AC773
Topic Author

Bill Richardson's New, Funny Campaign Ads

Thu May 10, 2007 8:40 pm

Anybody living in America will be intimately familiar with the standard format of political ads: shots of the candidate gazing at the flag, hugging children, and shooting Soviet commies are all standard fare. The only real variation comes in the form of those vicious attack ads.

So you can imagine how refreshing it is to see an already promising candidate inject some light humor into his promotions. They're not "The Simpsons" funny, but they get his message across in a really great way.

Well, see for yourself!

Better to be nouveau than never to have been riche at all.

ltbewr

RE: Bill Richardson's New, Funny Campaign Ads

Thu May 10, 2007 10:14 pm

Finally, some politician that has ads that are positive of the candidate, not bashing others or just pretty fluff. I like Richardson as a candidate as doesn't have the issues of either Hillery or Obama, and clearly has excellent international credentials, something very important in any President in this era.

jush

Thu May 10, 2007 10:26 pm

I really like it. Why not add some comedy in a election ad.

Regds
jush
There is one problem with airbus. Though their products are engineering marvels they lack passion, completely.

Klaus

Thu May 10, 2007 10:31 pm

Good style, a welcome change indeed.

halls120

Fri May 11, 2007 1:29 am

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 1):
I like Richardson as a candidate as doesn't have the issues of either Hillery or Obama, and clearly has excellent international credentials, something very important in any President in this era.

If it weren't for his wrong-headed position on drugs, I'd be donating to Richardson's campaign.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

searpqx

Fri May 11, 2007 2:18 am

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 4):
If it weren't for his wrong-headed position on drugs

I haven't read up on it - what's his position?
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity"

TedTAce

Fri May 11, 2007 2:21 am

Great ads, but will HE sell?
This space intentionally left blank

halls120

Fri May 11, 2007 3:17 am

Quoting Searpqx (Reply 5):
Quoting Halls120 (Reply 4):
If it weren't for his wrong-headed position on drugs

I haven't read up on it - what's his position?

funny you should ask. Visit his website, http://richardsonforpresident.com/home, and you find just a "we need to stop illegal drugs" throwaway line.

However, he signed a bill into law that made New Mexico the 12th state to legalize marijuana for medical reasons, saying it was "the right thing to do."

Guess he finds the existing federal law - and Supreme Court decisions - rejecting the concept of "medical" marijuana to be inconsequential.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

Yellowstone

Fri May 11, 2007 3:25 am

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 7):
Guess he finds the existing federal law - and Supreme Court decisions - rejecting the concept of "medical" marijuana to be inconsequential.

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 7):
made New Mexico the 12th state to legalize marijuana for medical reasons

If I were you, I'd be more up in arms over the fact that 11 other states have done so already and the feds haven't stepped in. It seems to me that the federal government has de facto allowed the states to decide their own policy on this issue, and until they change that position I can hardly fault Governor Richardson for doing what he feels is best for the people of his state.
Hydrogen is an odorless, colorless gas which, given enough time, turns into people.

halls120

Fri May 11, 2007 8:19 am

Quoting Yellowstone (Reply 8):
If I were you, I'd be more up in arms over the fact that 11 other states have done so already and the feds haven't stepped in. It seems to me that the federal government has de facto allowed the states to decide their own policy on this issue, and until they change that position I can hardly fault Governor Richardson for doing what he feels is best for the people of his state.

The feds haven't "stepped in" because the federal Controlled Substances Act has a provision that permits states to write their own state drug laws. It's Congress that won't act.

But in any event, Richardson could have vetoed the law. So he supports the fraud of legalizing marijuana through the sham medicine argument.

Klima

Fri May 11, 2007 8:39 am

Quoting Jush (Reply 2):

Exactly! It's nice to see an ad that actually talks about the candidate than merely attacking their opponent(s).

Yellowstone

Fri May 11, 2007 9:36 am

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 9):
But in any event, Richardson could have vetoed the law. So he supports the fraud of legalizing marijuana through the sham medicine argument.

I disagree, but this argument doesn't belong in this thread. Anyway, back on topic - though I don't think Richardson has much of a chance, it will be very interesting to see what happens when the Dems start running these Rocky Mountain/Midwestern governors of red states as presidential candidates.
Hydrogen is an odorless, colorless gas which, given enough time, turns into people.