looneytoon

Things To Do In Asia

Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:27 pm

Hello,

Later this year (July - August), I will be going to East Asia.
What are the best things to do for one day in/around the ports of Subic Bay Phillipines, Hong Kong, and Niigata Japan. things such as foods to eat/drink, places to visit, things to be aware of, etc.

please note that I have only 24 hours in each of the above-mentioned locations

thanks

pictures would be great!
LooneyToon

UTA_flyinghigh

RE: Things To Do In Asia

Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:04 pm

=

Quoting LooneyToon (Thread starter):
Later this year (July - August), I will be going to East Asia.

Get ready for a lot of heat, humidity and the occasional downpour  Silly

UTA  checkeredflag 
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

EK20

Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:14 pm

places to visit

pictures would be great!

Springbok747

Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:41 pm

things to be aware of

Watch out for those Asian Zebra Birdeating Spiders...their pee is really nasty. So dont get their pee on your ear, like you did last time Big grin

Seriously though, I've been to HKG, and can tell you its an amazing place. The airport itself will keep you occupied for 24h!

Check out http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel...ng_Kong/TravelGuide-Hong_Kong.html
אני תומך בישראל

LurveBus

Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:07 pm

If you're gonna be in subic, there's an area called morong that's about a half-hour away. There are a few resorts on a fine beach. The sand isn't white, but it's very fine, but the best part about the area is that it's practically deserted. You could just waste the entire day checking out the waves. I have heard of a nearer beach to subic, right next to the runway, but I'm not too sure if it actually exists.

Oh, and HKG is a wonderful place. A same-day return airport express ticket costs the same as a one-way ticket. It'll get you to and from the airport with relative ease. The Harbor is a nice place to hang out, and so is the peak on HK island, but if you're feeling adventurous, venture into Mongkok.

Hope this helped

looneytoon

Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:45 am

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 3):
Watch out for those Asian Zebra Birdeating Spiders...their pee is really nasty. So dont get their pee on your ear, like you did last time 

Seriously though, I've been to HKG, and can tell you its an amazing place. The airport itself will keep you occupied for 24h!

haha, I can't belive you remember that! i still have a scar on my face from that spider pee. I'm serious. Must have been a bite though.

I will be arriving into those places by ship so I wont be near the airport unless the harbour is close.
LooneyToon

Springbok747

Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:38 am

Quoting LooneyToon (Reply 5):
I will be arriving into those places by ship so I wont be near the airport unless the harbour is close.

Ok, I thought you were flying. Cool, so are you going on a cruise?

Anyway..check out the link I posted, it has lots of info. You can always ask the people on board also, I'm sure they will know all the stuff about those places.

Quoting LooneyToon (Reply 5):
haha, I can't belive you remember that!

LOL..how can I forget? Its one of the funniest things I've ever heard of Big grin
אני תומך בישראל