767AV
Topic Author

Trip To Russia

Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:38 am

I´m going to travel this summer to Russia. My question is if it´s better to go there with Euros or with Dollars. Also I want to know about good areas in Moscow and St. Petersburg to look for a hotel. I mean places where I can find restaurants, bars, night life, etc.... (If you have a good hotel to advice it would be great)

I look forward your comments and recomendations about this country.

Thanks and best regards,

767AV

LH648

RE: Trip To Russia

Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:36 am

Quoting 767AV (Thread starter):
My question is if it´s better to go there with Euros or with Dollars.

Dollars are more welcomed, but Euros is not a problem as well. I personaly preffer Visa.

Haven't been in St. Petersburg for a long time, so I cannot rcomend anything there.

want to know about good areas in Moscow and St. Petersburg to look for a hotel.

Accomodation in Moscow is extremely expensive. If you are looking for not so expensive option - take a look on Budapesht hotel (http://www.hotel-budapest.ru/main.html). It's located in the center of Moscow, 5 minutes by walk to Bolshoi Theatre and 10 to Red Square. I've stayed there once - it's very good option for this money.

If you don't have money issue - just go to any big chain hotel in the center, like Marriot Grand Hotel or Hayat Ararat Park. So generaly speaking - the best area is near the Kremlin or near Tverskaya street.

In any case - book the hotel ASAP. Otherwise it will be a problem to find a room in the hotel.

I look forward your comments and recomendations about this country.

My recomendation is if you are not looking like european or don't have realy good friends in Russia - don't go there. Rasism and Nationalism is really a problem in Russia.