clickhappy

Arrests Up In Atlanta Airport Restrooms

Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:32 am

At the world's busiest airport, plainclothes officers patrolling public restrooms in search of luggage thieves have instead uncovered a rash of other, more sordid crimes.

The new restroom dragnet has led to the arrests of more than 30 people in three months for indecent exposure and public sex acts at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.

Airport restrooms apparently have become such popular meeting places for men looking for sexual trysts with other men that they have been suggested several times as meeting places in personal ads on the Web site Craigslist.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8OETTJO0&show_article=1

jmy007

RE: Arrests Up In Atlanta Airport Restrooms

Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:54 am

Yikes! Quite an artical, however, it did not state weather these were restrooms before or after security. I would think one couldn't meet up out on the concourses's bathrooms.
Cookies are the Gateway pastry. They lead to Éclairs and Bear Claws.

atnight

Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:12 am

Quoting Clickhappy (Thread starter):
Airport restrooms apparently have become such popular meeting places for men looking for sexual trysts with other men that they have been suggested several times as meeting places in personal ads on the Web site Craigslist.

This is just so sick!! Not only is it nasty (health wise) to do something in a public bathroom, but when children or other man walk in there, to see stuff like that is just gross... the article mentions that a head of the metropolitan transit department, Mr. Wall, was caught with another man.. Hope he has enough cash stacked somewhere to pay... just sick!
B707 B727 B733/5/7/8/9 B742/4 B752/3 B763/4 B772 A310 A318/319/320 A332 A343 MD80 DC9/10 CRJ200 ERJ145 ERJ-170 Be1900 Da

OA260

Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:45 am

Quoting Atnight (Reply 2):
when children

I dont care what people do in private places but my main concern would be as above ''children''!!! Its very wrong to even risk a child seeing this kind of thing whether it be a man on man or man on women situation. People should have respect but look at what they do on aeroplane lavatories these days !!!!

BrettFromCLT

Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:59 am

Don't they have rest areas in Atlanta?

MaverickM11

Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:22 am

men looking for sexual trysts with other men

This makes me want to not be gay. For god's sake men, WHERE IS YOUR DIGNITY? Just come out of the bloody closet and stop gettin' nasty at the Y/gym/park/restrooms. Y'all need to love yo'selves and not look for sex in a dirty airport bathroom.
E pur si muove -Galileo

ltbewr

Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:36 am

Many years ago, (early 1990's?) when my father dropped me off at EWR, he went to the mens room adjacent to the check in areas (before security) and said he saw a guy shooting up drugs. Not long after that, the Port Authority took actions to boot out the homeless, druggies, crooks hanging around the airport. Actions included removing seats in the check in halls, putting in metal bars to prevent people to sit at the windowsills, more cops in the halls and checking in at the rest rooms, and so on. Sounds like to me that ATL needs to do the same. Perhaps some more patrols at the airports, tell visitors to the airport to report innapropiate beheavor to the police could help.

DiscoverCSG

Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:48 am

Quoting BrettFromCLT (Reply 4):

That's a bit of a sore subject here in the little city of Columbus. Along the 90-minute drive from here to ATL (the airport), almost all through forest and field, there are no rest areas.

I can't tell you how many times I've had to stop at some REALLY boondockish place to use the men's room going to/from ATL. I have to stay hydrated to fly!!!!

[Edited 2007-04-12 21:49:53]

srbmod

Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:16 am

Quoting BrettFromCLT (Reply 4):

Yes, but it's only a matter of time before the last one in Metro Atlanta is closed down. Over the years they closed pretty much all of them in the area (most were really nothing more than roadside picnic areas). And the reason for closing them was because of drugs, prostitution, and meeting spots for anonymous sex.

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 6):
Perhaps some more patrols at the airports, tell visitors to the airport to report innapropiate beheavor to the police could help.

There's no telling how much of this sort of activity was going on at ATL before the undercover cops started increased patrols within the airport. There was a sidebar with stats posted in an article on this subject that showed the number of arrests for various reasons @ ATL over the last few years. The increase is due to the fact that the police changed their tactics in regards to luggage thieves at the airport. These arrests are pretty much a side note to the actual intent of these officers. While their main target are luggage thieves, they cannot ignore other illegal activities going on in the bathrooms and other places in the airport.

XJetflyer

Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:40 am

This seems to be a growing problem in many public bathrooms. Not to mention the messages and phone numbers left on walls for imediated sexual encounters. I have noticed more privacy boards and better stalls are being put in to public bathrooms. There use to be a time where a man would use the urinal with no privacy without fear of some weirdo drooling over your package for fear of what would happen. This has nothing to do with being gay. These are individuals that need help and they are sick people!

EWRCabincrew

Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:47 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 5):
For god's sake men, WHERE IS YOUR DIGNITY? Just come out of the bloody closet and stop gettin' nasty at the Y/gym/park/restrooms. Y'all need to love yo'selves and not look for sex in a dirty airport bathroom.

checkmark 

Quoting Atnight (Reply 2):
Not only is it nasty (health wise) to do something in a public bathroom

And what of the milehigh club? It is the same thing.

Quoting OA260 (Reply 3):
People should have respect but look at what they do on aeroplane lavatories these days !!!!

Nasty no matter how you look at it. A public restroom is just that. A public restroom.
You can't cure stupid

Evan767

Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:58 am

That's just disgusting. I know if I were a child and I saw that, I'd be traumatized. Take that sh** elsewhere.
The proper term is "on final" not "on finals" bud...

jimyvr

Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:12 am

WHERE IS YOUR DIGNITY?

It's actually about sexual fantasy, voyeurism.

Been there done that, not the airport at least. At least I'm amused why they have to put their phone numbers on the stalls or the crack of the walls and blah.

[Edited 2007-04-13 01:13:58]
1000 - 01MAR07 | http://airlineroute.blogspot.com/

iboam

Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:37 am

I am with you there man. This kind of thing is just wrong. If you're going to do it in a public place, please at least be respectful enough not to do it in the worlds busiest airport!

Now the mile high club that's another story. No little kid is going to walk in on you and your, well, other, and go back screaming to his mommy.

smashme33

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:05 am

Quoting DiscoverCSG (Reply 7):
That's a bit of a sore subject here in the little city of Columbus. Along the 90-minute drive from here to ATL (the airport), almost all through forest and field, there are no rest areas.

Being originally from Columbus, I can testify to the fact that I-185 is a Bladder Control Highway!

Alitalia744

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:13 am

mmmm random, dirty gay sex.
Some see lines, others see between the lines.

jbmitt

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:25 am

This behavior is common. I think that society has for the most part villianized gay sex. Unfortunately, there shouldn't be any difference between heterosexual and homosexual sex in the bathrooms. In either instance, there are better locations to engage in such behavior.

However, Atlanta with flights to everywhere, would be a convenient for hook-ups from far away places.

TWAL1011

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:27 am

Aww shucks,

This was one reason I loved connecting in Atlanta. Esp. loved the A concourse.

smashme33

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:29 am

The airport is becoming the bus station.

jmc1975

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:30 am

Does "Sea Bass" ever frequent ATL? Or does he just stick to highway gas station restrooms?

Evan767

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:31 am

Quoting Jbmitt (Reply 17):
This behavior is common. I think that society has for the most part villianized gay sex. Unfortunately, there shouldn't be any difference between heterosexual and homosexual sex in the bathrooms. In either instance, there are better locations to engage in such behavior.

Gay sex would be much more traumatizing to a child than a man and a woman.

TSS

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:33 am

Quoting XJETFlyer (Reply 9):
I have noticed more privacy boards and better stalls are being put in to public bathrooms.

And it's about bloody time!

Quoting XJETFlyer (Reply 9):
There use to be a time where a man would use the urinal with no privacy without fear of some weirdo drooling over your package for fear of what would happen. This has nothing to do with being gay.

Exactly. I'm nobody's prize, but more than once I've had to tell someone "Eyes forward, dude" at a public urinal.

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Reply 10):
And what of the milehigh club? It is the same thing.

Aside from the "Ew!" factor, I can only assume that members of the milehigh club are either midgets, contortionists, or multiple amputees. There is barely room for me by myself in an aircraft lav, let alone room enough for two people at once, and there's certainly not room enough get busy in there.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

stlgph

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:42 am

Quoting Alitalia744 (Reply 16):
mmmm random, dirty gay sex.

i agree!

i love it!

i'm laughing about this entire situation there.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

AeroWesty

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:54 am

I knew something like this would happen after they closed the Meat Rack.
International Homo of Mystery

smashme33

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:54 am

Quoting Phxtravelboy (Reply 23):
But if it's two guys, how would they be "more traumatized"? They wouldn't think that's "wrong" if they weren't brought up that way by their ignorant parents.

Right on! Unfortunately, some people have hatred for different types of people and spread it right to their children.

767Lover

Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:12 pm

I have a colleague who worked for ATL airport administration until very recently. When the story came out about the MARTA chief being arrested, I asked her about the bathroom situation and it was news to her as well.

stlgph

Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:14 pm

Quoting 767Lover (Reply 27):
I asked her about the bathroom situation and it was news to her as well.

note use of the word "her"
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

fewsolarge

Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:18 pm

It's a shame we've built a society where this is more noteworthy and scandalous than a couple of dogs humping.

And it's also pretty damn funny when a grown adult, fully knowing the law and the consequences, gets caught.

jimyvr

Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:48 pm

Quoting Evan767 (Reply 21):

Parents telling their children with their nasty, bigotry, homophobic description on gay sex is actually more traumatizing than Gay sex itself.

Evan767

Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:57 pm

Quoting Phxtravelboy (Reply 23):
Oh Please!!! Care to explain this ignorant comment? A child witnessing any kind of sexual behavior may be affected. If it's a child under 5 I doubt they'd even have a clue what was going on anyway. But if it's two guys, how would they be "more traumatized"? They wouldn't think that's "wrong" if they weren't brought up that way by their ignorant parents.

I am not going to be able to defend this very well since this site is full of gays. But if a child witnesses "a man and a man" before they don't even know what "a woman and a man" is all about, it might lead to much more confusion in the child. I know if I saw something like that when I was first learning about that kind of stuff, I'd be confused.

chgoflyer

Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:10 pm

I get hit on all the time at ATL and ORD. Im pretty kicked back about it but often wonder why do these guys show themselves where kids could walk in at any time?

On a recent trip to MSP walk in on two guys going at it right out in the open in a mens room.
Will someone please wake me up in 4 years

md80fanatic

Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:13 pm

Quoting Evan767 (Reply 32):
I am not going to be able to defend this very well since this site is full of gays. But if a child witnesses "a man and a man" before they don't even know what "a woman and a man" is all about, it might lead to much more confusion in the child. I know if I saw something like that when I was first learning about that kind of stuff, I'd be confused.

Better watch out dude. Revealing the ultimate game plan is sure to draw some ire in here.

Sex is for private places ONLY. There is no excuse for this behaviour in public, it doesn't matter who is doing what to whom....what sex they are etc......time to grow up people. And especially for the gays in here.....would you want your child to happen across any type of private sexual behaviour in public? If you don't say an emphatic NO then you shouldn't be a parent.

jimyvr

Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:31 pm

Quoting Evan767 (Reply 32):
I am not going to be able to defend this very well since this site is full of gays. But if a child witnesses "a man and a man" before they don't even know what "a woman and a man" is all about, it might lead to much more confusion in the child

It is a period of confusion and curiosity for kids, no matter which race. But it is up to the parents on how they teach their kids, which of course these days majority of the parents are still acting like ostrich just putting their heads in sand dunes to avoid it, or being extremely critical and teach their kids the wrong value.

And please, since when this site is full of gays?

Quoting MD80fanatic (Reply 34):
Sex is for private places ONLY

Since when? Even the straights have sex in their cars, isn't that a public place since you parked it at a parking lot or something like that?

would you want your child to happen across any type of private sexual behaviour in public? If you don't say an emphatic NO then you shouldn't be a parent.

While it is true that no one, even the gays, wants their children to come across to it, but the real issue for parents being unfit ones is telling them "that is wrong" and "gay is wrong".

It is amusing to see straight people give themselves easy time when it comes to straight erotic sex in erotic places but it is so abnormal and pervert-minded for gays doing so.

jetdeltamsy

Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:49 pm

They should be arrested. No different than having sex in public parks and rest areas...long known as meeting places for men seeking sex with men.

Airport are "family" places. There is no room for this type of behavior.
Tired of airline bankruptcies....EA/PA/TW and finally DL.

sylvcath

Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:02 pm

Sounds like ATL needs a glory hole or two. At least then, with the stall doors closed, there could at least be a semblance of privacy (and anonymity)  Wink

All joking aside, I don't see how this comes as a big surprise to anyone. Our culture is essentially that of a sexually liberated society, and there are those who will push that idea to the maximum. I remember hearing something about a Catholic cathedral having to be exorcised (or a similar procedure) because two people got paid to 'do it' during Mass. So why not an airport? There will surely be plenty of spectators!

Not saying it's right; far from it. Just saying it is.

Quoting Jimyvr (Reply 35):
It is amusing to see straight people give themselves easy time when it comes to straight erotic sex in erotic places but it is so abnormal and pervert-minded for gays doing so.

checkmark  I know plenty of people who brag about being card-carrying Mile-High Club members. I wouldn't...
"sylvcath" = Sylvan Catharsis

jimyvr

Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:05 pm

Quoting Jetdeltamsy (Reply 36):
Airport are "family" places. There is no room for this type of behavior.

Well, homes are family places, so does this mean even straight can't have sex then?  Wink

TSS

Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:43 pm

Quoting Jimyvr (Reply 38):
Well, homes are family places, so does this mean even straight can't have sex then?

According to several married guys I know, that is very much the case. Big grin
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

kiwiinoz

Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:58 pm

Quoting Jimyvr (Reply 31):
Parents telling their children with their nasty, bigotry, homophobic description on gay sex is actually more traumatizing than Gay sex itself.

Agree, but still, straight or gay, would be a nasty sight for a child

Sex is for private places ONLY. There is no excuse for this behaviour in public

Buddy, you haven't lived.

FCYTravis

Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:09 pm

Quoting Evan767 (Reply 21):

It would only be more traumatizing to a child who's been indoctrinated with homophobia by his or her parents. As, apparently, you have.
USAir A321 service now departing for SFO with fuel stops in CAK, COS and RNO. Enjoy your flight.

CaptOveur

Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:22 pm

Why the hell is it that gay men seem to be so in love with this random hookup thing? In comparison its pretty rare to find straight couples, or even lesbian couples doing this. I mean I know it happens but I just don't get why it seems like gay men are statistically more likely to do the public sex thing.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

Dougloid

Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:55 pm

men looking for sexual trysts with other men

This makes me want to not be gay. For god's sake men, WHERE IS YOUR DIGNITY? Just come out of the bloody closet and stop gettin' nasty at the Y/gym/park/restrooms. Y'all need to love yo'selves and not look for sex in a dirty airport bathroom.

Agreed.

Back in the day when I lived in Michigan a guy stopped at a rest stop on the highway so his kid could make a piss stop. He walked in on three guys hooked up in series.
A complaint was filed and an investigation started with hidden cams. After a suitable interval and after the videos had made the rounds of police smokers the guilty parties were arrested and charged with public lewdness....among them were several fairly high profile people including the number two person at the University of Michigan at the time.

I dunno....my cousin Ed was a consumer of anonymous bathhouse sex in a certain city on the left coast. He told my old lady all about it but never breathed a word to me. That's what I woulda said-fer chrissakes come out and have a normal relationship with somebody you care about.

Funny thing is, after all that he decided being a hetero was where it's at, went straight and never looks back.
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

max999

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:07 pm

Quoting CaptOveur (Reply 42):

Why the hell is it that gay men seem to be so in love with this random hookup thing? In comparison its pretty rare to find straight couples, or even lesbian couples doing this. I mean I know it happens but I just don't get why it seems like gay men are statistically more likely to do the public sex thing.

It's because most women aren't into random hookups...many women are looking for a more emotional connection found in a relationship. This whole random sex thing is mostly a male thing because men, gay or straight, are horny creatures. That's why you don't find straight or lesbian couples doing this as much because one side of the equation isn't into random sex.

However, there are many women who are into hookups. Go on Craigslist and look under the M4W or W4M section and you'll find lots of solicitations for random sex.

[Edited 2007-04-13 16:11:20]
All the things I really like to do are either immoral, illegal, or fattening.

Superfly

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:17 pm

plainclothes officers patrolling public restrooms

Private DIcks to patrol..... or nevermind.  Smile

Are they doing it in the stalls or in the middle of the floor near the sinks?
I have no problems with people doing it in public, I just don't get the whole public bathroom thing!  confused 
Bathrooms STINK!
The smell of someone else taking a dump would kill any sort of erotic desires for me.
The only time I've ever done it in a restroom was in a restroom with own sink and toilet, not multiple stalls. No one can walk in on you in that situation.
Bring back the Concorde