HOMER71

Official 2007 NBA Finals Thread: Spurs-Cavs

Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:25 pm

I'm guessing ABC is relieved they don't have to broadcast another Pistons-Spurs series, which I believe (in 2005) garnered one of the lowest TV ratings in Finals history. The fact that Lebron is in the Finals will boost viewership.

What can I say, the Spurs are boring (great defense, no SportsCenter highlights, no flashy superstar), but they are consistently effective and they bring home championships, and I'll take that any day.

Prediction: Lebron and/or Gibson will get off, but the Spurs will put the Cavs to sleep 4-2.

GO SPURS GO
"On spaceship earth there are no passengers...only crew."

LY744

RE: Official 2007 NBA Finals Thread: Spurs-Cavs

Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:12 am

Ooooo, the Spurs and LBJ in the finals, well done Stern, well done.

LY744.
Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it

RJdxer

Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:37 am

As in the other thread, the Cleveland Cadavers in the finals? I expect to wake up to the rapture happening any day now. Same question, if LeBron were to go down with an injury in game one, would you still say 4-2? I think it'd be 4-0.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

piercey

Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:32 am

Quoting Homer71 (Thread starter):
Prediction: Lebron and/or Gibson will get off, but the Spurs will put the Cavs to sleep 4-2.

checkmark 

Say all you want about the regular season, my Bulls tried that...

piercey in CLE  Sad
Well I believe it all is coming to an end. Oh well, I guess we are gonna pretend.

jpetekyxmd80

Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:39 am

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 2):
Same question, if LeBron were to go down with an injury in game one, would you still say 4-2? I think it'd be 4-0.

I fail to see your point about knocking the Cavs beacuse they wouldn't be anything without LeBron. The same could be said about anytime whose best player is far and away their best, let alone someone like LeBron. If you took away MJ, how many of the 6 nba finals do the Bulls win?
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

HPLASOps

Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:53 am

Quoting JpetekYXMD80 (Reply 4):
If you took away MJ, how many of the 6 nba finals do the Bulls win?

Maybe 1. The year they had Dennis Rodman, Pippen, and Steve Kerr all together might have been their best minus-Jordan team.

no SportsCenter highlights

Have you watched Manu Ginoboli play? He is our Argentinian highlight reel. The guy will kill himself trying to make the big play.

no flashy superstar

I know Tim Duncan likes to remain low key, but have you seen Parker's fiance' lately?

It doesn't matter how flashy you are if you can still get the babes.

The fact that Lebron is in the Finals will boost viewership.

Thus the reason I'm glad the Cavs made it to the finals. I finally want some people to watch how good the Spurs are.
"Just because I know how to get off a freeway doesn't mean I know how to get back on!" - Retard Joe

tsaord

Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:59 am

My mom came running to my room raving about the Cavs victory and we live in Chicago!!! I said "ok" lol.

I think this will be a very good game. I think the spurs will take it. But I think the Cleveland deserves some title since the browns lol.
there are icons, then there are legends, then there is rick flair

dimoko

Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:41 am

hey, the cavs are also one of the top defensive teams in the league.

ask the pistons how it was to play us

GO CAVS!!
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." -- Douglas Adams

HOMER71

Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:23 pm

Quoting HPLASOps (Reply 5):
Thus the reason I'm glad the Cavs made it to the finals. I finally want some people to watch how good the Spurs are.

Good point.

I put the over/under on the number of Eva shots during the Game 1 broadcast at 24...  Wink

Falcon84

Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:32 pm

What can I say, the Spurs are boring (great defense, no SportsCenter highlights, no flashy superstar), but they are consistently effective and they bring home championships, and I'll take that any day.

Which is why owner Dan Gilbert deliberately set out to model the Cavaliers after the Spurs. They're the Spurs, Jr. Their coach. Mike Brown, was tutored by Popovich in San Antonio; their GM, Danny Ferry, was assistant GM at San Antonio. Gilbert rightly believes that, more often than not, you win championships with defense, and can get by wtih a solid but not necessarily spectacular offense.

And the Cavs are young; they'll be shedding a load of cap room in the next few years, and chances are, LeBron will never be going anywhere else. This is a team that will be in the hunt for the next decade.

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 2):
Same question, if LeBron were to go down with an injury in game one, would you still say 4-2? I think it'd be 4-0.

So do I. The Cavs have good, solid players, but you cannot lose LeBron, and expect to win. But, doesn't the same go for the Spurs if they lose Duncan? How much of a chance do you give them, then? Not much.

And, it seems, the Cavs still are getting little respect nationally. That's fine. Many people still don't think they deserve to be there, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating-they got through the East, and EARNED the right to represent the East.

I think they will represent well. I think San Antonio will find this a tough, slug-it-out Series. I think the Spurs will win it in 7 games. I believe the Cavs will take one in SAT, but that the Spurs will counter with a win in Cleveland.

It'll be a great series. And, with LeBron in the series, there'll be plenty of SportsCenter highlights.  Smile
Work Right, Fly Hard

senorcarnival

Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:41 pm

Quoting Homer71 (Reply 8):
I put the over/under on the number of Eva shots during the Game 1 broadcast at 24...

The number of Eva shots is directly proportional to Parker's performance.
Oh no, she's getting impatient! Take a stab at it!

F9Widebody

Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:05 pm

Man I hate the spurs. Ginobili flops. Duncan whines. Horry body-checks.

Yet unfortunately for basketball, I think they will have little trouble with the Cavs.
YES URLS in signature!!!

piercey

Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:34 am

Quoting Dimoko (Reply 7):
the cavs are also one of the top defensive teams in the league.

Cavs defense vs. Spurs defense? Is this even a question??? Spurs everyday of the week.

piercey in CLE  Sad
Well I believe it all is coming to an end. Oh well, I guess we are gonna pretend.

LTU932

Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:47 am

4-1 for the Spurs. I don't think that Cleveland is good enough for an NBA final just yet.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

HOMER71

Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:53 pm

Game 1:
Spurs 85, Cavs 76

Not the kind of Finals debut LeBron was hoping for (other than a couple of treys late), but now that Game 1 is behind him, he'll go to work (Spurs need to stay focus or else the Cavs can steal Game 2).

As for the Spurs: Pick-and-roll, baby, pick-and-roll

GO SPURS GO

[Edited 2007-06-08 05:53:33]

scottieprecord

Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:02 pm

Quoting F9Widebody (Reply 11):
Horry body-checks.

haha. Nash was running at Horry. Horry just stood there, and kinda shifted his balance a wee bit. (jk)

But yeah, I hope King James can step it up. I want the Spurs to have to fight for a 4th ring!

GO SPURS GO!!

-Mike

HOMER71

Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:57 pm

Quoting Scottieprecord (Reply 15):
I want the Spurs to have to fight for a 4th ring!

I don't know about that...Spurs-Pistons nearly gave me a heart attack in the '05 Finals Big grin

AirCop

Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:04 am

Just saw in the paper this morning the tv ratings for Game 1 were the lowest ever for the first game. Of course this comes on the heels of the NHL near invisible ratings flop. Perhaps its time the winter sports look at reducing the regular season by 20 games or just eliminate the first round of the playoffs.

Of course my son who actually watches the NBA, has another theory, he claims the NBA Championship was already played in round 2.

HPLASOps

Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:15 am

Quoting AirCop (Reply 17):
Of course my son who actually watches the NBA, has another theory, he claims the NBA Championship was already played in round 2.

In other words, the Spurs have already won.

Quoting AirCop (Reply 17):
Just saw in the paper this morning the tv ratings for Game 1 were the lowest ever for the first game.

Damn, I thought Bron-Bron (WTF?) would have a better draw than that.
"Just because I know how to get off a freeway doesn't mean I know how to get back on!" - Retard Joe

allstarflyer

Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:22 am

Agree with this assessment entirely. Game 2 should be a lot of fun to watch. The only way this prediction goes down is if LeBron dominates the Spurs in Game 2.

Quoting LY744 (Reply 1):
Ooooo, the Spurs and LBJ in the finals

Spurs + LBJ + finals - sounds like a '60's rodeo w/the President.

Quoting HPLASOps (Reply 18):
Bron-Bron

What-what? Is that a Happy Meal toy, like a Lebron dinosaur?

-R
Living the American Dream

Falcon84

Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:09 am

I expect a much better performance from the Cavaliers in game #2. I think they know a little better now what it takes to hang in the finals, and I think it'll show. Don't know if they'll win, but they'll be a lot closer in this one, I really believe.

If they can take Game 2, I still can't see them beating the Spurs 3 straight up in Cleveland. The Spurs are just too good to lose 3 straight to anyone right now. The big key is trying to slow down Parker. If they can do that, they'll be all right.

Was reading online from ESPN or somewhere, someone mentioned the Cavs are really in a no-lose situation in this series. No one expect them to win; they've gone further than anyone could think so soon in their development; and they'll learn how far they need to go to make the final step, if they do lose, like most everyone assumes.

They won't be able to stand pat this off-season, either. 'Da Bulls, Wizards and Raptors are coming, and they'll have to upgrade their point guard position and the bench.

Either way, I can't be happier right now for this organization. They've come an incredibly long way in a very short period of time.

GO CAVS!
Work Right, Fly Hard

piercey

Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:50 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 20):
'Da Bulls, Wizards and Raptors are coming, and they'll have to upgrade their point guard position and the bench.

About time I heard a Cavs fan say that. Honestly, if I heard one more time "teh Bulls suck cause they got slapped by Detroit and we beat them" I'm just gonna have to turn some basketball fans into some Italian football fans  box 

piercey in CLE  Sad

Falcon84

Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:27 pm

Gloom, despair and agony on me( Ooooh!) deep, dark depression, excessive misery. (Oooooh!)  Big grin
Not feeling THAT bad, actually, but the Spurs are playing at an incredibly high level of excellence right now, and they're showing it. If the Cavs can't start playing tougher D, their trademark in the playoffs, this one will be over in 4.

Biggest difference? Shooters. San Antonio can go deep, and go inside with the same effectiveness. And that's what the Cavs still lack-a dependable outside game, that opens up the floor for the big men and LeBron.

Series is going to Cleveland Tuesday. Hoping for better things back at The Q.
Work Right, Fly Hard

piercey

Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:25 pm

I went to a party. I left after the first half. It started to get ugly, and as a Bulls fan, I'd of course be the first one dead...

Oh well, still a good game  Smile

piercey in CLE  Sad

RayChuang

Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:51 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 22):
Biggest difference? Shooters. San Antonio can go deep, and go inside with the same effectiveness. And that's what the Cavs still lack-a dependable outside game, that opens up the floor for the big men and LeBron.

The difference comes down to this: besides Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobli capable of scoring a lot of points and putting up stifling defense, they can use both Bruce Bowen and Robert Horry to add to that defense, too. Small wonder why the Cavaliers will soon be flattened like a pancake.  no 

EA CO AS

Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:15 pm

It should be Suns/Cavs right now. F*ck the Spurs.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

LTU932

Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:19 pm

The little I saw from the game, all I saw was Cleveland getting crushed by the Spurs. It was a pretty one-sided game, and from what I personally expect from a final, be it from a football style two game system, a regular sudden death knockout system (one game decides it all), or a Best of Seven series, neither teams have reached or exceeded expectation. A final has to have drama, fight, effort and passion until the very last instant of the game.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

RayChuang

Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:53 am

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 25):
It should be Suns/Cavs right now.

It'll still be no contest as the Suns' roster of players will still wipe out the Cavaliers. LeBron James can only take the Cavs so far.  no 

scottieprecord

Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:39 pm

Helluva close game... Spurs up by 3 with 10 seconds

GO SPURS GO!

-Mike

geedo

Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:23 pm

Exciting finish to an otherwise un noteworthy game. Sporting purests will embrace the defensive struggle that it was, but fans and league officials will be crying over the lack of offense.

Obviously we'll never revert back to the seventies when basketball playoffs were shown on repeat after the late news, but the downward spiral in sports in this country will certainly give leverage back to the networks when new broadcasting contracts are written.
Funny how we've evolved into a society more involved in the exploits of entertainers and celebrities, or poker than anything going on at a sporting venue. This forum is a perfect example : thousands of hits on the Paris Hilton thread(s), minimul numbers on sports threads. And poker players, don't flame me, I know its fun, but there's a tournament of some kind on every other channel. (yawn)
American sports are being ruined by the greedy businessmen advising kids to forego college and enter the national spotlight before maturity. Remember the days when rookies in the NBA were 22-24 years old? Now its what? 19-20 mostly with high school seniors and college sophomores filling the bottom end of rosters. Fundmentals are being weakened.
I've got Titanic hopes and they aren't sinking

LTU932

Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:53 pm

Quoting Scottieprecord (Reply 28):
Helluva close game... Spurs up by 3 with 10 seconds

San Antonio is leading the series 3-0 already?

deltagator

Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:11 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 30):

Yep. That silence you hear is American not caring nor even knowing who is in the Finals outside of the two cities involved.

I miss the 70s and 80s when teams didn't play defense and just scored. This defensive game sucks ass!
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

scottieprecord

Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:17 pm

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 31):
This defensive game sucks ass!

Agreed. I'm a Spurs fan, but their style of basketball is god-awful BORING... And in addition to the games being boring, this series has the look of a sweep on it. Sucks for David Stern! haha

-Mike

Mir

Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:52 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 30):

I watched a bit of the game last night, and from the way the Cavs played, I'm not at all surprised.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

AirCop

Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:07 am

Quoting GEEDO (Reply 29):
but the downward spiral in sports in this country will certainly give leverage back to the networks when new broadcasting contracts are written.

I'm sure the cable channels (ESPN, TNT,) will over pay once again. The owners of the teams must realize the game is not longer attracting casual fans, which in the long run will place the NBA along aside of the NHL, maybe its time Stern is shown the door and new blood is put in place.

LTU932

Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:32 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 31):
Yep. That silence you hear is American not caring nor even knowing who is in the Finals outside of the two cities involved.

I miss the 70s and 80s when teams didn't play defense and just scored. This defensive game sucks ass!

I miss the NBA that had star players who still care about the game. I'm talking about the times of people such as Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone, and of those legendary battles by the Boston Celtics and LA Lakers in the 80's, the original Dream Team from the 1992 Olympic Games in Barcelona (many of the later US "Dream Teams" don't even deserve to be known as a "Dream Team" because they sucked), plus the record run of the Chicago Bulls that got them 6 titles in a decade. It's all gotten flushed down the toilet in these last years, hence why I lost interest in the NBA. Costa Rica used to be crazy about the NBA as well, but right now, I haven't seen them even show a game from the finals on network television (only on cable), and they used to show the finals on national TV a few years back.

Stretch 8

Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:05 am

It is turning into a very humiliating spanking of the Cavs, who appear overmatched against the Spurs. But take heart Cleveland fans. Losing on such a huge stage builds championship fire and heart.
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!

deltagator

Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:40 am

Quoting Stretch 8 (Reply 36):
It is turning into a very humiliating spanking of the Cavs, who appear overmatched against the Spurs. But take heart Cleveland fans. Losing on such a huge stage builds championship fire and heart.

Nah. How many times did the Cavs lose to Jordan's Bulls in the Eastern Conference playoffs and it never sparked anything in them other than getting off to vacation a few weeks sooner.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

Falcon84

Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:11 pm

Quoting Stretch 8 (Reply 36):

A very young team losing to one that can legimately be called a "dynasty" now, isn't humiliating at all, if you ask me. It can be seen as a stepping stone and a learning lession for the Cavaliers. With the exception of Z, their core players right now-LeBron, Gibson, Gooden, Pavlovic, Varajao-are all under 25 years of age. They're a very young team. And I have a feeling Danny Ferry won't just sit on this roster-there's some big holes that need filled-so this team is on the upswing, not the downswing.

After a week or so, they'll look at it as a huge learning experience. It hurts to get bounced like this after a teriffic season, but you have to take a negative and make it a positive.

Go Cavs! Proud of them and their accomplishments this season.
Work Right, Fly Hard

deltagator

Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:27 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 38):
They're a very young team....After a week or so, they'll look at it as a huge learning experience. It hurts to get bounced like this after a teriffic season, but you have to take a negative and make it a positive.

The same was said about the Orlando Magic after they were swept by the Rockets. They've never recovered from that whipping and only now 10+ years later look like they might turn the corner. Time will tell if the Mavs fall into the same funk.

RJdxer

Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:18 pm

I expect a much better performance from the Cavaliers

insert Indians or Browns here

in game

Not quite the Cleveland Cadavers of old, more like the Browns of the 80's and the Indians of the 90's. Same old Cleveland though, always the bridesmaid never the bride. Turn out the lights....the parties over.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

allstarflyer

Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:27 am

A very young team losing to one that can legimately be called a "dynasty" now, isn't humiliating at all, if you ask me.

I'm not asking, and yes it would be humiliating for them to get spanked 4-0.

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 39):
They're a very young team....After a week or so, they'll look at it as a huge learning experience. It hurts to get bounced like this after a teriffic season, but you have to take a negative and make it a positive.

The same was said about the Orlando Magic after they were swept by the Rockets. They've never recovered from that whipping and only now 10+ years later look like they might turn the corner. Time will tell if the Mavs fall into the same funk.

Mavs or Cavs? Orlando coughed up a young Shaq, and I don't see Nowitzki or LeBron going anywhere.

-R
Living the American Dream

Jj

Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:44 am

It's no wonder that the ratings are hitting record lows... Stern needs to do something ASAP. From what I've read on several sites, the smartest idea is the one that suggests that the east meet the west in the first round. That would allow for, if that be the case, finals between two teams of the same conference. Imagine a PHX-SAS finals! That would draw a lot of audience. The way things are set up, it's a joke. The following western conference team would've beaten the cavs in a 7 game series:

Phoenix, Dallas, SA, Utah, Houston, Denver...

So how on earth do you expect to see even finals when the true finals were played in the 2nd round or the western conf. finals? I am a huge basketball fan (jazz fan)... but I quit watching this time after game 1. I understand defensive schemes and everything, and I don't find the games boring... but they're just too loopsided for me to even care. Did anyone think the Cavs actually stood a chance here? LOL

EA CO AS

Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:52 am

Nice call on suspending Stoudemire and Diaw, Stern and Jackson. If not for that, the Suns would likely be playing right now instead of the Spurs, and you'd have much higher ratings. People LOVE the Suns' high-speed offense and the excitement it generates.

Not this plodding, grabbing, hacking crap that comes out of San Antonio.

Well done, Stern. Way to screw yourself and your league.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

Falcon84

Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:15 pm

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 37):
Nah. How many times did the Cavs lose to Jordan's Bulls in the Eastern Conference playoffs and it never sparked anything in them other than getting off to vacation a few weeks sooner.

Unfortunately, that '92 Cavs team was soon decimated by injury, as Mark Price, Brad Daugherty and Hot Rod Williams all suffered serious injuries. Daughterty's career was ended when his back gave way, and Price's career was shortened after someone in Atlanta left a TV cable on the sideline, and Price, after he was fouled, tripped over it, ripping up his knee.

That was a damn fine team, and, like the Knicks of that era, and a few other teams, a guy named Jordan dominated that era.

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 39):
Time will tell if the Mavs fall into the same funk.

The Mavs, or the Cavs? Or both?  Big grin

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 41):
I'm not asking, and yes it would be humiliating for them to get spanked 4-0.

Hardly. Not against a team that is as finely tuned as the Spurs. They're a machine, and they're on the verge of their 4th title in 9 years. That's impressive.

The Cavs are probably a year, maybe two, away from being in the league that the Spurs are. They're still a work in progress. But hey, no one else in the East wanted to win that conference.  Big grin

Quoting Jj (Reply 42):
The following western conference team would've beaten the cavs in a 7 game series:

Phoenix, Dallas, SA, Utah, Houston, Denver...

PHX, DAL, SAT. Yes. Houston. Maybe. Utah and Denver? I think the Cavs could take both of them.

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 43):
Not this plodding, grabbing, hacking crap that comes out of San Antonio.

Oh, Jeez, EA CO AS. You been watching Parker and Ginobli? Great shooters; Duncan? A machine on both ends. This is the best TEAM in the league. The Mavs and Suns have more talent, but they're not the TEAM that San Antonio is. Give some credit where it's due.
Work Right, Fly Hard

halls120

Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:26 pm

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 43):
Nice call on suspending Stoudemire and Diaw, Stern and Jackson. If not for that, the Suns would likely be playing right now instead of the Spurs, and you'd have much higher ratings. People LOVE the Suns' high-speed offense and the excitement it generates.Not this plodding, grabbing, hacking crap that comes out of San Antonio.Well done, Stern. Way to screw yourself and your league.

I can't recall a time when so few people at work were talking about the NBA finals. It's almost like the NHL finals (sorry, hockey fans). There just isn't the same buzz in the air as there was a decade or so ago.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 44):
The Cavs are probably a year, maybe two, away from being in the league that the Spurs are. They're still a work in progress. But hey, no one else in the East wanted to win that conference.

The Cavs are four starters away from being a championship team. Single superstar teams just don't cut it anymore - if they ever did.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

Falcon84

Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:44 pm

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 45):
The Cavs are four starters away from being a championship team. Single superstar teams just don't cut it anymore - if they ever did.

Two starters. Ilgalskus and Gooden are good enough to help take this team to that place. They need a true point guard, and at least another shooter or two. Gibson and Pavlovic are both very young, and both have the potential, but they need some veteran shooting and some veteran toughness.
Work Right, Fly Hard

RJdxer

Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:20 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 44):
The Cavs, Browns, Indians are probably a year, maybe two, away from being in the league that the (insert NBA, NFL, or MLB team here) are. They're still a work in progress.

As have and continue to be, all CLE sports franchises save one.

sccutler

Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:27 pm

Again, a Dallas team wins the NBA Championship!

Congratulations, Dallas Chaparrals.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

HPLASOps

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:01 pm

Quoting SCCutler (Reply 48):
Again, a Dallas team wins the NBA Championship!

Congratulations, Dallas Chaparrals.

Typical - Dallas tries to steal the glory undeservedly from San Antonio. The Cowgirls had a nice little run in the early 90s and that's just not enough for you folks. What, if the Kansas City Chefs ever win a Super Bowl again, will you gloat how they used to be from Texas too?

Let San Antonio have it's glory, please.