Beaucaire
Topic Author

Bullfighting Season Started In France -I Hate It!

Sun May 27, 2007 5:07 pm

Since several weeks the bullfighting season has resumed in the South of France ( Nîmes,Arles,Palavas,Beziers,Dax..) and enjoys thousands with useless and inhuman slaughter of beautiful animals.
How can educated and civilized people ,who dare to say they care about children,envirenment,respect human rights,support such an incredibly cruel and atrocious spectacle ???
In Spain the province of Catalunya has forbidden the killing of bulls - what a great and wise decision !
Opponents of bullfighting and their associations don't get access to local media,are portrayed as retarded group of loonies.
The economy of places like Nîmes and Arles depends to a large degree on this "folklorist" events ,which is legalized based on a "historic tradition..."
The Spanish and Portuguese bull-fighting associations have managed to export the idea of bullfighting to China,and first bull-fights have been organized in Shanghai -seemingly the Chinese have discovered another way of enjoying them with animals-suffering...
I want to express my deepest disgust and hope sooner or later some courageous politician will make en end to this humiliating and barbaric tradition!
Please respect animals - don't eat them...

MCOflyer

RE: Bullfighting Season Started In France -I Hate It!

Sun May 27, 2007 5:26 pm

You should see it in the us. Very fun.

Hunter
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

LAXspotter

Sun May 27, 2007 5:51 pm

I think as sickening as this tradition maybe, Something that i do not approve of or enjoy watching, bullfighting will not be eradicated anytime soon.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" Samuel Johnson

ltbewr

Sun May 27, 2007 10:01 pm

If I am correct, there has been a significant decline of bullfighting in Mexico and elsewhere over the last number of years. I am surprised that PETA's or equivalent groups in Europe hasn't protested more aggressively against bullfighting like they have against other animal cruelity. Bullfighting is basically the killing of animals in a slow, cruel and torturous way and encourages cruelty against all animals and humans. I cannot stand to see such acts even in a movie and it shouldn't be tolarated in any society.

deskflier

Sun May 27, 2007 10:10 pm

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 4):
I am surprised that PETA's or equivalent groups in Europe hasn't protested more aggressively against bullfighting like they have against other animal cruelity.

Come to think of it, it's strange. Animal rights groups protest against the swift killing of (often sedated or otherwise unconscious) animals, and even the keeping of pets, but this death-torture has gone unnoticed by these groups.
How can anyone not fly, when we live at a time when we can fly?

JJJ

Mon May 28, 2007 5:25 pm

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 4):
I am surprised that PETA's or equivalent groups in Europe hasn't protested more aggressively against bullfighting like they have against other animal cruelity

They certainly have.

It's slowly dying out anyway as it has failed to attract the younger generations. Expect it to be a completely sanitized tourist attraction in a couple decades.