USAFHummer
Topic Author

Any MSPers Up For A Twins Game This Sat. Night?

Wed May 23, 2007 9:10 am

Looks like I have to take a trip up to MSP on short notice this weekend, and I have Saturday night free, so I checked the baseball schedule and I see that the Twins are in town playin the Blue Jays that night...anyone in the MSP crew interested in comin along? If so, let me know!
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

AsstChiefMark

RE: Any MSPers Up For A Twins Game This Sat. Night?

Wed May 23, 2007 9:36 am

Nice timing, pal.  irked 

Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

KaiGywer
Crew

Wed May 23, 2007 9:55 am

Unfortunately I also have plans that night. Sorry dude  Smile
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

aa61hvy

Wed May 23, 2007 10:00 am

Sorry Greg. I have a life and can't make it... Haha sucker  Wink
Go big or go home

GQfluffy

Wed May 23, 2007 10:04 am

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 2):
Unfortunately I also have plans that night.

LoL. I can only...nevermind... I won't go there. Big grin
This isn't where I parked my car...

KaiGywer
Crew

Wed May 23, 2007 10:08 am

Quoting GQfluffy (Reply 4):

LoL. I can only...nevermind... I won't go there.

No, it does not involve A.net  Smile
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

GQfluffy

Wed May 23, 2007 12:47 pm

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 5):
No, it does not involve A.net

Kai...most of us are here because we're aviation geeks...but some of us here aren't virgins. I'm sure A.net will the be LAST thing on your mind Saturday night. Just remember what my grandpappy said back in the day: "If you're gonna do something you better do it right.". So, in this case, make sure Katie has to walk bow-legged Sunday morning.  bigthumbsup 
This isn't where I parked my car...

graphic

Wed May 23, 2007 12:51 pm

Well if the money wasn't tight, I might have to make the drive. And the car needs some work.

Come to GFK so I can show you what a real hockey venue looks like?
Demand Media fails at life

USAFHummer
Topic Author

RE: Any MSPers Up For A Twins Game This Sat. Night

Wed May 23, 2007 1:41 pm

Quoting Graphic (Reply 7):

Come to GFK so I can show you what a real hockey venue looks like?

Come hockey season, if I can get to GFK reasonably cheap and DU is there in the fall when Im free...Im there... but that reminds me, I wonder if Mariucci Arena is open for public skating while I;m there...might as well do a skate to represent you and the Sioux  Wink

[Edited 2007-05-23 06:46:45]

Mir

Wed May 23, 2007 1:48 pm

Quoting USAFHummer (Reply 8):
if I can get to GFK reasonably cheap

You can't get anywhere from there for less than $300. Unless you want to drive or try your luck with Amtrak.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

KaiGywer
Crew

Wed May 23, 2007 9:06 pm

Quoting GQfluffy (Reply 6):
Kai...most of us are here because we're aviation geeks...but some of us here aren't virgins. I'm sure A.net will the be LAST thing on your mind Saturday night. Just remember what my grandpappy said back in the day: "If you're gonna do something you better do it right.". So, in this case, make sure Katie has to walk bow-legged Sunday morning.

rotfl 

I suppose  Silly

graphic

Wed May 23, 2007 10:45 pm

Quoting USAFHummer (Reply 8):
I wonder if Mariucci Arena is open for public skating while I;m there...might as well do a skate to represent you and the Sioux

Your funeral  Wink

USAFHummer
Topic Author

Sun May 27, 2007 12:44 pm

So...after being in town for a day...I have a few questions...

1. What's up with the cab meters running in 38 cent increments? That was kind of bizarre, Ive never seen a cab meter that ran in an increment ending in something other than 5 or 10 before?

2. What's the deal with the local gun laws? It seems like every building downtown has a sign on the door saying "XXX
Company does not permit guns on the premises"...whats the idea behind that? Never seen anything like that either...

Otherwise, great town ya'll have, and if you checked the Twins box score and/or read about the game, those who couldnt make it missed one heck of a ballgame... Wink

graphic

Sun May 27, 2007 12:59 pm

Quoting USAFHummer (Reply 12):
2. What's the deal with the local gun laws? It seems like every building downtown has a sign on the door saying "XXX
Company does not permit guns on the premises"...whats the idea behind that? Never seen anything like that either...

Pretty much everyone up here owns a gun or ten.

KaiGywer
Crew

RE: Any MSPers Up For A Twins Game This Sat. Night

Mon May 28, 2007 3:24 am

Quoting USAFHummer (Reply 12):

Because per Minnesota state law, if you want to block legal, gun carrying citizens from spending money at your establishment, you must put a sign up so we know to go somewhere else to spend money  Wink

It bears no meaning though, really, as you can carry until made, then you have to be asked to leave. If you don't, they call the cops, but if you leave, they can't do anything.

Oh, it also lets criminals know what places to rob, as there probably won't be much resistance there.