trav110

WBC To Protest At VA Tech Funerals...

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:07 am

N231YE

RE: WBC To Protest At VA Tech Funerals...

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:13 am

I knew it! It was only a matter of time before this douche-bag and co. came up with a way to blame this on God's Wrath for tolerating the gay community   

Anybody get the feeling that the WBC really isn't a church, but a cult?

I hope the Patriot Guard comes in and protects the families of the victims during the funerals.

[Edited 2007-04-19 21:30:48]

airfoilsguy

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:14 am

What a bunch of assholes. I think a good beating is in order
It's not a near miss it's a near hit!!

aloges

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:16 am

Quoting N231YE (Reply 1):
Anybody get the feeling that the WBC really isn't a church, but a cult?

I've had it since the day I first heard about them...  Wink
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

FriendlySkies

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:18 am

What a bunch of fucking douchebags...I don't care if people protest, but holy crap, have some damn respect for the families!

airtran737

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:22 am

How much you want to bet these assholes get the shit beat out of them if they actually show up? I am willing to go up there and run interference between the students of VT and Fred Phelps.
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever

desertjets

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:24 am

If anybody is going to hell it isn't those killed at Tech at Monday.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

stlgph

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:24 am

ok. i'll say it. why can't these people get shot?
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

ltbewr

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:32 am

I hope that the local police find some way to keep these jerks out of the area as are a potential security and safety threat. We have had enough hate and violence this week there for a lifetime. No need for thier obscene opinions.

BR076

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:33 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 7):

I don't like guns, but since they excists let's use them usefull and your suggestion is just that.
ú

desertjets

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:33 am

Quoting Crazy Religious Nutjob:
The evidence is they were not Christian. God does not do that to his servants,” Phelps-Roper said. “You don’t need to look any further for evidence those people are in hell.”

That or God is busy and hasn't made it around to taking care of these folks.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

Aaron747

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:41 am

The organization, founded and led by Fred Phelps, believes the United States has condemned itself to destruction by accepting homosexuality and other “sins of the flesh.” Phelps’ daughter, Shirley Phelps-Roper, said the Virginia Tech teachers and students who died on Monday brought their fate upon themselves by not being true Christians.

“The evidence is they were not Christian. God does not do that to his servants,” Phelps-Roper said. “You don’t need to look any further for evidence those people are in hell.”

Then if any incensed family members put a brick in her head, I'll accept it as evidence that she wasn't being a true Christian in the course of these ramblings of pure insanity.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Yellowstone

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:41 am

Quoting AirTran737 (Reply 5):
I am willing to go up there and run interference between the students of VT and Fred Phelps.

If you do that, I'd be more worried about you getting beaten up by Tech kids who think you are just in the way. The military families at which the WBC has protested before don't have their own football team. Big grin I think Phelps will find he has bitten off waaay more than he can chew here, and we'll all be laughing our butts off when he and his brainwashed followers get their asses handed to them.
Hydrogen is an odorless, colorless gas which, given enough time, turns into people.

asuflyer05

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:48 am

Quoting DesertJets (Reply 10):
The evidence is they were not Christian. God does not do that to his servants,” Phelps-Roper said. “You don’t need to look any further for evidence those people are in hell.”

This guy is a universe away from being Christian. God is the final judge of our eternal resting place not this schmuck. Not to mention the fact that he repulses people from Christianity and God, not help to bring them closer.

airtran737

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:56 am

Quoting Yellowstone (Reply 12):
If you do that, I'd be more worried about you getting beaten up by Tech kids who think you are just in the way

Don't worry about me, I'll rock out in a Tech sweatshirt. I played football in college, I think I can take a bunch of loud mouthed pussies with signs. These assholes are a disgrace to the human race, and deserve to rot for the shit that they have pulled.

[Edited 2007-04-19 22:08:43]
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever

Superfly

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:06 am

I can't believe what I just read in that article. Those people are sick and need to be locked up! They are insaine!
Bring back the Concorde

Yellowstone

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:07 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 15):
Those people are sick and need to be locked up!

But then they couldn't make complete asses of themselves on national television.
Hydrogen is an odorless, colorless gas which, given enough time, turns into people.

FlyDeltaJets87

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:13 am

I knew it! It was only a matter of time before this douche-bag and co. came up with a way to blame this on God's Wrath for tolerating the gay community

Only a matter of time? They already began making plans and had their website updated on MONDAY afternoon with plans to protest.

So is there a way that the school can not authorize the protest and not allow these people to set a foot on VA Tech property?

Quote:
Cho Seung-Hui, the Virginia Tech student responsible for the killings who took his own life after the shootings, was sent by God to punish those he killed, and America as a whole, for moral decline, said Phelps-Roper, while adding that she believes Cho is also in hell for violating God’s commandment to not kill.

If this issue wasn't so tragic and serious, this comment would be outright hillarious. God sent someone to kill these students at VA Tech, but God then punished the guy he sent. Yea, because that makes sense. Not.  sarcastic 

checkmark 
I hate to say this, because it sounds morbid, but I'd rather if someone is going go shoot up some place and try to kill a few people before taking their own lives, why can't they go take out these assholes instead of 32 innocent students?
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

BHXFAOTIPYYC

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:13 am

The WBC are the textbook definition of a cult. In fact the WBC are Satanists, not Christians because they seek to divide people, not unite them. All the kids under 18 should be removed from them under child protection laws. After that maybe we can hope that Phelps gets a Jonestown style revelation, and they all drink the "special" kool-aid.
Breakfast in BHX, lunch in FAO, dinner in TIP, baggage in YYC.

Superfly

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:14 am

Quoting Yellowstone (Reply 16):
But then they couldn't make complete asses of themselves on national television.

True.
Bring back the Concorde

carmenlu15

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:14 am

More  redflag  coming from the WBC... Insane, just fucking insane.

Cho Seung-Hui, the Virginia Tech student responsible for the killings who took his own life after the shootings, was sent by God to punish those he killed, and America as a whole, for moral decline, said Phelps-Roper, while adding that she believes Cho is also in hell for violating God’s commandment to not kill.

“He is in hell,” Phelps-Roper said. “But he was also fulfilling the word of God.”

So he was fulfilling the word of God, yet he is in hell?! Am I the only one who finds that rather contradictory?
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.

ANCFlyer

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:21 am

OK, if you're surprised to hear this please, raise your hand.

Then go over to the wall and do this  banghead  because you've got a syntax error somewhere that needs to be knocked back in to place.

. . . . .

I don't think the WBC will get very far in good ole Virginny . . . if the Troopers don't find a "reason" to keep them at bay, the general population will. They aren't too different from Alaskans in this respect. There might just be ass-whoopin' going on. . . . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

FlyDeltaJets87

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:22 am

Quoting Carmenlu15 (Reply 20):
So he was fulfilling the word of God, yet he is in hell?! Am I the only one who finds that rather contradictory?

No.  wink 

Quoting FlyDeltaJets87 (Reply 17):
If this issue wasn't so tragic and serious, this comment would be outright hillarious. God sent someone to kill these students at VA Tech, but God then punished the guy he sent. Yea, because that makes sense. Not.  sarcastic 
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

Yellowstone

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:25 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 21):
There might just be ass-whoopin' going on. . . . .

Now, I'm a pacifist, so I really shouldn't be saying this, but I really hope someone brings a camera.

avt007

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:27 am

So what did these nutcases say about the Amish that were killed a while back? Was God punishing them for not being Christians?

carmenlu15

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:28 am

Quoting FlyDeltaJets87 (Reply 22):
No.  Wink

Ha... didn't see your reply until after I had posted mine... guess I need to type faster  Silly
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.

JGPH1A

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:29 am

It's a shame the psycho nut-jobs always shoot the wrong people. If ever someone was just begging to be taken out by a lone gunman, it's Fred Phelps.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

lowrider

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:31 am

Simply unbelievable. I would like to hear them explain how the are fulfilling the second half of the Great Commandment. While we cannot judge the state of their souls, I take comfort from the fact that there is Someone who can and will.
Proud OOTSK member

Alessandro

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:33 am

Only in America, sad how much hate you can carry in your body, hate Swedish royal family, hate homosexuals, hate dead US soldiers and hate murdered people.
From New Yorqatar to Califarbia...

stlgph

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:33 am

it'd be long overdue. i would LOVE to see a riot just go up and beat the shit out of them good. it should have happened a long time ago.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

MaverickM11

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:34 am

If only Cho could have waited a couple days and emptied a round into these people instead....
E pur si muove -Galileo

Superfly

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:36 am

Quoting Alessandro (Reply 28):
Only in America, sad how much hate you can carry in your body, hate Swedish royal family, hate homosexuals, hate dead US soldiers and hate murdered people.

redflag 
Just look over two countries to the east of you.
Makes us look like peace loving humans by comparison.
Normally I agree with you on various matters but I had to point this out.
Bring back the Concorde

deltadc9

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:39 am

How much you want to bet these assholes get the shit beat out of them if they actually show up? I am willing to go up there and run interference between the students of VT and Fred Phelps.

Twice they have threatened to show up here in Kentucky and protest local war casualties, and twice they got cold feet for some reason.....they talk big on TV, but when it comes time to actually get off of the bus..  scared   scared   scared 

I think God has a disgruntled former employee down in the basement who will be more than happy to deal with these people if someone up here does not get to them first. Talk about irony!

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 11):
God does not do that to his servants

They must not pay attention to much of the Old Testament, or the New one for that matter. Especially the part about whose job it is to judge people.
Dont take life too seriously because you will never get out of it alive - Bugs Bunny

Delta767300ER

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:40 am

I would like to head up to VA Tech and confront Westboro BAPTIST Church's members with my 1,000,000 Volt taser and my custom AR-15 assault rifle. These idiots are just asking to get shot.

-Delta767300ER

TedTAce

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:41 am

a cult?

yes 

Quoting Airfoilsguy (Reply 2):
I think a good beating is in order

I'll gladly show up with a pipe wrench in hand. I might be convicted of ADW, but I garantee you that any jury up there will sentence me to time served and request the record be expunged.
This space intentionally left blank

charlienorth

Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:10 am

we can only hope!
Work hard fly right..don't understand it

AeroWesty

Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:20 am

While I'm never one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I wish there would have been as much uproar when Phelps & Co. were carrying on just at gay funerals.

That said ...

There might just be ass-whoopin' going on. . .

One can only hope, but I don't think much will happen beyond the troopers simply arresting them for disorderly conduct:

"In 2006, in response to protests at the funerals of dead U.S. soldiers, Virginia enacted a law that added funerals and memorial services to the state’s disorderly conduct statute."
International Homo of Mystery

BritPilot777

Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:25 am

I've just got done watching a very interesting documentary on the family, that was aired by the BBC here in England a few weeks back. The journalist who conducted it was Louis Theroux, one of the best journalists of our time as far as i'm concerned. It's on youtube for anyone whose interested. Link below (There are 6 parts altogether and it runs for about an hour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QRyr3_nCF4&mode=related&search=

What comes out from it is that the family is fucking crazy!
Forever Flight

ANCFlyer

Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:40 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 36):
While I'm never one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I wish there would have been as much uproar when Phelps & Co. were carrying on just at gay funerals.

Was there not? It's a serious question. I can't imagine ANYONE giving quarter to these morons, no matter what they cause are against.

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 36):
One can only hope, but I don't think much will happen beyond the troopers simply arresting them for disorderly conduct

That'll still keep 'em off the street.

Now, let's see them in Alaska . . .  box  fight  More veterans per capita than any other state in the union. It'd be a hoot. I only hope I'm not in town that day . . . by law I have to protext those assholes. Sure would be fun to see on the news though.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

LH423

Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:51 am

Then if any incensed family members put a brick in her head, I'll accept it as evidence that she wasn't being a true Christian in the course of these ramblings of pure insanity.

Exactly my thoughts. If someone were to take out a member of the Phelps family, either on purpose or just one of them being in the wrong place at the wrong time, what does that say about their ideas? Fred Phelps has a couple of granddaughters about the same age as some of the victims of this tragedy. If one of them were to be gunned down, does that mean they were sinners and deserved to die? The problem with having ideas built upon shaky ground like this is that they're extremely fragile and what happens when they finally realize they were wrong. Someone mentioned Jonestown...

Unfortunately, as much as I'd love to see bodily harm come to these nutjobs, that only emboldens them. I think there should be protests in front of their church, and anywhere they go people to counter protest. You'll see how quickly they shut up when their message is no longer heard.

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

AeroWesty

Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:04 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 38):
Was there not? It's a serious question. I can't imagine ANYONE giving quarter to these morons, no matter what they cause are against.

While an unscientific sampling, if you search for Phelps in the non-av archives, the first post about him was this:
RE: "Death To..." Church/N-156F (by Redngold Sep 13 2000 in Non Aviation)

(Ooops, that post was made by someone 777236ER said was preaching an equal amount of hate ::giggle:: Read it with that perspective, and it's hilarious--blows another one of his arguments out of the water.)

When you scan through the subsequent posts, there's really very little understanding of who Phelps is, what he does, and what his "church" stands for. The only time general outrage began, and legislation was written to curb him, was when he began protesting at military funerals.

We (homos) have always viewed him as some sort of sociopath, but it's taken a long time for the rest of the country to wake up to his behavior.
International Homo of Mystery

allstarflyer

Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:18 am

I am willing to go up there and run interference between the students of VT and Fred Phelps.

I'm strongly considering it.

Shirley Phelps-Roper, said the Virginia Tech teachers and students who died on Monday brought their fate upon themselves by not being true Christians.

How does she know hearts? Scripture says only God does. That means no other spirit, much less man, knows.

eyebrow  That's the 2nd time in 20 minutes I've read a solid post from you.

“You don’t need to look any further for evidence those people are in hell.”

Wherever they are, I don't think the broom-rider from WBC would like this passage "Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked"(from Ezekiel 33:11). If He doesn't (and He doesn't), and she proclaims Him, then why does she?

Quoting Avt007 (Reply 24):
So what did these nutcases say about the Amish that were killed a while back? Was God punishing them for not being Christians?

Yeah, and what about the girl at Columbine who professed she believed in God before being gunned down?

-R
Living the American Dream

redngold

Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:42 am

Whatever happened to weeping over the lost and rejoicing over the saved?
Up, up and away!

Yellowstone

Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:51 am

Quoting BritPilot777 (Reply 37):
I've just got done watching a very interesting documentary on the family,

I just watched it as well on the link you provided. It really is fascinating. You get the sense that if it weren't for the obscene levels of hatred that Fred Phelps preaches, the family would be pretty much normal. Not that I'm wishing death on anyone, but I wouldn't be surprised if, after Fred dies (which probably won't be long), several members of the community break off and rejoin normal, if conservative, Christian theology.

ebs757

Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:20 am

Ide do anything too get over there and kick those rat bastards in the nuts.. its just disgusting what they get out of this horrible event.
Viva la Vida

Delta767300ER

Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:32 am

Quote:

I would be equally upset at ANY funeral that Phelps and Co. protested at regardless of sexual preference.

-Delta767300ER

AA777

Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:56 am

There's only one word for these people: disgusting. I am generally not one to wish ill on people- but if there is a hell, I really hope that the leader of this church burns in it. Protesting at a funeral of teenagers is pure evil.

-AA777

dl021

Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:12 pm

Because in our country everyone get's their spot on the streetcorner to shout whatever they want.......it's in the Constitution.

I'm being serious, even though I'd stand in the counterdemonstration crowd and shout the miserable fucks down......
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

MSYtristar

Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:16 pm

Horrible. Pathetic. Downright sickening.

I generally don't condone violence, but in this instance, a pretty harsh beatdown is in order for these morons. No respect for the dead, no respect for the families...no respect at all. So they should get no respect from random fists/blunt objects directed towards their faces. Maybe that would knock some sense into them.

I swear there are some f'd up people in this world. It truly amazes me.

Yellowstone

Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:40 pm

One of the other points that documentary BritPilot777 posted makes that shows how twisted this group is is that they are willing to put their own children at risk to make their points. It shows the family going out to picket somewhere near their compound, and they bring along some of their young children (who clearly have no idea what a "fag" is, much less why their family believes they ought to burn in hell). Someone in a car driving by tosses a partly full fast food soda cup out the window at them, hitting a 7-year old boy in the head. Surely the Phelps's realize that by dragging their children to their protests, they are potentially putting them in the crossfire of any (quite likely) altercation?