nosedive

F1 2007: Australia

Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:51 pm

Enough of the pre-season testing and teasing. It's put up or shut up time!

The 1st race of the season is always exciting, and team swapping has shaken things up at the top. Ferrari, they have the speed, will Kimi break the car? McLaren, can Hamilton live up to Alonso? Renault, can the team make it a "three-for-all." BMW-Sauber, are they really the darkhorse? Honda, are they really behind the 8-ball? Red Bull, does Newey spell success? Toyota, all dressed up and no where to go? Williams, can they beat the Toyota factory team? Super Aguri, what is the latest on the chassis? Sqaudro Toro Rosso, has Berger shaken up the team, and has Speed shaken down the car? Skyper, can they even come close?

Brakelights, will we see them?

Schumacher's in Switzerland. Ferrari are the team to beat, . Super Aguri already on a "B" chassis    .RBR flying by the seat of their pants. Bernie wants to mess with the rules, again . And it's all down to Sunday.

[Edited 2007-03-13 14:59:31]

legoguy

RE: F1 2007: Australia

Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:40 pm

I'm looking forward to the season however I fear once again Ferrari are the team to beat. I fear Ferrari will dominate the season thus making it quite boring in terms of constructors championship. It all depends if McLaren have got their act together and produced a reliable car and also depends if Heike Kova has the speed in the Renault. Hopefully Honda will have sorted out their car problems by Australia. Another win from Button would be great this season!
Can you say 'Beer Can' without sounding like a Jamaican saying 'Bacon'?

cornish

Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:36 am

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 1):
however I fear once again Ferrari are the team to beat. I fear Ferrari will dominate the season thus making it quite boring in terms of constructors championship.

I don't think they will - but I do expect them to be the team to beat in the early races until the other leading teams get up to speed understanding how to get the best from the Bridgestones.

Ferrari have also lost some very key personnel for this season - Mr Schumacher as a driver obviously, but also Ross Brawn and one or two others. This may hurt them in the heat of a tactical battle.

It all depends if McLaren have got their act together and produced a reliable car

Or that a smoother driver can keep it in one piece more often.....

Hopefully Honda will have sorted out their car problems by Australia. Another win from Button would be great this season!

I suspect Button will have to resign himself to being the No.2 Brit this season.

Massa is a (sort of) dark horse - I think Kimi will not have it easy from him. And Heidfeld is a dark horse too - the BMW has been going well in testing and Heidfeld's smooth style on the new tyres could help him rack up a lot of points. Kubica his team mate is very fast, but will need to temper that speed with keeping it on the track and not overdriving it too much this season. He made a great impression last season, but he doesn't want a Rosberg situation where he undid a lot of the good work as the season went on.....

if Heike Kova has the speed in the Renault.

I think both he and Hamilton will both make a strong mark on the season. Heikki will outpace Fisi before long. Hamilton will not outpace Alonso, but if he gets close he will impress a lot of people.

Right now though, my gut feeling is on a third title for Alonso......
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

BlueElephant

Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:19 am

definately going to be an interesting season to watch. I'm quite excited.

My Personal thoughts.

I think Alonso is going to win in Australia.

I Also feel that Hamilton, and Kova will do well also.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a battle for lead driver of Ferrari. I can see Kimi and Massa dueling it out with each other.

I HOPE....That Jenson Button does well and also Nico Rosberg.

It should be an interesting season!

aerobalance

Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:13 am

Ferrari to the front

Everybody else behind

Ferrari fan since 1981 - FORZA FERRARI!!!!
"Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy..."

bill142

Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:27 am

Fernando is going to lead everyone home. And if it's not him, then it will be Heidfeld.

Springbok747

Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:05 am

I fear Ferrari will dominate the season thus making it quite boring in terms of constructors championship.

Whats there to fear..its great if Ferrari dominate the season Big grin

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 5):
Fernando is going to lead everyone home. And if it's not him, then it will be Heidfeld.

Sorry mate but me thinks McLaren will suck this season...
אני תומך בישראל

sudden

Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:40 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 5):

Where did that come from?
The step between Alonso and Heidfeld is like comparing Ferrari with former Minardi. Or is it just your own personal wish, maybe?
Heidfeld has, in my opinion, not been living up to all the talk and expectations that was going around about him.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

bill142

Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:03 pm

Quoting Sudden (Reply 7):
The step between Alonso and Heidfeld is like comparing Ferrari with former Minardi. Or is it just your own personal wish, maybe?

You're right they are different. Heidfelds time is now. He has to make the most of it. The car is quick enough to snag a few good results, maybe even a win later on.

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 6):

I doubt it. The car looks good, it's going to be up there.

nosedive

Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:33 pm

I'll put my jewels out there and make a prediction:

Quali:
Massa
Alonso
Kimi

Race:
Alonso
Massa
Hamilton

Alonso: The MP4-21 just sucked.

sudden

Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:35 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 8):
doubt it. The car looks good, it's going to be up there.

I also think Alonso will make the best out of it as well.

Who do you think will be rookie of year?
My vote goes to Kovalainen.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

cornish

Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:37 pm

Quoting Sudden (Reply 7):
Where did that come from?

Heidfeld is an underrated driver. He's no Alonso, but he's much quicker than he is sometimes given credit for. And as a very smooth, consistent driver, the new tyres for this season should favour drivers like him. And the BMW looks quick if a little unreliable so far. Expect Kubica to produce the fireworks for BMW, but Heidfeld will bring consistent points finishes for the team.

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 8):
Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 6):

I doubt it. The car looks good, it's going to be up there.

I think it will be up there too. Its definitely quick - and Alonso is undoubtedly a better development driver than Kimi was.

As an aside though, Australia may not give a completely accurate guide to the season. As a circuit it has very different characteristics to many of the permanent circuits on the calender. Malaysia will be a better guide for the year ahead. Remember that even Toyota went really well in Oz last year  Wow!
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

sudden

Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:39 pm

Quoting Nosedive (Reply 9):
Race:
Alonso
Massa
Hamilton

Pretty brave to throw in Hamilton among the big guns in the first race, but who knows.  Wink

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

cornish

Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:47 pm

Quoting Nosedive (Reply 9):

Actually that's very much along the lines i was thinking. I can also see Massa on pole and Alonso taking the win.

Kay

Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:23 pm

I think I am changing my idea of Raikkonen. Maybe he is indeed a rough driver causing the car to fail so much last year. The same used to happen to Hakkinen, I know, but still.. Or, the bad reliablity of the McMerc, that has been going on now for more than 10 years (except one or 2 years in the middle), vanished again, giving birth to a very reliable car. If that's the case, I see Alonso taking it again from Ferrari. If he did it when they had Schumi on board, there's a good chance he'll do it again.

Kay

legoguy

Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:20 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 2):
Or that a smoother driver can keep it in one piece more often.....

Enter Alonso  Smile

I suspect Button will have to resign himself to being the No.2 Brit this season.

I'd be happy to see either him or Hamilton on the podium!

I think both he and Hamilton will both make a strong mark on the season. Heikki will outpace Fisi before long.

If Kova has few problems witht he Renault car then I can see him outpacing Fisi from the start of the season.

Quoting BlueElephant (Reply 3):
I wouldn't be surprised if we see a battle for lead driver of Ferrari. I can see Kimi and Massa dueling it out with each other.

Will be interesting to see how Kimi will act if beaten by Massa during the first half of the season.

As for how the first race pans out, I can't even guess! We could have a surprise winner if theres a large incident involving all the larger teams. Kimi is quick in qualifying, so perhaps he will pip Massa to the pole position.

cornish

Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:59 pm

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 15):
We could have a surprise winner if theres a large incident involving all the larger teams.

And lets not forget that Melbourne has frequently seen first corner incidents take out leading runners - wouldn't surprise me to see it happen again this time. Lots of drivers keen to make their mark in new teams or their first grand prix.

bill142

Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:26 am

Will be interesting to see how Kimi will act if beaten by Massa during the first half of the season.

The Kimi-Massa duel is going to be interesting. It's quite clear now that Massa and Kimi have an equal footing in the team.

As for how the first race pans out, I can't even guess! We could have a surprise winner if theres a large incident involving all the larger teams. Kimi is quick in qualifying, so perhaps he will pip Massa to the pole position.

Like Williams getting the first win from for a Toyota powered car? I don't think that would go down well in Colonge and Tokyo

davestanKSAN

Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:05 am

I'm so excited. I can't wait.  bigthumbsup 

Lots of politics with STR and Super Aguri with their chasis development (or lack thereof). It's a shame, and they should just race, but I see where Williams is coming from with this. Williams has to spend tons of money just to achieve a car that can compete in the middle of the field. They have to spend countless of R&D on a new chasis that they designed, whereas if STR uses the chasis from RBF from last year and SA uses the Honda chasis of last year they don't have to spend nearly the same amount of time and money on R&D. I think it also takes the technological advances that F1 is famous for away from the sport.

Here's a link to the SA debut:
http://www.formula1.com/race/news/5759/770.html

Looks a lot like the Honda of 2006 but with a new aero design, most noticable in the nose.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward towards this season  bigthumbsup .

Bill, and other Aussies, will you be going to the GP?? Lucky if you are.  Smile

Here's to an exciting, and safe season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave
Yesterday we've sinned, today we move towards God. Touch the sky....love and respect...Safe Star!

LTU932

Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:28 am

Quoting Nosedive (Thread starter):
Bernie wants to mess with the rules, again

Another points rule change? Please, Bernie should just shut up. He's messed with all of Formula 1's rules for too long. He and Max Mosley (the man who banned slicks from F1) should call it quits and retire. The last thing this sport needs is too much interference from bureaucrats.

I'm looking forward to the season however I fear once again Ferrari are the team to beat.

If, then it will be Felipe Massa who will lead them to victory. I still have zero confidence in Kimi Räikönnen, and Massa can pick up the good work he started last year, when he had the probably most successful season of his career.

bill142

Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:47 am

Quoting DavestanKSAN (Reply 18):
Bill, and other Aussies, will you be going to the GP?? Lucky if you are.

Yep, got me a seat on the pit straight.

sudden

Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:55 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 20):
Yep, got me a seat on the pit straight.

We expect a very neat and detailed trip report, and fotos, when you are back.  Wink

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

bill142

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:05 pm

Etihad have become the title sponsor of Spyker for the next three years! new team name is Etihad Aldar Spyker (I'm yet to figure out who and what Aldar do)

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/...s_becomes_spyker_f1_title_sponsor/

Quoting Sudden (Reply 21):

We expect a very neat and detailed trip report, and fotos, when you are back. Wink

I may have to break the law in doing it, but I'll post one. Flights and all.  wink 

cornish

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:13 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 22):
Etihad have become the title sponsor of Spyker for the next three years!

Well seeing Abu Dhabi is gearing up for a Grand Prix in the future, I guess its not a massive surprise Etihad are sponsoring. But I'd be surprised if they don't move on to a bigger team in due course.....

but I'll post one. Flights and all.

Ah don't bother telling us about the flights. I mean, who on here would be remotely interested in that?  duck 

sudden

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:27 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 23):
Ah don't bother telling us about the flights. I mean, who on here would be remotely interested in that?

Yeah,
We are talking F1 here, with pitbabes and all!

By the way,
Thursday pressconference
http://www.formula1.com/news/5771.html

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

mika

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:34 pm

This will be an interesting preimere race for sure! Personally i'm hoping for a victory for Kimi, and that Kovalainen will do a successful debut in the Renault and in F1.

On a sidenote to my fellow swedish anetters here..i can see that unlike last season the qualifyings will not be broadcasted on channel 6, at least not for the Australian GP. Will it be like this the whole season? I surely hope not as i personally dont have the Viasat sport channel!  Angry

Is there any other way to see the quali's live? On the web perhaps? (I know about the live timing feature on the official F1 website, but apart from that).

sudden

Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:11 pm

Quoting Mika (Reply 25):
On a sidenote to my fellow swedish anetters here..i can see that unlike last season the qualifyings will not be broadcasted on channel 6

Well,
Move to Holland and problem solved. Big grin

We have very good coverage here, and 1 hour before every race, they always have an interview with a driver, tech, team boss etc., and show highlights and other interesting stuff.
Very well done here.
On the other hand, Holland is also represented in the form of Albers, and before that is was Verstappen, which I guess helps as well to get/make more coverage.

Sweden has really never been good to cover F1 since Eurosport stepped out.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

cornish

Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:18 pm

(I'm yet to figure out who and what Aldar do)

Abu Dhabi's main property development company apparently....

bill142

Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:07 am

Quoting Cornish (Reply 27):
Abu Dhabi's main property development company apparently....

Yep l;ooks like one of those cashed up companies that really does nothing.

Quoting Cornish (Reply 23):
Ah don't bother telling us about the flights. I mean, who on here would be remotely interested in that?

Oh how silly of me. I thought you guys would have been interested. Looks like I've let my secret fantasy out of the bag.

ba757gla

Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:00 am

When is the race shown in the UK?
tiMES ON itv ?

kaddyuk

Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:24 am

Practice 1 Results are in!!

1 - Fernando Alonso - McLaren-Mercedes - 01:29.2
2 - Felipe Massa - Ferrari - 01:30.7
3 - Sebastian Vettel - BMW - 01:30.9
4 - Lewis Hamilton - McLaren-Mercedes - 01:30.9
5 - Jenson Button - Honda - 01:31.2
6 - Kazuki Nakajima - Williams-Toyota - 01:31.4
7 - David Coulthard - Red Bull-Renault - 01:31.5
8 - Heikki Kovalainen - Renault - 01:31.6
9 - Mark Webber - Red Bull-Renault - 01:31.7
10 - Rubens Barrichello - Honda - 01:31.7
Whoever said "laughter is the best medicine" never had Gonorrhea

bill142

Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:56 am

Quoting Ba757gla (Reply 29):
When is the race shown in the UK?
tiMES ON itv ?

Probably about 1am Sunday morning is lights out and go go go.

kaddyuk

Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:39 am

The GP is shown at 2am on sunday morning...
Whoever said "laughter is the best medicine" never had Gonorrhea

emrecan

Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:21 pm

At last we are beginning the new season..

First of all I hope this year we will watch excited races. It will be great to see Kimi in Ferrari. I am curious if Balonso will also be lucky this year.
Go Ferrarý, Massa and Kimi.................

mika

Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:02 pm

Quoting Sudden (Reply 26):
Well,
Move to Holland and problem solved.

We have very good coverage here, and 1 hour before every race, they always have an interview with a driver, tech, team boss etc., and show highlights and other interesting stuff.
Very well done here.
On the other hand, Holland is also represented in the form of Albers, and before that is was Verstappen, which I guess helps as well to get/make more coverage.

Sweden has really never been good to cover F1 since Eurosport stepped out.

Actually they did show similar coverage here in Sweden last year, on channel 3. A 45-60min pre-race show before selected races (so not all of them). It's a nice touch but i'm lying if i say that i cant live without it  Smile

Results of the second practice:

1 5 Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:27.353

2 6 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:27.750

3 2 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:27.829

4 3 Giancarlo Fisichella Renault 1:27.941

5 9 Nick Heidfeld BMW 1:27.970

6 17 Alexander Wurz Williams-Toyota 1:27.981

7 1 Fernando Alonso McLaren-Mercedes 1:28.040

8 16 Nico Rosberg Williams-Toyota 1:28.055

9 10 Robert Kubica BMW 1:28.281

10 14 David Coulthard Red Bull-Renault 1:28.495

11 23 Anthony Davidson Super Aguri-Honda 1:28.727

12 12 Jarno Trulli Toyota 1:28.921

13 22 Takuma Sato Super Aguri-Honda 1:29.009

14 7 Jenson Button Honda 1:29.066

15 8 Rubens Barrichello Honda 1:29.542

16 11 Ralf Schumacher Toyota 1:29.574

17 15 Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1:29.801

18 4 Heikki Kovalainen Renault 1:30.097

19 19 Scott Speed STR-Ferrari 1:30.383

20 20 Christijan Albers Spyker-Ferrari 1:31.108

21 21 Adrian Sutil Spyker-Ferrari 1:31.175

22 18 Vitantonio Liuzzi STR-Ferrari 1:31.693

Forza Kimi! Forza Ferrari!

sudden

Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:53 pm

Quoting Mika (Reply 34):
11 23 Anthony Davidson Super Aguri-Honda 1:28.727

Quoting Mika (Reply 34):
13 22 Takuma Sato Super Aguri-Honda 1:29.009

I dare to say that this will be very interesting going forward!

Will be an early night night today as I am not going to miss the live qualification.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

bill142

Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:15 am

Ok Chaps, I'm off to the airport to catch my flight to Melbourne. Not sure if I'll have access to the net or not while I'm down there, if not I'll post a full report with pics on Monday.

LTU932

Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:20 am

Quoting Mika (Reply 34):
Forza Kimi!

thumbsdown 

Forza Felipe!  thumbsup 

Quoting Mika (Reply 34):
Forza Ferrari!

bigthumbsup 

nosedive

Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:05 am

jesus, even honda a was beaten by honda b.

looks like lewis can race, davidson as well.

Charles79

Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:38 pm

Kimi on pole, Alonso second...YES, Heidfeld a brilliant third!!! (hopefully not because he qualified on empty!). As a Heidfeld fan I'm thrilled about today's qualifying results, but the Ferrari-McLaren battle at the front should be classic. I'll forever miss the Mika and Schumy duels, but Kimi and Alonso can be quite entertaining on their own.

It always seem like it takes forever for the start of the season, and I'm hoping that this will be a great one.

Regards

mika

Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:52 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, the quali results are in:

1 6 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:26.644 1:25.644 1:26.072

2 1 Fernando Alonso McLaren-Mercedes 1:26.697 1:25.326 1:26.493

3 9 Nick Heidfeld BMW 1:26.895 1:25.358 1:26.556

4 2 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:26.674 1:25.577 1:26.755

5 10 Robert Kubica BMW 1:26.696 1:25.882 1:27.347

6 3 Giancarlo Fisichella Renault 1:27.270 1:25.944 1:27.634

7 15 Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1:26.978 1:26.623 1:27.934

8 12 Jarno Trulli Toyota 1:27.014 1:26.688 1:28.404

9 11 Ralf Schumacher Toyota 1:27.328 1:26.739 1:28.692

10 22 Takuma Sato Super Aguri-Honda 1:27.365 1:26.758 1:28.871

11 23 Anthony Davidson Super Aguri-Honda 1:26.986 1:26.909

12 16 Nico Rosberg Williams-Toyota 1:27.596 1:26.914

13 4 Heikki Kovalainen Renault 1:27.529 1:26.964

14 7 Jenson Button Honda 1:27.540 1:27.264

15 17 Alexander Wurz Williams-Toyota 1:27.479 1:27.393

16 5 Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:26.712 DNF

17 8 Rubens Barrichello Honda 1:27.679

18 19 Scott Speed STR-Ferrari 1:28.305

19 14 David Coulthard Red Bull-Renault 1:28.579

20 18 Vitantonio Liuzzi STR-Ferrari 1:29.267

21 20 Adrian Sutil Spyker-Ferrari 1:29.339

22 21 Christijan Albers Spyker-Ferrari 1:31.932

Great to see! It's obvious that both Ferrari and McLaren are very competitive this year, i dare to say that the whole season will be exciting to follow in that respect.

But i only care about one thing though..Go Kimi Räikkönen! Make this s*it happen!

legoguy

Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:54 pm

My opinions from Quali...

McLaren have pulled their act together and Alonso may have actually made the correct choice last year by leaving Renault! And Hamilton is basically as fast as Alonso and will be challenging for the victory on sunday.

Ferrari have a fast car but the reliability may not be like last year.

BMW have carried through their success from the end of last season and have continued to improve.

Renault are really issing Alonso and Fisi and Heikki are no where near ready to challenge the leaders.

Red Bull... I am unsure what to think about them. DC out in a poor performance and Webber a good performance.

Toyata are going backwards fullstop.

Super Aguri... Amazing. Such a huge improvement. Pitty the Honda A team didnt keep their last years car. Davidson did absoutely amazing and deserves a race drive this season. Hopefully he will have a great career over the next few years within F1.

Williams... again I'm totally unsure about this team. We shall see after the race.

Honda have been the huge disappointment for me. Watching Button on board, he is all over the race track, compared to last year when he was Mr Sooth on track. Honda need to work their asses off and quick!

Spyker and STR are where I expected them to be... at the rear of the grid.

Hopes for tomorrow... points for a Honda and Super Aguri, and a race win for Alonso or Hamilton.

legoguy

Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:45 am

I forgot to add other thoughts from the start of the season

The new Renault colours look good

As does the New Earth Honda livery

Alsono needs to let his hair grow

Heidfield needs a shave

The ferrari colour scheme looks strange. Without the white markings of last year, it looks like the 2004 scheme!

sudden

Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:46 am

Quoting Mika (Reply 40):
But i only care about one thing though..Go Kimi Räikkönen! Make this s*it happen!

Amen Brother! Big grin

Man what a great qualification.
It was really cool to see Sato and SA right up there. My hat off for them.

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 41):
DC out in a poor performance and Webber a good performance.

I dare to say that this is Coulthards last season in F1. He is not bringing anything to any team anymore.
Webber might be just what RBR needs to be competitive.

McLaren have pulled their act together and Alonso may have actually made the correct choice last year by leaving Renault!

Well written, but I also would think that Alonso brings a fair amount of knowledge, and fresh ideas, that Mclaren might just be in need of.

Spyker and STR are where I expected them to be... at the rear of the grid.

I actually expected more from Spyker, but Albers said himself that he never knew when the tires were performing good. Could be on lap 1, or lap 5, which made it difficult to qualify.

But again.
Go Kimi!!!

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

mika

Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:59 am

McLaren have pulled their act together and Alonso may have actually made the correct choice last year by leaving Renault!

Actually i'd say that McLaren always had their act together when it comes to having a fast car..that part was never a problem. The problem was horrendous reliability, not lack of speed and good quali times.

Ferrari have a fast car but the reliability may not be like last year.

Pardon me for being nit-picky but what do you base that on? Massa's gearbox problem?

legoguy

Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:03 am

Quoting Mika (Reply 44):
Pardon me for being nit-picky but what do you base that on? Massa's gearbox problem?

Yes... First quali session of the season and they can already mark a reliability issue on to their tally. It may be their only reliability problem this year... but not the best way to start the season.

Quoting Mika (Reply 44):
Actually i'd say that McLaren always had their act together when it comes to having a fast car..that part was never a problem. The problem was horrendous reliability, not lack of speed and good quali times.

What about last year? They didn't have many race failures. They failed to win a single race last season. They never really challenged for the lead however this year looks like a different story.

Quoting Sudden (Reply 43):
I actually expected more from Spyker, but Albers said himself that he never knew when the tires were performing good. Could be on lap 1, or lap 5, which made it difficult to qualify.

They had their complainant against Super Aguri turned down. Will be interesting to see what happens!

On another note... Is their anybody else willing to join the 2nd A.net F1 Racing season!?!?! We need more players!

sudden

Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:13 am

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 45):
What about last year? They didn't have many race failures. They failed to win a single race last season. They never really challenged for the lead however this year looks like a different story.

Well,
We saw Kimi right up there during Q3 last season, but more due to that he ran on low fuel, so I would not say to much just yet.
First race of the season and everyone wants to show that they are the team to beat. Ferrari however, are more consistens in that aspect. If they are fast, they usually are fast during both qualification and the race.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

davestanKSAN

Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:32 am

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 45):
Yes... First quali session of the season and they can already mark a reliability issue on to their tally. It may be their only reliability problem this year... but not the best way to start the season.

True. But I think Massa said the gearbox was quite good, except it was extremely fragile. Massa hit the kerb very hard which broke the gearbox, so I don't know if Ferrari should be worried about reliability quite yet.

Oh a bad joke I heard, but funny nonetheless.

In response to their environmental awareness campaign, it was wondered in the paddock how much fuel Honda saved by not going out for Q3.

Not funny when you spend 300 million for a car that's a second slower than last years model however. Jenson said they were having a lot of trouble with braking. I hope they get it fixed soon.

Dave
Yesterday we've sinned, today we move towards God. Touch the sky....love and respect...Safe Star!

sandrozrh

Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:28 am

GO SAUBER!!!

filler

CPH-R

Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:28 pm

Hmm, "flying finish" from Coulthard Big grin