helvknight

Team Owner Spends £8000 To Get Stranded Fans Home

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:05 am

Now I may get flamed for this as it but be construed as a challenge to a Captains authority but ...

Given that most sports team owners occupy the highest ranges of Mount Bastard doesn't this make a pleasant change:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/wear/6517635.stm

FAIR USE EXCERPT

Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn paid out £8,000 in taxi fares after about 80 fans were left stranded at Bristol Airport when a flight was grounded.

Quinn was on the Easyjet plane when police ejected a group of supporters that the pilot had alleged were drunk.
I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member - Groucho Marx

airfoilsguy

RE: Team Owner Spends £8000 To Get Stranded Fans Home

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:09 am

Quoting Helvknight (Thread starter):
Given that most sports team owners occupy the highest ranges of Mount Bastard

That is a good one. I may have to use that one.  rotfl 

Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn paid out £8,000 in taxi fares after about 80 fans were left stranded at Bristol Airport when a flight was grounded.

That was great of him.
It's not a near miss it's a near hit!!

Daleaholic

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:35 am

Given that most sports team owners occupy the highest ranges of Mount Bastard doesn't this make a pleasant change:

Reality check... You're outside the premiershit  Wink

Down in the lower leagues there is more of a community feel to football clubs... everybody knows everybody. I know the chairman at my favourite football team. This is just one example of a chairman who cares about the club and its fans. Kudos to Niall Quinn! Mind you... £8000 isn't that much out of his pocket is it?  duck   Wink
Religion is an illusion of childhood... Outgrown under proper education.

ltbewr

Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:06 am

For that 8000 Pounds, he just bought a lot of great publicity and good will with the supporters of the team he is a part of. I just hope that fans won't be disruptive in the future to try to get out of flying and get a taxi home. Perhaps, they should have used charter busses instead.

Daleaholic

Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:12 am

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 3):
I just hope that fans won't be disruptive in the future to try to get out of flying and get a taxi home. Perhaps, they should have used charter busses instead.

They weren't disruptive to try and get a taxi home instead of the flight...

Quinn was on the Easyjet plane when police ejected a group of supporters that the pilot had alleged were drunk.

Yeah sure
Religion is an illusion of childhood... Outgrown under proper education.