out to Austin, I'll have to let you know.

searpqx

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:18 pm

One of the biggest regrets of my life, I did a lot more than experiment. Somehow I avoided ever getting caught, arrested, etc. I managed to avoid completely destroying my life, by a hair, and those days are now long behind me. These days I do what I can to show at risk kids just what they are gambling by going down that path.
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity"

TheCol

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:31 pm

No, I've never tried drugs.
No matter how random things may appear, there's always a plan.

NWA742

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:33 pm

Quoting FutureSDPDcop (Reply 19):
Wow!! That looks like a nice place to lay your head. When I come out to Austin, I'll have to let you know.

You bet - feel free to visit anytime.

-NWA742

Duff44

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:48 pm

Marijuana contact high from my college roommates, but never done the stuff myself. I HATE smoke...

Quoting WestJetYQQ (Reply 4):
Not at all! I am almost 100% positive I am the least experienced with drugs than almost every user of this site.

I'm pretty close to that... other than the above and getting drunk one time (I nearly choked someone unconscious... I'm an extremely mean drunk which is why I don't drink much), that's it.

That said, I do have some oxycodone (generic Percoset) sitting on my counter right now, prescribed for pain from having a glass shard removed from my foot on Monday. I haven't taken any of it... didn't need it.

All the above is assuming that freebasing caffeine doesn't count as 'drugs' Big grin
I'll rassle ya for a bowl of bacon!

IAH777

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:52 pm

Quoting FutureSDPDcop (Thread starter):
Have You Ever Experimented With Drugs?

I built a scale model meth volcano in junior high.

WestJetYQQ

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:54 pm

Quoting Duff44 (Reply 23):
All the above is assuming that freebasing caffeine doesn't count as 'drugs'

Yes....Caffeine is a different story for me. Not by coffee, but by Pepsi. It has been like a drug to me. Wink
Will You Try to Change Things? Use the Power that you have, the Power of a Million new Ideas.

Kunoichi

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:08 pm

I have never even gotten drunk off my ass!

I am almost 100% positive I am the least experienced with drugs than almost every user of this site

I'd certainly hope so as you are only:

Quoting WestJetYQQ:
13-15

Years old Big grin

Well... I'm constantly on opiates (tramadolhydrochloid, I think it's called. It's similar to morphine, which is extracted from opium)... does that count?  Silly

My cousin used to be a heavy user. She now suffers from schizophrenia due to excessive use of marijuana (yes, it can do that to you). I won't touch it with a barge pole.
"Do you speak fluent Canadian?"

Duff44

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:21 pm

Quoting WestJetYQQ (Reply 25):
Yes....Caffeine is a different story for me. Not by coffee, but by Pepsi. It has been like a drug to me.

No coffee here either... Diet Pepsi. Can't do the real sugared Pepsi... diabetic.
I'll rassle ya for a bowl of bacon!

gunsontheroof

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:24 pm

bigthumbsup 

filler!

GQfluffy

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:27 pm

I went to a 30 Seconds to Mars/Incubus Concert once...had floor seats... Does that count?
This isn't where I parked my car...

rammstein

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:36 pm

Smoked weed and hash in high school, stopped before going to university.

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 10):
That still doesn't change my opinion that marihuana should be legalised. After all, smoking cigarettes does more harm than smoking a joint.

thumbsup 
He who wishes to be rich in a day will be hanged in a day. --Leonardo Da Vinci

oly720man

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:45 pm

Never tried, never interested. The odd glass of wine or whisky/bourbon/armagnac/calvados, etc, probably the only substance abuse.
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

CaptLockheed

Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:02 pm

Cannabis, Hashish, Amphetamines, Cocaine, Ecstacy, LSD, Magic Mushrooms, Heroin, Benzoidiazepines, Chlormethiozole... All to a greater or lesser degree.

Never became a problem belieive it or not but havn't touched anything for 10-15 years tho'. It's something I guess you just grow out of! and drug users are really, really boring!

However nothing will cure my addiction to aircraft..

And nothing has ever made me feel better than just watching my daughter play.. [pauses for people to vomit...]

RobertNL070

Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:04 pm

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 6):
they came in an amber bottle.

Those amber bottles were fun, weren't they? Good for hours of pleasure  spin 
I smoked pot several times, didn't like it and didn't bother anymore.

Robert  bouncy 
Youth is a gift of nature. Age is a work of art.

oli80

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:37 pm

I grew up in the Netherlands, need I say more?  Wink

yowza

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:16 am

I enjoy a relaxing Scotch and a Spliff in the evenings about 3 nights a week. Keeps me loose. I find that is when I am the most creative. I don't consider that an experiment though, it's a system.

I'm also a heavy caffeine user.

YOWza

[Edited 2007-03-02 17:22:05]

kmh1956

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:24 am

It was never an experiment. I used to smoke vast quantities of grass....many many (20+) years ago. I quit after a particularly bad batch which had been treated with some unknown substance and I reacted really badly..paranoia etc.
I'm good now, though.......or I will be as soon as the government stops trying to get me.
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

ConcordeBoy

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:24 am

...might have wanted to specify whether or not you were referring to illegal drugs or not; i.e., anyone who's ever had an alcoholic drink or popped a Tylenol has "experimented with drugs".

As for me, might've smoked a lot of weed back in the day; but that would've been it. Interesting to note, I'm extremely sensitive against cigarette smoke, can't deal with proximity to it at all.
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

funflyer

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:31 am

Quoting Searpqx (Reply 20):
One of the biggest regrets of my life, I did a lot more than experiment. Somehow I avoided ever getting caught, arrested, etc

Wow your lucky, I wish I never got caught but hey it definatly helped Im back on the straight and narrow.
Who cares about status?

WestJetYQQ

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:51 am

Quoting Kunoichi (Reply 26):
I'd certainly hope so as you are only:

Quoting WestJetYQQ:
13-15

Years old Big grin

Haha, Nicely Phrased, Kunoichi. I know A LOT of people my age who have though. My school is pretty much redneck town; well, actually it is. About 75-80% of the school's population smokes, and about 40-50% smokes pot.

It kinda stinks.  Wink

Cheers
Carson

BigOrange

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:39 am

Quoting AirCop (Reply 2):
No,just one of life experiences that I chose to pass on.

Same here.

I tried a cigarette once at the age of about 7 and alsmost choked to death, so I never touched another one, and never felt the urge to try drugs.

I don't even drink that much alcohol any more. Coffee is my only vice but even that's limited to 4 or 5 cups a day and less on weekends!

AsstChiefMark

Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:10 am

Thirty years ago, I tried lighting a bottle of nitroglycerin on fire. Nothing happened.

Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

CHRISBA777ER

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:19 am

Was never really into weed - I did my first pill at 13, and ramped it up until I was doing 10 or 12 Ecstasy pills every time I went out clubbing (every other weekend) for about five years. Usually a gramme of speed or base as well, and latterly lots of GHB and Ketamine. Acid I thought was boring. Mushrooms much more intense but Ket takes the biscuit - absolutely, completely, utterly mental. Mad, mad times. Have tried Crystal Meth and loved it, but smoked crack once and hated it - never did it again. Lucky escape in hindsight...

Still, ten pills, a gramme of base and a gramme of coke every two weeks all boshed in the space of seven or eight hours isnt good. Add a LOT of tequila/sambuca and also heavy poppers usage to a big night out and you get the idea. Frankly i'm amazed I'm still alive. Seen two mates die (one right in front of me when he suffered a massive brain haemorrage and collapsed on the dancefloor), and another mate go to prison for intent to supply. It will come as no shock for you to know that my short-term memory is very bad, I get moodswings and huge, plunging depression, and I am massively in debt. I held down a very good job the whole time, and my family still have no idea about any of it.

Stopped everything but coke about eighteen months ago and stopped coke completely as my New Year's Resolution and have kept to it.

I go to a councillor about it once a week and have attended a rehab walk-in centre.

Been clean for a while now. Things improving, but I shudder to think of the damage I have done myself. Suddenly being a borderline alcoholic doesnt seem so bad.

I drink every day but get really hammered once a week maybe. Luckily its pints of lager and sambuca chasers and not the really heavy stuff but I have a few beers every night when I get home. I know its not a proper alcoholism problem compared to some, but I still dont like going without and get cranky if i dont have a cold one when I get home. I could have stopped the drugs at any point as I was never addicted - it was personal choice, but I would say I am addicted to drinking.

I dont smoke though!  Wink
What do you mean you dont have any bourbon? Do you know how far it is to Houston? What kind of airline is this???

IFEMaster

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:22 am

Yes, but I did not inhale.

Signed,

Bill Clinton
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

trav110

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:23 am

Pot, Cocaine, Klonopin, Xanax, and Valium. Nothing too serious (minus the cocaine), and I never had any interest in doing anything hard as I know that, given my family's history and their addictive tendencies, it wouldn't put me in a good spot. I'm not intersted in trying any of it, on top of the fact. The last 3 were prescriptions, the coke I only tried once (felt great, but coming down was a bitch) and I don't smoke pot very often... It makes me crazy.

AeroWesty

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:42 am

Quoting CHRISBA777ER (Reply 42):
poppers

Oh dear, I forgot all about poppers. Guilty!
International Homo of Mystery

MSYtristar

Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:41 am

It's interesting to note that prior to Katrina, I never did any "drugs". I was always firmly anti-drug. But when I first got back to NOLA, seeing all the devastation...well, it sort of drove me into a small depression I guess you could say, and from September '05 through late October '05, I did anything that people would give me...weed, coke, ecstasy...whatever. Once I decided to accept reality, I stopped doing them. That's not to say I didn't enjoy some of it. But drugs are not terribly important to me, and I'd advise anyone not to use them. Too much risk.

GAIsweetGAI

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 pm

I have- actually I am on drugs at the moment.

Minocycline to be precise, after having been on Tetracycline. (for my acne)
 bouncy 
"There is an art, or rather a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

andrewuber

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:26 pm

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 45):
Oh dear, I forgot all about poppers. Guilty!

shhh  Ahh yes poppers... Make things fun.

I did have one experience with Dilaudid during a shoulder injury. Those things make you trip out BIG TIME - oh my GOD. A penguin was riding on the ceiling fan while I was chilling in my room (how the hell he held on is beyond me). Then a giraffe poked his head in my bedroom window and we had the most interesting discussions about politics and the fluctuations in gas prices...

Ironically - the Dilaudid didn't make the pain in my shoulder go away (although it made me really not give a shit about it). In the end - simple Aleve took care of the pain, and I felt great a few days later.

Otherwise - no smoking or drugs here, and alcohol maybe once every 3 or 4 months!

D r e w
I'd rather shoot BAD_MOTIVE

bagpiper

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:54 pm

Hey, we're in the same boat man  Wink

no drugs for me. Ever. Never really had a chance, either... but I'd refuse if I did have a chance.