jafa39

Your Neighbours

Wed May 30, 2007 5:56 am

I have a Ukranian House Washer on the uphill side and a Morose Dutch Nudist on the downhill side. Not sure who is over the road as they just moved in but next to them is a large ugly woman who has (on her Mercedes) the number plate "VERY6C".

Who's in your 'hood?
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

walter747

RE: Your Neighbours

Wed May 30, 2007 6:24 am

Theres about 10 Doctors from India near me. Including to my right. To my left is a school teacher and her drug rep husband. Across is some weird family. They are short and he's a stay at home Dad.

Thats about it.
Hussel, Hussel, Husel, Grind, Grind, Grind

Daleaholic

Wed May 30, 2007 6:27 am

An MP, Teachers, Architect, Retirees, a DJ

A lot of my neighbours are arseholes... hence I don't know what a lot of them do.
Religion is an illusion of childhood... Outgrown under proper education.

Pope

Wed May 30, 2007 6:29 am

I have a strict, no socializing with neighbors whose property ajoins mine. This way, if there's ever a problem "friendships" don't get in the way.

[Edited 2007-05-29 23:29:54]
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

AllegiantAir

Wed May 30, 2007 6:31 am

On my left are a wife (a 5th grade teacher) and a husband (forgot what he does) whose children are both in college. On my right we got some people who just came here from a farm and they're kids are out of college, IIRC. To my back is my friends house, and on the other side of the street is my mom's friend (preschool teacher) and her husband (doctor). All three of their kids are out of college.
Live to Fly.

Sabena332

Wed May 30, 2007 6:36 am

I have pretty nice neighbors, all of them are very friendly (e.g. everyone is greeting everyone), so far I haven't meet any asshole here.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

MCOflyer

Wed May 30, 2007 6:48 am

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 5):
I have pretty nice neighbors, all of them are very friendly (e.g. everyone is greeting everyone), so far I haven't meet any asshole here.

Same here. My upstairs one above me lives with her daughter and isn't annoying. The other couple upstairs is nice as well and we frequently talk. Now when I move out; good question. Hopefully nice as the current neighbors.

Hunter
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

ManuCH
Crew

Wed May 30, 2007 6:54 am

My same-floor neighbors are absolutely unbelievable: they are the most rude and in-human people I've ever met. We already reported them because they were playing the piano at 11.30 pm on a Sunday night, and because they're using the building's "common space" (the floor you're supposed not to use that connects the apartments and the elevators among each other) filling it up with their stuff (shoe holders, shopping carts - yes, the ones from the stores - etc).

Oh, and when you get out of your apartment while they're also getting out, and they see you, they actually go back inside to avoid you - they don't want to talk to anyone. And if it happens that there's no way out for them (ie. if they've locked the door already, and it would look too stupid to turn back) they strictly look down to their feet and whisper a faint "hello".

They also put liquid garbage in their trash bags, which makes the floor dirty all over the place when they take their garbage out. And the janitor can clean after them.

Their kids aren't any better. I guess there must have been some trauma in that family. The building administration told us that they're getting many complaints about them and that they're thinking about "eliminating them" (I'm textually citing the administrator's words).

Who beats them?  Smile
Never trust a statistic you didn't fake yourself

futurecaptain

Wed May 30, 2007 7:01 am

I dont talk to my neighbors, they don't talk to me, and that's the way I like it.
AirSO. ASpaceO. ASOnline. ASO.com ASO. ASO. ASO. ASO. ASO.

LondonJamie

Wed May 30, 2007 7:22 am

A Lebanese family who run a restaurant, a South African couple, and a Childrens TV presenter.
The fact is we don't make the same mistake more than 3 times....maybe 4!

Springbok747

Wed May 30, 2007 7:23 am

We have really nice neighbours. On one side is a retired couple, the husband was a national swimming coach and the wife retired as a nurse. They came from the UK in the 1970s, we get along well with them.

The other side is a B&B, run by an American couple. They are also pretty cool, we're lucky to have good neighbours.
אני תומך בישראל

PAHS200

Wed May 30, 2007 7:27 am

since i live in the middle of no where. I have no neighbours.

you can have much more fun with no one around  Wink

michael

n710ps

Wed May 30, 2007 7:28 am

To my left a retired family that ran one of the larger limo companies here in NY. To my right a family with moeny that I cannot figure out the source of but the husband/father is a hot headded prick with no life that never leaves the house. I feel bad for the wife. Across the street was an old couple but they recently moved south to the Carolinas. Behind me is nothing but the great south bay which does trat me well with a constant supply of fluke to be caught this time of year. In my parents house down in the 941 (SRQ) to the right is vacent as of last summer as our dear neighbor passed from lung disease. She owned a charter school though. To the left across the street is a semi retired couple who owns a pair of insurance firms though he was in the securities industry previously. Across the street from us is some sort of bank Of America VP in the area.
There is plenty of room for Gods animals, right next to the mashed potatoes!

ScarletHarlot

Wed May 30, 2007 7:40 am

On one side we have an Amway bigwig that we nicknamed Elvis, and his wife and two kids. They are conspicuously successful, but I figured out that they are living off the equity in their house. Every time they refinance the house they get spankin' new cars. I think they got a BMW M5 just today. They are very tacky. They have a slave, a dude who works for them eight hours a day - getting the dry cleaning, being there for deliveries, etc. It is very strange.

On the other side is a Philippino-American couple and their two kids. Great people. They worked in healthcare and now they have their own old folks' home (not at their house, at another location nearby).

Next to Elvis is an Indian-Canadian widow.

Next to her is a couple that we have never met, even though we have lived here for seven years. I've tried to wave at them a couple of times but after being ignored I don't bother any more. They keep their blinds completely shut at all times. I wonder if they have a torture dungeon in there. The guy is Canadian.

Next to them (and across the street from us, we live on a cul-de-sac) are our favourite neighbours. She is a teacher and he is a sports journalist.

Next to them is a retired NHL player and his wife and two kids. The NHL'er is, not surprisingly, Canadian.

Next to them is another couple with two kids. They have a timber company in Peru. He is Canadian as well.

There are 12 houses in our part of our street and 5 of them have Canadians living there.
But that was when I ruled the world

jafa39

Wed May 30, 2007 8:04 am

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 13):
I wonder if they have a torture dungeon in there. The guy is Canadian.

Are these to facts related? Is torture a popular Canuck hobby on them long, dark nights???  Wink

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 13):
There are 12 houses in our part of our street and 5 of them have Canadians living there.

There goes the neighbourhood.... Smile
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

ajd1992

Wed May 30, 2007 9:39 am

One down from me, a retired couple live there, and they're great. One up from me, well, we don't ever talk to them, but lets just say at night, i wish my bedroom wasn't next to theirs. Loudness would be an understatement, and i wish his name wasn't my damn middle name. One over from us, a single older guy who has lived there for about 8 years now, and we don't even know his name. One down from him, another great set of neighbours.

FURUREFA

Wed May 30, 2007 9:50 am

I am surrounded by all these therapist/psychiatrists (if you're from BOS, I like in Cambridge, near Harvard Square/Brattle Street Area)... It's quite odd. Our neighbors like to placard our X5 with stickers saying that "SUVs SUCK!". I don't like them at all.

Matt

YYZflyer

Wed May 30, 2007 10:09 am

I think the people to the right of me are drug dealers, or they just smoke alot of weed.
I have a friend that lives 4 houses away from me to the right.
There are two families in the circle part of my court that I don't like. They're just assholes. One of the moms had to be going 50 km/h down our street once.
I don't really talk to many people on my street.

goodvibes 
Avoid hangovers, stay drunk.

ScarletHarlot

Wed May 30, 2007 12:45 pm

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 14):
Are these to facts related? Is torture a popular Canuck hobby on them long, dark nights???

We only torture sarcastic Brit-Kiwis with Boeing hats! They're ready for you!  Wow!

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 14):
There goes the neighbourhood....

No no, you are confusing my situation with the Brits moving into Whingy Pariah in Noo Zealand!  Wink
But that was when I ruled the world

ShyFlyer

Wed May 30, 2007 1:12 pm

Quoting Jafa39 (Thread starter):
Who's in your 'hood?

Mostly middle class families. There is a guy next door, lives by himself I think. Nothing really remarkable about anyone in my area, which is a good thing. Haven't needed the police to respond to anything in many years.
I lift things up and put them down.

plateman

Thu May 31, 2007 2:33 am

Back in New York, my neighbours include a CEO of a company, accountants, teachers and the assorted. The cool part is that in 16 houses on my half of the street, there 45 cars total and this is a suburb
"Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

adopim88

Thu May 31, 2007 2:44 am

Hmm, I live behind an RV dealership off of the highway in Nicollet.... the residential areas are on the other side of the highway... my nieghbors are the raccoons and stray cats that try to get into my garbage. They run away when I open the door, so I have no problems  Wink
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

fr8mech

Thu May 31, 2007 4:33 am

The neighbor to the east is a hot 40 something year old with an equally hot, yet under-aged (17) daughter and her (the hot 40 something year old) husband and son. To the west is a condomimium complex seperated from me by a fence. To the south, a couple that were ballet dancers in the local company. To the north, I have a 5 or so acre field (which, I don't own).

Others in the neighborhood: police officer, battalion chief for the fire department, doctor, teacher, 3 retired couples, pilot and assorted other trades and professions. Haven't come across a lawyer yet.
When seconds count...the police are minutes away.