emrecan

F1: Bahrain GP 2007

Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:36 pm

Now it is time for a hot Bahrain GP. I hope this week it will be more excited than Malaysian GP.

I hope Ferrari will be better this weekend..

bill142

RE: F1: Bahrain GP 2007

Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:45 pm

McLaren will be a threat, Renault will piss fart around and blame tyres, and Honda will still be shit

legoguy

Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:52 am

Quoting Emrecan (Thread starter):
I hope this week it will be more excited than Malaysian GP.

It may not have been exciting for you Ferrari fans, however for McLaren fans, the last race was quite exciting  Smile Excitement is only created when there is more than one team competing for the race win. Ferrari domination is not my idea for an exciting season  Wink

Race prediction...

Kimi
Alonso
Hamilton
Massa (another mistake)
Kubica
Heidfeld
Rosberg

(my prediction is not taking car failures into account  Silly)
Can you say 'Beer Can' without sounding like a Jamaican saying 'Bacon'?

waterpolodan

Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:21 am

I think I agree with your predictions, legoguy... I'm sure Ferrari will rebound, after all, Malaysia was hardly a disaster for them as they still got valuable points and a double finnish. I'd bet one of the two Ferrari drivers takes pole, Mclaren has gotten closer but the outright speed of the Ferrari in qualifying is still the best. I hope Kimi and Fernando have a close fight for the win just like Michael and Fernando did last year in Bahrain, except maybe this time it'll be decided on the track instead of in the pits  Smile. I for one am hoping that Rosberg just finnishes the race, which would surely be in the top 6 if he's running at the end. I felt so bad for him after Malaysia. It'll be interesting to see how BMW fares this weekend, they've been soooo close to the leader's pace and if the track suits them, they could be fighting for the win.

sudden

Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:32 am

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 1):
McLaren will be a threat, Renault will piss fart around and blame tyres, and Honda will still be shit

LOL!
That pretty sums it up.

For pole I think Massa will put in a blistering lap to grab it. That is as far as he will go, again.
I think he will end up outside the podium, again.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

EMA747

Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:35 am

I'm beginning to think that Ferrari has the best car but their drivers seem to be lacking something. Massa has made too many mistakes even at this early stage and doesn't seem to have that something he started to show last year. Kimi does seem the stronger of the two but I haven't really seen too much of his famed speed, and in Malaysia he didn't push as much as he could/should have. I think he won in Oz because the car was working better than the McLaren rather than due to special driving from him.
It's still early days yet so we'll just have to wait and see what happens. The next two or three races will be critical I think and I can't wait for the racing!

Andy S
Failing doesn’t make you a failure. Giving up and refusing to try again does!

Alessandro

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:23 am

Remember new engines for both McLaren and Ferrari, I wonder if Ferrari can run two races in a row with max takeout of their engines?
From New Yorqatar to Califarbia...

legoguy

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:24 am

Quoting EMA747 (Reply 5):
in Malaysia he didn't push as much as he could/should have.

From what I am led to believe, the Ferrari of Kimi had a tuned down engine as to limit the chance of an engine failure.

Quoting Waterpolodan (Reply 3):
I hope Kimi and Fernando have a close fight for the win just like Michael and Fernando did last year in Bahrain, except maybe this time it'll be decided on the track instead of in the pits

bigthumbsup 

waterpolodan

Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:46 am

That is true, I downloaded a video of the full Malaysia race from onboard cameras without commentary, and it seems to me that when the camera switches back and forth from onboard Massa's car to onboard Kimi's, the engine isn't revving as high, and when he was behind Hamilton (the whole race, pretty much) he was trying to stay out of the slipstream as much as possible to avoid overheating. I think Kimi's drive was excellent given the constraints placed on him by the water leak in Australia, and it was a drive with the championship firmly in mind.

legoguy

Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:50 am

Quoting Waterpolodan (Reply 8):

I think we will not see who the real championship contenders are until at least the 5th or 6th grandprix.

BMW could be better, as we have only seen the pace of Heidfeld and not Kubica.

We have only seen the pace of Kimi once and that was the first race and doesn't really count.

Massa may eventually wise up and start driving like an ace.

Williams have yet to have luck on their side in a grandprix. Out of all teams, Williams deserve the points the most. They constantly have rotten luck. Sooner or later, they will have a speel of good luck, and that's when we'll see their true pace.

Toyota, I've no idea on them

Honda, until they have that new car designed, not even bother with them.

Spyker, to be honest I blame the Ferrari engines  Silly

Renault have admitted they have problems but should they eventually sort those problems out and thats when we may just see them challenging for the higher end points.

McLarens have done better than many have expect with both drivers achieving from the word GO.

Who have I left out?

Super Aguri, Davidson has also had rotten luck, but when luck is on his side, I can picture him earning a point or 2 this season, and the same goes to Sato.

Shit, I just burnt my toast writting all this crap!  Sad

Redbull, mmmmm I'm unsure. Webber seems to have out performed Coulthard however David has had terrible luck.

Torro Rosso....Do they have Ferrari engines?  Silly

BlueElephant

Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:20 am

I think Kimi will take this one...but Alonso will put up a fight.
Alonso will take Second, and Hamilton will take Third.

Massa will make another mistake..

I think Someone random....like Heidfeld will take pole though...(just something different  Smile)

I hope though that its another good show by Hamilton...he's brilliant.

Duff44

Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:48 am

Am I the only one who thinks they need to ditch the 2-races-per-engine rule?

Why should a water leak in Australia cost Kimi at Malaysia? That's just stupid. Even NASCAM doesn't do that (of course, the races are 3 to 4x as long)

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 9):

We have only seen the pace of Kimi once and that was the first race and doesn't really count

Ummm... why not? Last I checked Kimi was flat faster than everyone else that weekend.

Spyker, to be honest I blame the Ferrari engines

I'm blaming the fact they're spending inordinate amounts of time getting injunctions filed and such instead of wrenching their race cars.

Shit, I just burnt my toast writting all this crap!

Mmmm.... toasty Big grin
"Well done" burnt, or "charcoal" burnt? I like it well done myself...

David has had terrible luck

I saw him run completely out of talent in Australia... I'd hardly call that luck
I'll rassle ya for a bowl of bacon!

sudden

Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:27 pm

Quoting EMA747 (Reply 5):
and in Malaysia he didn't push as much as he could/should have.

Due to the waterleak in Oz, they had to preserve the engine, so he was not able to go faster then he did.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

bill142

Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:43 pm

Quoting Waterpolodan (Reply 8):
Kimi's, the engine isn't revving as high, and when he was behind Hamilton (the whole race, pretty much) he was trying to stay out of the slipstream as much as possible to avoid overheating

Aparently the water leak didn't happen and it was made up like the media. Sometime the Ferrari press room are almost like a communist government with some of the rubbish that comes out of it.

I think we will not see who the real championship contenders are until at least the 5th or 6th grandprix.

I think it will come down to Kimi and Fernando. Massa and maybe Heidfeld if BMW take the next step in car developmenet, might be the dark horses.

Honda, until they have that new car designed, not even bother with them.

It's shameful when the customer team can beat you. Just watch Williams hang Toyota out to dry

Spyker, to be honest I blame the Ferrari engines

It's odd that Spkyer have had an engine failure yet Ferrari haven't. It will be quite interesting to watch how many Spykers blow up compared to Ferraris over the season.

McLarens have done better than many have expect with both drivers achieving from the word GO.

They've finally got their act together. Alonsos arrival has undoubtedly had an effect on the whole team.

BMW could be better, as we have only seen the pace of Heidfeld and not Kubica.

Kubica was un lucky in Australia. He showed good qualifying performace in Australia, but I'm not sure what went wrong in Malaysia. Hopefully he can start to show some of the same brill

Shit, I just burnt my toast writting all this crap!

rotfl   rotfl 

Quoting Duff44 (Reply 11):
I saw him run completely out of talent in Australia... I'd hardly call that luck

The talent got left at McLaren  wink 

emrecan

Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:50 pm

Legoguy:

"Ferrari domination is not my idea for an exciting season" This is not my idea for an exciting season.

Remember Hungary 2006, it was the most exciting GP for a long period time. This is what I mean for excitement.

Only Ferrari and McLaren fighting for the title is not enough, I have hopes for BMW after 2 races. It will be great minimum 4 teams fighting for the 1st place.

Let's wait and see....

Emrecan

cornish

Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:54 pm

Put simply after two races those that will be pretty happy with the way things are going are:

Ferrari (except Massa)
McLaren
BMW
Williams
Super Aguri

and those that aren't performing well enough are:

Massa
Kubica - he made an absolute hash of Malaysia by all accounts
All other teams except those above - esp Renault and Honda.
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

jamesbuk

Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:20 pm

Hmm this weekend i reckon it will be....

Kimi
Alonso
Massa
Hamilton
Heidfeld

Rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

bill142

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:53 pm

Quoting Emrecan (Reply 14):

Only Ferrari and McLaren fighting for the title is not enough, I have hopes for BMW after 2 races. It will be great minimum 4 teams fighting for the 1st place.

You mean back to the days when it was McLaren, Ferrari and Williams fighting it out? or in the case of the late 90s' Jordan.

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 16):
Hmm this weekend i reckon it will be....

Kimi
Alonso
Massa
Hamilton
Heidfeld

The result this weekend won't be dramatically different, unless by some bizzare twist of fate McLaren and Ferrari both have double DNFs. Things will spice up a bit more when we get back to Europe and most of the teams bring their first major updates along.

legoguy

Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:28 pm

Ummm... why not? Last I checked Kimi was flat faster than everyone else that weekend.

Because at the first race of the year, because not all teams will be running at their full potential. Ferrari and McLaren may not have been at full potential.

charcoal" burnt

Sad I HATE burnt toast!

Indeed that was his mistake but I won't rule him out of some good points positions this season. He always performs well at Monaco. Remember his 3rd place last year Big grin

Quoting Billybob142 (Reply 13):
It's odd that Spkyer have had an engine failure yet Ferrari haven't. It will be quite interesting to watch how many Spykers blow up compared to Ferraris over the season.

That could be because the Midland's chasis is pushing the limits of the engine, however then again, it may not have anything to do with the chasis. Renault seems to produce decent engines for custmer teams.

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 13):
but I'm not sure what went wrong in Malaysia. Hopefully he can start to show some of the same brill

Quoting Cornish (Reply 15):
Kubica - he made an absolute hash of Malaysia by all accounts

Kubica had a problem with his car in Malaysia so I won't judge him by that performance.

Remember Hungary 2006, it was the most exciting GP for a long period time. This is what I mean for excitement.

Damn that was one great race!!! Big grin

Only Ferrari and McLaren fighting for the title is not enough,

Last year Ferrari and Renault were fighting for the title and that produced some great excitement at every grandprix, right until the end.

cornish

Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:48 pm

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 18):
Kubica had a problem with his car in Malaysia so I won't judge him by that performance.

Rumoured to be somewhat self-inflicted.....

Kubica has fantastic talent clearly. But although I personally rate Heidfeld highly, the paddock view is that Kubica needs to start out qualifying and outracing him. Two races down its early days, but Heidfeld has been best of the rest in both qualifying and races. Kubica needs to start outshining Heidfeld now. If he doesn't and Heidfeld continues to get results then Vettel is waiting in the wings....
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

bill142

Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:50 pm

Raikkonen is fastest in first practice, with Massa, Hamilton, Alonso, and surprisingly Trulli, rounding out the top five respectively. Next were the BMWs of Heidfeld and Kubica followed by Liuzzi, Rosberg and Wurz. Button, of all people, was in 11 followed by Kovalinen, Fisichella, Schumacher, Speed, Sato Barichello, Davidson. Rounding out the field were both RBRs with Webber leading Coulthard who lead the Spykers of Sutil and Albers.

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/070413104342.shtml

sudden

Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:32 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 20):
Raikkonen is fastest in first practice

He is not only fast, but damn fast!
Almost a second faster then the Mclarens.

Renault 12 and 14. Doesn't look promising, again! Must be the tires, right.  Wink

And what will Spyker's excuse be this time, as they have also been blaming the tires.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

jamesbuk

Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:39 pm

Quoting Sudden (Reply 21):
And what will Spyker's excuse be this time, as they have also been blaming the tires.

Lol I wish to know Red bulls excuse! 19th and 20th!! Thats just well a disaster they are, well should be, capable of alot more!.

Rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

bill142

Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:44 pm

The must have designed their car to suit Michelins  wink 

He is not only fast, but damn fast!
Almost a second faster then the Mclarens.

We don't know what kind of programs they were both running. Could be the opposite next session.

ba757

Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:49 pm

I don't think you can read too much really into the practice times, especially session one.

Though going into the race, I think it would be fairly safe to say we will have both Mclaren's and both Ferrari's making up the top four - maybe a BMW will get in and spoil that a bit.

I wouldn't want to take a stab at saying who will win the race - but it surely has to be Alonso or Raikkonen. I don't see Massa beating Kimi, and well, surely Hammy can't go and win this weekend, can he?

Renault 12 and 14. Doesn't look promising, again! Must be the tires, right.

Must be!

sudden

Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:59 pm

Quoting BA757 (Reply 24):
I don't think you can read too much really into the practice times, especially session one.

Fair enough, but 1 second is a huge gap as they were all on hard tires.

Now something else,

Q&A with Kimi

http://www.formula1.com/news/5936.html

Q: What's in your garage at home?
A: I have all kinds of things with motors like bikes and cars... basically anything that is quick.

Q: Tell us something we don't know about you?
A: I've got two dogs, Ajax and Pepe.

Q: Your favourite song for karaoke?
A: I'm not the best singer in the world, but I do like a couple of Finnish singers and bands.

Q: What's the most unusual request you've had from a fan?
A: There have been so many weird requests that it would be better if we don't print them.

Q: Funniest thing you've read about yourself in the press?
A: There have been many. Especially things where they say I was somewhere, doing something when in reality I was at the other side of the world.

Q: When you're at home, what do you listen to when driving?
A: Mainly today's hits and Finnish music.

Q: Best part of being a Formula One driver - apart from the driving?
A: The competition.

Q: Your most prized possession?
A: My wife and my Ferrari Enzo.

Q: What would you be if you weren't a racing driver?
A: I would probably be a professional in hockey or some other sport.

Q: Person you most admire?
A: My parents.

Q: Last good deed you did?
A: Charity things in Finland.

Q: Who would you want to play you in a movie?
A: Somebody who stars in action films.

Q: Do you have any bad habits?
A: Biting my nails.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

bill142

Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:44 pm

After P2 the standings are

Raikkonen, Hamilton, Kubica, Massa, Alonso, Wurz, Heidfeld, Rosberg, Coulthard, Trulli.

Interesting to note that the margin between Raikkonen and Alonso is .257 and .839 back to tenth. Button must have had some kind of a problem as he only complete 19 laps, compared to the average 30 by everyone else, and was 2.552 off the pace. Compare this to Barichello who finished 11th .864 behind Raikkonen.

sudden

Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:50 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 26):
Button must have had some kind of a problem as he only complete 19 laps, compared to the average 30 by everyone else, and was 2.552 off the pace

Maybe he is saving the rest of the laps for Sunday, so he might be able to reach the  checkeredflag .  Wink

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

sudden

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:09 pm

I guess we will not see much more of Button this weekend as he blew his engine during second practise.
Go figure.  Yeah sure

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

bill142

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:26 pm

Quoting Sudden (Reply 28):
I guess we will not see much more of Button this weekend as he blew his engine during second practise.
Go figure.

He shouldn't get a penalty as it didn't happen during the race or qualifying. During practice the 2 weekend rule doesn't apply.

sudden

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:39 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 29):
He shouldn't get a penalty as it didn't happen during the race or qualifying. During practice the 2 weekend rule doesn't apply.

Oh, I thought practice counted as well.
Ah well, now he can use the 19 laps he saved up for Sunday during the practice 1. Big grin

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

bill142

Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:01 pm

Just a note for anyone who is attending a GP this year, make sure you pick up a copy of the Red Bulletin.

Alessandro

Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:28 pm

Rumoured to be somewhat self-inflicted.....

Kubica has fantastic talent clearly. But although I personally rate Heidfeld highly, the paddock view is that Kubica needs to start out qualifying and outracing him. Two races down its early days, but Heidfeld has been best of the rest in both qualifying and races. Kubica needs to start outshining Heidfeld now. If he doesn't and Heidfeld continues to get results then Vettel is waiting in the wings....

Quoting Cornish (Reply 19):

Well, Kubica hasn´t gone a full season yet, so no point of critizes someone who raced first time at some tracks, Heidfeld
is veteran in comparision...

bill142

Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:59 pm

Massa takes pole, with Hamilton taking his first front row. Raikkonen and Alonso are third and fourth respectivley with Heidfeld and Kubica on the third row. Fisichella got his Renault upto seventh and the always eighth Aussie, Mark Webber in eighth no less.

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/070414142117.shtml

legoguy

Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:18 pm

Hamilton is in striking distance of Massa, It looks like there will also be a great battle throughout the race between Alonso and Kimi. Must not forget Davidson who managed to put in a good performance to finish 10th in the 2nd session and 13th overall!

Fisi also did a decent job putting the Renault on 7th, although he may be ligther than other cars.

I'm ready for a great race tomorrow! Big grin

Alessandro

Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:29 pm

Interesting lineup, this was Ferraris 100th pole BTW.

ltbewr

Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:36 pm

One has to admit to the surprise of the season so far is Hamilton/McLaren-Mercedes. Here is a guy in only his 3rd F-1 race, and he has finished 2nd, 3rd and Qualified 2nd for tomorrow's race. It is also a credit to Mc-Laren-Mercedes that they have a hot car this year. After tomorrow, F-1 gets into critical races, especially Monaco in late May. That will be a key to the season for all drivers.
If Hamilton appears on the podium, or just off it in the next several races, I suspect that due to his African herritage, he will get a big play in the American media when F1 gets to Indy in June as there are virtually no drivers of African herritage in major racing in the USA. I also suspect that many Brits are happy to see a competive driver from their country. Imanage the hype for him when he races in the UK later this year.
Let us all hope for a clean and competative race tomorrow.

bill142

Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:22 pm

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 36):
I suspect that due to his African herritage,

He is actually of Caribbean decent.

sudden

Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:01 am

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 33):
the always eighth Aussie, Mark Webber in eighth no less.

I have never doubted Webbers ability, and today he showed very strong performance as a driver, compared to his fading team mate.

Again Massa did his blistering lap, but I think Kimi and Alonso carry more fuel then row 1. What do you think?
Hamilton will again be able to block at least one Ferrari, and that is the one who is the biggest threat when it comes to points in the championship, at present.

Very well done to both BMW drivers, and as already mentioned, Davidson did a brilliant job together with his team.
They have already passed other established team after only 1 year in F1. That in itself is a winner.

Fisi up to 7, so maybe they have starting to understand the Brigestone tires!?

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

waterpolodan

Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:29 am

Quoting Alessandro (Reply 35):
Interesting lineup, this was Ferraris 100th pole BTW.

Actually, it was their 189th pole...

One has to admit to the surprise of the season so far is Hamilton/McLaren-Mercedes.

Agreed, I am totally blown away by his talent and although it is highlighted by a Mclaren that is arguably the most competitive to come out of Woking since their cars of '99 and '00, he set fastest lap in Malaysia and has now outqualified his 2 time WC teammate. Amazing! He will win races this year, I guarantee that. It is so exciting for me to see such a close battle between Ferrari and Mclaren, and it is especially fantastic that both teams have 2 obviously talented drivers that will be at the head of the field on any given weekend instead of one driver from each team battling it out, like the Schumacher/Hakkinen days or going futher back, Senna/Prost. Now we have 4 potential winners, no team orders, and a BMW team that is snapping on the heels of the top 2. I can't wait for the race tomorrow, I hope Felipe gets a good start because when he's out front he doesn't seem to make the same mistakes he does when he is chasing somebody, and he could show some more of his amazing speed.

legoguy

Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:11 am

Quoting Waterpolodan (Reply 39):
Now we have 4 potential winners, no team orders

I believe this is the first time in a long time that two teams have been competing for championships with both drivers virtually as good as each other.

We have Kimi and Massa in Ferrari, both talented drivers, both capable of winning the championship. The same at McLaren, Alonso and Hamilton are talented drivers capable of winning the championship.

Before now it was Alonso and Fisi at Renault... Alonso had no competition

Schumi and a crazy Massa last year... no competition

Schumi and Barichello, no real compeition although team orders did play a role

Hakkinen and Coulthard....Mika slightly outclassed Coulthard in those days.

So IMO this season will be one of the most exciting yet.

Brits are happy to see a competive driver from their country. Imagine the hype for him when he races in the UK later this year.

Damn right we are! When Button won his grandprix last year, the tickets for Silverstone 2007 sold like hot cakes within a week! Imagine what it will be like with Hamilton constantly challenging for race wins!

Although I have to say I'm quite happy for Anthony Davidson at Super Aguri. He has been a great tester for Honda and has really deserved a racing season. He will be in Formula one racing as a race driver for the next few years!  Smile Davidson would have to be my favourite driver this year!

Quoting Sudden (Reply 38):
I think Kimi and Alonso carry more fuel then row 1. What do you think?

yes 

The battle between Massa and Hamilton will be for the first stint, however I would believe that the battle between Alonso and Kimi will be for the race win. Both row 2 positions are on race winning strategies. Both Row 1 cars are not on race winning strategies.

waterpolodan

Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:53 am

I'm not sure, Massa was only half a second ahead of Kimi in 3rd and Kimi complained of getting held up on his 2 fastest laps, which could mean they are on the same or similar strategy...

legoguy

Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:01 am

Quoting Waterpolodan (Reply 41):

Then perhaps only Alonso on race winning stretegy  Silly

Also interesting to note how laid back Alonso was today. He never really challenged Hamilton throughout the quali and was last out of the garage at the start of the 3rd quali session. Hamilton on the other hand was leader of the pack coming out of the pits at the start of 3rd quali.

Also..... Blue smoke coming from the back of Hamiltons car... could this mean a possible failure tomorrow?

sudden

Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:20 am

Quoting Waterpolodan (Reply 41):
I'm not sure, Massa was only half a second ahead of Kimi in 3rd and Kimi complained of getting held up on his 2 fastest laps, which could mean they are on the same or similar strategy...

Half a sec. in F1 is HUGE, so I am not so sure to be honest.

I think Hamilton will be blocking Kimi for all he is worth, but Kimi is not Massa, and will wait until Hamilton gives him the space to take him (remember Kimis move on Fisi at Susuka?). This is my prediction if they make it through the first corner in the same order as the line up was.

Did you also notice the way Massa blocked Kimi on the outlap in Q3?
LOL as it is true what our Dutch commentator said, Welcome to the Saturday mini race, he said.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

bill142

Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:49 am

Quoting Sudden (Reply 38):
Again Massa did his blistering lap, but I think Kimi and Alonso carry more fuel then row 1. What do you think?
Hamilton will again be able to block at least one Ferrari, and that is the one who is the biggest threat when it comes to points in the championship, at present.

If Hamilton make a start as good as the one at Sepang, he will probably lead the first stint. Hamilton thinks he could have had pole.

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 42):
Also..... Blue smoke coming from the back of Hamiltons car... could this mean a possible failure tomorrow?

Lets just hope it was some overfill burning off.

Quoting Sudden (Reply 43):
Half a sec. in F1 is HUGE, so I am not so sure to be honest.

If Kimi is half a second behind, then he is almost certainly carrying more fuel the Massa. Even Hamilton is considerably slower then Massa. Hamilton, Alonso and Raikkonen will probably all pit within 2 laps of each other, while Massa will stop about 4 -5 laps earlier.

sudden

Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:18 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 44):
If Kimi is half a second behind, then he is almost certainly carrying more fuel the Massa. Even Hamilton is considerably slower then Massa. Hamilton, Alonso and Raikkonen will probably all pit within 2 laps of each other, while Massa will stop about 4 -5 laps earlier.

In my mind, if Kimi makes it 3-0 between him and Massa today, we will see Kimi as the no. 1 driver this season with Massa playing the second tune. Just like he did with Schumi.

Well, My vote is with Kimi indeed, but honestly, I think Massa is to agressive and therefore makes to much mistakes.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

sudden

Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:25 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 44):
Bill142

When talking about fule and who is heavy, this offers some interesting reading, and confirms that we are not the only one who thinks this is the case,
http://www.formula1.com/race/news/5957/772.html

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

bill142

Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:25 pm

Quoting Sudden (Reply 46):

See.. I'm more then just a pretty face.

sudden

Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:09 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 47):
See.. I'm more then just a pretty face.

Who said you were pretty!? Big grin

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

bill142

Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:08 pm

Is anyone else having problems with the living timing on formula1.com? Or are you all watching the race on Tv and completely ignoring Anet?