halls120

Sopranos Finale Next Week

Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:14 am

For those of you who haven't yet watched tonight's episode, I won't give the details away, but it seems pretty clear where David Chase is leading us as he wraps up the seven years of this outstanding HBO series.

Once we let those who have Tivo'ed tonight's episode to catch up, anyone interested in starting a pool as to how the series ends?
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

walter747

RE: Sopranos Finale Next Week

Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:21 am

All i have to saw about tonights episode is WOW!

I think everyone knew it was coming but it just sends chills up your spine when it happens. My aunt and my cousin were basically screaming Oh My God!
Hussel, Hussel, Husel, Grind, Grind, Grind

LTU932

Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:22 am

Has Janice been clipped yet? I hope that Janice will get finally clipped for being such a bitch.

vaporlock

Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:16 pm

Quoting Halls120 (Thread starter):
For those of you who haven't yet watched tonight's episode, I won't give the details away, but it seems pretty clear where David Chase is leading us as he wraps up the seven years of this outstanding HBO series.

Well, I can't wait for the season to be over because we don't get the Suprano's unless we get a special pay preview channel. But once the season is over, they run it on our regular cable TV and we don't have to pay for it.

Phyllis  bouncy 

jaysit

Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:29 pm

Real spooky music at the end of the show.

Real good.

My favorite scene was the one in which AJ starts to cry and Tony lets the little twit have it.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

STT757

Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:37 pm

The way it's looking from the coming attractions for next weeks episode, and from what has conspired this season up to this point I figure it like this.

Paulie either betrays Tony to NY, and it becomes obvious that he should have killed him on that boat in Miami when he had the chance like he did with Christopher. Or Paulie saves Tony, either way I think Paulie is going to be the key to everything.

Janice is in shock so she's out of the picture, Sil is in bad shape at the hospital, the guy with Sil ( I can't remember his name) is probably still running through that creek. That leaves Tony with a small Crew of people we never got to know during the series and Paulie. Paulie is either going to come through for "T" with a tremendous act of bravery and loyalty making Tony's suspicions of Paulie all seem misguided, or Tony will be dead because he did not carry out killing Paulie when his intuitions were telling him to do it.

Overall I'm very excited how this episode played out.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

AeroWesty

Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:40 pm

I was really disappointed with the two previous episodes. They looked like filler, and if I were to rewatch the series from beginning to end, I'd probably skip those. The only reason for having AJ attempt suicide was to lay some guilt on the psychiatrist. So here's what I think will happen--Tony will get clipped, but survive (again), but the shrink will hear he got shot, and commit suicide out of guilt and frustration with her own shrink for breaking her confidence. There will be a slow pan out in the final scene of Malfi lying on the floor with a gun in her hand and blood pooling up beside her.

Well, at least that's what I'd do.  silly 

BTW, is next week just an hour, or is it 90 minutes like a couple of the season finales have been?
International Homo of Mystery

andessmf

Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:57 pm

Jeez! What a scare!

Somehow I figured Soprano Finale had something to do with Westy's demise!

KROC

Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:41 pm

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 4):
My favorite scene was the one in which AJ starts to cry and Tony lets the little twit have it.

checkmark   checkmark   checkmark 

I saw Bacala getting killed. I didn't think Sil would - or at least end up in as bad shape as he is in. I also think Paulie will play heavy into what happens to Tony. As it stands now, if Tony survives, Paulie gets the bump right to Underboss or Consigliere. Paulie could also sell Tony out and take over everything. I can't wait to see what happens, yet I don't want to as well, because it means the show will be over.

And how ridiculous is Carm? Giving Tony crap when he tells her she needs to get out of the area.

miamiair

Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:48 pm

What I don't get: You know Phil and his crew are gunning for you, why aren't your guys packing serious heat? Sil had his Adriana Killer in his briefcase.

AJ should be a human shield, he is sick you know...

What's with Melfi? Everyone has been beating her head that she enables Tony...

Bobby died with what he loved, his trains...

The crew that went to whack Phil and the communications network was pure Keystone Cops.
Molon Labe - Proud member of SMASH

EA CO AS

Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:52 pm

Quoting Miamiair (Reply 9):
The crew that went to whack Phil and the communications network was pure Keystone Cops.

That's what you get for outsourcing.  Smile

Sil to Paulie, Paulie to Patsy, Patsy to that goon, the goon to the imports. WTF? Is this a game of 'telephone' or something? No wonder it got screwed up!
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

checkraiser

Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:39 pm

Quoting KROC (Reply 8):
Tony survives, Paulie gets the bump right to Underboss or Consigliere

Paulie isn't bright enough for that. And I don't think there's enough time left in the show for that to develop.

I say Tony will get scared, think about his family, and run to the Feds - maybe he'll get killed on the way; maybe it'll end like Goodfellas.

Quoting Miamiair (Reply 9):
Sil had his Adriana Killer in his briefcase.

rotfl 
N1120A is a camel-fucking terrorist.

AGC525

Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:40 pm

NJ wanted to distant themselves from the hit on Phil, hence the "networking". Similar to the first time those guys came over to wack Rusty. Definatley one of the best and darkest episodes ever. I like to think of myself as part of the NJ crew, but in real life the five families of New York always looked down on the NJ guys. Each NY family has about 200 soldiers and NJ is a small fraction of that. Going to war needs to be avoided at all costs, it's a no win situation. it was cool to see the Tony and his guys literally "go to the mattresses". The only thing is, war is bad for buisness. No one is out making money and instead watching thier backs.

It will be interesting to see what happens next week. I was shocked to see Dr. Melfi finally loose her cool and give up on Tony. I hope Tony and the family (both) pull through, but I can't help but to think hearing what a real life FBI agent once said. There's no retiring for these guys, it's either death, jail, or they flip. Next week we'll see. What an awesome series, one of the best ever.
American Aviation: From Kitty Hawk to the Moon in 66 years!

deltadc9

Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:02 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 2):
Has Janice been clipped yet?

After asking Tony for money to help keep Uncle Jr out of a state facilty, I think she is on Tonys shit list.

Quoting STT757 (Reply 5):
either way I think Paulie is going to be the key to everything.

Actually, he always has been. He is the volitile force that has kept everyone in New York at bay, they fear him more than Tony because Paulie has nothing to lose and is a lose cannon.

BTW, I think it is hillarious that this character is played by a real wise guy who had done hard time.

Quoting STT757 (Reply 5):
That leaves Tony with a small Crew of people we never got to know during the series and Paulie.

There are several captains with him that have replaced dead captains over the years. I somehow think meadows potiential father in law will have something to do with what happens next, after he stops running.
Dont take life too seriously because you will never get out of it alive - Bugs Bunny

Aaron747

Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:48 pm

Quoting KROC (Reply 8):
And how ridiculous is Carm? Giving Tony crap when he tells her she needs to get out of the area.

When hasn't Carm been ridiculous? Ridiculous is her character's calling card.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

deltagator

Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:07 pm

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 4):
Real spooky music at the end of the show.

I swear I heard the tune to "The Best is Yet to Come" in that music. I haven't found out what it is yet though I'm looking.

Edit: It is called Running Wild (extended instrumental) by somebody/someone called Tindersticks. Very crepy sound to it.

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 6):
Tony will get clipped, but survive (again), but the shrink will hear he got shot, and commit suicide out of guilt and frustration with her own shrink for breaking her confidence. There will be a slow pan out in the final scene of Malfi lying on the floor with a gun in her hand and blood pooling up beside her.

Oooh, you're an evil SOB with that line of thinking...but I like it!

Here's my take on things though. The preview for next week said "no more hiding" and you see Phil plus you know you'll see Tony. I wonder if the FBI agent is letting Tony know the hit is out on him so he can have Phil and Tony take each other out so he can look good to his bosses for destroying both families.

[Edited 2007-06-04 16:10:38]
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

deltadc9

Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:53 am

Has anyone considered the possiblity of Tony taking out Phil and becoming boss of the NY family and the NJ family which is Phils goal? That leaves it at a great point to make a movie later, which is planned IIRC.
Dont take life too seriously because you will never get out of it alive - Bugs Bunny

AeroWesty

Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:05 am

Quoting DeltaDC9 (Reply 16):
That leaves it at a great point to make a movie later, which is planned IIRC.

This is an old article (2003), but Gandolfini said at the time that as soon as Chase wrapped up Tony's character right, he was outta there:

http://www.nj.com/sopranos/ledger/in...anos/stories/20040109sl_alltv.html

deltadc9

Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:17 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 17):
This is an old article (2003), but Gandolfini said at the time that as soon as Chase wrapped up Tony's character right, he was outta there:

As with all things similar, the part after "outta there" is missing but implied:

"Outta there unless the money is right" is more like it.

KROC

Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:26 am

Quoting Checkraiser (Reply 11):
Paulie isn't bright enough for that. And I don't think there's enough time left in the show for that to develop.

Paulie is not smart enough to be boss, but to be underboss or Consigliere he could handle. He would get one of those slots based on hus senority. If not, he might have to be whacked, because he's not going to like Patsy being the number 2 etc.

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 14):
When hasn't Carm been ridiculous? Ridiculous is her character's calling card.

True,. but she was way over the top this time.

Quoting DeltaDC9 (Reply 16):
Has anyone considered the possiblity of Tony taking out Phil and becoming boss of the NY family and the NJ family which is Phils goal? That leaves it at a great point to make a movie later, which is planned IIRC.

I think there is a good chance of Tony taking out Phil, but T is not a member of the Lupertazi family, so he wouldn't be able to just step in and be boss. it doesn't work that way.

STT757

Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:35 am

Quoting KROC (Reply 19):
I think there is a good chance of Tony taking out Phil, but T is not a member of the Lupertazi family, so he wouldn't be able to just step in and be boss. it doesn't work that way

I think Tony takes out Phil, and his right hand guy the one who Tony put a gun in the face of when he beat up Coco? Then NJ makes peace with the guy at the table who was hesitant about what Phil wanted to do. The old guy with glasses and beard, he becomes the new boss of NY.

deltadc9

Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:40 am

Quoting KROC (Reply 19):
I think there is a good chance of Tony taking out Phil, but T is not a member of the Lupertazi family, so he wouldn't be able to just step in and be boss. it doesn't work that way.

He absolutely can if he kills all the right people. The rest all become part of HIS family, not the other way around.

KROC

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:35 am

Quoting DeltaDC9 (Reply 21):
He absolutely can if he kills all the right people. The rest all become part of HIS family, not the other way around.

Dude, I'm telling you, he can't (on top of that being absurd). David Chase isn't going to re-write Mafia History to the point where one guy will go from being Boss of one family to being the Boss of another. A NY Family is much larger than the Jersey faction so Tony would be killing a whole lot of guys, then by some miraculous change of events, take over the NY Family as well. Its not not possible. It would never happen in real life and its not going to happen here.

EA CO AS

Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:40 am

Quoting KROC (Reply 22):
David Chase isn't going to re-write Mafia History to the point where one guy will go from being Boss of one family to being the Boss of another. A NY Family is much larger than the Jersey faction so Tony would be killing a whole lot of guys, then by some miraculous change of events, take over the NY Family as well. Its not not possible. It would never happen in real life and its not going to happen here.

And this is where Carmine Lupertazzi Jr. might finally decide to step in - he's always seemed afraid of Phil Leotardo to some degree and this could be his time (at least to help Tony vs. Phil, anyway).
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

UH60FtRucker

Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:26 am

After the first episode of this season came out a few months back... I posted in the "Sopranos Final Season" thread.
RE: The Sopranos Finale Season - 8th April 2007 (by UH60FtRucker Apr 10 2007 in Non Aviation)

I said:

Quoting UH60FtRucker:
I like Tony's new pimped-out AR-15... but I sure as hell hope they don't use that thing in some giant blow out scene at the end. Already been done - scarface.

So what do you guys think? He was clutching that thing at the end of last night's episode. I really hope he doesn't use it in some blaze of glory, shooting up the place.

We'll see! Can't wait!

-UH60
Your men have to follow your orders. They don't have to go to your funeral.

AGC525

Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:49 am

That was actually an AR-10. Anyways...Speaking of history I thought it was cool when Paulie mentioned about barely getting through the Columbo war of the 70's. That's one of the five families, not fiction.
American Aviation: From Kitty Hawk to the Moon in 66 years!

deltadc9

Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:46 am

Quoting KROC (Reply 22):
Dude, I'm telling you, he can't (on top of that being absurd). David Chase isn't going to re-write Mafia History to the point where one guy will go from being Boss of one family to being the Boss of another. A NY Family is much larger than the Jersey faction so Tony would be killing a whole lot of guys, then by some miraculous change of events, take over the NY Family as well. Its not not possible. It would never happen in real life and its not going to happen here.

I am not saying it will happen in the way you are guessing.

And if you are talking about things that would never happen, a boss seeing a shrink would be capped in an instant.

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 23):
And this is where Carmine Lupertazzi Jr. might finally decide to step in - he's always seemed afraid of Phil Leotardo to some degree and this could be his time (at least to help Tony vs. Phil, anyway).

This is plausable, and Carmine fears Tony and Paulie, and would not have the upper hand. This is what I am talking about.

AeroWesty

Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:00 am

Tucker Carlson on MSNBC thinks AJ will clip Tony in the end.

LTU932

Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:04 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 27):
Tucker Carlson on MSNBC thinks AJ will clip Tony in the end.

AJ? The guy didn't even have the balls to clip Junior when he had the chance. There's no way in hell AJ will clip Tony.

AeroWesty

Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:10 am

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 28):
AJ? The guy didn't even have the balls to clip Junior when he had the chance.

Did I miss something? When did AJ try to clip Junior?

LTU932

Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:12 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 29):
Did I miss something? When did AJ try to clip Junior?

Last season, when he visited Junior in the mental institution. To be honest, I don't recall if AJ wanted to clip Junior, or stab him. I do know that AJ wanted revenge for Junior shooting Tony.

AeroWesty

Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:19 am

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 30):
I do know that AJ wanted revenge for Junior shooting Tony.

I vaguely recall something about that--it's been a long time. But AJ is certified crazy now.  silly 

But anyway, it's what Tucker Carlson said he thought would happen. I'm sticking with my story above!

aaflt1871

Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:29 am

I'll be honest, I have never watched The Soprano's these past 7 years. I only got into it at the beginning of this season. I must say I love the show and have picked up the previous seasons on DVD to watch at a later date to catch up on all that I have missed. My curiosity is what is the deal with the 2 Muslims the F.B.I agents keep asking about? Will they play some kind of roll in the end?
Where did everybody go?

UH60FtRucker

Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:04 am

Doctor Melfie is not coming back. The symbolism of the office meet... as Tony is walking out, she closes the door. Symbolizing the closing of her character to the story.

The symbolism of when FBI agent Harris tells Tony that there are plans against him... the camera view is from a dark ally. The two walls almost closing in on Tony.

AJ's computer showing global terrorism and impending destruction.

AJ watching TV at home - the War in Iraq. Death. Destruction. Pain.

Tony and Carm's chat with Ardie Bucco and his wife Charmaine. Charmaine: "Still it's a bit disconcerning." Carm: "What is?" Charmaine" "Patrick Parisi is Patsy's son. He still works for Tony. He's in the business." IE: Meadow is getting involved with a mobster, just like Carm did. IE: Nothing ever changes, once you're in... you're in!

All of it is leading up to some big show down and a blow out.
--------------------

BTW: Last week when Tony tells the crew that he tried peyote, and Paulie talks about how he once did LSD: "Once, back in '68, I was with your dad and them at the Copa. ...This fuckin' BOAC stewardess put it in my drink. Jerry Vale started singin' and I look over? ....Your Uncle Jun's got laser beams shootin out his fuckin' eyes!!!"

I laughed my ass off.

AND, remember a few seasons ago, Tony brings AJ don't to the ghetto to show him how good he has it? And the crack whore comes over to Tony's window, and starts cussing at him. To which Tony replies, "WHOA! You blow you're father with that mouth!?"

God I am going to miss this show.

-UH60
Your men have to follow your orders. They don't have to go to your funeral.

jaysit

Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:49 am

When Phil's thugs were planning their hits in the Flatbush hair salon, and one thug asked if Paulie was on the hit list, the head thug said that the hit was not going to be on Paulie, but on management - Tony, Sil and Bobby.

Well, isn't Paulie management? I thought he was a consigliere.

So, I'm wondering if Paulie's been bought off by Phil.

Remember that scene on the boat when Tony and Paulie were alone and Tony was obviously contemplating doing a "Big Pussy" on Paulie, but didn't?

I wonder if that's going to come back and bite Tony.

Paulie had contemplated joining Carmine's NY family when Tony wasn't giving Paulie the seniority he wanted, but didn't because the old Carmine forgot his name, and because Tony bought him back with a big wad of cash. But I bet that Paulie hasn't exactly forgotten. He's a dangerous, dumb, totally crazy maniac, that Paulie.

EA CO AS

Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:00 pm

Ok, I know this is hardly a reputable source - BUT, Star Magazine is reporting the following:

"Is Tony Soprano disappearing into a Federal slammer? Not if Sopranos creator David Chase has anything to do with it! Star has learned that Chase has a big-screen version of his hit HBO show in the works, with filming to start in December!

So expect Tony and his crew to come rolling back, minus some key figures, a source tells Star. SPOILER ALERT - The source says NYC mob king Phil Leotardo will soon be swimming with the fishes!"

KROC

Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:35 pm

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 23):

The loquacious Carmine Jr. told Tony that he decided he didn't want to be the boss. The pressure and the stress wasn't for him. To be honest, seeing as how he duped Tony in the past, I thought he was the one who was playing both sides. He also doesn't have leadership qualities.

Quoting UH60FtRucker (Reply 24):
So what do you guys think? He was clutching that thing at the end of last night's episode. I really hope he doesn't use it in some blaze of glory, shooting up the place.

David Chase wouldn't do something like that. If anything the rifle is more for symolism than anything. And if Tony has to use it, its not going to be anything like the coke fueled final scene in Scarface.

Quoting DeltaDC9 (Reply 26):
I am not saying it will happen in the way you are guessing.

And if you are talking about things that would never happen, a boss seeing a shrink would be capped in an instant.

I'm not saying it will happen the way you are guessing becuase it would be impossible. Oh, and Frank Costello who was the long time boss of the now Genovese Family was the most powerful, well respected Gangster/Boss of the late '30's and into the mid '50's saw a shrink...so its not like it hasn't been done in real life.

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 34):
Well, isn't Paulie management? I thought he was a consigliere.

Paulie was a capo. He was bumped up y Tony in season 2 right before Furio came over and when Tony was firmly in control of the family. Sil was the Consigliere. The Underboss position was never mentioned/filled, but it was probably incoporated between Tony and Junior if at all.

Paulie had contemplated joining Carmine's NY family when Tony wasn't giving Paulie the seniority he wanted, but didn't because the old Carmine forgot his name, and because Tony bought him back with a big wad of cash. But I bet that Paulie hasn't exactly forgotten. He's a dangerous, dumb, totally crazy maniac, that Paulie.

You sorta have this mixed up. Paulie wanted to possibly switch families because he felt Tony wasn't giving him enough due. At the start of Season 4, Paulie is in the can in PA and is calling Johnny sac because Tony doesn't want to be seen associating with him while he is locked up. J-Sac played Paulie and told him that Carmine Sr. (the Boss) thought highly of Paulie and always asked about him. Later in the season when Paulie runs into Carmine Sr. at a wedding, he doesn't know who the hell Paulie is, and Paulie realises that J-sac was using him. Its after that, that Paulie gives himself back to the family in full by giving Tony a fat envelop with cash he boosted from that old bags house. The money Tony gave Paulie was at his welcome home party at the Bing and was 'start-up' money, to get him back on his feet. Long after this, Paulie wa still thinking about trying to change families.

STT757

Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:04 pm

Quoting AAFLT1871 (Reply 32):
My curiosity is what is the deal with the 2 Muslims the F.B.I agents keep asking about? Will they play some kind of roll in the end?

The FBI came to Tony because the Mob is able to know who's buying guns, explosives etc. The US Government used the Mofia in NYC to protect the Brooklyn Navy Yard and to look for spies, they also used the Scilian Mofia to fight the Nazi's and to prepare the way for the US invasion of Sicily and Italy. Tony knew of these two Arabs that were coming around the Bing and looking for some help acquiring materials, the FBI's priorities are terrorists, so they said if Tony were to help them find potential terrorists they would help Tony in return.

Tony gave up the two Arabs to the FBI, and the FBI warned Tony about the impending hit from NY.

Remember that scene on the boat when Tony and Paulie were alone and Tony was obviously contemplating doing a "Big Pussy" on Paulie, but didn't?

I wonder if that's going to come back and bite Tony.

Tony was right when he killed Christopher, Christopher was contemplating given up everything to the FEDs. But was he right in not killing Paulie?

ltbewr

Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:18 pm

My mom thinks Carm will off Tony for all the trouble he has brought her from the whores to the endangering her and so on.(I kinda doubt that). Still Carm will be important to the end.

Possible endings as to Tony:

Sacrificing himself to Phil's guys or committing suicide.
Witness protection - mainly to protect his family.
Jail as finally busted - maybe part of a deal by Carm to save herself, the kids and her/joint assets
A mental health episode that puts him into the Psych hospital like his Uncle Junior - that could be the ultimate horror.
Murdered by a family member (Carm, AJ)

I wouldn't be surprised if Paulie is bumped off by his own carelessness or greed. That would take away all of those closest to Tony in the mob family. There will be a few dead bodies in Phil's group - and perhaps even Phil - before the episode is over.
I can't wait for next week to see what will happen.

KROC

Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:23 pm

Quoting STT757 (Reply 37):
The FBI came to Tony because the Mob is able to know who's buying guns, explosives etc. The US Government used the Mofia in NYC to protect the Brooklyn Navy Yard and to look for spies, they also used the Scilian Mofia to fight the Nazi's and to prepare the way for the US invasion of Sicily and Italy. Tony knew of these two Arabs that were coming around the Bing and looking for some help acquiring materials, the FBI's priorities are terrorists, so they said if Tony were to help them find potential terrorists they would help Tony in return.

Tony gave up the two Arabs to the FBI, and the FBI warned Tony about the impending hit from NY.

The Arabs were associates of Christopher. They ran scams for him. Credit cards and phone cards etc. Tony gave them up because they stopped hanging around the Bing then he saw them in Muslim gear looking suspicious.

As for the benefit to Tony, Agent Harris said he would insert a letter stating Tony helped out the Feds on this matter and that the judge would see that/take it into consideration should Tony be sentenced for other crimes. Harris letting Tony know he was in danger is something the Feds are required to do by law. While it wasn't official at the time, Harris gave tony the heads up, if anything out of respect. The relationship with Tony and Agent Harris is reminicent of the relationship that Agents Kurns and O'brien had with Paul Castellano in real life.

miamiair

Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:42 pm

Satisfaction for me will be Phil and his cock-eyed side kick getting whacked.

Will T go to the Feds?

$64,000.00 question.
Molon Labe - Proud member of SMASH

jaysit

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:30 pm

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 38):
My mom thinks Carm will off Tony for all the trouble he has brought her from the whores to the endangering her and so on.(I kinda doubt that). Still Carm will be important to the end.

I think that's a fantasy that many women viewers have!

But I doubt that Carm will ever do anything to harm Tony.

I am really going to miss this show. It was the best.

deltadc9

Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:37 am

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 30):
To be honest, I don't recall if AJ wanted to clip Junior, or stab him.

He took a big knife in with him and panicked and dropped it on the floor. It was kinda pathetic.

Quoting KROC (Reply 36):
Oh, and Frank Costello who was the long time boss of the now Genovese Family was the most powerful, well respected Gangster/Boss of the late '30's and into the mid '50's saw a shrink...so its not like it hasn't been done in real life.

That is completely different. If Phil knew, he would consider it a risk to all thier interests. Tony is not respected at all by Phil and I dont think Carmine (not jr) respected him either, hense the remarks about his family only being a glorified crew.

Drug users, and weak minded people are simply considered a liability when they know too much. This is why Christopher got what he got.

KROC

Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:22 am

Quoting DeltaDC9 (Reply 42):
That is completely different. If Phil knew, he would consider it a risk to all thier interests. Tony is not respected at all by Phil and I dont think Carmine (not jr) respected him either, hense the remarks about his family only being a glorified crew.

No, it isn't completely different. It was widely known that Frank Costello, the Prime Minister of the Mob and perhaps the all time best corruptor of politicians and the like saw a shrink.

In real life, all 5 NY Families saw the Jersey family as a glorified Crew. Tony seeing a shrink not withstanding. Phil doesn't respect Tony, because T's cousin whacked his brother. Well that and because Phil is a cocksucker.

Drug users, and weak minded people are simply considered a liability when they know too much. This is why Christopher got what he got.

Tony and Christopher cannot be compared at all.

EA CO AS

Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:53 am

Quoting DeltaDC9 (Reply 42):
Quoting KROC (Reply 36):
Oh, and Frank Costello who was the long time boss of the now Genovese Family was the most powerful, well respected Gangster/Boss of the late '30's and into the mid '50's saw a shrink...so its not like it hasn't been done in real life.

That is completely different. If Phil knew, he would consider it a risk to all thier interests.

IIRC, Phil knows Tony sees a shrink. Carmine Lupertazzi and Johnny Sack both knew and didn't care, so odds are Phil let it go as well.

Phil's thing seems to be that since he did 20 years, he's the only one who 'deserves' anything in life - to him, no one else has paid the price he has, and therefore they're not entitled to anything.

Especially a 'fat piece of shit from Jersey who stepped over his uncle - his father's brother - to grab the top spot.'