MaverickM11
Topic Author

Buenos Aires Day Trips

Fri May 11, 2007 4:27 am

I'm going to Buenos Aires tonight through Sunday night *knock on wood* with three friends. It is my second time and their first time; what day trips can we do on either Saturday or Sunday? I was thinking of taking the boat to Colonia but we could also nonrev over to MVD (which doesn't sound as interesting as Colonia frankly). We're also open to any daytrips near B.A., preferably not to any country that doesn't require a visa. Any suggestions?
E pur si muove -Galileo

fxramper

RE: Buenos Aires Day Trips

Fri May 11, 2007 5:39 am

I was in EZE briefly on my way to GRU.

I'd contact Gaston for advice.

Travel safe.  airplane 

Braybuddy

Fri May 11, 2007 5:47 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Thread starter):
I was thinking of taking the boat to Colonia

Great idea! It's the most beautiful little town.

tootallsd

Fri May 11, 2007 9:28 pm

Sorry, I hated Colonia. It blew big chunks. I did like El Tigre, a suburban area that is on a series of several hundred islands (similar to Venice). About an hour on one of the local commuter trains and then boats of different types near the train station.

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Tue May 15, 2007 12:01 am

Quoting Tootallsd (Reply 3):
Sorry, I hated Colonia. It blew big chunks.

Well we went to Colonia, and we all absolutely loved it. I can't imagine what would "blow chunks" about it unless you had to visit every museum for hours on end.
E pur si muove -Galileo

tootallsd

Tue May 15, 2007 11:58 pm

Well what made you "love it" so much? Was it the description of a Portuguese street versus a Spanish street? Was the trip out to the crappy little dis-used bullring? Was the packing and crowding onto the Buquebus? Or was it the absolutely charming trip across Rio de la Plata that last 2x the time that Colonia was charming?

There is a lot to do in Buenos Aires, I still Colonia is not one of them. If you were already in Uruguary and was near Colonia, it is definitely worth a visit.

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Wed May 16, 2007 1:07 am

Quoting Tootallsd (Reply 5):
Well what made you "love it" so much?

We spent a couple hours wandering around the cobblestone streets on our own, visited a couple of the museums briefly, and had a long lunch outdoors overlooking the water. The weather was beautiful and the hour long trip across the river both ways was a breeze and allowed for a nap before going out back in BA later that night.
E pur si muove -Galileo