http://batracer.com/-cj?&D&11874

Password Johan.

Adam

[Edited 2007-03-12 13:03:50]

ba757

RE: A.net Racing League - Season 2

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:09 pm

Waterfield To Reanult
It was rumoured last season that Waterfield was to depart Mclaren - the team he helped take to third in the both the world championship a drivers championship - has joined Renault.

Waterfield joins Henderson at Renault, who, was equal on points with Waterfield in the divers championship last season.

Waterfield had this to say about the team move:

"I am sad to be leaving Mclaren - a team that brought me three wins and many podiums. However I am moving to Renault looking for a new challenge, with the aim of bringing them to the top of the of the championship. This is something I feel myself and Dave [Henderson] should be able to do, and do it well with a considerable amount of success."

Who Waterfield's replacement at Mclaren is yet unannounced.

[Edited 2007-03-12 13:35:44]

rootsair

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:20 pm

just joined as MacLaren

I'm not the biggest racing fan but this game should be fun !
 airplane   wave 
A man without the knowledge of his past history,culture and origins is like a tree without roots

ba757

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:22 pm

Quoting RootsAir (Reply 2):

McLaren - No 'a' Wink

Welcome. It will be a great season, many of us have a lot of scores to settle with each other.

Adam

legoguy

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:24 pm

Henderson joins Waterfield at Renault Team

After last seasons disappointing results, the Renault team has been quick to announce the next seasons team line up. Both drivers, Henderson and Waterfield enjoyed a healthy competitive relationship last season whilst driving for Honda and McLaren respectively.

Henderson commented 'I will miss working under Nick Fry and the other Honda engineers but at the same time, I am looking forward to a new challenge and fresh start at Renault along with new team mate Adam Waterfield. I am sure we can lead the Renault team to success this season in both the Driver's and Constructor's championships!'

Places at Honda remain up for grabs along with places from almost every other team.
Can you say 'Beer Can' without sounding like a Jamaican saying 'Bacon'?

nosedive

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:50 pm

If the game starts before the 1st of April, I'm out.

legoguy

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:51 pm

If you are going to register, try not to choose a team you have played with before. That way its fair on everybody. Also choose a team with a different teammate. Also it's best to not be in a team by yourself. We'll keep the championship open to join for a week, or until all places are taken. Good luck!

LY744

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:24 pm

How does this work?

LY744.
Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it

legoguy

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:53 pm

From the site... (it's easier than it sounds)

Car Setup Page and Practice Laps

For each race you need to tune your car to a particular circuit. Fast circuits need low drag settings, and bumpy circuits need more supple suspension. Check your engineers report for initial advice. When you are ready to drive your first lap, click on TEST.

Driving Laps and Fine Tuning

Each time you take to the circuit you will gain more information about the car and which parameters you need to change. The ideal setup lies somewhere between the indicated "lo" and "hi" values. By positioning the slider for each parameter within this range you can fine tune your setup to perfection. The biggest performance gains are usually made within the first few laps.

Experimentation Slider

You can control the amount of information you get back from a lap by adjusting this slider. Be warned though - pushing too hard could result in an accident!

Team Work

You can access your team mates setup at any time. Use Team Talk to collaborate on setup information to make the most of your available laps.

Driving Style

These parameters apply to your behavior in a race. There are usually two parameters for both dry and wet conditions. For instance, you can decide to take it more easy in wet races, or perhaps push harder because everybody else is being cautious! It's up to you.

Overall Speed/Pace - The faster you go the greater the chance of an accident.

Aggression - If you are more aggressive it is easier to pass, but there is an increased chance of collision.

Tyre Use - If you give your tyres a hard life you will go quicker initially, but they will wear out quicker making you slower over a long stint. You should select a setting appropriate to your strategy or tyre selection.

Mechanical Sympathy - You can a little extra performance out of your car if you are willing to accept an increased chance of a breakdown.

Pit Stops - There are two sliders for driver and team. Cautious stops are slower but on the other hand there is less chance of somebody making a mistake and costing even more time.

Race Start - Choose between making a fast start or the increased risk of stalling or other calamity. Overtaking is easier on the first lap, so you may want to push harder if you are worried about being overtaken or simply want to try and make up for a bad qualifying session.

Qualifying

Qualifying is calculated automatically at the end of practice, and is a better indication of true performance than practice. Of course, it also decides the race grid.

You can decide which tyres to use for qualifying and how hard to push. If the race series you are in allows more than one lap for qualifying, it is recommended that your first lap is taken easy.

Some race series also allow you to decide when to take to the circuit. Generally later in the qualifying session is faster, but there may also be an increased chance of getting caught in traffic.

The Race

Like qualifying, the race is calculated at the end of a live warmup session. If the race weekend has mostly had consistent weather it is likely that everybody has good setups - so having a good race stategy could swing a race in your favour.

Basic Strategy

Choose your starting tyre, the number of pit stops you want to make and on which laps. This is fairly simple - just make sure you don't pit at the same time as your team mate!

Dealing with Changing Conditions

If it rains you need to decide which tyres you want to be on. Set the sliders to control the suitability of each tyre for wet or dry conditions. A checkbox allows you to omit some tyre choices from your race programme entirely.

A "changing tyres" slider controls how readily you will pit to fit different tyres if the weather conditions change. Pitting too often to change to more suitable tyres will always give you a faster car overall, but you may lose time overall with too many pit stops and being stuck behind traffic.

You can also configure your reaction to yellow flags, by entering the number of laps within a scheduled pit stop where you will reschedule it because of the yellow flag. Pitting under a yellow flag costs less time than when everybody is racing at full speed, but if you do this too far away from a scheduled pit stop you may be faced with driving a car very heavy on fuel.

The Order of Play and Race Results

Generally most races start with a live practice session, culminating in qualifying being calculated, and then a live warmup session, culminating in the race.

When the session advances you should receive an e-mail, and when you enter the game you can view the results from the link on the Office or News pages. The race results page features several analysis tools, graphs and maps and a means to watch or replay the race lap by lap.

LY744

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:16 am

So all this happens at a pre-determined time? i.e. you have to log on at a certain time to participate for each race?

LY744.
Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it

legoguy

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:38 am

THe way we ran it last season was the practise session lasted a day, then the race was run automatically, then the race warm up was the following day followed by the automatic race.

It was something like this...

Day 1 12.00 Noon Practise session starts
Day 2 12.00 Noon Practise session ends then automatic Qualifying session then Race Warm up starts
Day 3 12.00 Noon Race Warm up ends then automatic Race then Practise session of the next grandprix... etc etc

Each race weekend takes 2 days however it can be changed to every 4 days if that helps people. Hope this helps

cornish

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:56 am

I'd love to have a crack at this - unfortunately due to my work commitments, I'm off and on here as and when. Work is heavy at the moment, so I'd probably miss more than i'd manage. Added to that I tend to stay off the computer evenings and weekends.

Sorry but I'll just have to keep involved in the regular F1 threads over the real season.... Sad
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

rootsair

Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:03 am

Does it take long to prepare a race. Cause I'm gonna have 6 months of exams and i'm reconsidering my choice because if i participate I would like to put all my energy for this but doubt I will be able to !
A man without the knowledge of his past history,culture and origins is like a tree without roots

MrChips

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:35 am

Quoting RootsAir (Reply 12):
Does it take long to prepare a race. Cause I'm gonna have 6 months of exams and i'm reconsidering my choice because if i participate I would like to put all my energy for this but doubt I will be able to !

It takes about 5-10 minutes per day - events happen every 24 hours, and you have practice/warmup in between (the stuff that actually takes time).

And rumours from the other thread are confirmed, I have moved to Ferrari as the lead driver!
Time...to un-pimp...ze auto!

jamesbuk

Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:02 am

Wooo Im in ferrari. go me Time to kick some ass Big grin

Rgds --James--

[Edited 2007-03-12 22:06:26]
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

bill142

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:41 am

Mottley signs for McLaren!

The Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team is pleased to announce today that Jonathan Mottley has signed to join the team for the forthcoming season. The move confims one of the worst kept secrets in the formula one paddock. Mottley, who finished 8th in the drivers championship moves to the team from Red Bull Racing. "I'm please to be starting a new era of my career with Vodafone McLaren Mercedes. I look forward to getting to work with my new team and my new teammate Braulio who will be competing in his first season" Said Jonathan Mottley.

Team Principal Ron Dennis said "We're delighted to welcome Jonathan and Braulio into our team. Jonathan impressed us last season, consistiently fighting towards the front of the field. Unfortunatley some bad luck means that this isn't refelected in his results. Braulio impressed us immensley in the lower catagories, enough for us to take the chance and give him the opportunity to race for us"

muddydwagon

Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:22 am

Think I will give this a go, Just signed on with Honda Big grin

Looks like fun!

jamesbuk

Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:14 am

Come on guys, we need more of you! We have 8 competitors so far, well when i say competitors I mean people who are going to sit on the side and watch me win  silly 

Rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

legoguy

Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:51 am

Kyle (speedbird747BA) has joined BMW Sauber, however unfortunately (cough cough cough I mean fortunately) was bannded from a.net afew days ago. He will be back again whenever his ban is over next week.

bill142

Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:30 am

So when is the first race?

gkirk

Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:40 am

Think I will join as Toyota this time.
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

legoguy

Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:47 am

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 19):
So when is the first race?

We're waiting for more people to join. Half the people from last season have gone AWOL!

ba757

Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:34 pm

To bump this a bit...

And welcome to Honda's new driver, Henry (BA777).

We need some more drivers, guys!

Adam

ba757

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:29 am

Bump bumpity bump.

We have a new driver at Toyota - Gonzalez - what is your member name on here?
Kirky, did you join as Toyota, I didn't notice your name on the game?

If Graham joins, we will have 12 drivers. Just a couple more and I think we can get the game started.

Is Kev still in Scotland for work?

Adam

legoguy

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:32 am

Theres 11 members, we needed 10 minimum to start. I can start the game now or wait another little while incase any of the originals want to join. Any thoughts on this anyone?

ba757

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:35 am

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 24):
Any thoughts on this anyone?

I think we should leave it a couple of days. Maybe we should try keep this near the top of the the forum and see if anyone else wants to join.

When did Nosedive say he would join if we held the game off a little while?

Oh he said April 1st.

Thats only a couple of weeks away. Anyway up to him!  Wink

[Edited 2007-03-19 21:36:39]

legoguy

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:37 am

Quoting BA757 (Reply 25):
When did Nosedive say he would join if we held the game off a little while?

I think he said he couldn't play until the start of april. I agree we should wait a while as it seems a shame only to play with 11 compared to last season's 16!

ba757

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:45 am

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 26):
I think he said he couldn't play until the start of april. I agree we should wait a while as it seems a shame only to play with 11 compared to last season's 16!

Though I think towards the end of the season there was only about 8 or 9 playing.

Adam

bill142

Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:38 am

How about some of us play 2 drivers?

nosedive

Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:19 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 28):

Actually Bill, if you have an open spot, I'll give you my password so you can do set ups and I'll play when I get back from Poland.

ba757

Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:29 pm

You can do that?

Why have I not thought of this??

legoguy

Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:02 am

mmmm I don't think thats possible in one game. You can only join a private game once.

bill142

Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:24 am

Quoting BA757 (Reply 30):
You can do that?

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 31):
mmmm I don't think thats possible in one game. You can only join a private game once.

Those who are doing it would probably have to create second accounts.

Quoting Nosedive (Reply 29):
Actually Bill, if you have an open spot, I'll give you my password so you can do set ups and I'll play when I get back from Poland.

I'm happy to do that.

legoguy

Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:34 pm

Ok, just a heads up, we will start the season on Saturday the 24th of March. So if anybody else wants to join, do so within the next two days. Nosedive, get somebody to do your things for you (Mottley).

VTBDflyer

Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:14 pm

Ok, I've signed up, this is my first time trying this, so it will be interesting.
I'm the team leader of Williams. Be nice now  checkeredflag 

VTBDflyer
Fly Thai

legoguy

Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:51 am

Quoting VTBDflyer (Reply 34):

Good stuff!  Smile Welcome to the A.net racing league. Hopefully you'll find it enjoyable as the rest of us.

For anybody else wishing to join, it would be a good idea to have a team mate, as this helps you to fine tune your car to it's perfect setup at each race. So joining the William's or Toyota Teams make make things easier, although feel free to join any of the remaining teams.

Jammin

Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:54 am

Wow, never knew there was fantasy F1. How cool!! But I'm sorry, I wouldnt have time to join and actively participate. (got way too many hobbies going on...)

Enjoy.
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our mind.

legoguy

Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:01 am

Quoting Jammin (Reply 36):

It would only take 5 minutes a day!!! Come on!  Silly

bill142

Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:25 am

Mika Hakkinen to make come back with Midland!

In a move which has shocked the F1 world, former world champion Mika Hakkinen has signed a lucrative deal to come out of retirement with the Midland team. The 1998 and 1999 world champion will be the teams lead driver. Colin Kolles said "Mika is clearly a world class driver. Someone with his depth and experience is exactly what Midland needs" Mika who retired at the end of the 2001 season said "I'm certainly looking forward to getting back into racing. After my test with McLaren earlier this year, I was just hooked again. I spoke with Ron and he helped me come to an agreement with Midland. Of course, I will always be loyal to McLaren, but they didn't have a spare seat, and I'm thrilled to take on the challenge of moving Midland up the grid"

nosedive

Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:59 pm

K Bill, I signed with Midland

I'll PM you the details to get things stated

legoguy

Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:27 am

OK guys. The game has just been started and has somehow skipped to the race practise session already  Confused

Looks like the first Quali was a mess but I guess we were all unprepared!

1 James Betts
Ferrari

2 Nosaj Rehcaht
Midland

3 Adam Waterfield
Renault

4 Dave Henderson
Renault

5 Peter Spyro
Honda

6 Dave Singer
BMW Sauber

7 Alex Langer
Williams

8 Chris Priaro
Ferrari

9 Henry Lidster
Honda

10 Jonathan Mottley
McLaren

11 Kyle Blank
BMW Sauber

12 Mika Hakkinen
Midland

13 Braulio Mora
McLaren

14 Jorge Gonzalez
Toyota

How do you guys want to do this? 24 hours between sessions or 48 hours?

nosedive

Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:36 am

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 40):
2 Nosaj Rehcaht
Midland

I wasn't  Silly

bill142

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:32 am

Ok just an update on those of you who have two accounts, My Mika Hakkinen account has been blocked. Looks like Mika will have to rely on that skill that got him two world championships.

ba757

Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:37 am

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 42):
Ok just an update on those of you who have two accounts, My Mika Hakkinen account has been blocked. Looks like Mika will have to rely on that skill that got him two world championships.

That is too bad... Hakkinen is skilled enough anyway.

Look how long it took me last season to score one point, never mind decent points, and I didn't do to badly in the end - so Nosey, it could be worse.  Wink

How do you guys want to do this? 24 hours between sessions or 48 hours?

24 per favore.

Adam

jamesbuk

Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:12 am

1 James Betts
Ferrari

Well thats a surprise!! I didnt expect that Lol!

With our other car in 8th hopefully we can score some points!!

Rgds --James--

nosedive

Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:43 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 42):
My Mika Hakkinen account has been blocked. Looks like Mika will have to rely on that skill that got him two world championships.

Damn!

Looks like I'm goin solo! Guess they track the IPs... I found an internet cafe down the road from my hotel thats dirt cheap, so I'll check in when I check my email.

jamesbuk

Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:24 pm

Wow i came second. Im really pleased with that!! Considering that when you guys were doing V1 and i was doing a public race by best pos was 10th.

Come on Sepang!

Rgds --James--

ba757

Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:53 am

What a great start to my season - a win is the perfect way to open up the result book.

I am looking forward to Malaysia now where I hope I can achieve a back to back win.

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 46):
Considering that when you guys were doing V1 and i was doing a public race by best pos was 10th.

Bah, you have just as much as experience as any of us from V1 seeing as you only just missed out on it!  Wink
Surely if it is harder in a public game, you should be easily better than us who aren't playing in public games?

Adam

jamesbuk

Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:05 am

Quoting BA757 (Reply 47):

Its alot harder, which is why I was crap  silly  and there wasnt any team sharing. My team mate was chucked out halfway through and i had a half indian half spanish guy as a team mate! So yeh it was kinda every man for himself.

Rgds --James--

legoguy

Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:20 am

What a pile of lazy bums we are!

Results from first race at Bahrain...

1. Adam Waterfield Renault
2. James Betts Ferrari +1.673
3 David Henderson Renault +2.900
4 Peter Spyro Honda +4.108
5 Nosaj Rehcaht Midland +5.572
6 Alex Langer Williams +6.858
7 Kyle Blank BMW Sauber +42.313
8 Jonathan Mottley McLaren +77.989
9 Henry Lidster Honda +88.591
10 Mika Hakkinen Midland +170.765
11 Jorge Gonzalez Toyota +213.989
12 Braulio Mora McLaren +245.243
13 Chris Priaro Ferrari Lap 51
14 Dave Singer BMW Sauber Lap 7