trav110

Undercover Cop Poses As Drug-Using Student

Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:54 am

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/11588917/detail.html

Quote:
WINDER -- Eleven high school students are behind bars after a major undercover drug sting at their school.

Winder police say the students, ages 15 to 19, sold drugs to other students at Winder-Barrow High School.

The 11 students were arrested on campus Monday morning and they then being processed at the Barrow County Jail.

Police say instead of spending time in the classroom, they’ll be learning a hard lesson behind bars.

I live in neighboring Oconee county, and I've got a lot of friends and a couple old coworkers that go to Winder-Barrow. I heard about what happened in passing the other day at school, but when I noticed a headline on Digg I was suprised. Talk about an interesting new way to catch drug dealers... One thing is for sure though, the problem is just as bad right across the county line. Sad that these kids screwed up their chance at a normal future; hopefully those who weren't caught see it as a wake up call.

halls120

RE: Undercover Cop Poses As Drug-Using Student

Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:58 am

Quoting Trav110 (Thread starter):
Talk about an interesting new way to catch drug dealers...

Nothing new about this tactic. Law enforcement uses it all the time. The only limiting factor is the shortage of police officers who can pass for high school students.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

WellHung

Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:07 am

Johnny Depp reprising his role?

MDorBust

Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:47 am

Three posts for a 21 Jumpstreet mention. My faith in the geekiness of A.net is restored.
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

AirCop

Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:36 am

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 1):
Nothing new about this tactic

I can remember this tactic being used when I was in high school way back in the late 60's. Didn't work all that well, since the sheriff placed a long hair hippie looking guy, and the school was full of future farmers (FFA), needless to say the narc was lucky to escape with his hair.

DeltaAVL

Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:58 am

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 1):
The only limiting factor is the shortage of police officers who can pass for high school students.

Really? There are tons around here...
"We break, We bend, With hand in hand, When hope is gone, Just hang on." -Guster

AsstChiefMark

Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:05 am

A friend from my high school class became a licensed police officer when he was 19 years old. He looked young and was used as a high school decoy in a nearby town for a year. He's now a lieutenant on the bomb squad for a one of the Twin Cities.

Another friend did the same thing and is now a homicide detective for the same department.

[Edited 2007-04-11 04:09:36]
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail