Blackbird
Topic Author

Mike Gravel?

Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:49 am

I heard yesterday with the Democratic Primary Debates, and there was this guy from Alaska named Mike Gravel. He seemed to be a pretty interesting character of all of them. Some have said that he seems a little unstable, but it could easily just be being pissed with the way things are going with this war in this country.

He seems like a pretty good guy, and from what I saw, he sounds like he'd make an interesting President.

Now, here's the cynical side of me... is this guy too good to be true?

Andrea Kent

[Edited 2007-04-29 17:49:59]

AsstChiefMark

RE: Mike Gravel?

Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:52 am

Quoting Blackbird (Thread starter):

Them Alaskans are the curmudgeons, you know. They like words like "balderdash" and "poppycock" if something doesn't agree with their thinking. On the internets, which is a series of tubes, they tend to use the  redflag  and  talktothehand  emoticons a lot.  Wink
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

rjpieces

Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:54 am

A guy who proclaimed that the United States has no enemies...Sounds like your type of President!

**If I disappear after writing this message, you know who to blame**
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

Blackbird
Topic Author

Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:30 am

In what context was that statement "A guy who proclaimed that the United States has no enemies" made?

Andrea Kent

L-188

Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:35 am

MIke Gravel doesn't live in Alaska anymore.

Hasn't since he lost reelection to Frank Murkowski back in 1980.

but it could easily just be being pissed with the way things are going with this war in this country

Mikey was the guy who tried to read the pentagon papers on the floor of Senate back in 71, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was ticked at the current situation.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.