DernierVirage
Topic Author

Advice About Consultancy Fees In US

Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:30 am

Can any of my US friends on this site who work in business consultancy give me some advice please ?

My problem is to have an idea of reasonable hourly rates that are charged by US based consultants ; I don't mean the big firms like Accenture, just small consultancy firms. It is for a project concerning help in setting up and financing a small business (preparing a business plan, dealing with tax, legal and accounting issues and dealing with the raising of capital).

I would really like to know what hourly rates would be requested for this type of work.

Thank you very much for any help you give me !

Pope

RE: Advice About Consultancy Fees In US

Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:56 am

I would find a good local CPA. Depending on the market and the complexity of the work, you're probably not looking at between $150 to $250/hr for this sort of work. Most will meet with you for the first hour for free.

If you give me some more details (where, what type of business, how much capital), I'll be happy to point you in the right direction.

Remember one thing, advice that tells you what you should have done yesterday is worthless. Advice that tells you what you should do tomorrow is priceless.
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

DernierVirage
Topic Author

RE: Advice About Consultancy Fees In US

Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:12 am

Thanks Pope, this is exactly what I was looking for as regards information. The project is in fact right at the beginning, so there are a lot of things to be arranged. If things move forward, I will of course remember your kind offer of help. Once again, thanks for the information.