N1120A
Topic Author

German Takes His Half In The Divorce

Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:39 am

Well, looks like he got quite serious about getting his half of the house in this messy divorce.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17545638/?GT1=9145
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

ZBBYLW

RE: German Takes His Half In The Divorce

Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:21 am

Aboslutly Brilliant! Ill take it the courts where unfair in over compensating the ex-wife, and this is how he went to go get his half back?
Keep the shinny side up!

EWRCabincrew

Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:52 am

Like, how many divorced men does it take to screw in a light bulb?

None, they never get the house anyway.
You can't cure stupid

ACDC8

Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:03 pm

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Reply 2):
Like, how many divorced men does it take to screw in a light bulb?

LOL  Silly

A guys walks into a toy store to buy a Barbie doll for his daughter. He looks around at the prices ...

Stewerdess Barbie: $24.99
Nurse Barbie: $24.99
Cheerleader Barbie: $24.99
Bikini Barbie: $24.99

.... and so on and so on.

He then stumbles on one that cost $599.99. He couldn't believe his eyes. Anyway, he asked one of the store clerks on why this Barbie was so expensive?

The toy clerk responded with, "Oh, that's Divorced Barbie."

The man asks, "But why is it so expensive? It looks just like all the other Barbies."

The toy clerk says, "Well, it's simple really. She's divorced, so she comes with Ken's car, Ken's house, Ken's boat and Ken's motorbike!"

Wink
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

LTU932

Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:46 pm

Quoting ZBBYLW (Reply 1):
Ill take it the courts where unfair in over compensating the ex-wife, and this is how he went to go get his half back?

I sometimes wonder, why it's always the ex husband who has to compensate his wife for a divorce, and not the other way around? It seems unfair that rulings are most of the time always in favour of the ex wife.

This reminds me of this story: my father, when he divorced from his first wife, was never ordered by the court to pay anything to her, at least not material (no child support, no monetary compensation to his ex, etc.). It was still a very messy divorce, in which he lost custody of my oldest brother and never really got to see him again until some 20+ years later. This was some time in the late 60's/early 70's.

Bottom line: a divorce doesn't need to hurt you financially. It hurts much more when you lose custody of your kid and don't even get the chance of getting joined custody.

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 3):
A guys walks into a toy store to buy a Barbie doll for his daughter. He looks around at the prices ...

Stewerdess Barbie: $24.99
Nurse Barbie: $24.99
Cheerleader Barbie: $24.99
Bikini Barbie: $24.99

.... and so on and so on.

He then stumbles on one that cost $599.99. He couldn't believe his eyes. Anyway, he asked one of the store clerks on why this Barbie was so expensive?

The toy clerk responded with, "Oh, that's Divorced Barbie."

The man asks, "But why is it so expensive? It looks just like all the other Barbies."

The toy clerk says, "Well, it's simple really. She's divorced, so she comes with Ken's car, Ken's house, Ken's boat and Ken's motorbike!"

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

ANCFlyer

Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:50 pm

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Reply 2):

checkmark 

Quoting N1120A (Thread starter):
Well, looks like he got quite serious about getting his half of the house in this messy divorce.

Pretty innovative thinking I believe.

Hauled his half away with a forklift.

rotfl 

Let him sell his half back to her . . . at a loss, to compensate for saw damage.  laughing 
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Pyrex

Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:29 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 5):
Pretty innovative thinking I believe.

Hauled his half away with a forklift.

Well, he didn't get his half of the terrain so you could argue he still is at a loss...
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

yowza

Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:59 pm

Quoting Pyrex (Reply 6):
Well, he didn't get his half of the terrain so you could argue he still is at a loss...

To be honest with you I think he sent a pretty damn clear message! Even if he did lose some land in the process.

YOWza