jetjack74

A Rubber Found In McDonald's Happy Meal

Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:29 am

A not so happy discovery in this happy meal.
WELLINGTON, New Zealand — A grandmother was alarmed to find a condom in a happy meal gift pack bought for her 7-year-old granddaughter at a McDonald's (MCD) restaurant in New Zealand, local media reported Thursday.

The condom was discovered Tuesday night in a bag that came with Maia Whitaker's meal, which her grandparents bought at a McDonald's outlet in the city of Wellington.

Grandpa Rowan Hutch told The Dominion Post newspaper it was lucky his wife was first to look inside the small sports bag that came with the meal.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,268697,00.html
Made from jets!

NWADC9

RE: A Rubber Found In McDonald's Happy Meal

Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:53 am

Whole new meaning to "happy meal"? Big grin
Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that? -Capt. Picard

AA787823

Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:28 pm

Well at least it was not in "used" condition.....
F.U.R.P.....Families Under Reduced Pay

QFA380

Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:39 pm

Quoting AA787823 (Reply 2):
Well at least it was not in "used" condition.....

I can just imagine it.....

Teenage chick working at maccas: Uh Uh Uh Uh Uh Here I come (etc)

Teenage guy working at maccas: Just wait a sec, these patties are burning

aussie18
Crew

Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:33 pm

Heard about this other day.
Wonder what gift/toy their going to give out next week in their happy meals.

767Lover

Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:57 pm

I think a lot of these "something in food" incidents are planted in order to obtain a huge settlement.

jetjack74

Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:23 am

Quoting 767Lover (Reply 5):
I think a lot of these "something in food" incidents are planted in order to obtain a huge settlement.

A few years ago, we had the idiot in Las Vegas who "found" a severed finger in her Wendy's chilli. It didn't take investigators long to realise that it was ironic that her husband back in LA had recently lost finger and the wound fresh. The finger was later matched to him.
Made from jets!

scbriml

Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:23 am

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 6):
A few years ago, we had the idiot in Las Vegas who "found" a severed finger in her Wendy's chilli. It didn't take investigators long to realise that it was ironic that her husband back in LA had recently lost finger and the wound fresh. The finger was later matched to him.

Wow! What are the odds of that happening? Hubby loses finger in LA, wife finds it in a meal in Las Vegas. Amazing!
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!

airfoilsguy

Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:31 am

I thought the same but I heard on the radio that the McDonalds manager admitted to putting the rubbers in when he ran out of the normal toys.
It's not a near miss it's a near hit!!

stlgph

Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:33 am

i remember trick or treating when i was younger and always ... ALWAYS getting condoms.

and then of course, returning the favor when i started staying home and giving out candy.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

jetjack74

Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:11 am

Quoting Scbriml (Reply 7):
Wow! What are the odds of that happening? Hubby loses finger in LA, wife finds it in a meal in Las Vegas. Amazing

Ok, well it wasn't her husbands finger, but an aquaintance of her husbands. Still very ironic and coincidence is very questionable.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7285110/
And she was charged with attempted grand larceny
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...le/archive/2005/04/22/finger22.TMP
Made from jets!

PureKiwi

Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:44 am

In New Zealand it would be really unlikely as our legal system works differently to the U.S. If you want to sue anyone in New Zealand you first have to go through the courts to get the right to sue and if its found McDonalds isn't at fault you've wasted alot of money because you can't sue people. The worst that will happen is a complaint will be laid to the Wellington City Council or OSH and the employee will be sacked.

RichPhitzwell

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:03 am

Does this mean that follwing the happy trail to the happy meal will finally have a happy ending?
Nonav.com kinda like Whiners except the lights are on and the pimps been paid

ACDC8

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:51 am

I like this part ....

She was aghast when she found the green condom and its packet inside the bag, he said.
"I was pretty horrified really. The fact my granddaughter was going to look in the bag and find this thing. It would be difficult to explain, she's only seven," said Hutch.

.... I could think of a lot more serious things to find in a kids meal. Personally, I'd probably pee myself laughing.
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

srbmod

Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:04 am

Quoting Jetjack74 (Thread starter):

Grandpa Rowan Hutch told The Dominion Post newspaper it was lucky his wife was first to look inside the small sports bag that came with the meal

I can just imagine if she'd been too late:

Grandma, this gum in my Happy Meal is a bit tough to chew on!

A new form of corporate blackmail. Pay us to keep quiet or we'll squeal to the media. I also think that the majority of these incidents are planted as well. Like the woman who found the Chicken McNugget that was the head of a chicken.