allstarflyer

Which Candidate Wins Your State?

Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:11 pm

Going from A.net US Presidential Elections 2007 Results, I'm curious who you think has the best shot in your state. I'm sure we have people here from nearly every state, so we could get a decent gauge as to what we might expect as a whole.

In Indiana (where I currently reside), I'd have to say Mitt Romney has the best opportunity (though, I haven't looked at any Indy polls recently).

In Illinois (my home state for a long time), I'd have to say Obama, although, Hillary will fight tooth and nail for that state.

-R
Living the American Dream

rjpieces

RE: Which Candidate Wins Your State?

Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:13 pm

In New York, Hillary and Rudy probably have the best shots.
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

Mir

Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:59 am

Quoting RJpieces (Reply 1):
In New York, Hillary and Rudy probably have the best shots.

Hillary will win before Giuliani does, but I hope it's neither of them.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

rjpieces

Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:13 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 2):
Hillary will win before Giuliani does, but I hope it's neither of them.

Who do you hope it is?
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

AC773

Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:13 am

With the possible exception of the '80, '84, and '88 elections, Maryland has been a consistent hold for the Democrats. Obviously it's really hard to predict things like these that involve broad personal opinions, but I think Joe Biden stands a pretty good chance of carrying the state in the primary of all goes well and he can hold his tongue. He's a senator from the adjacent state of Delaware, and he's been a Washington insider for decades.

Everybody knows him, a lot of people like him, and I think he has some strong points that people around here could really get behind (healthcare, foreign affairs, etc.)

That's my best guess.  Smile
Better to be nouveau than never to have been riche at all.

ShyFlyer

Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:31 am

Quoting Allstarflyer (Thread starter):
who you think has the best shot in your state.

For New Mexico, I'd be very surprised if Bill Richardson doesn't take the state.
I lift things up and put them down.

D L X

Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:42 am

I think Virginia will select Obama and Thompson.

DLPMMM

Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:31 am

Quoting D L X (Reply 6):
I think Virginia will select Obama and Thompson.

Tommy or Fred?

Fred Thompson and John Edwards in SC I think.

Mir

Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:36 am

Quoting RJpieces (Reply 3):
Who do you hope it is?

Should be somewhat obvious.  Smile

-Mir

MCOflyer

Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:14 am

Florida will be Rudy or Hilliary.

Hunter
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

PacificWest

Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:18 am

Can't believe any American thinks Hillary has a shot to win the presidency; this country is way to obsessed with masculinity for her to ever win...

The Republicans in Washington D.C. are gonna throw a party and get drunk if Hillary gets the nomination...

rjpieces

Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:25 am

Quoting PacificWest (Reply 10):
Can't believe any American thinks Hillary has a shot to win the presidency; this country is way to obsessed with masculinity for her to ever win...

And look where the "masculinity" of the last seven years has gotten us....I think Hillary has an excellent shot to win but it depends on who the Republican nominee is...

The Republicans in Washington D.C. are gonna throw a party and get drunk if Hillary gets the nomination...

That's a Beltway statement and nothing more. Hillary will probably have the most money of any Presidential nominee in history, an unrivaled team of political experts, and her most important asset: Bill Clinton, who most Americans wish were still President. Had Gore asked Clinton to campaign for him in Florida in 2000, he would be President today.

In short, I wouldn't write Hillary off because she is a woman...

ShyFlyer

Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:00 am

Don't be silly, Hillary is very masculine.  Silly
I lift things up and put them down.

N776AU

Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:26 am

Georgia- Rudy Giuliani, I would bet.
Careful, Doors Are Closing And Will Not Reopen. Please Wait For The Next Train

Mir

Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:25 pm

Quoting RJpieces (Reply 11):

That's a Beltway statement and nothing more.

His reasoning is wrong (who cares if she's a woman, really), but the statement is true. The GOP will have a flame-fest with Hillary that will make the whole Kerry swift boat thing seem tame. Opposing Hillary will enable them to mobilize the base like never before.

-Mir

PacificWest

Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:20 am

Should the fact the Hillary is a woman matter to Americans? No.... But it will. Joe Blow in the heartland is gonna have a hard time voting for a woman senator from New York, thats just the way it is in the USA.

I don't align myself with either party, but I always hear democrats argue "that shouldn't matter". Even if it's as stupid as what part of the country they're from, gender, etc.... it does matter. This election should be a shoe-in for the Democrats, but they're making a ballgame out of it.

bhmbaglock

Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:57 am

At the moment, Rudy has it for the Republicans here in AL but when Fred Thompson comes in it could go either way. For the Dems, dead heat at the moment between Hillary and Obama.

In the general election, AL will most likely go Red, definitely if Hillary is the nominee for the Dems.
Where are all of my respected members going?

rjpieces

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:36 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 14):
The GOP will have a flame-fest with Hillary that will make the whole Kerry swift boat thing seem tame.

The only reason the "swift boat" thing became so out of control was because of the ineptitude of Kerry's campaign. Heck, Kerry would have won the election if he had run a half-decent campaign...

Quoting Mir (Reply 14):
Opposing Hillary will enable them to mobilize the base like never before.

Perhaps...But the way I see it is that Hillary is the best shot the Democrats have to win in 2008. The country will not elect a man who says we are not at war with Islamic terrorists (John Edwards). I thought maybe Obama was somewhat electable, but after seeing his answers at the first two debates and his talk on that CNN "Faith and Politics" special last week, I am convinced that he too is not electable. He is asked how he would respond to a terrorist attack in American cities, and he rambled on about Hurricane Katrina. He rambles on and on but offers no substance....I think the Obama moment will pass (it seems to already be passing in Hollywood). He is really young and dynamic and obviously has a bright future (perhaps as VP or President someday) but lacks the experience at this stage, especially in the foreign arena.

Hillary, say what you will about her, has crafted a very centrist image that will make her the only Democrat who is electable in a general election. For example, in her years as Senator from New York, she has become very, very close with military leaders.

She clearly has the background and the experience necessary to run for and be President....I can't say that about any other Democrat (except perhaps Al Gore, but that is an entirely different story)

Quoting PacificWest (Reply 15):
But it will. Joe Blow in the heartland is gonna have a hard time voting for a woman senator from New York, thats just the way it is in the USA.

And Joe Blow American is going to vote for an African-American of Muslim heritage?

tz757300

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:47 am

For DE, I'm sure Biden will get it. I mean, he has been our senator since the late 70's I believe.
LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!