EA CO AS
Topic Author

Don't Pick Out Cards If You're Blind...

Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:45 pm

True story, which happened this past week. Forgive the crude scanning, but I HAD to get it on here!

My friend's boss's kid had a birthday, her legally blind mother sends both kids a card so they won't feel left out. This is the card that the non-birthday girl received.

Remember the grandmother is legally blind, which explains why this card was appealing - the front has a really sweet message in nice big letters...

....except she didn't read the inside very well - even though she signed and mailed it....

...causing the 12 year old to scream, "Ewww! Grandma's GROSS!" and throw the card across the room.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

cxsjr

RE: Don't Pick Out Cards If You're Blind...

Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:52 pm

LOL .... I hope she incested on throwing it away  smile 

Just one more half decent card ruined by the verse (or in this case lack of it) inside, one reason why I don't do cards!
The world is a book, those who do not travel read only one page ....

baylorairbear

Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:08 pm

Quoting Cxsjr (Reply 1):
I hope she incested on throwing it away

Pun intended?

BAB silly 
I'm just skipping stones...

Cadet57

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:25 pm

Quoting Cxsjr (Reply 1):
LOL .... I hope she incested on throwing it away

rotfl 

Quoting BaylorAirBear (Reply 2):
Pun intended?

That or the wonderful british spelling  Wink
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

KaiGywer
Crew

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:36 pm

Haha, that's awesome!
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

bagpiper

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:28 am

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 4):
Haha, that's awesome!

rotfl 

MDorBust

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:30 am

I think it's time for the feds to start looking through grandma's home video collection.
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

767Lover

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:39 am

Too funny!

My mother has Alzheimer's, and one manifestation of her condition is that she reads EVERYTHING aloud even though she really has no idea what she is saying. When she reads, she says the words really slowly and pronounced.

So we are in the card shop one day, and she starts looking through the cards. All of a sudden I hear her reading something that ended with YOU FUCKER.

I had to keep from laughing, hearing my mother in her frail 77 year old voice saying those words. Bless her.

Quoting EA CO AS (Thread starter):
sends both kids a card so they won't feel left out.

Caution: Judgement forthcoming: I have heard of people doing this with b-day gifts as well (buying one for "the other" kid too.) Why is this necessary? EVERYONE has a birthday--so why do people feel they have to "include" all kids on every birthday? Each kid will have their turn eventually. Kids need to learn that they have to wait their turn on some things...that everything is not an entitlement.