53Sqdn
Topic Author

Warmest Day Of The Year So Far

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:22 pm

here in Southern England. In the 70's. Another way to tell....

The strimmers are strimming and the mowers are mowing. Damn! Why don't people check the grass for stones etc. before mowing? It's like shrapnel alley here. Anyway, the kids are screaming (happy little boggers) and the dogs are barking (mad). Also, the mechanics are 'tuning and revving' their beat up cars almost in time to the music. Hang on! What's this? Two 'I Scream' wagons are touting for business. One's playing 'Dixie' and the other is playing (don't know the name of the tune) but, the words that I know are, 'H*tl*r has only got one b*ll' etc.*

Still, the kids are back at school tomorrow  Smile and the strimming,mowing, car revving music players will be back at work.

Roll on Summer  laughing   old   snaggletooth 

*Colonel Bogie March? Probably wrong but, going to enjoy the BBQ now. Burnt sausages anyone?

jamesbuk

RE: Warmest Day Of The Year So Far

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:42 pm

Quoting 53Sqdn (Thread starter):

Isnt it teacher training tomorow? is for me Big grin

Anyway have fun, nice and quiet here  silly 

Rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

53Sqdn
Topic Author

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:58 pm

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 1):

Isnt it teacher training tomorow? is for me

Anyway have fun, nice and quiet here

Rgds --James--

Thanks for the info James. (Dammit) gnasher  Hope you enjoy your 'quiet' day  bigthumbsup 

TheSorcerer

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:26 pm

well i hate to rub it in guys but I'm back to school on wednesday. Big grin

Dominic
ALITALIA,All Landings In Torino, All Luggage In Athens ;)

Queso

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:27 pm

Warmest Day Of The Year So Far

Week before last it got to 90 degrees, then 4 days later we had 28 degrees and an inch of a half of snow (day before Easter no less). 4 days after that it was 85 again. This time of the year in West Texas we always have wacky weather. Most of the trees were in full leaf and now the leaves are brown and dried up but the 52mph winds we had day before yesterday help to clear a lot of them from the trees.

So now we'll start over, hopefully the trees will bud out again and will look nice in a couple of weeks or so when we have our first 100 degree day.

53Sqdn
Topic Author

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:35 pm

Quoting Queso (Reply 4):
Week before last it got to 90 degrees, then 4 days later we had 28 degrees and an inch of a half of snow (day before Easter no less). 4 days after that it was 85 again. This time of the year in West Texas we always have wacky weather. Most of the trees were in full leaf and now the leaves are brown and dried up but the 52mph winds we had day before yesterday help to clear a lot of them from the trees.

So now we'll start over, hopefully the trees will bud out again and will look nice in a couple of weeks or so when we have our first 100 degree day.

That sounds like some really whacky weather Queso. Hopefully the trees will survive and so will you Big grin

mhodgson

Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:47 am

Quoting TheSorcerer (Reply 3):
well i hate to rub it in guys but I'm back to school on wednesday.

2 weeks still - and no school at the end of it  Smile
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

ANother

Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:59 am

It was 26C today in Geneva. However due to the very civilised laws of this country - power mowing, strimming etc are forbiden on the day of rest. [cloudnine]

shamrock350

Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:14 am

I hope this weather lasts till the start of May. I've got my year 11 prom (before GCSEs) and it's just another excuse for us to drink alcohol underage and spend all our money on a single limo that we cram into and drive around London gving our town a bad name by shouting at people out of the windows, FUN!

Klaus

Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:25 am

I'd actually prefer a nightly spring rain (00:00 - 07:00) to keep everything nice and fresh without the drought we're beginning to move into...

No question about sunny days, of course! Big grin

A340600

Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:34 am

here in Southern England. In the 70's. Another way to tell....

Yep, hit 24C here in West Sussex today, pleasant after arriving from KEF Wink

Quoting Klaus (Reply 9):
without the drought we're beginning to move into...

Are Germany low on water? As far as i'm aware after our mild and very wet winter our resevoirs are at brilliant levels,

Sam
Despite the name I am a Boeing man through and through!

David L

Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:45 am

*Colonel Bogie March?

Correct - I know my ice-cream.

Quoting ANother (Reply 7):
It was 26C today in Geneva.

Make sure it stays that way. I'm arriving on Wednesday and staying for 10 days. I don't want to hear any excuses.

Klaus

Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:47 am

Quoting A340600 (Reply 10):
Are Germany low on water? As far as i'm aware after our mild and very wet winter our resevoirs are at brilliant levels,

The general vegetation doesn't see much benefit from the reservoirs, and if we get an extended sunshine period it may get quite dry and dusty anyway. But of course we're not there yet.  Smile

flyingbabydoc

Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:51 am

Quoting Klaus (Reply 12):
But of course we're not there yet

We will be... We will be....  Sad

Forecast for Germany this summer is bleak. Extremely warm and dry. Today it was almost 30°C in Dresden, when it should be around 15-16°C tops.

Alex
Marriage is the art of turning a lover into a relative

WestJetForLife

Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:52 am

18-20C yesterday in Calgary. Was half-half clouds/sun, then went to overcast and rain (low of 8C, quite relaxing to hear the rain against the window).

Today, well, is another average spring day here in the city. It's about 11, partly cloudy with the sun hiding away like the 'girl next door' when she sees you peeping at her changing.

Cheers,
Nik
I need a drink.

Klaus

Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:01 am

Quoting David L (Reply 11):
Make sure it stays that way. I'm arriving on Wednesday and staying for 10 days. I don't want to hear any excuses.

Oh no! There goes the neighbourhood!  cool 

David L

Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:06 am

Quoting Klaus (Reply 15):
Oh no! There goes the neighbourhood!

I shall be bringing my own supply of CO2, just in case.  duck 

Klaus

Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:14 am

Quoting David L (Reply 16):
I shall be bringing my own supply of CO2, just in case.

Undoubtedly mixed with various sulfurous gases...!  mischievous 

Good to know I'll still be a safe distance away, then.

HUYguy

Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:17 am

I actually got tanned today. Just sunbathing in the garden.

As for all you guys that have to go back to school this week, I still have another week left! My local council does things differently to everywhere else, so I still get to enjoy this lovely weather!

Awesome.

jamesbaldwyn

Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:19 am

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 1):
Isnt it teacher training tomorow? is for me

Anyway have fun, nice and quiet here

Rgds --James--

Me too, if only longer my teachers suck Big grin

David L

Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:22 am

Quoting Klaus (Reply 17):
Undoubtedly mixed with various sulfurous gases...!

My medical problems are not open to public discussion.

It was certainly sweltering in Geneva (and Stuttgart) last time I was there, during the World Cup.

Klaus

Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:24 am

Quoting David L (Reply 20):
My medical problems are not open to public discussion.

Okay... if only the byproducts were similarly discreet... Big grin

Sabena332

Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:27 am

The thermometer in the car showed 31°C in Dortmund this afternoon around 3:30 PMBig grin In the last three days I was only inside to sleep, the rest of the time I was occupied with outdoor events like watching football in the stadium, having a barbecue, driving a convertible, and sitting in beer-gardens.  bigthumbsup 

The downside: Two friends and me were in the stadium today, we had perfect seats with a nice overview but we sat directly in the sun for approx. 60 minutes, my face is totally red and I am sure that it will become a nasty sunburn.

Oh yes, I noticed that the demand of cold beer increased drastically in the last few days.  Wink

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

Scooter01

Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:42 am

My "daily sales " report shows that I had 483 sales of icecream in 5 hours today. Most of or "guests" today were families with kids so each sale consisted of 3-4 icecream-bars or cones  yes 

Scooter
There is always a good reason to watch airplanes

pelican

Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:44 am

I'm already tanned from lying on my balcony, I've had barbecue in a friend's garden and I was several times in the beer garden. Sounds like summer has arrived.

Quoting Klaus (Reply 9):
I'd actually prefer a nightly spring rain (00:00 - 07:00) to keep everything nice and fresh without the drought we're beginning to move into

I wouldn't mind some rain while I'm at work...

Quoting Klaus (Reply 12):
The general vegetation doesn't see much benefit from the reservoirs, and if we get an extended sunshine period it may get quite dry and dusty anyway. But of course we're not there yet

Unfortunately we here in the East already are. The last time we had rain in the Berlin area is about 4 weeks ago. I had no problem at all when it would rain for some days. It's April it has to rain...

Quoting Flyingbabydoc (Reply 13):
Forecast for Germany this summer is bleak.

Whoever makes forecasts about this summer yet has to have extrasensory perception - sure it will get dryer in the summer but who knows how this particular summer will be?

pelican