JasYHZ
Topic Author

Ford Explorer Owners? Question About Wiper Arms

Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:08 am

Hi All,

I have a question about my 2007 Explorer. Earlier today I had my windshield replaced because of a crack that developed from a small stone chip. When I came out tonight to go home, I noticed that when the windshield guys replaced the passenger side wiper arm, they reattached it about three inches higher than the driver side one. It looks horrible. I tried to pop it off to readjust it (just align the arm back down level with the bottom of the windshield), but it doesn't seem to want to come off again. There's a little tab on the bottom of the arm that flips out; I thought this may be a locking clip of some sort but even with that pulled out the arm won't pop off the spline.

Anybody have a shop manual or online address I can use (or better yet, ADVICE) on how I can change this without going to the windshield shop.

Thx, JasYHZ
"That's it! You just made the list!"

AsstChiefMark

RE: Ford Explorer Owners? Question About Wiper Arms

Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:19 am

Lift up the wiper arm so it points straight up toward the sky.

Locate a small, sliding tab on the base of the wiper arm where it the arm attached to the post.

Big version: Width: 640 Height: 480 File size: 45kb

Slip a small screwdriver behind the tab as shown.

Big version: Width: 640 Height: 480 File size: 43kb

Holding the spring-loaded tab open with the screwdriver, lift the arm off the post and rotate it to the desired new position.

Big version: Width: 640 Height: 480 File size: 46kb

Tilt the wiper arm down onto the windshield. Repeat until positioned as desired.

Test the wipers on high speed with a wet windshield to make sure it doesn't slap against the windshield trim.
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

JasYHZ
Topic Author

RE: Ford Explorer Owners? Question About Wiper Arms

Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:07 am

wow.

amazing.

you are the man....

Thx, JasYHZ
"That's it! You just made the list!"