f.pier

Would You Like To Know To Be Seriously Ill?

Mon May 14, 2007 8:11 pm

If you were seriuosly ill would you prefer to be informed by the doctor or would you prefer living your last months hoping to heal?

Halcyon

RE: Would You Like To Know To Be Seriously Ill?

Mon May 14, 2007 8:13 pm

Terminally? Always give it a shot (at living), but I'd also like to know my chances so that I can get my things arranged. Would feel sorry for the lady-friend though. That would be the biggest regret I have.

EK20

Mon May 14, 2007 8:13 pm

Quoting F.pier (Thread starter):
informed by the doctor

checkmark 

Something you want to share?  footinmouth 

JAL777

Mon May 14, 2007 8:20 pm

Quoting F.pier (Thread starter):
If you were seriuosly ill would you prefer to be informed by the doctor or would you prefer living your last months hoping to heal?

I would like to know. I would throw the greatest funeral party ever!

Kunoichi

Mon May 14, 2007 8:36 pm

I'd like to know- I'd hate to be caught by surprise by Death and I'd want to make sure I'd live my last days/weeks/months/years to the fullest.  Smile That's only if it's terminal of course- I wouldn't give up if it had a reasonable chance of survival (without becoming a vegetable that is- then I'd rather throw myself off a cliff or something).

Even though this is just a "what if " question (I assume/hope...  Sad)... I don't think it's even legal for a doctor NOT to inform you unless you're under-age and your parents/legal guardian don't want them to... am I correct?
"Do you speak fluent Canadian?"

B747-437B

Mon May 14, 2007 8:40 pm

Quoting Kunoichi (Reply 4):
I'd hate to be caught by surprise by Death and I'd want to make sure I'd live my last days/weeks/months/years to the fullest.

May I suggest that you should live EVERY day/week/month/year to the fullest as death often has a habit of sneaking up and catching people by surprise.  Smile
"The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

Kunoichi

Mon May 14, 2007 8:58 pm

Quoting B747-437B (Reply 5):
May I suggest that you should live EVERY day/week/month/year to the fullest as death often has a habit of sneaking up and catching people by surprise.

Wise words. I'd like to treat every day as if it was my last- and mostly, I do. But I do lack the fundings to do the more extreme stuff (like RTW trip, etc). If it turned out I had a terminal illness, I think I'd just sell everything I could and fund it that way- that way, I wouldn't bring my family into debt, and I'd get to die happy. Big grin
"Do you speak fluent Canadian?"

ag92

Mon May 14, 2007 9:19 pm

I would never want to hear that
I am really scared to die and the only way I want to die is in my sleep, as it seems the only painless method

If I was told, then I would like to complete my last wish; Fly First Class

Regards
Ag92

aerorobnz

Tue May 15, 2007 7:45 am

Well I never go to the doctor, so I guess I'd like to die unexpectedly.
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

AeroWesty

Tue May 15, 2007 7:52 am

I've discussed this with a few friends who've also watched relatives and friends die after long-drawn out attempts to "cure" them from fatal diseases. The consensus has always been, "let me just get it over with quickly", so I'd rather know up front, then have as much fun as possible with whatever time I had left, and die of good living rather than while hooked up to tubes and wires in a hospital bed.
International Homo of Mystery

charlienorth

Tue May 15, 2007 7:59 am

In 1998 I got sick..temp of 102...pain all over,was checked into a hospital sunday morning,Mongay they're pulling bone marrow out of me,it sucked not knowing what I had,when the DR. informed me it was leukemia (ALL) I was actually relieved that whatever it was i had ,had a name,and history,I didnt want to be known as the first guy that had this ailment we have no idea how to treat.
Work hard fly right..don't understand it

TedTAce

Tue May 15, 2007 8:06 am

We are all terminally ill. Just some more acutely then others.
This space intentionally left blank

767Lover

Tue May 15, 2007 8:15 am

I would want to know, but I wouldn't be this guy:

LONDON (Reuters) - A British man who went on a wild spending spree after doctors said he only had a short time to live wants compensation because the diagnosis was wrong and he is now healthy -- but broke.

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddly...idUSL0727013220070507?feedType=RSS