Aaron747
Topic Author

Ann Coulter Calls John Edwards 'Faggot' At Cpac

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:54 pm

Raggedy Ann has struck again. This old dog just won't go or stay home  Yeah sure I thought it was generally accepted that we simply don't use slurs in polite society? Then again, as Andrew Sullivan noted, this woman wears what could pass for beach attire to morning interviews.

http://www.mediainfo.com/eandp/news/...play.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003553226

Speaking today at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference CPAC) in Washington, D.C., Coulter closed her remarks with: “I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word ‘faggot,’ so I -- so kind of an impasse, can’t really talk about Edwards.”

Audience members appeared startled, then many clapped, and she opened the floor to questions. The event was carried on C-SPAN.

Democratic Party chief Howard Dean weighed in later: "There is no place in political discourse for this kind of hate-filled and bigoted comments. While Democrats and Republicans may disagree on the issues, we should all be able to agree that this kind of vile rhetoric is out of bounds. The American people want a serious, thoughtful debate of the issues. Republicans -- including the Republican presidential candidates who shared the podium with Ann Coulter today -- should denounce her hateful remarks."

The remarks also drew disapproval from some conservative commentators, such as Michelle Malkin. At her Hot Air site, in addition, regular "Bryan" wrote: "I’m no fan of John Edwards, but that’s just a stupid joke. It’s over the line. The laughter it generated across the room was more than a little annoying. Last year it was 'raghead.' This year it’s calling John Edwards a 'faggot.' Two years in a row, Coulter has finished up an otherwise sharp CPAC routine with an obnoxious slur that liberals will fling at conservatives for years to come. Thanks, Ann."
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Falcon84

RE: Ann Coulter Calls John Edwards 'Faggot' At Cpac

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:56 pm

Just another brick in the wall for Bitter Ann, who never met anyone to her left that she didn't hate.

She's just playing to her base-the lunitics on the far right. No one else takes her crap seriously anymore.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Aaron747
Topic Author

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:08 pm

Absolutely MD, because this is one of the best examples of how poor the state of political discourse actually is. Attention whores like Coulter and Michael Moore shouldn't be invited to these events at all, but organizers keep them coming for obvious reasons. At a time when conservative politics needs clarity and direction, people like her are pulling everything back into the mire.

Some of Andrew Sullivan's comments after having attended the event:

Being a gay man in a crowd that cheers a woman denigrating someone for being a "faggot" is an educative experience. Seeing college kids line up to worship her tore me up. These kids deserve better. They're young and smart enough to be interested in conservatism - and this is what they are getting? From a stage where two presidential candidates just spoke? I guess I've been a bit of a smug ironist who just got mugged by conservative reality.

When you see her in such a context, you realize that she truly represents the heart and soul of contemporary conservative activism, especially among the young. The standing ovation for Romney was nothing like the eruption of enthusiasm that greeted her. One young conservative male told her he was single and asked for her cell-phone number. Other young Republicans were almost overwhelmed in her presence. "When are you going to get your own show?" one asked, tremulously. Then there's her insistence on Christianism as the central message for Republicans: "There are more people voting on Christian moral values than on tax cuts." This from an unmarried woman who wears dresses that are close to bikinis on the morning news. Hey, it's Democrats who are Godless.

Her endorsement of Romney today - "probably the best candidate" - is a big deal, it seems to me. McCain is a non-starter. He is as loathed as Clinton in these parts. Giuliani is, in her words, "very, very liberal." One of his sins? He opposed the impeachment of Bill Clinton. That's the new standard. She is the new Republicanism. The sooner people recognize this, the better.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

AeroWesty

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:11 pm

Yesterday, the Fox Noise Channel was described in another thread here with, "I realize that FOX isn't perfect, but they offer the best mix of viewpoints from both sides."

Ann Coulter is a frequent guest/paid commentator on Fox.

Ergo, to some, the opinion of someone who thinks calling Edwards a faggot is acceptable, is a quality viewpoint that deserves airing.

You know, there are times when things are so obvious, I wonder why people just don't see it.
International Homo of Mystery

thetuna

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:20 pm

Once again politics at it's best! I like the name calling .... Americans are too PC and have their feeling hurt easily
He just ate the big one! Hog!...get away from that thing!! Just get away from it!

prosa

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:28 pm

this woman wears what could pass for beach attire to morning interviews.

Assuming Ann Coulter actually IS a woman.
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

AeroWesty

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:29 pm

Quoting Thetuna (Reply 4):
Americans are too PC and have their feeling hurt easily

So when you turn on the BBC News at night, do they have commentators who call your elected officials "wankers", "poofters", etc. in public?

thetuna

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:40 pm

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 6):
So when you turn on the BBC News at night, do they have commentators who call your elected officials "wankers", "poofters", etc. in public?

I live in the USA right now.
He just ate the big one! Hog!...get away from that thing!! Just get away from it!

FriendlySkies

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:42 pm

Once again politics at it's best! I like the name calling .... Americans are too PC and have their feeling hurt easily

It's not about hurt feelings...John Edwards could probably give a shit what Coulter says. But that kind of immature comment is very unprofessional, especially when speaking after two presidential candidates. It's not name calling, it's slander...

AeroWesty

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:43 pm

Quoting Thetuna (Reply 7):

Well how about when you lived in the UK then (or wherever you're from).

mdsh00

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:46 pm

True but the question still is the same. Is it good practice for a politician (or political hack) to call an opposition MP, etc a "wanker" in public?
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

allstarflyer

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:46 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 1):
Just another brick in the wall for Bitter Ann, who never met anyone to her left that she didn't hate.

Does she have a boyfriend? At least Nancy Grace was with someone in her past (although, during his unfortunate demise). Has she ever had a guy?

-R
Living the American Dream

jpetekyxmd80

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:49 pm

To whom do we owe that honor?  Yeah sure

In your a.net history have you ever had a post of more than one line, let alone a productive or relevant one?

That could make sense to some extent... in some face to face encounters where bullshitting through their teeth is the political norm. However there is nothing positive that comes out of this type of incident. Politics at its best...thats bullshit.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

ltbewr

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:09 pm

Ann is a very sad and sick person. She is nothing but an jerk. Calling someone the (in the USA) the offensive term 'faggot' just because they opposes our war policy in Iraq along with some progressive ideas, is an insult to many peoples intelligence. She seems to have a pathological hate for anyone not a hard core Conservative. Hopefully someday (soon)she will go to far or found to be a hypocrite (like 'conservative' social critic Bill Bennett was found to be into big $$$ legal slot and gaming) and be rejected by the media, even Fox News.

GuitrThree

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:10 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 1):

She's just playing to her base-the lunitics on the far right. No one else takes her crap seriously anymore.

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 3):
Ergo, to some, the opinion of someone who thinks calling Edwards a faggot is acceptable, is a quality viewpoint that deserves airing.

Humm... How is it, that you can give Ann Coulter crap when she calls Pretty Boy John Edwards a faggot, but simply ignore the fact that Joy Behar, from "The View," just this week called GWB and his crew "liars," and more importantly, "murderers."

Hummm??? You "guys," and I say that in quotes, get your "panties," and I again, say that in quotes, in a wad because someone uses the "gay" tag on one of your precious democratic candidates, but then, on a bigger scene, a "Hollywood Type" calls the President of the United States a Murderer, and you don't have a problem with that.

Here is all the links you need:

Text:

http://newsbusters.org/node/11107

Video:

http://newsbusters.org/media/2007-02-28-ABCViewBehar.wmv

Oh.. and you call yourselves "moderates." Yea.. Right..
As Seen On FlightRadar24! Radar ==> F-KBNA5

coleplane

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:11 pm

Americans are too PC

Ah, yes. But do you know who to thank for this?

You have to watch a little of both CNN and FOX to get balance. Anyone want to dispute this?  box 

In my opinon, Ann C. only hurts the conservatives.
"About a nine on the tension scale there Rupe."

L-188

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:12 pm

Dean is a hypocrite.

Howie would have ignored the comments if it had been a democrat that said them
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

AeroWesty

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:14 pm

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 14):
Humm... How is it, that you can give Ann Coulter crap when she calls Pretty Boy John Edwards a faggot, but simply ignore the fact that Joy Behar, from "The View," just this week called GWB and his crew "liars," and more importantly, "murderers."

First I heard of it. I don't sit around watching The View.

Because I think it's equally distasteful. I just don't go around sandbagging people on it.

NASCARAirforce

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:18 pm

Its Ann Coulter... so what? Since when has anything she said been credible anyway? Come on, geez she wrote her autobiography entitled "Godless"

stirling

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:43 pm

Quoting Coleplane (Reply 15):
You have to watch a little of both CNN and FOX to get balance. Anyone want to dispute this?

And lately they've become the 24-hour Anna Nicole Smith channel...any organization that pays so much attention to such a non-event, is suspect in my view. (When did ET-journalism take over mainstream news?)
C-SPAN and PBS if one has time to sit through the un-filtered stream of information....
Delete this User

jpetekyxmd80

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:45 pm

First i've heard of it.....like what was said, we don't all sit around watching the view...

Hummm??? You "guys," and I say that in quotes,

Oh, ouch, good one..

someone uses the "gay" tag on one of your precious democratic candidates

Gay tag? You see this and all you see is gay tag? Wake up. Try using 'black' and the n-word interchangeably to a black person. No seriously, do try.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? It looks like this Joy shit is new to all of us. You wanna talk about it or expect us to talk about it, start a thread yourself.

And do try to have a nice weekend. Remember, only 60 hours til The View.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

NASCARAirforce

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:52 pm

Did anyone catch John Edwards getting his d**k sucked by another man, or doing another homosexual activity? There are NO facts to back it up. Joy Behar has facts to back her claims up about Dubya and his Crime Family being liars and murderers. Dubya lied about the WMD to get us into a war that has killed 3,000+ of our own and another 50,000 or so Iraqis.

Aaron747
Topic Author

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:53 pm

Stunning. The words "liar" and "murderer" aren't slurs. They may be factually inaccurate or slanderous, as the case may or may not be. That's the point here. At an event that should be characterized by serious language and presentation, there's absolutely no place for using slurs. Joy Behar is totally out of Coulter's league of influence anyhow and you know it. She's a nobody talk show host in a time slot only watched by those ill, retired, or breastfeeding.

Anyway, it's indicative from your choice of quotations that you don't find such slurs to be all that reprehensible to begin with, which is more a character fault stemming from lack of proper perspective than anything else.

jimyvr

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:55 pm

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 2):
Attention whores like Coulter and Michael Moore shouldn't be invited to these events at all

At least Michael Moore don't call people faggots.  Wink
1000 - 01MAR07 | http://airlineroute.blogspot.com/

Aaron747
Topic Author

Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:00 pm

No, but he misleads people with his open ear and outstretched hand into giving open and casual opinions, then turns around and ridicules them on film with clever editing and exposures of gaffery that most individuals would find themselves guilty of if speaking in the context of a friendly chat.

ABQ747

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:16 pm

Yesterday, the Fox Noise Channel was described in another thread here with, "I realize that FOX isn't perfect, but they offer the best mix of viewpoints from both sides."

I was the one who made that statement, and I stand by what I said.

Ann Coulter is a frequent guest/paid commentator on Fox.

You know, there are times when things are so obvious, I wonder why people just don't see it.

I do not condone what Ann said. What she did showed no class. However, FOX gives equal airtime to controversial figures in both political parties. For example, Democrat Cynthia McKinney, who has made several Anti-Semitic remarks, has appeared on FOX. Jesse Jackson, who has also made Anti-semitic remarks, has been invited numerous times by Bill O'Reilly to appear on his show. Jackson refuses to do so. I shouldn't neglect to mention that FOX also has an entire line-up of Democrat commentators and political strategists who are no strangers to controversy.

Just because some prominent political figure has made a controversial statement does not mean that they shouldn't appear on TV and have to answer for what they said.

[Edited 2007-03-03 08:17:33]

[Edited 2007-03-03 08:18:47]
The reason New Mexico is so windy is because Texas sucks and Arizona blows.

AeroWesty

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:20 pm

Quoting ABQ747 (Reply 25):
Just because some prominent political figure has made a controversial statement does not mean that they shouldn't appear on TV and have to answer for what they said.

Ann Coulter is a "prominent political figure"? When did that happen?

AeroWesty, try harder next time.

Perhaps you'd like me to compare a news commentator with a morning talk show host, like was done a few posts above?

ABQ747

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:46 pm

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 26):
Ann Coulter is a "prominent political figure"? When did that happen?

I consider Ann to be a prominent political figure just like I consider Jackson and Sharpton to be also.

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 26):
Perhaps you'd like me to compare a news commentator with a morning talk show host, like was done a few posts above?

Confused

AeroWesty

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:53 pm

Quoting ABQ747 (Reply 27):
I consider Ann to be a prominent political figure

Ann Coulter is a political commentator. She has never run for an elected office, unlike Jackson or Sharpton.

confused 

Let me refresh your memory:

Joy Behar

Is Ms. Behar either a "prominent political figure", a "news commentator", or a "morning talk show host"? Take your pick.

ABQ747

Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:00 pm

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 28):
Ann Coulter is a political commentator. She has never run for an elected office, unlike Jackson or Sharpton.

I know that she has never run for office. I meant that as someone who is involved in politics and who has a lot of influence.

Is Ms. Behar either a "prominent political figure", a "news commentator", or a "morning talk show host"? Take your pick.

I think you know what I mean. What Ms. Behar said was also inappropriate, and she should apologize for it.

[Edited 2007-03-03 09:04:08]

AeroWesty

Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:03 pm

Quoting ABQ747 (Reply 29):
I think you know what I mean.

No, I don't, honestly. On one hand we have a political commentator being compared to a morning talk show host, then compared to two former presidential candidates. That's a HUGE stretch there.

I'm off to bed, so if you want to explain your position more clearly, I'll be happy to read it in the morning.

'ta.

ABQ747

Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:09 pm

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 30):
No, I don't, honestly. On one hand we have a political commentator being compared to a morning talk show host, then compared to two former presidential candidates. That's a HUGE stretch there.

Both women made inappropriate comments, and they should apologize.

D L X

Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:16 pm

I can't believe I'm reading this. Are you actually being serious? You actually equate using the term "liar" with "faggot?" Do you even know what the word means?

Quoting ABQ747 (Reply 29):
What Ms. Behar said was also inappropriate, and she should apologize for it.

Hardly. The terms "liar" and "murderer" are acceptable opinion, even if there weren't any factual basis for them. What makes it inappropriate is that it was said about someone you like.

On the other hand, "faggot" is a slur. It's equivalent to "nigger", and many of the other offensive terms used to deride members of "disfavored" minority groups. These terms have absolutely no business in political discussion, and YOU are ridiculous if you believe otherwise.

ABQ747

Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:31 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 32):
What makes it inappropriate is that it was said about someone you like.

Not so. I cannot stand Bill Richardson. If someone were to call him a murderer, that would be highly offensive, and would not be true at all. The same applies for GWB.

stlgph

Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:42 pm

I was the one who made that statement, and I stand by what I said.

i offer you my sincere condolences.

it must really irk you that Joy Behar could argue you or anything you say deep into the ground.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

cba

Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:43 pm

She finally realized that nobody actually takes her seriously anymore, and now has to say even more ridiculous things to get people to watch/listen for shock value...

TedTAce

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:03 pm

Why Manstream Conservatives embrace this bitch is beyond me.

In 'the good old days' you hated people because of something genuinely stupid like their skin color, now we all hate each other due to politics and it's the fault of Rush 'I don't do drugs' Limbaugh and this cunt. They have changed America for the worse, it will be a miracle if Americans will ever go back to respectfully disagreeing.
This space intentionally left blank

halls120

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:19 pm

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 37):
In 'the good old days' you hated people because of something genuinely stupid like their skin color, now we all hate each other due to politics and it's the fault of Rush 'I don't do drugs' Limbaugh and this cunt.

Do you understand the irony of you calling Ann Coulter a "cunt" because she used the term "faggot?"

Seems to me you're right down in the gutter with Ms. Coulter.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

coleplane

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:37 pm

Quoting Stirling (Reply 19):
And lately they've become the 24-hour Anna Nicole Smith channel...

You know, I bet there's a direct correlation between this and the number of my posts lately.  Smile
"About a nine on the tension scale there Rupe."

Falcon84

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:12 am

Didn't hear about that one. GT. Taht guy is equally irresponsible about the "murderers" part of what he said. I agree with him on the "liars" part, to be honest.

There's extremists on both sides, GT. Both sides. But you don't seem to mind the ones on the right-neither does L-188 either, apparently. All extremists should be condemend for such comments. They are out of line, and they are completely irresponsible, and should be condemend by anyone with half a brain.
Work Right, Fly Hard

OYRJA

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:24 am

One question about Ann Coulter. I have heard so much about her both here on A.net and when I have been visiting the US. IS she a member of the Republican party/organisation or is she simply a dumbass woman who just wants some attention on TV?

GuitrThree

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:27 am

Quoting JpetekYXMD80 (Reply 20):
What the hell is that supposed to mean? It looks like this Joy shit is new to all of us. You wanna talk about it or expect us to talk about it, start a thread yourself.

Thats simple. Us on the right are all tagged extremest, while a lot of lefties here claim to be moderate, yet they always seem to point out what the right is doing/saying, and ignoring the left. Thats why. They HIDE behind their liberalism, and this just shows how non-moderate they really are. And I must start a new thread to introduce this? Maybe if you guys on the left got your head out all the left leaning blogs, quit watching 100% of the biased liberal media, and actually looked what was going on, the Joy statement wouldn't have been such a surprise.

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 22):
Joy Behar is totally out of Coulter's league of influence anyhow and you know it.

Oh REALLY? Ever check the number of viewers of "The View" versus anything Fox News puts out? The View, well, I'm sure is down somewhat now that Rosie is on it, is a very popular morning show, and has millions of viewers. Behar has many people at home sponging in her brilliance.

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 30):

Again. No its not. Look at it on an even bigger scale. Switch Oprah Winfrey for Joy Behar. Now, while Winfrey is not a political figure, what kind of influence does she have? A ton. The Views audience just isn't as big, however, they still have millions of viewer, and like I said, a lot more than Fox and Coulter.

Quoting STLGph (Reply 35):
it must really irk you that Joy Behar could argue you or anything you say deep into the ground.

Uhhh. Right. I've seen her in "arguments," interviews with Conservatives, and trust me, she backs down quick when there is someone with actual knowledge there. She seems tough when she has old Rosie to back her up and no one to question her.

aace24

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:28 am

Humm... How is it, that you can give Ann Coulter crap when she calls Pretty Boy John Edwards a faggot, but simply ignore the fact that Joy Behar, from "The View," just this week called GWB and his crew "liars," and more importantly, "murderers.

Talk about grasping at straws...

This situation is totally different, this comment was an outright personal attack so to speak. Something that has no relevance what so ever and doesnt need to be said. Ann should be ashamed of her self.

GuitrThree

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:38 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 39):
There's extremists on both sides, GT. Both sides. But you don't seem to mind the ones on the right-neither does L-188 either, apparently. All extremists should be condemend for such comments. They are out of line, and they are completely irresponsible, and should be condemend by anyone with half a brain

No, actually stuff like this shouldn't be said on either side. Calling one a hypocrite because he tells us to quit using so much electricity, but then uses much more than his fair share, is more than fair game. Calling people murderers and gays, well, are way out of line. My comments in this subject are not to agree or disagree with anything people said, Coulter or Behar, but to point out the hypocrisy of how "only those on the right" seem to be saying this type of stuff. After the post, its shocking to actually see how uniformed people are about who is saying what by their own admission that they didn't know that Bush was called a murderer on one of the biggest day time talk shows by a well known host.

GuitrThree

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:45 am

Quoting AAce24 (Reply 42):
Talk about grasping at straws...

This situation is totally different, this comment was an outright personal attack so to speak. Something that has no relevance what so ever and doesnt need to be said. Ann should be ashamed of her self.

Right. "doesn't need to be said?" Really? I don't NEED to point out that a MAJOR daytime talk show host, on a FEW MILLION PLUS viewer audience talk show called the President of the United States a MURDERER? Really? No one else here heard about it until I kindly pointed it out to everyone.

Yes, Ann should be ashamed, while YOU sir, need to look at what EVERYONE is saying, and not just simply throwing it aside by saying its "irrelevant" and "grasping at straws." Both sides are at fault here. Different situation? Sure. However, it simply once again, is pointing out why I said:

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 43):
My comments in this subject are not to agree or disagree with anything people said, Coulter or Behar, but to point out the hypocrisy of how "only those on the right" seem to be saying this type of stuff.

TedTAce

Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:00 am

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 37):
Seems to me you're right down in the gutter with Ms. Coulter.

I'm not trying to petend that I have the ear of or influence over millions of people. I'm NOT a public figure. Yes My verbiage is somewhat Ironic for the situation, but once again I'm just some guy typing to a webpage, not a public figure.
This space intentionally left blank

aace24

Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:14 am

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 44):
Yes, Ann should be ashamed, while YOU sir, need to look at what EVERYONE is saying, and not just simply throwing it aside by saying its "irrelevant" and "grasping at straws." Both sides are at fault here. Different situation? Sure. However, it simply once again, is pointing out why I said:

I am looking at what everyone says. Not that I think it is right to call the president a "murderer", and a liar. But those at least still have something to do with something he has done politically. People who call him a liar are referring to what he said he was going to do, and hasn't

Calling John Edwards a faggot has absolutely NOTHING to do with politics, and therefore should not be said.

And I understand that you don't agree with what Coulter has said.

[Edited 2007-03-03 17:29:44]

AeroWesty

Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:36 am

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 44):
called the President of the United States a MURDERER?

Okay, it's time to call you on this. That never happened. I read the entire link you gave us, did a word search, and couldn't find it. She said that about his administration, but not about him specifically.

It's irresponsible and inaccurate for you to continue to perpetuate a lie such as this. You're just shit disturbing to be shit disturbing, trying to overemphasize the importance of some talk show host, who has no political ambitions, who has been compared to everything from Oprah to Al, which is further evidence of how little you have to go on.

EWRCabincrew

Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:58 am

Regardless of the name calling (and faggot is far more derogatory than murderer. This was brought up a few post back about using the 'n' word to a black person, but somehow using a derogatory word about gays makes it acceptible. My ass it does), when you stoop to a level where name calling is your only way to get your point across, you lose. All around. I know a few third graders that carry a better arguement without name calling.

The fact she, or anyone else with or without clout, uses name calling to bring attention to her shows her maturity level (or lack there of) and her need to be in the spotlight.

Who is Ann Coulter anyway? Correct me if I am wrong, she wrote a book and has view on politics. She just happens to get media attention.

consider Ann to be a prominent political figure just like I consider Jackson and Sharpton to be also.

This is from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter
Ann Hart Coulter (born December 8, 1961)[1] is an American best-selling author, columnist and political commentator. She frequently appears on television, radio and as a speaker at public and private events.[2]

Ann Coulter is a political commentator. She has never run for an elected office, unlike Jackson or Sharpton

checkmark   checkmark 
You can't cure stupid

D L X

Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:59 am

Quoting OYRJA (Reply 40):
One question about Ann Coulter. I have heard so much about her both here on A.net and when I have been visiting the US. IS she a member of the Republican party/organisation or is she simply a dumbass woman who just wants some attention on TV?

She's actually a very bright woman who has chosen to play to the lowest common denominator. She went to a pretty good law school, and performed exceptionally well there.

Either that, or she was an exceptionally bright woman who is now suffering from a massive brain tumor or other illness that makes her a nasty little annoyance.

Her relevancy is no longer in question. I can't believe the Republicans haven't disassociated themselves from her and told the country how reprehensible she is.